3 hours ago, budgerie said:

I love those dreamy eyes. The one on the sofa with his leg propped up is very sensual. :wub: 

I likes these shots.. he had got the perfect side profile. And I really like his 2 cute bunny front tooth showing a little. Haha! 

IMG-20191025-121911-330.jpg

IMG-20191025-122515-033.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Combination of Jang Hyuk and historical dramas, the unchangeable law of ratings success

127336_114734_855.jpg

It remains unchanged after three years. It's about Jang Hyuk, an actor who goes well with historical dramas. In JTBC's "My Country," a historical drama he chose for the first time in three years, he is shining and fluttering more than anyone else.

JTBC's "My Country," which first aired on October 4, is an action historical drama that depicts people's explosive desire for power and protection by pointing swords at each other over their respective beliefs. "My Country" is set against the backdrop of the late Goryeo and early Joseon. Jang Hyuk plays Lee Bang-won, a man with the head of a fox and the heart of a tiger.

Jang Hyuk's unique charisma in historical dramas is making viewers move their minds after a long time. Jang made his debut through the 1997 SBS drama "Model" and played the character "Lee Dae-gil" with impressive acting skills in KBS2TV's "Chuno," which aired in 2010, leaving a strong presence for viewers. In particular, Jang Hyuk's charismatic eyes and colorful action scenes in "Chuno" did a great job in making "Lee Dae-gil" his life character.

Afterwards, Jang showed a unique presence in historical dramas, drawing huge love from viewers. Through SBS' "The Deep Rooted Tree" (2011), he played the role of "Kang Chae-yoon," an officer in uniform and the royal guard of Sejong (Han Suk-kyu), as well as a delicate internal performance, which earned him a positive response from viewers.

In addition, KBS2TV's "Gaekju 2015" (2015-2016) laid down the heaviness for a while and lightly released the character 'Cheon Bong-sam', while drawing rich emotion lines to give viewers a different charm. The term 'professional historical actor' was also coined.

Jang, however, briefly stopped his historical drama career since "Gaekju 2015," drawing many viewers' regret. This is why many people were so pleased with Jang's choice of "My Country."

Three years have passed, but through "My Country," Jang has shown his ability to play a historical drama. With a fierce look in his eyes, Jang Hyuk holds the viewers' attention again with his trademark action. Moreover, as "My Country" has a heavy sense of traditional historical drama, Jang's performance has been receiving a series of positive reviews from viewers, holding the drama's weight.

Is it the effect of Jang Hyuk? "My Country" started with a 3.5 percent viewership rating for the first episode, and has been steadily rising, recording a 5 percent viewership rating for the recent episode according to AGB Nielsen Korea

"Deep-rooted tree" had a top viewer rating of 25.4 percent, while "Gaekju 2015" had a top rating of 13 percent. As such, Jang has displayed his true value in historical dramas and recorded good performances. Thus, the meeting between Jang and historical dramas has led to the recognition of viewers as "a combination of trust and view" and "a formula of entertainment." His formula for box office success also works in "My Country."

http://www.sisaweek.com/news/curationView.html?idxno=127336

• Like 1
  • Awesome 3

54 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Haha! He didn't go totally shirtless this round too. Guess he is more conservative with age.

I'm totally immune to shirtless men. I only admire men's chest for aesthetic value nothing else. 

Didn't he say he disliked posing barechested?

It's been nine years since then.:yum:

• LOL 2

Looks like it has been confirmed that JH will be the male lead in "Speak as you See". But I don't think I understand what character is the male lead :blink:. The google translation of this article is really confusing, but seems like the actress is looking forward to work with JH. If anyone can make more sense of this article- please share! :) I really-really hope this will be character driven and has a romance story in it! Oh- and he better not cut his hair!:D

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/421/0004270285

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Choi Soo-young 'Speak As You See It' - It's an honour and good fortune to work with Jang Hyuk

Actress Choi Soo-young said she was honored to be working with Jang Hyuk.

Choi Soo-young attended the OCN Thriller House event in Seongdong-gu, Seoul at 7 p.m. on October 25 and introduced the OCN drama "Speak As You See It" (playwright Ko Young-jae and Han Gi-hyun/director Lee Joon-hyung/creator Kim Hong-sun).

Director Kim Hong-sun, who acts as the creator of "Speak As You See It," said the story is about a person named Swimming who can remember the scene as it is, and a cold-hearted profiler chasing a cold serial killer. I want to explain it as a psychological investigation thriller," he said.

Choi Soo-young plays detective Cha Soo-young in "Speak As You See It." "It's the first OCN film in 2020," Choi said. She played a detective who has the ability to remember what she saw once as if she had taken a picture. I don't realize that my abilities will be used well for investigation, but then I meet a profiler (played by Jang Hyuk) and develop my abilities," she explained about her role.

On Jin Seo-yeon, who will also be starring in "Speak As You See It," Choi Soo-young said, "When I first met her, I felt like I knew her for a long time. I spoke well and had similar personalities," she said.

As for Jang Hyuk, she shared a set when he was filming "Money Flowers." He was a senior who I wanted to work together if I had a chance. For me, this meeting is a lucky and an honor," she added.

'Speak as You See It' is a thriller drama that tracks a sneaky genius profiler and detective with photographic memory chasing after a serial killer who was once thought to be dead. Kim Hong-sun, who directed the Liar Game, Pied Piper, Voice 1 and Hand the Guest, participates as a creator. In addition, director Lee Jun-hyeong of 'God's Quiz 1', Ko Young-jae of the movie 'Cha Hyungsa', and new artist Han Ki-hyun add to the expectations.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Kim Hong-sun said, "I must bring in Jang Hyuk . In his previous film 'Voice.', he used more of his body and actions. But in the new drama, he is the genius profiler. You'll be able to see something different."

So will he be a nerdy genius this time? Zero action scene who needs the female detective to rescue him? That will be fun haha... I hope he puts on glasses, that is my wish !! 

original.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

11 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

So will he be a nerdy genius this time? Zero action scene who needs the female detective to rescue him? That will be fun haha... I hope he puts on glasses, that is my wish !! 

original.jpg

Oh yes..let him be a genius but a nerdy guy and has poor social skills.. The detective will save him?? Hahaha! Now he is the brains and needs protection. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

26 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I think his sidus image is excellent for this role.. imagine..the eccentric profiler is thinking deeply about the case....haha.

Oh god! I hope he will keep this look for this next role... that would be amazing...

13 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Oh yes..let him be a genius but a nerdy guy and has poor social skills.. The detective will save him?? Hahaha! Now he is the brains and needs protection. 

Probably won't be nerdy. The description was "cold hearted genius", so I think he will be more like Lee young from BM. Maybe JH would like to go back to him, perfecting him even more. Even though he was very nearly perfect already... 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh god! I hope he will keep this look for this next role... that would be amazing...

Probably won't be nerdy. The description was "cold hearted genius", so I think he will be more like Lee young from BM. Maybe JH would like to go back to him, perfecting him even more. Even though he was very nearly perfect already... 

I agree with everyone. Please director let him keep his hair now and not make him do those weird hairstyles of the past!!! 

And does Jin Seo Yeon play the killer? I actually hope the killer is someone we don’t know yet. I find it slightly boring if we know who was the actor who was playing the killer at the onset. Like Kim Jae Wook on Voice 1. And I do hope it’s not just one cold blooded case after another but has a lot of heart in it. JH is so good in roles that require him to pour his heart out. Though I’m highly doubtful since it’s OCN. 

Does anyone know much about soo young and Jin Seo Yeon? And they good actresses? I’ve never watched any of their works and don’t see their names much in dramas. I’m glad Soo Young is able to work with JH since she sounds like she really looks up to him! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I likes these shots.. he had got the perfect side profile. And I really like his 2 cute bunny front tooth showing a little. Haha! 

Am I the only one admiring his (body) moles? @azureblue7yes, he is so sexy in all these shots. Whenever I see pics of him like this, I think of his lucky wife who got all of him :yum:Lol...

2 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Haha! He didn't go totally shirtless this round too. Guess he is more conservative with age.

I think so too. One becomes more shy and conservative with age. And I think like this is more sensual than shirtless. Is like I show you abit and I don't show you the rest. Hahaha! 

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Combination of Jang Hyuk and historical dramas, the unchangeable law of ratings success

This is good. This is really good news. So so happy for him. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

Weird article. His modern drama did better than his historical drama. 

Better or not I don't know because I don't pay attention to ratings. I only know MF is truly good. :smiley:

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Choi Soo-young 'Speak As You See It' - It's an honour and good fortune to work with Jang Hyuk

Wow, she got her dream come true! She wanted to work with JH. But every actress will want to work with this man. The actress all have praises for him. No ladies have ever spoken bad about him. LDH was upset when she found out he is getting married at that time. She must have fallen for him. I think many actress fell for him (am sure). Anyway, the actress looks quite nice. I mean her looks. 

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh- and he better not cut his hair!:D

I hope he keeps this hairstyle. The current westwood hairstyle.

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

I think his sidus image is excellent for this role.. imagine..the eccentric profiler is thinking deeply about the case....haha.

Hope the storyline is interesting. He needs to be nerdy than his team will be able to solve cases. If he has that sexy dreamy look, no one will be able to work. Hahaha! But I really hope it's not the duplicate of VOICE. Poor social skill makes me think of Lee Young Oh. Please please keep his current hairstyle. 

• Like 2

Sooyoung is famous for being part of 'legendary' idol group SNSD. She is trying to branch out into acting these days and she is not doing it just for the money because she is so rich.lols

I haven't seen her in anything but I still think she would be alright and she is popular in many countries.

I don't know Jin Seo Yeon but I've heard she is good.:D

I think a good director can extract good performance even from otherwise medicore actors.

I'm not worried about his co-stars but about his hair. :grimace:

Dear God make him look good. No IRIS2 hairstyle !!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

13 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I'm not worried about his co-stars but about his hair. :grimace:

Dear God make him look good. No IRIS2 hairstyle !!!

I am worried about his hair too, eccentric profiler? Hope they will not give him an eccentric hairstyle....

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

I agree with everyone. Please director let him keep his hair now and not make him do those weird hairstyles of the past!!! 

And does Jin Seo Yeon play the killer? I actually hope the killer is someone we don’t know yet. I find it slightly boring if we know who was the actor who was playing the killer at the onset. Like Kim Jae Wook on Voice 1. And I do hope it’s not just one cold blooded case after another but has a lot of heart in it. JH is so good in roles that require him to pour his heart out. Though I’m highly doubtful since it’s OCN. 

Does anyone know much about soo young and Jin Seo Yeon? And they good actresses? I’ve never watched any of their works and don’t see their names much in dramas. I’m glad Soo Young is able to work with JH since she sounds like she really looks up to him! 

No I do not want his current hair , pls cut it short! But no BM or WOL hair too.. and no weird styles

I dont think Jin Seo yeon plays the killer, I guess she will be playing JH's assistant who has a secret crush on him haha.. but this is OCN , so no romance

I have only seen Sooyoung in Squad 38, but I dont take note of actresses in general, so not much impression there.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1