@PrettysupI hope so too. 新海 was filmed quite a couple of years ago. Anyway, 2022 is a good 3 years away. 

I'm (still) looking for the sub version of 1 of his interview, dated 20110108, Entertainment Weekly. He talked pretty much there but I've not been able to find the chinese or english subtitle. His hairstyle in the interview is the Midas hairstyle.

• Like 3

On 5/8/2019 at 1:54 PM, budgerie said:

I'm (still) looking for the sub version of 1 of his interview, dated 20110108, Entertainment Weekly. He talked pretty much there but I've not been able to find the chinese or english subtitle. His hairstyle in the interview is the Midas hairstyle.

Do you mean this one?  

I love how he is so soft and calm in this video.:wub::wub:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

@nyk I think @budgerie mean this video below?

I cannot find the subs too for this video.

@azureblue7Yes, this is the one. Can't find any sub. @nykThanks for posting, I've seen this before. He looks soft & gentle which I believe is his real personality. The interviewer was trying to get a hug out of him but he just smiled/laugh it off. LOL..

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Kim Gyu-Ri gave thanks to Jang Hyuk.

Actress Kim Gyu-ri posted a picture and post on her instagram on May 9, saying, ""Wow! Hyuk brother! I drank well with the staff. Thank you, brother. You're the best. Thank you. It was a big help" 

In the open photo, Kim was posing with a bright smile in front of the coffee truck. This was a great gift from Jang Hyuk to Kim who is currently filming TVN new drama '60 days designated survivor'

201905100604092410_1.jpg

http://newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201905100604092410

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coming back to the topic 新海, I don't quite understand why he wants to work outside Korea, unless of course if the script is good & the pay is rewarding, I'll buy that. But now, we don't even know if he's being paid for his filming in 新海. I've watched 2 of his overseas project (Inside Outside & Dance of the Dragon), I didn't think they were fantastic. Not him, his acting is good but is the storyline kinds of sucks. Ok maybe Dance of the Dragon is more watchable than Inside Outside for me. 

Him sending coffee truck to his friends who are filming, I think generally he's a nice considerate thoughtful person. Remember he said he had 2 rules while filming, 1 is to ensure people want to work with him again & 2nd is that not to be confused between character & reality. So far he's achieved. Ask any actress, am sure they want to work with him. And so far we didn't hear news of him getting himself entangled into any relationship with any actress, still faithful to his wife since 2002, where their relationship started, is actually very rare for a celebrity. For this I truly believe he's a good husb & a good father. 

I really hope he has good projects to come. I would hate it if he's doing a 2nd lead role or doing a mentoring role or a cameo role. Not now please, my Kang Pil Joo is still going strong. I've been re watching his previous drama/movie but when it came to WOL, I just can't. Why? IDK why...I just can't.     

• Like 3

4 hours ago, budgerie said:

Coming back to the topic 新海, I don't quite understand why he wants to work outside Korea, unless of course if the script is good & the pay is rewarding, I'll buy that. But now, we don't even know if he's being paid for his filming in 新海. I've watched 2 of his overseas project (Inside Outside & Dance of the Dragon), I didn't think they were fantastic. Not him, his acting is good but is the storyline kinds of sucks. Ok maybe Dance of the Dragon is more watchable than Inside Outside for me. 

Now why would he (or another other actor) not want to work outside Korea ? It is always good for one's career to venture out and be more well know internationally. Just because his overseas projects did not turn out as good as you expect doesn't mean he should  stop doing so. Anyway some of his Korean projects did not turn out fantastic either, so there is always a risk whether its a local or overseas project.

That saying, I feel that as fans there are many things which are beyond our control. I understand that you are concerned for him but it will be good if we can respect and support his choices as I believe that he must have his own reasons for each one of them. :) 

• Like 3

Apply for Jang Hyuk Fan Autograph session !!!!! 
After purchasing more than 50,000 won at the store, apply at the spot
A total of 50 people will be invited to the autograph session through the lottery.
Fan Autograph Schedule and Place
5/25 (Sat) 14: 00 ~ 16: 00, 5th floor city fisherman's store

• Like 2

13 hours ago, budgerie said:

Coming back to the topic 新海, I don't quite understand why he wants to work outside Korea, unless of course if the script is good & the pay is rewarding, I'll buy that. But now, we don't even know if he's being paid for his filming in 新海. I've watched 2 of his overseas project (Inside Outside & Dance of the Dragon), I didn't think they were fantastic.

Because the Chinese audience (and market) is galactic. Your drama doesn’t even have to do well across the board - if you have 0.5% of the population watching it, you’ve already got a huge bonafide hit. Popularity in China translates to a plethora of lucrative deals everywhere else. 

A kpop group made one casual mention of a shampoo brand on a Chinese variety show and sales jumped over 600%. Imagine how much foreign and domestic companies would pay you for a CF deal if you can have that effect on the Chinese market. Lee Min Ho was paid 900k USD just for a 15 min appearance (via video! not even in person!) in a Chinese program. 

You don't have to be paid a lot for shooting a Chinese drama (although I can’t imagine their pay being low). The drama doesn’t even have to be good. But the exposure it gives you does increase your earning potential exponentially. 

• Like 3

@KeddongieThanks for explaining. Actually I know nuts about market....like how much they're paid....Actually is not that I m against him doing overseas project. Not at all. If he gets international recognition is good for him. I'm only concerned about how crazy fanatic audience in some countries are, that they give personal verbal attacks, just like what happened in Inside Outside. 

4 hours ago, budgerie said:

@KeddongieThanks for explaining. Actually I know nuts about market....like how much they're paid....Actually is not that I m against him doing overseas project. Not at all. If he gets international recognition is good for him. I'm only concerned about how crazy fanatic audience in some countries are, that they give personal verbal attacks, just like what happened in Inside Outside. 

I'm a new JH fan, so I'm sorry if this was discussed extensively before- but what happened in Inside Outside? Why would Jang Hyuk be attacked for that?

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I'm a new JH fan, so I'm sorry if this was discussed extensively before- but what happened in Inside Outside? Why would Jang Hyuk be attacked for that?

Just some typical "fan wars" between different actors' fans groups which is normal in the Chinese entertainment scene, they happen in Korea too. Nothing to be overly concerned about. 

8 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Just some typical "fan wars" between different actors' fans groups which is normal in the Chinese entertainment scene, they happen in Korea too. Nothing to be overly concerned about. 

Oh, you mean fans of the Chinese actors attacked JH online?

@Biology LessonFan war (of words) is very scary. Apparently is a small issue made big at that point of time. About whose name appear first, 2nd or 3rd at the end of the movie. I can't remember whether JH name appeared 1st or 2nd, other actors name appeared after his. So other actor fans were displeased that their idol name appeared after JH. 

Oh, btw, would anyone know the "Ask an Actor" thing, is it going to be a TV interview, Radio interview or Magazine interview? Like how we would know what method he's going to answer the questions. I'm looking so much forward to this. Love his interviews. Also anyone know if his Book (Hot Blooded Man) has in English version & if have, where can I purchase?