Saiunkoku Monogatari

Guest pinkblossom425

Guest pinkblossom425

Novel, Anime, and now Manga Comedy, Historical, RomanceSaiunkoku Monogatari aka Tale of Saiunkoku
228947.jpg
Although Shurrei's father has a high status, her family is very poor due to a war eight years ago. As a result of her poverty, she accepts a request for her to become a High Consort and tutor to the current Emperor, who has no motivation whatsoever to be a good leader. And so begins their story...

kinda...

Saiunkoku Monogatari was originally a novel, then an anime, and now there is the manga.
Volumes: 9 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3116Published by: VizAnime Episodes: 1st Season: 39 + 2nd Season: 39

The art is beautiful... lots of bishies ^^

Has anyone seen/read it?
228945.jpg

Saiukoku-monogatari-wall-clau-chan-saiun

SaiunkokuMonogatari.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi pinkblossom425! Finally found someone who posted on this series!

I love the artwork & appreciate the female protagonist who is such a delightfully intelligent & beautiful lady.

I'm so torn between the Emperor and her "guardian" who both love her so deeply...

Do you like this series? I've not seen the anime because it takes so long to download but I've bought the Mandarain-translated novels. Haven't read because I'm not proficient.

Being based as novels, the storyline is very intricate with loads of plot development...

I've seen the manga (not novels) for 1st 3 chapters. Wonderful stuff!

Cheers

Guest masala_chai_tea

This is a really awesome series!! I love the complexity and the characters are all very unique. I have been reading the manga and following the anime. I'm glad that it's a longer series (something I've been crazing since Juuni Kokki was taken off air). :D

Guest pinkblossom425

jem i luv this series! i watch the anime off YouTube cuz yeah.. d/l takes too long...

Seiran and Ryuuki are both hawt!!! And i luv how Shurrei is different from the other manga females... she's a lot more independent ^^

Hm... i should check and see if therez a korean-translated version of the novel...

masala_chai_tea yay!!! another fellow reader/viewer! gotta luv the weird characters :P

Guest masala_chai_tea

masala_chai_tea yay!!! another fellow reader/viewer! gotta luv the weird characters :P

hahaha! Definitely. Some of them have really strange characteristics, but that's what makes them that much more unique.

Guest pinkblossom425

ive seen that comparison a lot.. between FY and SaiMono... but then again, i cant really say much cuz i only read FY Genbu Kaiden and not FY...

im guessing SaiMono's female character is slightly more mature cuz SaiMono is josei and not shoujo?

^ ya i think so too. FY is really nice except that i hate the main female character. =X she really gets on my nerves...

Guest pinkblossom425

i wanna kno how the anime ends >_<

i cant seem to find any sources beyond ep 16

i dun want it to haf a vague ending like fruit basket

Guest Max_4_lyfe

^ ya i think so too. FY is really nice except that i hate the main female character. =X she really gets on my nerves...

I totally agree^^ I just watched episode 9 subbed on Youtube today and can't wait till they sub episode 10^^

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wenwen

my post got eaten!

anyway this series is nothing like Fushigi yuugi so please don't say they are similar when you haven't watched it. It has a great storyline, nothing weird supernatural and cliched romances. THe pace is tight and good and the character development is really nice. you discover more and more secrets as you watch every episode.

Please watch before you comment on it's goodness

Guest kyo_lover

ya when i first saw show the first impression that came to me was FY. but when i watched it, it is totally different, no where near FY. The story is brilliant and the protaganist does not annoy you and she deserves people to like her. haha cannot wait for the show to end, pretty wierd when the anime hasn't even passed episode 10. do you know where to find the manga for this. please msg me bout it. thanks so much

oOo this is one of the last anime series i have been watching... i dunno about the manga buh i think the anime is great :D i find it interesting nd im loving the opening (song) i have been watching the episodes in youtube. very nice ^-^

Guest pinkblossom425

^^^ XD

oOo this is one of the last anime series i have been watching... i dunno about the manga buh i think the anime is great :D i find it interesting nd im loving the opening (song) i have been watching the episodes in youtube. very nice ^-^

i luv da OP!!!! Hajimari no Kaze~~~

it sounds different from other japanese songs... it sounds kind of... chinese?

i had trouble determining if it wuz Chinese or Japanese XD cuz i didnt kno Japanese had the "z" sound in their alphabet...

Guest Max_4_lyfe

^^^ XD

i luv da OP!!!! Hajimari no Kaze~~~

it sounds different from other japanese songs... it sounds kind of... chinese?

i had trouble determining if it wuz Chinese or Japanese XD cuz i didnt kno Japanese had the "z" sound in their alphabet...

it's definately japanese^^

I love the opening and ending too^^

it's so catchy and i can't wait till they subb episode 11^^

Archived