2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Which of the 2 actors is his personal friend?

one on the left is his friend but I think they're in the same agency as well.

He also played as a bad gangster in WOL. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

But at the end of the day, I’d rather him being happily married with wonderful kids and have a solid acting career (which he definitely has), than just being a top earning popularity actor. 

I totally agree. I like Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won after watching SeGa (not knowing then that the role was meant for JH). And till today, I still wish HB and HJW can be an off screen couple (I know, I caught on the SeGa craze). Anyway, my point is, no matter how popular both of them are, I believe it is such a waste that both these individuals are single and chose only the road of fame that till today, they have not settled down to start families of their own. Perhaps HB's age still gives him a little while more to settle down, but HJW in her early 40s has her biological clock ticking fast. Is career and fame so worth it to sacrifice lifetime of companionship with a spouse and to have a family?

I like and admire JH because he chose to get married, he chose to start a family early. I admire him for putting himself in his then girlfriend's shoes and understood that she is in her 30s and ready to have babies. He has a well rounded achievement of being a popular actor and having a family to go home to. I feel sorry for his good friend KJK who is the only one in their group still remained as a single. I bet KJK wishes he could settle down too.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, AquariusMY said:

Anyway, my point is, no matter how popular both of them are, I believe it is such a waste that both these individuals are single and chose only the road of fame that till today, they have not settled down to start families of their own. Perhaps HB's age still gives him a little while more to settle down, but HJW in her early 40s has her biological clock ticking fast. Is career and fame so worth it to sacrifice lifetime of companionship with a spouse and to have a family?

Actually, I wouldn't say that they "chose" that path. To be honest, I think JH was fortunate to have that chance to literally fall in love at first sight. Thereafter, he truly put in effort and succeeded in marrying the woman he genuinely loved and who genuinely loved him back. Whether it's HB or HJW or whoever else in their older age, unless they have said that they don't intend to marry or intentionally want to focus on their career only... I think the area of love and marriage is truly an element that is out of their control, even if they desperately wish to get married.  And I also think that even if they deeply want marriage and family, I don't know if they would really make such knowledge so public. Maybe they would just reply with a simple yes or they are open to it, but more often it is also to upkeep an image that they are ok with singlehood and shift the focus to their career instead. Otherwise, they may be deemed as desperate by the public. With their looks, it's easy to think that they won't have trouble finding a life partner but there is so much more than that... sometimes maybe the timing is not right, or they truly couldn't find people they loved or whom would accept them for who they are and their statuses... and being so busy, I can't imagine how they can easily find love, unless they meet on set and spend enough time together! Otherwise, there are too many factors in play haha. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AquariusMY said:

I totally agree. I like Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won after watching SeGa (not knowing then that the role was meant for JH). And till today, I still wish HB and HJW can be an off screen couple (I know, I caught on the SeGa craze). Anyway, my point is, no matter how popular both of them are, I believe it is such a waste that both these individuals are single and chose only the road of fame that till today, they have not settled down to start families of their own. Perhaps HB's age still gives him a little while more to settle down, but HJW in her early 40s has her biological clock ticking fast. Is career and fame so worth it to sacrifice lifetime of companionship with a spouse and to have a family?

I like and admire JH because he chose to get married, he chose to start a family early. I admire him for putting himself in his then girlfriend's shoes and understood that she is in her 30s and ready to have babies. He has a well rounded achievement of being a popular actor and having a family to go home to. I feel sorry for his good friend KJK who is the only one in their group still remained as a single. I bet KJK wishes he could settle down too.

I don't know how HJW or any other single actress or actor feels about it, but not everyone wants marriage and a family; In South Korea, more and more people are choosing to stay single or not to have kids for a variety of reasons. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, AquariusMY said:

I believe it is such a waste that both these individuals are single and chose only the road of fame that till today, they have not settled down to start families of their own.

but HJW in her early 40s has her biological clock ticking fast. Is career and fame so worth it to sacrifice lifetime of companionship with a spouse and to have a family?

Everyone doesn't have good fortune of meeting a potential life-partner of his or her liking. It's better to remain single and enjoy successful career instead of entering into a horrible marriage due to societal pressure besides the environment in which these entertainers breath is not very suitable for developing healthy relationships. I don't think it's right to judge people's life choices particularly when we don't know anything about them personally. Most of people dream of having spouse and children but all of them don't have skills for living a peaceful and fulfilling family life.

In the end everything boils down to personal choice. So to each his/her own.

I don't know anything about Hyun Bin at all but being a man he has more than enough time in his hand. But for HJW  at this moment all I desire is long lasting personal happiness. She had so many troubles in personal life. She suffered from depression in her early 30s and last year her brother did suicide due to depression. I guess depression runs in her family. She also lost her father a couple of years ago. Though she is one of the biggest Hallayu star of all time but it's been a long time since she had a successful work. I think it's good that she has started working again because it would distract her from negative thoughts.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

@fiesty8001 Wow! Poor HJW no idea she went through all that :( goes to show, beauty fame, money, it really doesn’t bring happiness. I hope she overcomes her depression. It’s one of the worse things to deal with. Everything can be overcome, but depression depletes your will and energy. Praying for her and all the people who suffer it. 

On a lighter note. Im still freaking single and not by choice. Nowadays its so complicated to even meet people! Also I’m an introvert so I guess that doesn’t help. Also, Jang Hyuk has ruined me, where am I going to find a cutie like him? :wub: 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

But for HJW  at this moment all I desire is long lasting personal happiness. She had so many troubles in personal life. She suffered from depression in her early 30s and last year her brother did suicide due to depression. I guess depression runs in her family. She also lost her father a couple of years ago.

I didn't know all these! I'm not a super big fan but I do find her very likable and I really liked her in SeGa, and know that she's a great actress. Hopefully she's feeling alot better now. I've seen her IG before and it was always so peaceful and calm and cheerful (this year) so it really painted an inaccurate picture of what she had to go through. That's why soc med is always so deceiving. 

On a different note, I wonder when we will get the script reading for Tell Me What You Saw! I read another version of Hyukie's interview and this time the interview called out that he would be keeping his "shoulder length" hair for his interview. Wow, I am super curious how they would style such long hair. I hope the stylists don't become lazy and just comb in straight LOL.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

I still wish HB and HJW can be an off screen couple (I know, I caught on the SeGa craze).

Hahaha! So you're one of those who ship onscreen couples to become off screen couples. :lol: But yes, I do like HJW too.

Anyway, my point is, no matter how popular both of them are, I believe it is such a waste that both these individuals are single and chose only the road of fame that till today, they have not settled down to start families of their own. Perhaps HB's age still gives him a little while more to settle down, but HJW in her early 40s has her biological clock ticking fast. Is career and fame so worth it to sacrifice lifetime of companionship with a spouse and to have a family?

I would like to differ on this. It's not for us to conclude that those celebrity who remain single have chosen only the road of fame/career.

If it's hard for us common folks to find the "right one" in our life, what more for a celebrity. They're not like the common people (us) who can just say let's go for a movie or lets go to the beach. Their filming hours are so long, day + night. Wherever they walk to, there will be people taking photographs.

Once, a very popular C actor (acted in The Journey of Flower), he wasn't married yet at that time. In an interview he said, people always think that celebrities meet people easily. True, they meet many people on set. But to find the right one is not easy. Because they're always on the "go". You won't know who is the "right" one until you find time to date, to do things together or to have a chat. But for an actor/actress, their schedule are full. If he is free, she is not free. If she is free, he is not free. Plus once you attain a certain popularity and fame, everywhere you go, people recognise you. Take photos of you. So how to date without being caught? Before you can even date properly, the tabloid would have blown it out of proportion. 

Should I say, JH is one of the blessed one to have found his ideal girl when he was 26. Even common people like us may not even have bumped into our so called ideal person in our 20s. Once he found her, he acted upon it. But if for someone who hasn't found that ideal person, how to get married? And again, JH ideal girl is the one he wanted to marry. He's very fortunate, very lucky, most of all very blessed. For many people, probably have to go through many ideal ones to find the real ideal one. 

Getting married is one thing. Maintaining the marriage is another. The wedding is but just 1 day but the marriage is a lifetime. As much as I love JH as a fan, I honestly hope he continues to be what he is now, balance between work and family. The reason why I'm a great shipper of him + his wife because it's not easy, truly not easy to be with the children when her husb is always not around.

As much as she already knew his profession before marrying him, what his profession required him to do, but ultimately, she's no saint. She's also like us, a common person. There's bound to be a time when she gets upset, she gets tired, she gets frustrated, she feels lonely but her husband isn't by her side.

As for KJK not getting married yet, perhaps time isn't up yet. Perhaps he isn't ready yet despite his age. It's not wrong not getting married. Even a good marriage can turn bad if it's not worked at. So long as at each stage of our life, we live it well, we live it happily, is most important, irregardless of singlehood or married.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

On a lighter note. Im still freaking single and not by choice. Nowadays its so complicated to even meet people! Also I’m an introvert so I guess that doesn’t help. Also, Jang Hyuk has ruined me, where am I going to find a cutie like him? :wub: 

Yes, blame it on JH. Hahaha!

Because of him, I asked my husb if he still felt butterflies with me and I got a look that indicated I came from another planet. Blame it on JH! :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

8 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Hah me too single not by a choice. lol. Love and marriage is a mysterious thing. I just believe I'll be there one day.

About Sidus, if JH wanna leave the agency maybe only after he open his own management company. haha

• Like 5

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

Yes, blame it on JH. Hahaha!

Because of him, I asked my husb if he still felt butterflies with me and I got a look that indicated I came from another planet. Blame it on JH! :lol:

LOL why do u even bother to ask him such a question? Haha... 

51 minutes ago, yoeda said:

About Sidus, if JH wanna leave the agency maybe only after he open his own management company. haha

Some ppl say that he is a shareholder of Sidus HQ ?

• LOL 2

19 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I tried checking out just for fun - original price is 17USD or so. With shipping is 33USD. So it's about the price of the calendar too haha. Are you buying?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

In same boat.  I seen many unhappy couples.  I'm just going with flow not rushing it, but not close off to it either.  In meantime JH help pass the time.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

I tried checking out just for fun - original price is 17USD or so. With shipping is 33USD. So it's about the price of the calendar too haha. Are you buying?

So shipping costs almost the same as the calendar haha..

I wonder if the shipping is the same for multiple purchases? I haven’t decided to buy or not yet. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yoeda said:

That's not impossible too. Many artistes will flock to his company. :lol:Which means he'll be more busy managing these artistes :sweatingbullets:less time for home.

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

LOL why do u even bother to ask him such a question? Haha... 

Some ppl say that he is a shareholder of Sidus HQ ?

Hmm...that's a good question. Why do I even bother to ask? But at least I know now that he doesn't have butterflies with me. I rest my case. :bawling:hahaha!

That's not impossible too. He's a rich guy now. Can invest in Sidus. Didn't I read that he's well versed in investment? Some chinese article wrote that.

4 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Nope for me. It isn't very convenient for a married woman to be drooooooling over a man so openly at home so I'll just drool secretly.

• LOL 4