1 hour ago, AgnesO said:

Finished with Ep 6, and wow.. I have no words for this man in action.  He's the best!  Am I supposed to feel deceived by OHJ's disability?  But no, I'm awestruck.  OHJ has been enduring and patiently waiting for 5 years, and the moment he unleashed.... he's scary.  

I'm satisfied with how the show has developed.  A lot of mystery lurking, and stories waiting to unfold.  AND we're going to see OHJ himself involved in the investigation, not confined in a wheelchair and giving instructions in a dark room, but out there!! I want to see more of him and SY working together side by side solving cases.  I can see how the 2 of them complement each other.  OHJ's coldness vs SY's warmth.  And OHJ's intelligence and calculated move vs SY's simplicity.  I think this is where the healing (and maybe a littleeee romance, haha) starts.  SY may just be the one who bring out the humane side of him.  I hope so... 

Looking forward to weekends :D

I wasn’t surprised by his ‘disability’.

Initially I thought I won’t like his hair but it’s growing on me hahahah he looks damn cool! 

And I must say the actress that acted as CSY is pretty good.  And yup my Guess is the same, she is likely the one that will bring OHJ back to ‘normal’. 

I don’t like the make up of team leader Hwang. It makes her look creepy and sometimes I even think could she be the person behind I Su’s death.... 

Episode 16 pls! 
and here goes my spamming of tweets! Can only do it here and not on the other thread :) 

• Like 6

Done watching episode 6 finally!!! I’m soooo glad OHJ is alive and kicking! (Ok, he kinda said he is figuratively dead inside :sweatingbullets:) so happy my hopes came true, I was getting frustrated seeing him sit on the wheelchair in the dark for 5 whole episodes. 

disability continues to be a theme in this show, with the mute boy. The case is really sad and going to be one emotional one! 

and... I’m with most of you who want a little romance, even just a hint of it would be good. OHJ and SY would make a surprising but sweet couple. It reminds me of BM, where the simplicity of the female lead made the relationship with LYO very sweet.

But then ok let me lower my expectations again. I realistically don’t think we will get any signs of them falling in love. But I do hope there’s something clear about how they both helped each other heal their wounds. We got OHJ walking AND seeing, so we shouldn’t be so greedy :lol: 

Overall excited for the new plot development! It turns out there’s someone orchestrating all these. Don’t you guys think the scene when OHJ found a wiretap device and he started listening to it - the person on the other end was super darn creepy??! :crazy: Really sent chills... even more so than Lee Bo Kwang who honestly looked more like a rookie killer. 

• Like 4

@The Reel Life Im glad you mentioned the new killer, the one with the hand movement (which looked feminine) the eerie child or woman whimpering sound, who had a drink that reminded me of OHJ too. I was finally properly creeped out! Ive been wailing and freaking out about this scene everywhere but no one seemed to care until now (I guess OJH surprise took all the attention and Its understandable :D

About the OHJ and Sooyoung tandem, will they be like Sherlock and Watson (thinking of their dynamic in the latest BBC version) or more like Hannibal Lechter and Clarisse :ph34r: (because he is crazy and creepy and sometimes I think OHJ is the killer, going with this crazy theory floating around) We shall see! Either way! Im looking forward to where this goes 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@The Reel Life Im glad you mentioned the new killer, the one with the hand movement (which looked feminine) the eerie child or woman whimpering sound, who had a drink that reminded me of OHJ too. I was finally properly creeped out! Ive been wailing and freaking out about this scene everywhere but no one seemed to care until now (I guess OJH surprise took all the attention and Its understandable :D

About the OHJ and Sooyoung tandem, will they be like Sherlock and Watson (thinking of their dynamic in the latest BBC version) or more like Hannibal Lechter and Clarisse :ph34r: (because he is crazy and creepy and sometimes I think OHJ is the killer, going with this crazy theory floating around) We shall see! Either way! Im looking forward to where this goes 

@dramafan33 when did the ‘eerie child or woman whimpering sound’ appear? 

I know the one that wire tapped the guy, with left hand lifted up and a mark on it (I thought I saw a mark) - but I don’t recall hearing the above, was it together at the same time?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

@dramafan33 when did the ‘eerie child or woman whimpering sound’ appear? 

I know the one that wire tapped the guy, with left hand lifted up and a mark on it (I thought I saw a mark) - but I don’t recall hearing the above, was it together at the same time?

Aha, yes. Listen to it again. Some people mention music and to be honest I didn’t notice the music. I only noticed the eerie sound. Like someone was softly moaning or a soft whimper. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Aha, yes. Listen to it again. Some people mention music and to be honest I didn’t notice the music. I only noticed the eerie sound. Like someone was softly moaning or a soft whimper. 

Yes.. I heard it too... sounds like a child whimpering. I'm not surprised if it is made by the killer himself...eww.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, AgnesO said:

What I like about Voice, besides the cool fighting in ep 8 & 9, is his emotional scenes, both with his son and memories of his wife.  The rest I can skip.

Me too. I also cried when he was at his wife niche telling her to go. :bawling:

10 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I must say I really like Soo Young herself! She is very charming, seems to get along well with everyone, very polite and respectful and has great potential! I think she’s played her role here very well, definitely grown a lot as an actress and I’m glad she’s enjoying working with JH!

I still feel she looks like Park Se Young at certain angle. But overall, she looks sweeter than PSY (for me). I think it's korean culture & Jap culture, the juniors are very polite & respectful to their senior. I actually kind of like their bowing culture. Shows alot of respect for the other person.

8 hours ago, kohnlee said:

I don’t like the make up of team leader Hwang. It makes her look creepy and sometimes I even think could she be the person behind I Su’s death.... 

I didn't think she would be involved in Isu death but perhaps she knew "something" but she cannot disclose.

Agree, the makeup on her looks ugly. But then, her makeup at SOGC wasn't that beautiful either. Her eyes are small & the makeup artiste make her eyes look "evil" here.

8 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I’m with most of you who want a little romance, even just a hint of it would be good. OHJ and SY would make a surprising but sweet couple. It reminds me of BM, where the simplicity of the female lead made the relationship with LYO very sweet.

Even if there is romance, I don't think there will be sweet nothings...OHJ is not that sort of character. Even Isu told Leader Hwang he's cold (can't remember the exact words). At most he will just hold her hand, or grab hold of her hand & walk together. Hahaha!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@dramafan33 Yesssss, It was the most eerie part of the series. In Voice, I agree that Mo Tae Gu was a very formidable and psychopathic villain. But this mystery person (because they are still hiding the face) coupled with that hand movement and the crazy sounds brought it to another level. Like, what’s with that hand movement??? And, yes those whimpering sounds, for a moment I had to check if it was from the TV or in real life, but then I watched again and yes it was the TV. For a moment I also thought there was something wrong with the video (you know how when videos or old TV sets go awry they have like some weird screeching sound), I thought it was that. But no! I don’t feel like rewatching that scene cos it’s so creepy, but then again if I watch it a few more times maybe I will be numb and then it will remove the creepiness. Haha. 

Also about theories on who the killer might be: (putting spoiler tag as I know some would not want to read theories, so by all means please avoid if you don’t want to have your viewing lenses clouded by theories!! I hate wearing these lenses when watching btw but since I already read what some ppl wrote, so oh well. Might as well share my 2 cents lol.)

Spoiler

I found it slightly annoying that Team Leader Hwang shot The Guy in the head (right?), when he was almost going to tell OHJ. I get that she wanted to protect him, but it almost concurrently felt that she wanted to stop him from saying something. But I could be overthinking it. 

And on your theory that OHJ might have a split personality, I think that’s also possible. I had chills when the other person on the wiretap device was also drinking whisky in a glass, and was sitting in the dark room just like OHJ. However it could be two things. One, his hallucination, or two, someone who knows Hyun Jae really well and mimics what he does. I’ve seen movies with this sort of plot so I don’t think it’s entirely impossible. From a movie perspective it was a very smart move and shocked viewers and made it a critically acclaimed show. 

HOWEVER, I need to say that I truly hope the show doesn’t take it to that direction. It would be a very unique and different move in Korean drama land which sets it apart from other run of the mill shows, but I would be heartbroken for OHJ. And I just don’t want to see him act as such a psycho character :tears: I’m still all for his healing relationship with himself and Soo Young. 

I don’t think the odds are high for that ending, in fact I think it’s far-fetched, because I think SY’s mum’s accident isn’t connected in some way and I don’t think Hyun Jae would have anything to do with it. And I don’t think he could have anything to do with the death of his fiancé too. His love for her was genuine! 

So we are probably back to the speculation that it might be someone in the police force, or a new character that has not been introduced to the screen. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, budgerie said:

Even if there is romance, I don't think there will be sweet nothings...OHJ is not that sort of character. Even Isu told Leader Hwang he's cold (can't remember the exact words). At most he will just hold her hand, or grab hold of her hand & walk together. Hahaha!

That's a lot already if he ever hold her hand!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

31 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

That's a lot already if he ever hold her hand!!

I think we are all just desperate for JH to act in another love story! Melo, rom com, whatever it is. Give him some on screen love story! He shines when he acts out a character in love, not just in pain :tears: I’ve had enough of a dose of JH in eccentricity and anger and sadness already... I seriously just hope he’s not avoiding such shows or moving away from them because of his age. There are many age-appropriate love stories that can be done! (Or maybe he’s not seeing a love story script he likes? Or he wants to make sure it’s with an actress he is confident of creating on-screen chemistry with?)

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

I think we are all just desperate for JH to act in another love story! Melo, rom com, whatever it is. Give him some on screen love story! He shines when he acts out a character in love, not just in pain :tears: I’ve had enough of a dose of JH in eccentricity and anger and sadness already... I seriously just hope he’s not avoiding such shows or moving away from them because of his age. There are many age-appropriate love stories that can be done! (Or maybe he’s not seeing a love story script he likes? Or he wants to make sure it’s with an actress he is confident of creating on-screen chemistry with?)

Well, only recently we commented about how most K rom coms are really bad. So I'm guessing after FTLY JH was actually offered more rom coms, but he rejected them. As much as I hate WOL, JH's role is not a typical one and he seemed to have gotten free reign in its design, so that might explain why he accepted that role.

I actually wondered about what JH's friend said about JH daily schedule: "A day of Hyuk - Taking care of kids. Working out.Reading scripts and meeting with managers at the office. And then filming." Just how many scripts does JH read and reject?! Seeing that he also reads scripts that are not sent to him, I kinda speculate that the script for MC was actually not offered to JH. I don't think the producers would have dared offer that role to him. I'm guessing that it was sent to the agency, JH came across it, and took it as it offered him an opportunity to redo YBW.

Also- what does it means "meeting with managers at the office". Who are these managers? His managers? We have long speculated that JH is actually a partner in his agency as he seems to have free reign there. I wonder if this is actually the truth. I don't think we have the real picture of who JH really is professionally...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@The Reel Life Most likely, he is not getting offers for romance. He is likely not the first actor casting directors picture for romance and while plenty of love stories could be written for people in their 40’s kdrama doesn’t do many of those. 

Yea..feel the same.  Lucky if they cast him, then it has to be a script he likes, and what I worry about is finding a female lead that suits him so that chance isn't wasted.

• Like 2

@Biology Lesson JH a mystery wrapped in a riddle wrapped in a puzzle :D

I wish someone asked him these questions! Maybe next time there’s a Q and A we’ll try to get our questions through 

@phoenix24 I want him with JNR in a FTLY reverse role situation where he is shy and she is hilarious and with some drama, cause their chemistry is out of this world 

He has had chemistry with Jun Ji Hyun(?) Windstruck actress who is a superstar. Not sure why he is no longer cast with superstars. 

People want to see him with Ha Ji Won in some action project (she is not my favorite but she is good in action)

I want to see him working again with Soo Ae they had awesome rapport in The Flu (more behind the scenes than in the movie) She spoke so beautifully about him I almost felt like shipping them (but no, his wife is my ship forever) 

I would love to see him with Kim Sun Ah, his good friend, solid actress, great kisser!

Some kind of intense dark sexy situation with Lee Mi Sook will be welcomed. I loved them together in Money Flower. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1