I think Jang Nara has gotten to show and polish her skills more in later works

I honestly think all actors/actress have acting abilities only if they're paired up with the right guy or the right girl. JNR was good in FTLY but when I saw her in VIP, I didn't like it. Definitely not her but maybe the script, the directing, the chemistry, etc, or maybe I compared her with the acting in FTLY. However, it's a different type of genre.

On 4/8/2021 at 2:22 PM, yoeda said:

You mean the format or what? I never watch a K-version but with Malaysia franchise you need to guess from the contestant who was truly a singer. It was a fun show actually with the judges who tried to search who was imposter among the contestants to eliminate them. Sometimes, their bad singing totally hilarious to see even I doubt some of them really bad at singing or just fake it for the sake of the show.

Taiwan had a show similar to this. The "fake" singer & the original singer will sing 1 by 1, in a room, the audience cannot see who is in which room, just judge based on their singing. And I tell you, the "fake" singers aren't that fake yo. Sounds like the original singer.

On 4/8/2021 at 5:05 PM, azureblue7 said:

Chef Hyuk's principles of cooking

Remember in 2D 1N long ago, he mentioned that his wife doesn't eat the food he cooks? I'm just thinking what would wifey say to him using the scissors to cut those dangling out. Hahaha!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Oh gosh, thank you so much!

Ive never thought of trying Viu because I didn’t subscribe :) 

Thanks so much!

@azureblue7

i rewatched it with eng subs and I’m able to better enjoy the show without having to pause and read the sub like I did for Chinese. And this means I could focus more on JH and boy how handsome he was in this show. His different facial expressions and emotions.

Seriously, how to exist in the same room as him. I may passed out! 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, kohnlee said:

Thanks so much!

@azureblue7

i rewatched it with eng subs and I’m able to better enjoy the show without having to pause and read the sub like I did for Chinese. And this means I could focus more on JH and boy how handsome he was in this show. His different facial expressions and emotions.

You're welcome. I love the show too. And he is so honest with his reactions. And like you mentioned, very good looking too:wub:

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

So this was when the selfie was taken

Oh yes! So, not for a new drama..  sob sob..

Here the video where actor Lee Soo-hyuk mentioned about Hyuk. More details in clip. I can totally imagined Hyuk doing that. He did the same during Swordsman too. And Voice where he got hit for real and still continued shooting. The action director mentioned it was kinda like a bone-breaking kind of pain but he went on.

Thanks @Biology Lessonfor the link!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Credit: sarang_song

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNj0i2lJHfV/

I think it rained so they moved the shooting indoors

I see the basketball player in the pic. So I guess these are old pics? I think they had to re-shoot the earlier scenes because he was removed from the show and replaced by the swimmer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I see the basketball player in the pic. So I guess these are old pics. I think they did re-shoot the earlier scenes because he was removed from the show and replaced by the swimmer.

Do u also have the eng subs for the cooking show ? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

I see the basketball player in the pic. So I guess these are old pics? I think they had to re-shoot the earlier scenes because he was removed from the show and replaced by the swimmer.

Ah you are right, but then again, they still kept his profile pic in the official site. I wonder if they are intending to bring him back later?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Thanks so much!

@azureblue7

And when he's focused, it's like a scene from a movie or drama..

20 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Another moment of sweet JH... translated by jshgrace on IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNkUSwsp0Tm/

Before that scene, Sang Yeob was stressed and flustered and kept forgetting stuff. So CTH remarked that it seemed like Sang Yeob is the kind who still needs help from people. That's when JH mentioned those kind words to calm Sang Yeob down and to make him feel less nervous. Such a sweet big brother. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

So, watched the cooking show raw, and I have three questions-

1- what on earth is the theme of the show? It looks like they randomly bought ingredients and cooked them. Wasn't there supposed to be a travel aspect? of them cooking local ingredients?! aren't they going to be taught by people?

2- Is it me or do the sport's guys look like they can already cook?

3- What was CTH trying to make?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Sadly no... I hope it is not like sumi Lodge where there's no subs at all. I'm still waiting. 

I only found raw version on OnDemandKorea and the English title there is "Cooking All Over the Place".

Maybe it's because it's a MBN show? Have you guys watched any other shows from MBN?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, janghaesoo said:

I only found raw version on OnDemandKorea and the English title there is "Cooking All Over the Place".

Maybe it's because it's a MBN show? Have you guys watched any other shows from MBN?

Cooking all over the place ???

hahaha

that could actually be the actual theme ;) 

• LOL 2

14 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

1- what on earth is the theme of the show? It looks like they randomly bought ingredients and cooked them. Wasn't there supposed to be a travel aspect? of them cooking local ingredients?! aren't they going to be taught by people?

The theme was to cook a meal suitable for a  proposal. They had to make use of the amount of money they received from the Cham cham cham game.

They were not given cooking lessons sadly. The actors group relied on Sang Yeob. They made him their main chef and they will help him. Haha!

CTH was trying to make some kind of candied chestnut. But the caramel hardened and they became rock like..:lol:

4 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Cooking all over the place ???

hahaha

that could actually be the actual theme ;) 

:joy:They are are over the place indeed..hahaha! 

• LOL 1
  • Thanks 3

• Prettysup changed the title to Jang Hyuk 장혁 - current variety 'National Bang Bang Cook Cook', upcoming movie 'Tomb of the River’
37 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

The theme was to cook a meal suitable for a  proposal. They had to make use of the amount of money they received from the Cham cham cham game.

They were not given cooking lessons sadly. The actors group relied on Sang Yeob. They made him their main chef and they will help him. Haha!

Hmmm... This is disappointing to me. I don't understand what's the point of the show, in that case. I mean, it was cute, but seeing the way the footballer decided on what to make and the way he shopped, it's clear he is way more experienced than all of them, so what is the point?! 

Also the cooking took a little more than half the show- Am I the only one who thought that the bit with Sumi was a bit too long? Why would I care about her talking to her daughter in law?!

I wanted to see a show in which these guys learn to cook, with maybe a final end goal, but now it looks like another one of those variety shows in which random celebrities will talk about their skin regimen or something... and I really don't care about celebrities...<_<

I hope the concept of the show will evolve in the next weeks...

CTH was trying to make some kind of candied chestnut. But it was the caramel hardened and they became rock like..:lol:

Oh, I was wondering what was he burning there....:)

:joy:They are are over the place indeed..hahaha! 

The sports guys were really organized, and JH was also prepared, if slow. 

• Like 3

Saw this post from mnet_cuvoice and I'm a bit confused; in the caption the translation says they are revealing the behind the scenes of JH's episode- does that mean they are going to show it in the next episode, cause the pics they posted don't look like the BTS...

The google translation of the caption-

"

#You Mokbo 8] EP.11 Behind the Scenes l National Acting Actress #Jang Hyuk edited

Exceeding the cool limit <You Mokbo 8> Episode 11 with acting genius Jang Hyuk!
We are revealing the behind-the-scenes of the EP.11 recording site that boasts 100% mall input!

88 fun and 8 hits a twist! ∞ Infinite Fun Guarantee ∞
National Great War Music Mystery Show <I Can See Your Voice 8>
★Mnet/tvN simultaneous broadcasting at 7:30 every Friday evening★

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNmGXLtA6L3/

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Is it travel and cook? Like the one I saw recently where some others travelled to Africa to cook food etc etc 

• Like 2