1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Haha @PrettysupI feel the same but I dare not say it because I know so many of his fans love FTLY. I never have issues with JH acting, but I did find the plot too wishy washy at certain parts and it isn't my fav genre. 

It's funny cause this is the exactly way I feel about Chuno, but I was afraid to say :) I Actually fast-forwarded through the segments that didn't have Jang Hyuk in them, especially those involving LDH and OJO, as I couldn't stand their acting... Again, don't kill me, guys :)

As to FTLY, I'm am in the group that loves this show. I don't think I've ever rewatched a show more than that show. For me it was the perfect pacing, perfect acting and casting, the delightful whimsy of the show... Incredible! It's a show that proves that with great acting, directing and character building you can make the most cliche of premises interesting.

As to the hair- I thought it was ingenious how they made LG's haircut another character in the show, just like his laughter. I loved how they changed the hair with the changes in LG character- LG in love with Se ra- long hair with a curl, LG in love with Mi Young-  long straight hair, LG 3 yrs later pretending not to love MY- short hair off the forehead, LG together with MY- short hair combed down the forehead. This little detail was used very nicely after his amnesia, when the curl suddenly came back to his hair. So subtle...

I loved those ingenious little touches the show was filled with... But that's just my opinion :)

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Yeah he is a well known workaholic who continuously delivers new projects on a regular basis. 

I read several interviews in which he said that he just works like any other normal person. He said, that most regular people working in an office take a vacation once a year, so why are people expecting him to take a vacation every several months? That kinda makes sense.

I think he also said that the reality of an actor is very insecure, as you can never know when your next job will come, so he made it a habit to secure the next job before finishing his current one. Don't we all do that when we want to change a job?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I think he is too young to be doing mentoring roles.. he is leading role quality...:huh: Hopefully it is not true. will be sooooo sad...

I am also concerned that maybe in his mind he thinks his leading role days are over, so he's actively choosing supporting roles. I hope he will get good enough offers that he will realize that he is still leading man material. I don't really know Korean TV- are KBS and MBC the main mainstream networks in Korea? Cause they seem to be obsessed with young actors. So, maybe JH needs to look for roles on other networks (if they exist) or cable channels like OCN, maybe do shows that are not so heavily censored?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

He definitely dotes on his princess a lot. Haha. Would love to see how he interacts with her ..must be so cute and sweet..

The fact that he sat inside the ball pool with his girl and following her around tells alot. Not to mention he's a celebrity. Not many (even non celebrity) father will do that. 

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

It's funny cause this is the exactly way I feel about Chuno, but I was afraid to say :) 

I read several interviews in which he said that he just works like any other normal person. He said, that most regular people working in an office take a vacation once a year, so why are people expecting him to take a vacation every several months? That kinda makes sense.

I think he also said that the reality of an actor is very insecure, as you can never know when your next job will come, so he made it a habit to secure the next job before finishing his current one. Don't we all do that when we want to change a job?

We're all different people with different dislikes and likes. For me, I go for MF, BM, TY, BPP. But not everyone likes such kind of genre. 

He said that in interviews - that an actor's job is like a freelance job. Needed to be picked up to get the next project. Surely he needed to work hard as he has many mouths to feed (his own family of 5, his parents and I assume his in-laws too). Ya he is rich now (owns a building) but he needed to work very hard to get there. He also mentioned that an actor's lifespan is quite limited in a sense that certain roles are only for certain age so while he still can, he wants to try out as many roles as possible while his age still permits. He takes break after every project to spend time with his family before starting a new project. 

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I am also concerned that maybe in his mind he thinks his leading role days are over, so he's actively choosing supporting roles. 

Correct me if I may be wrong, but I guess in Korea, if you are above 40, you are ahjusshi material. So naturally these broadcast stations - in order to attract younger generation viewers, prefer young actors to ahjusshi actors. But for me, I have no interest in these young actors (hahaha). I prefer my ahjusshi JH. :D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, budgerie said:

We're all different people with different dislikes and likes. For me, I go for MF, BM, TY, BPP. But not everyone likes such kind of genre. 

For me it's not about genres, it's about quality of writing and character development. This is why I disliked Voice but I loved Black, both in the same genre.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

For me it's not about genres, it's about quality of writing and character development. This is why I disliked Voice but I loved Black, both in the same genre.

For me, genre, writing everything lump together! :lol: I prefer Voice to Iris 2. It's difficult to pin point why I like Voice more compared to Iris 2. 

I still feel frustrated about BPP ending. Could'nt the writer just let the family be reunited and let them go on their family vacation together. What ending!  :angry: I cried so much! :tears:

• Like 3

Wow good to see many new ‘faces’! 

Folks, I’ve been really busy with assignments and I Guess it’s good timing , at least not when JH new drama is showing.

still waiting for new sea, swordsman and more details for the OCN drama :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Seeing the amount of time he spends in the boxing gym, I think we should be prepared that his scenes in My Country won't be too much.

:tears:I think you're right. No doubt LBW is a "big" character but maybe the main story will feature the young actors/actress. :(

On a brighter side, it mean he's spending more time at home. His wife/children will be happy. :lol:

Btw, has anyone seen the thai version of FTLY? I wonder if there is any english subtitle. I've only seen some clips here and there of the thai version. From what I saw, they didn't make the (thai) Li Gun as crazy as the (korean) Li Gun :D. I've seen the taiwanese version of FTLY but that was long ago. 

• Like 2

Seeing the amount of time he spends in the boxing gym, I think we should be prepared that his scenes in My Country won't be too much.

That was what I thought too...sigh... i am looking forward to the OCN drama..haha.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

Btw, has anyone seen the thai version of FTLY? I wonder if there is any english subtitle. I've only seen some clips here and there of the thai version. From what I saw, they didn't make the (thai) Li Gun as crazy as the (korean) Li Gun :D. I've seen the taiwanese version of FTLY but that was long ago. 

Once I watched his version, i find it hard to watch other versions.. haha. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 8/29/2019 at 4:05 PM, budgerie said:

I don't think I have seen any bts or making of BM. I searched for it but found none. Anyone knows where can see some bts? :rolleyes:

Can't recall anything off hand. You can try the BM soompi page, but there are 200+ pages of it

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/385400-drama-2016-beautiful-mind-뷰티풀-마인드/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't recall anything off hand. You can try the BM soompi page, but there are 200+ pages of it

https://forums.soompi.com/topic/385400-drama-2016-beautiful-mind-뷰티풀-마인드/

Yup. I'm slowly going to search for it. Really thanks to you @Prettysup. You must have put in alot of time/effort to do all these threads. :D As I was searching for bts, I came across comments about the drama. Someone commented that the rating of the drama is bad due to bad pairing. Do you think so? Don't slaughter me (fans of PSD) but for me, I did find the pairing weird, as I tend to feel Lee Young Oh romancing a teenager (hahaha). But I don't think the rating is bad is because of this reason. Perhaps is the genre. Maybe koreans still prefer romance drama...maybe. 

@Prettysupthanks for posting the 2 photos. He looks like he lost some pounds, especially the bicycle one. His face and body look slimmer. But as usual, super handsome! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

Yup. I'm slowly going to search for it. Really thanks to you @Prettysup. You must have put in alot of time/effort to do all these threads. :D As I was searching for bts, I came across comments about the drama. Someone commented that the rating of the drama is bad due to bad pairing. Do you think so? Don't slaughter me (fans of PSD) but for me, I did find the pairing weird, as I tend to feel Lee Young Oh romancing a teenager (hahaha). But I don't think the rating is bad is because of this reason. Perhaps is the genre. Maybe koreans still prefer romance drama...maybe. 

@Prettysupthanks for posting the 2 photos. He looks like he lost some pounds, especially the bicycle one. His face and body look slimmer. But as usual, super handsome! 

This is all I've got on the name of BTS/interviews.

I don't think there is more than is. If you are planning to go through each page of  Beautiful Mind thread and you find something more then please also let me know.:D

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, budgerie said:

Haha there are many reasons for good or bad ratings, and whatever it is, it's all water under the bridge. 

And yeah he does look good in those pics, though I didn't like him with long hair initially, I am starting to accept this look.

Another new pic

69549945_1404547856387539_38118398036960

• Like 1
  • Love 1