2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

On another note, just an observation I noticed but - in the opening credits that I watched on Netflix, they start with the leads names, and then all the supporting characters names and lastly they end it with “그리고 장혁”. Which essentially means “and Jang Hyuk”. This reminds me of how typically in english movies or dramas - if the similar formula follows in how opening credits are written, the person who gets this “spot” is usually “someone who is charismatic and prominent in their career and popularity making a special/key appearance in a show”. I wonder if the same logic applies here in this drama from the way they sequenced his name in the opening credits. Maybe I’m overthinking it, but that could explain @azureblue7 statement that even the other senior characters appear more often than JH. 

Thanks for pointing that out. That may explains his screen time may not that as much as some of the supporting roles but he still plays a significant role.

I got this from wiki under billing ,

"An actor may receive "last billing", which usually designates a smaller role played by a famous name. They are usually credited after the rest of the lead cast, prefixed with "and" (or also "with" if there is more than one, as Samuel L. Jackson was in the latter two Star Wars prequels)."

So it means that it is not that JH is now being relegated to doing supporting roles. He is still a big name and people know it and that is why his name is placed last in the credits and he is included in the posters even though he may not have as many scenes. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

7 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

On another note, just an observation I noticed but - in the opening credits that I watched on Netflix, they start with the leads names, and then all the supporting characters names and lastly they end it with “그리고 장혁”. Which essentially means “and Jang Hyuk”. This reminds me of how typically in english movies or dramas - if the similar formula follows in how opening credits are written, the person who gets this “spot” is usually “someone who is charismatic and prominent in their career and popularity making a special/key appearance in a show”. I wonder if the same logic applies here in this drama from the way they sequenced his name in the opening credits. Maybe I’m overthinking it, but that could explain @azureblue7 statement that even the other senior characters appear more often than JH. 

Any thoughts guys? 

Yeah Lee Dong-wook's name appear this way too in his latest drama 'Strangers from Hell', right at the end with a 'and' before it.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

27 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Yeah Lee Dong-wook's name appear this way too in his latest drama 'Strangers from Hell', right at the end with a 'and' before it.

Really? I like his role in Strangers from hell. Not as much screen time as the leads or even some of the supporting actors but he leaves such a deep impression. I'm sure  JH will have that effect too. Less screen time but impressive performance.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Thanks for pointing that out. That may explains his screen time may not that as much as some of the supporting roles but he still plays a significant role.

I got this from wiki under billing ,

"An actor may receive "last billing", which usually designates a smaller role played by a famous name. They are usually credited after the rest of the lead cast, prefixed with "and" (or also "with" if there is more than one, as Samuel L. Jackson was in the latter two Star Wars prequels)."

So it means that it is not that JH is now being relegated to doing supporting roles. He is still a big name and people know it and that is why his name is placed last in the credits and he is included in the posters even though he may not have as many scenes. 

So it’s officially how it’s done in the entertainment world! Thanks for researching that @azureblue7. Then it definitely all makes sense now. It was just about misleading previously to think that he was one of the “main leads” in the traditional sense when they gave him a character poster but yet not in the main poster/press con. But now I see clearer what role he has in the show, and can change my perspective of how I watch it and how I anticipate his scenes. ^_^

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Prettysup said:

But in Deep Rooted Tree he was the main lead, not here though. So pls dont raise your expectations too much. I have a feeling all those scenes in teasers which we already saw his face will be all that we are getting.

:scream: :scream: :scream:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

11 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

This method of accreditation is also followed by Indian movie industries. Whenever any popular or talented leading actor/actress make rather brief appearance in a movie his/her name get last billing.

There was an extremely popular yesteryear Bollywood character actor named Pran who always used to get last billing in his movies. He usually played villainous characters but was considered even bigger box office draw than the protagonists. :D

He was a talented and charismatic actor but unfortunately he was in the industry which is not known for nutrturing talents. But still he enjoyed immense popularity in 50s, 60s and 70s. Such was his fear that people of that era who got exposed to Bollywood  stopped naming their kids 'Pran' altogether even though it has good meaning(equivalent to Chinese Qi).:sweatingbullets:

Even his biography was titled,

'....and PRAN'

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVqiLS9p5sfKPLpUiUb5I

• Like 3

13 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I love these comments on Dramabeans about My country.:lol:

I can attest to the 2nd comment. That was exactly how my friend felt when she first knew about him through Wok of Love! Lol! That's his charm.

I can relate to that. Even with his bad hair day on SSOBG I fell in love. lol. Everyone around me is obsess about Bae Young Joon, Won Bin and Song Seung Hoon thanks to WS and AIMH but I definitely smitten with him. Baby face Hyukie and his dimple is so cute. lol. 

SSBG_proposal 

cr:stuckonhyuk

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, yoeda said:

Even with his bad hair day on SSOBG I fell in love. 

Actually I didn't notice or got smitten by him in SSOBG. I didn't find him handsome (maybe is the hairstyle). I only took notice of him in TY because of his chemistry with Seo Shin Ae (little girl). Needless to say, I fell in love with Dr Min after that. :lol:And this man gets hotter and more handsome as the years go by. 

13 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I can attest to the 2nd comment. That was exactly how my friend felt when she first knew about him through Wok of Love! Lol! That's his charm.

Maybe it is just me who felt differently - when I read comments about Chil Sung (Jang Hyuk) having great chemistry with Sae Woo (the female lead), I was like "huh"?? I didn't find them having chemistry. I would pair Chil Sung up with Ji Kyung (the Vet) but of course not sure whether they both will have chemistry since they didn't have a love line. :triumph:

• LOL 2

I just watched "this is my home" in which Jang Hyuk helps build a home for the unfortunate (guest appearance). It should be filmed around 2017 (his hairstyle is the VOICE hairstyle). JH shared that his father was proud of being in the construction profession but JH didn't want to pursue this profession because he will not have time to spend with his family. JH admired families who could spend quality time together.  

Such a gifted actor, a wonderful humble man, a loving husband and doting father. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Pic taken at boxing gym, I can't wait for him to finish filming My Country and get rid of that long hair

:lol: I think his wife will also prefer him with short hair. I remembered he mentioned at an interview while he was filming Chuno that his family couldn't wait for him to cut his long hair...Haha!  I wonder what kind of hairstyle will he don for his next drama? :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

:lol: I think his wife will also prefer him with short hair. I remembered he mentioned at an interview while he was filming Chuno that his family couldn't wait for him to cut his long hair...Haha!  I wonder what kind of hairstyle will he don for his next drama? :P

Yes I remembered too. His wife must be can't stand his hairstyle in Chuno. And this hair too (the one at the gymn) is real ugly. :phew: And I think his little princess is not going to kiss him with his rather long "beard" below the chin. Lol. 

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Yes I remembered too. His wife must be can't stand his hairstyle in Chuno. And this hair too (the one at the gymn) is real ugly. :phew: And I think his little princess is not going to kiss him with his rather long "beard" below the chin. Lol. 

Poor him.. guess long hair at this awkward length is harder to maintain. 

And hairstyle does make a difference..take a look..Haha!

20191007-171831.jpg

• LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Why do people not like this hair style? I really like it. Also, he just worked out in the gym, even the best hair style usually will get messed up during a workout... I don't know many women who look good at the end of a workout...

I think the worst hair styles he had were the one at the beginning of Midas (what the hell was that?!) and, obviously, the one with his hair combed down his forehead, led by the cut in IRIS2 :) 

But I too cannot wait for the shoot of My country to be over so that JH can move on to a lead role, whatever the hair style... :)

In the mean time, I wonder if JH will participate in the promotion once his role gets more significant in My country

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

And hairstyle does make a difference..take a look..Haha!

Oh my goodness, hahaha! Hairstyle does make a difference! I suppose the picture of him having worked out in the gym didn't do justice to the hair. But I must agree that this long hair of his has no structure. All he aimed for is to grow his hair long, doesn't matter the style or cut, because it will be tied up for My Country. This particular pic was not flattering at all mainly because his hair somehow ended up looking like a middle parting right in the centre. Haha.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2