4 hours ago, janghaesoo said:

Does anybody know where I can watch the Saturday Night Live episode with JH? And if there's eng subs?

That video is pure hotness and perfection. Bang Won is one of the sexiest JH's role but in my opinion nothing can beat Kang Pil Joo. I go totally and completely crazy when he appears on the screen. Good Lord! :smirk:

I don't have the live link yet. But it should be out on the day itself. The eng subs for Law of the jungle is usually released pretty soon like the next day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

but in my opinion nothing can beat Kang Pil Joo. I go totally and completely crazy when he appears on the screen. Good Lord! :smirk:

Yes!!! Pil Joo tops my list too!! Everyone (or almost everyone) here knows my obsession with his rolled up sleeve & elbow. Hahaha!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

18 hours ago, janghaesoo said:

Does anybody know where I can watch the Saturday Night Live episode with JH? And if there's eng subs?

Something tells me that we're not gonna get subs for Sumi's lodge... :(

18 hours ago, janghaesoo said:

That video is pure hotness and perfection. Bang Won is one of the sexiest JH's role but in my opinion nothing can beat Kang Pil Joo. I go totally and completely crazy when he appears on the screen. Good Lord! :smirk:

36 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Yes!!! Pil Joo tops my list too!! Everyone (or almost everyone) here knows my obsession with his rolled up sleeve & elbow. Hahaha!

I agree that Pill Joo was sexy. As I've said before, I think the scene in which Pill Joo reveals who he is to MalRan is the sexiest scene I've ever seen JH do, including his sex scenes! But in all the others scenes with her or with the girl he wasn't sexual at all. More gentle and comforting. If anything, I would say he was the most sexual with Boo-Cheon :D

I'm talking about a character that is overtly sexual, that has seduction as part of his demeanor, and that I think Bang Won in EOL. In Kdramas we rarely characters like that, as sexual attraction is such a taboo in them... I think of JH's Kdrama characters, I would say that LG was the most sexual, as he had serious (and yet funny) problems controlling himself when he was around MY :sweat_smile:

• Insightful 1

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Something tells me that we're not gonna get subs for Sumi's lodge... :(

I agree, I don't think they're going to release any subs  :(

but I was referring to that SNL episode, I think it was from 2013, not sure.

I think for me the thing about Pil Joo is that he is so dangerous while talking so soft and almost impassive... super hot! <3

• Like 3

Kim Soo-mi, 27-year-old Jang Hyuk and Melo acting... "The thrill has come" (Sumi Lodge)

[Export News Reporter Kim Mi-ji] Actor Kim Soo-mi performed a melodrama with actor Jang Hyuk, a 27-year-old younger junior.

In SKY and KBS 2TV'Sumi Lodge', which aired on the 4th, Jang Hyeok and Choi Ki-seop visited the Sumy Lodge.

On this day, before Jang Hyeok came, Kim Soo-mi was excited by revealing'fanity'.

When Jang Hyeok appeared, Kim Soo-mi, who couldn't even make eye contact, said to Park Myung-soo, "I can't look into the eyes of people I like too much."

Following this, Kim Soo-mi went to the filming site of the last episode of'Money Flower' and mentioned the unfortunate story he wanted to take, but he couldn't take a picture, and picking Jang Hyeok as his junior acting with genuineness.

Kim Soo-mi said, "I want to work with Jang Hyuk someday, whether it's a movie or a drama," and suggested a romance acting on the spot.

The story suggested by Kim Soo-mi is a romance blockbuster, with only two people left due to an airplane crash, and eventually falling in love a year later.

Kim Sumi realized that Jang Hyuk was 27 years younger and laughed at'Hyunta', but in the end the dream came true.

When the acting started, Kim Soo-mi couldn't stand laughter and laughed, but Jang Hyeok quickly grabbed her emotions and immersed herself.

After acting, Kim Soo-mi praised the juniors' acting with a feeling of happiness, saying, "I was thrilled when Jang Hyuk held emotion and acted."

0001271263_002_20210304230610396.jpg?type=w430

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/311/0001271263?lfrom=twitter

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I agree that Pill Joo was sexy. As I've said before, I think the scene in which Pill Joo reveals who he is to MalRan is the sexiest scene I've ever seen JH do, including his sex scenes! But in all the others scenes with her or with the girl he wasn't sexual at all. More gentle and comforting. If anything, I would say he was the most sexual with Boo-Cheon :D

Was there sex scene in MF? You referring to that scene which the bedroom door closed (episode 8 or 7)?

Yes, the episode (20) which he revealed himself to Mal Ran was superb. But my fav scenes aren't that. I liked the one in episode 5, which PJ paid respect to his bro in the temple & he sucked on the big sweet. As he sucked on it, his eyes teared. Another of my fav was when he revealed to BC that BC isn't a real Jang (can't remember which episode). And also I like the scene which he revealed to the girl that he plotted everything (episode 17) when they were in the secret room in Yong Goo's office. Another one was (also can't remember which episode) when the girl waited for him outside the room wanting him to help her get to see her father in prison - the way PJ came out of the room was so full of air. Oh yes, also that scene which BC cousin barged into the office when BC/PJ were discussing something & PJ told BC to leave the office. I thought PJ was gonna punch the cousin. Lol. I also liked all the blood test scenes. Hahaha!

I think I liked the overall PJ interaction with BC, with MR, with Grandpa but not so much with the girl.

Ok, all these MF talk is getting me interested again. How about you @Biology Lesson? What were your fav scenes apart from him telling MR his real indentity? :lol:

@yoeda Yes and also the series New Sea but who knows right? More importantly China never got to see JHs great dramas/roles like Money Flower, My Country right? But I wonder if it makes sense to release old stuff at this point 

New Sea is more like Old Sea now. It was 2016 drama. :confounded:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

7 hours ago, yoeda said:

Inside or Outside. I think this one still not airing, isn't it?

Inside or outside aired long ago lol..

New Sea has not aired but it is a drama, not a movie. I doubt they will be airing it any time soon even with the lift in ban. The female lead is not a popular actress in China. 

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@yoeda Yes and also the series New Sea but who knows right? More importantly China never got to see JHs great dramas/roles like Money Flower, My Country right? But I wonder if it makes sense to release old stuff at this point 

Actually they are planning to release a movie acted by a Korean actor and Chinese actress middle of March. That was filmed in 2017 I think. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Inside or outside aired long ago lol..

New Sea has not aired but it is a drama, not a movie. I doubt they will be airing it any time soon even with the lift in ban. The female lead is not a popular actress in China. 

Actually they are planning to release a movie acted by a Korean actor and Chinese actress middle of March. That was filmed in 2017 I think. 

So, it's New Sea. Can't remember the title actually. lol. Nah, maybe they can push for the drama to be aired. Pity the crew and actor that work so hard for the drama. 

• Like 3

Jang Hyuk Opens Up About His Experience With Fatherhood + How His Kids Feel About Seeing Him On TV

On March 4, actor Jang Hyuk appeared as a guest on the SKY/KBS 2TV variety show “Soo Mi’s Mountain Cabin” (literal title).

During the show, he opened up about his wife, his three children, and how he feels about his own father after his experience with fatherhood. He shared that his wife used to be a dancer and majored in ballet and that he had met her while she was working in a modern dance troupe.

Kim Soo Mi asked if he had often helped out with childcare while his kids were young. Jang Hyuk replied honestly, “I tried to when I wasn’t filming. But I was almost always filming, so I didn’t get to spend a lot of time with them until recently.” He added, “I take them to soccer and we became more affectionate while sharing conversations together. We became closer through talking together.”

Jang Hyuk shared that his kids had not really known what his job was when they were younger. “All my celebrity friends appear on TV, so they just thought everyone appeared on TV,” he said. “This uncle was on TV, and that uncle was on TV too. But as they grew up, they realized that acting is my profession.”

He was asked if any of his kids showed a talent for acting and he said, “I think my second child has the right kind of energy. If he’s sure that he wants to do it, then I’d be okay with it.”

Jang Hyuk also opened up about his own father, who had advised him to give up a career as an athlete and go toward acting instead. He said, “I didn’t become an actor because that was my lifelong dream. I quit being an athlete when I was in my final year of high school and happened to meet a friend in the theater department. I followed them into acting and eventually majored in the film and theater department in university. Then I debuted in a drama.”

He continued, “At the time of the construction boom, my father went into the construction business abroad. I would see him for maybe about a month out of every year. It sort of felt like my father was Santa Claus. During the IMF crisis, he collapsed due to a brain hemorrhage. It was the first time that I realized that he was in charge of our livelihood. As I raise my own children, I often think about my father and about his perspective on fatherhood.”

bb39a41a25e24e2ba642c7d437bb6483.jpeg?s=

https://www.soompi.com/article/1457638wpp/jang-hyuk-opens-up-about-his-experience-with-fatherhood-how-his-kids-feel-about-seeing-him-on-tv

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, budgerie said:

Was there sex scene in MF? You referring to that scene which the bedroom door closed (episode 8 or 7)?

No :) no sex scenes in MF. Hardly even a kiss scene... <_< I meant the sex scenes he did in movies. Those scenes were not as sexy and as the scene with Mal Ran, mainly because of JH's face- so sensual in that scene! 

Yes, the episode (20) which he revealed himself to Mal Ran was superb. But my fav scenes aren't that. I liked the one in episode 5, which PJ paid respect to his bro in the temple & he sucked on the big sweet. As he sucked on it, his eyes teared.

Didn't you find how huge that candy was distracting? I did... I know that JH likes doing emotional scenes while eating, inspired by that scene in his favorite Hong-Kong movie. I just now saw another one that he did in Bad papa- sitting with his daughter and shoving two pieces of sushi into his face... But in MF, because of the size of that candy, I couldn't feel that moment, he just looked too comical to me with it in his mouth... :blink:

Another of my fav was when he revealed to BC that BC isn't a real Jang (can't remember which episode). And also I like the scene which he revealed to the girl that he plotted everything (episode 17) when they were in the secret room in Yong Goo's office. Another one was (also can't remember which episode) when the girl waited for him outside the room wanting him to help her get to see her father in prison - the way PJ came out of the room was so full of air. Oh yes, also that scene which BC cousin barged into the office when BC/PJ were discussing something & PJ told BC to leave the office. I thought PJ was gonna punch the cousin. Lol. I also liked all the blood test scenes. Hahaha!

I think I liked the overall PJ interaction with BC, with MR, with Grandpa but not so much with the girl.

Ok, all these MF talk is getting me interested again. How about you @Biology Lesson? What were your fav scenes apart from him telling MR his real indentity? :lol:

Thinking about it I think my favorite scene is when Pill Joo revealed himself to the driver, meaning the man that actually killed his brother. Pill Joo was so impassive and almost expressionless in the show until that point, but in that scene, the way he looked at him while pretending to call BC on the phone to tell him who his real father was, was amazing! Such contempt and intense hatred! It was like we were seeing for the first time what he's really feeling...

Another scene was the scene in the car with BC in one of the earlier episodes. BC took PJ's hand and pretended to make PJ hit him, but then he said something that crossed the line, and PJ just looked at him and really punched him! :D I found that scene hilarious! I agree- I loved most of PJ's scenes with BC.

And another scene was the when the cousin demanded that PJ now work for him. I loved PJ's simple answer "I don't want to", an expression you usually hear children say. :P Made that whole scene hilarious...

And I agree that PJ scenes with the girl were not good- I found them so boring! Again, no passion at all! It so disappointed me since I loved her spunk in BM, and I hoped to see her be the same in MF. But all we got from her was bland... I actually liked BC mistress much better in the show

New Sea is more like Old Sea now. It was 2016 drama. :confounded:

I actually hope that they will released that show. I wonder what performance JH gave there...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, yoeda said:

So, it's New Sea. Can't remember the title actually. lol. Nah, maybe they can push for the drama to be aired. Pity the crew and actor that work so hard for the drama. 

Although the chinese website said the broadcast is 2022, but....let's wait & see if it even happens.

40 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Didn't you find how huge that candy was distracting?

Indeed that candy was huge! He sort of had to "adjust" from this side of the mouth to the other side. But I love that scene. But surely that candy isn't suitable for a kid, wouldn't it choke?

Thinking about it I think my favorite scene is when Pill Joo revealed himself to the driver, meaning the man that actually killed his brother. Pill Joo was so impassive and almost expressionless in the show until that point, but in that scene, the way he looked at him while pretending to call BC on the phone to tell him who his real father was, was amazing! Such contempt and intense hatred! It was like we were seeing for the first time what he's really feeling...

Oh yes this one (I forgot to add). It was like the 1st time PJ no longer is the PJ everyone knew. And I kinda like that hut where PJ lived as a child with his foster father. 

Another scene was the scene in the car with BC in one of the earlier episodes. BC took PJ's hand and pretended to make PJ hit him, but then he said something that crossed the line, and PJ just looked at him and really punched him! :D I found that scene hilarious! I agree- I loved most of PJ's scenes with BC.

And another scene was the when the cousin demanded that PJ now work for him. I loved PJ's simple answer "I don't want to", an expression you usually hear children say. :P Made that whole scene hilarious...

That was episode 2 right? Where BC said he could marry NMH & at the same time have fun with other women that PJ punched him. That was a "big" punch. Hahaha! Ya, that scene where PJ stood there looking at BC & his cousin fighting to see who wins. That was good.

Also in the later episode, where PJ took out the knife to slice the apple for BC & later plunged the knife onto the table, that was good. Look at PJ face!

And I agree that PJ scenes with the girl were not good- I found them so boring! Again, no passion at all! It so disappointed me since I loved her spunk in BM, and I hoped to see her be the same in MF. But all we got from her was bland... I actually liked BC mistress much better in the show

I actually hope that they will released that show. I wonder what performance JH gave there...

Yes, BC mistress acted better than NMH. I read a chinese article she was a newbie then (BC mistress) & JH gave her advices (cos she's not married & have no experience with kid), JH advised her the "how to" be a mother of a child this age. And later on, she & the child could blend together.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, yoeda said:

Actually there are many C-dramas which had been filmed but never get to see the daylight. Hence I am not very optimistic about New Sea.

• Like 1

This kinda shocked me- JH donated money to Ongals?! Is this as an investor? What is JH really?!

The translation is not very good, but it looks like JH is actually supporting Ki sup financially, and not just by giving him roles in his shows... 

'Sumi Lodge' Choi Ki-seop "Jang Hyuk, donated hundreds of millions of won for'Ongals'.. Thank you" [Byeolbyul TV]

In'Sumi Lodge', actor and comedian Choi Ki-seop thanked Jang Hyuk.

Actor Jang Hyuk, actor and comedian Choi Ki-seop appeared in KBS 2TV's entertainment program'Sumi Mountain', which aired on the 4th.

On this day, Ki-seop Choi said, "I thought about a person who would definitely pay back his grace before he died, but Hyuk was on top of it."

"People tell me,'You got on the HYUK line well,' but every time I do that, I'm very sorry for HYUK. He has supported hundreds of millions of dollars financially for the team called'Oggals'," he said.

Meanwhile, on this day, Kim Soo-mi served pork soup for Jang-hyuk from Busan.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002937060?lfrom=twitter

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

This kinda shocked me- JH donated money to Ongals?! Is this as an investor? What is JH really?!

The translation is not very good, but it looks like JH is actually supporting Ki sup financially, and not just by giving him roles in his shows... 

'Sumi Lodge' Choi Ki-seop "Jang Hyuk, donated hundreds of millions of won for'Ongals'.. Thank you" [Byeolbyul TV]

In'Sumi Lodge', actor and comedian Choi Ki-seop thanked Jang Hyuk.

Actor Jang Hyuk, actor and comedian Choi Ki-seop appeared in KBS 2TV's entertainment program'Sumi Mountain', which aired on the 4th.

On this day, Ki-seop Choi said, "I thought about a person who would definitely pay back his grace before he died, but Hyuk was on top of it."

"People tell me,'You got on the HYUK line well,' but every time I do that, I'm very sorry for HYUK. He has supported hundreds of millions of dollars financially for the team called'Oggals'," he said.

Meanwhile, on this day, Kim Soo-mi served pork soup for Jang-hyuk from Busan.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002937060?lfrom=twitter

He seems rather thrifty towards himself but generous towards his family and friends.:fullofhearts:

JH spotted!

• Like 3