@Biology Lesson I guess since Chuno aired at the beginning of the year and the awards happened towards the end of the year, maybe people calmed down by then

That clip of the lady seating on his lap lol! My mom keeps saying that if she meets JH, she will sit him on her lap and baby him lol (I scream Noooo mom! Embarrassing!) but she insists: Watch me! She thinks she’ll get away with the “old lady” card. Such a naughty old lady! 

• LOL 4

7 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

btw, I'm watching the world of the married and liking it so far. 

Ok, started watching and the moment our main female character wouldn't help a woman being a abused ON HER CAR, as she was too busy following her husband, I was out! So, I'm done with this show too...

So, is it this another genre in Kdramas? I'm asking cause I noticed that the sex scene in the beginning was surprisingly similar to the kissing scene from VIP with Jang Nara, that we discussed a few days ago. It was almost identical- a husband coming back or going to work while his loving wife is in bed and then relatively explicit kissing commences with the wife being relatively aggressive. The problem was that that scene had no emotional impact cause it was so early in the episode and I don't care about the characters yet (or ever :) ).  Now, if I'm not mistaken the man in VIP was not a good husband- So do these shows belong to the "unhappy, nasty married people" genre? I might be wrong, and this show may end up being uplifting, but I seriously doubt it... It seems that this show is closer to R-rated korean movies, that either have forbidden or amoral love stories or just lust stories...

But I will say this- I noticed that the lead is the woman from Midas, and I wish she had the same spirit she had in that scene from the beginning of "world of the married' in Midas. One scene that I wish was more grown up was the scene in which she was in the hotel room with JH's character, and then she asks him if he sees her as a woman. In this scene she should have gone to him and seduced him (he wouldn't have resisted her, not seeing how he worshiped her). The scene wouldn't have had to even be explicit. It would have been enough if she just went to him and kissed him. That's it. Had they slept together, that would have made what happened next so much more impactful... 

So, back to being bored...

19 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I think “The world of the married” is based on a british drama called “Dr Foster”. That’s all I know, not sure if it will be uplifting or not 

I see... Well, I didn't like it, so- what can I do? :) 

19 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

I hope you find something to kill your boredom soon! (Im lucky that I work from home so Mon to Fri I’m more overwhelmed than bored) 

Oh, I also work from home, so I'm not that bored. I guess I mean that miss JH... :) I'm just looking for something good to watch.

I actually started to watch Hannibal, but it's a bit too depraved and depressing to me, so I may watch an episode once in a while. But it did made me think of OHJ and about how they can give him a good show (I'm still fantasizing, I guess :D. I really am hoping they are going to do a season 2 and that JH is working closely with them on that). In Hannibal the profiler is more vulnerable and unstable so he gets a therapist (that happens to be Hannibal), and that gives us the character study of the profiler. So, my question is- how can they do something similar with OHJ? The problem is that OHJ is not overtly vulnerable. He is too strong and too smart. So, what kind of character can they create that will be smart enough and good enough to challenge OHJ and induce his change? And I don't mean CSY, she didn't challenge OHJ that much...  Obviously I want that new character to be a woman, and I want there to be heat between them!

• Like 3

@Biology Lesson I’m also searching for something to watch and nothing is appealing to me right now :mellow: 

While navigating Viki, I stumbled upon the movie “Ordinary Person”. Did you watch it? I actually find this movie to be very good. Jang Hyuk is in it, but he is not the reason I like the movie. I just find it a good movie in general.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, budgerie said:

Actually I got "told off" before by friends that yes, I may like JH but that does not mean everyone has to like him. To me, he's a good actor with good looks & good personality (etc) however, I've also come to realise that I cannot force this down other people's throat. Everyone has their own yardstick as to who is handsome, what is good acting. :D

Actually I tried to force him down someone's throat. Lols  It was my teenage cousin who is also into K dramas. Her mom(my auntie :lol:) alway jokes that she can't tell whether the person in her daughter's phone's wallpaper is a man or woman. My cousin is so much into flower boys. :sweatingbullets:  So I tried to get her into JH but she outright rejected him and said he is 'dad material' to her. :w00t:  Fair enough she was born in the year when JH made Windstruck. Very few people watch K dramas where I live but I think JH's type of looks could have been more popular here. I've still not abandoned my plan of getting more people into JH. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1

14 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I miss seeing his smile.. haha

You know ah, actually Inside Out got 3 of my fav actors. But somehow the movie is a disappointment to me. Simon Yam is one of my fav HK actor. Wallace Huo is one of my fav Taiwan actor (he's a taiwanese by birth). JH is my fav SK actor. But why the movie is not to my liking? Is it the script? Is it the editing? 1 of the reason could be there's no "continuity". Simon Yam speaks his script in cantonese, Wallace in mandarin & JH in korean. In a way I don't know what you saying...you don't know what I saying. How to explain this?

At normal times, Wallace is very good in Costume drama. Love him in the Journey of Flower as well as Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace. Simon Yam in younger days does a lot of good drama & movie. So I was kinda disappointed with Inside Out.

12 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

What do you guys think about it? I remember someone commented that while JH was promoting this film, the fans of the other actors got angry? What was the story?

What I had read in chinese was that, at the end of the movie, when the names of the actors were shown, apparently JH name appeared before WH. Simon's name came out first. The chinese fans were upset that their idol is after JH. They perceived it as he's the 3rd lead while JH was the 2nd lead. Something like this, if I STILL remember correctly. Don't know if the sequence were changed eventually.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Ok, started watching and the moment our main female character wouldn't help a woman being a abused ON HER CAR, as she was too busy following her husband, I was out! So, I'm done with this show too...

hahaha! You give up so fast! That woman plays an important part in fhe fl revenge plan ater on.. anyway, I guess that genre may not be suitable for everyone but so far  I like it better than Nobody knows.  I think we need Hyuk back on the screen.

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

While navigating Viki, I stumbled upon the movie “Ordinary Person”. Did you watch it? I actually find this movie to be very good. Jang Hyuk is in it, but he is not the reason I like the movie. I just find it a good movie in general.  

I watched it some time back and I like it not just because of Hyuk but the other 2 leads are really good. I find the storyline touching too.

1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

Not sure. Maybe that video of him boxing isn’t the latest one. Haha:sweatingbullets:

Yes. It is not. He still has his long locks  hehe

• Like 3

Guysssss I don’t know what to watch!!!!!!

I need a good historical! (But not too long)

Or something ADORABLE like Fated to love you! (Or at least cute like “I’m not a robot)

But please NO rude shouty male lead and/or silly female lead who acts forcibly “cute” opening her eyes wide and blinking fast! If I see that I’m dropping it! (I’m a bit scarred by the Chicago Typewriter female lead)

I also need the drama to be already finished

I already have “Prison Playbook”, “My Ahjussi” and “Sky Castle” on my list but I’m not in the mood for those kinds of stories right now 

• Like 2

On 4/10/2020 at 10:33 AM, budgerie said:

How's it? Did you like the lead actor? There's another drama, The Disguiser starring the same lead actor & the actor who acted as Prince Jing.

I liked it. I've seen only a couple of Chinese dramas and it was much more better than all of them. I think all of actors were perfect in their roles. Direction and cinematography is good. Story is consistent and fast paced with very few unbelievable instances although I think final episodes were little bit boring. 

Hmmm....are you cleverly pushing a Chinese actor down my throat now ?  :w00t:

• LOL 2

1 minute ago, fiesty8001 said:

I liked it. I've seen only a couple of Chinese dramas and it was much more better than all of them. I think all of actors were perfect in their roles. Direction and cinematography is good. Story is consistent and fast paced with very few unbelievable instances although I think final episodes were little bit boring. 

Hmmm....are you cleverly pushing a Chinese actor down my throat now ?  :w00t:

Hahaha ....no, I've learnt not to push any actor down people's throat. But I do actually watch more chinese drama more than k drama. I can still find good ahjusshi actors in C entertainment. Some of the drama ML are men in their 40s. However in K drama, these days the drama ML are all the young actors which are not to my liking.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I’m also searching for something to watch and nothing is appealing to me right now :mellow: 

You and me both... I'm considering watching anime. I know there are some really good anime shows. not sure which

4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

I have seen the movie and I liked it, but not that much. There is something about Korean movies that depresses me. I mean some really horrible things happen in this movie, and the end is very depressing. It's like I finish the movie and don't understand what was the point of it. Yeah, I know that there are corrupt people, so- what new angle did this movie give me? none, really... I liked JH's performance. It shows that his range is very wide, but other than that the movie was forgettable to me. I actually like Penthouse Elephant and Rabbit and Lizard much better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

hahaha! You give up so fast! That woman plays an important part in fhe fl revenge plan ater on.. anyway, I guess that genre may not be suitable for everyone but so far  I like it better than Nobody knows.  I think we need Hyuk back on the screen.

I usually don't give up this fast, but, if this is the genre that I think it is, it's not my thing. I really don't like these types of shows filled with bitter and unlikable people, what some shows will tell us "real" people are like. From what I heard of VIP it also is from this genre. Not interested...

I don't understand- Why can't I have a good romantic show with the realistic sexual behavior like this show has?!  :tears:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

Hahaha ....no, I've learnt not to push any actor down people's throat. But I do actually watch more chinese drama more than k drama. I can still find good ahjusshi actors in C entertainment. Some of the drama ML are men in their 40s. However in K drama, these days the drama ML are all the young actors which are not to my liking.

But you tried to lure me. Didn't you? (-:D-)

One of the reason why I avoid C dramas is because of their length. The good thing about C dramas is they move pretty fast(I'm saying it only on basis of few I've watched so my impression can be wrong) while most of K dramas(despite being shorter) drag. 

It's good thing that you are into C dramas now I can rely on you to get good suggestions. I'm only familiar with Chinese movies not dramas.

I've read synopsis of The Disguiser and it looks good. Only downside is it's too long...... 

Seems like all of NIF folks travelled through time machine to make a new drama in another era. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I usually don't give up this fast, but, if this is the genre that I think it is, it's not my thing. 

I don't like dramas which have toxic marriages and extra-marital affairs. Kim Hee Ae has made her career playing such roles. Seems like such dramas generate good rating in S Korea.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I don't like dramas which have toxic marriages and extra-marital affairs. Kim Hee Ae has made her career playing such roles. Seems like such dramas generate good rating in S Korea.

That is so strange... why would people like such a subject?! Maybe it makes them feel better about their own life? I don't know... Really not my thing... Maybe the subject matter being about toxic marriage is the reason we won't be seeing JH in such a show any time soon? I mean the only project with such a subject matter he did was Innocent thing, right? And even that he wasn't pleased with, as I understand...

So what C drama would you recommend?