[drama 2006] Rude Woman 발칙한 여자들

ay_link

Guest mily2

sandy.. you ARE amazing.. and yes.. i'm grinning ear to ear reading Rookie's profile.. yay.. at least they make him 32 years old.. not too much younger than Mi Joo.. * smiling happily*

shenny .. maybe you can put all the characters info that sandy translated on the first post? that would definitely help the late comers who will be joining us.. * thanks dear*

and yes.. Rookie.. do fall hopelessly in love with Mi Joo.. she's such a gem.. don't let her heart waver!!! and Rookie will return to the field.. * yippie*.. can't wait to see him in action.. * emily starts drooling*

haha.. i knew it.. the ex husband will want her back.. *la la la*.. but he deserves that Eun Young.. I found this wonderful quote by David Bissonette.. ( I guess men knows best in this situation) :lol:

When a woman steals your husband, there is no better revenge than to let her keep him.

so yes.. Eun Young.. you can torture that boring Jung Suk all you want.. Mi Joo will live happily ever after with the amazing Rookie aka hottie!!! ( sorry.. I just have to emphasize that)

edit: oh my.. how cool is this? I can even bust out Philosophical Quotes now.. * patting emily on the back*

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Character name: Jung Suk

He’s getting back all the pain that he gave to Mi-Joo from Eun-Young. From this experience, he wants to apologize to Mi-Joo for what he has done and also thinks about going back to Mi-Joo

Character name: Rookie

He meets Mi-Joo and falls into a romance with her while arguing.

Wow!!!! Isn't this the ultimate fantasy! :w00t:

edit - I am glad they gave Rookie some years.... when the gap is too wide I keep thinking about a mother and a child. Now I can root for them as man and woman!

ay_link: I got a question about Lim Ji-Eun's character name. Is her surname Kim or SunWoo? Coz...in the korean profile that I translated...her surname was SunWoo...not Kim. And I don't remember if Eun-Young's surname was mentioned in the episodes...bleh! It's not a big deal...but I just thought I should ask.

And also...I realized that Mi-Joo's ex husband's surname is Jung...and his name is Suk....so technically his name is just Suk, and last name Jung...lol. But I'll keep calling him Jung Suk...coz it's weird calling him Suk...gah~I'm just blabbing now.

When a woman steals your husband, there is no better revenge than to let her keep him.
Cool quote!

gerryg: I'm also glad that they didn't make Rookie and Mi-Joo have a HUGE age gap...it's just seven years apart...and I think it's a fad nowadays for couples to have quite a age gap...there are some celeb. couple that have a ten year+ age gap...so this is nothing, lol...and the whole older female, younger male type of deal.

shenny .. maybe you can put all the characters info that sandy translated on the first post? that would definitely help the late comers who will be joining us.. * thanks dear*

Done. Hehehe :P

So much fun reading those descriptions... ^^ Sandy rocks!!

Hihi. Can't wait to see ep 3 & 4!! :lol:

ay_link: I got a question about Lim Ji-Eun's character name. Is her surname Kim or SunWoo? Coz...in the korean profile that I translated...her surname was SunWoo...not Kim. And I don't remember if Eun-Young's surname was mentioned in the episodes...bleh! It's not a big deal...but I just thought I should ask.

And also...I realized that Mi-Joo's ex husband's surname is Jung...and his name is Suk....so technically his name is just Suk, and last name Jung...lol. But I'll keep calling him Jung Suk...coz it's weird calling him Suk...gah~I'm just blabbing now.

Haha.. you're right! I was actually reading her real name... :phew:

wait... is it Lim and not Kim? *puzzled*

korean characters are so :wacko: sometimes... puehehe~~

Btw, I was about to ask you about Jung Suk's last name... haha... XD

I guess "jung" is his last name ^^ so weird.. kekeke...

well, I never heard "sunwoo" as a last name either, so yeah... equally 'weird' lolz..

hehe...interesting huh? I've heard Sunwoo as a surname before...like there are a couple of senior actors/actresses that have the surname 'SunWoo'...but I never encountered an actual CHARACTER name to have a two syllable surname.

Yeup, it's pretty weird...but I guess it's unique. You should have seen my face expression when I found out that NamGoong Min's surname was NamGoong...I've been going around calling him GoongMin...but his name is just Min and surname NamGoong. Or the singer ParkhwaYoBi...well now it's just HwaYoBi.

Four syllable and two syllable names confuse the crap out of me...but I think it's cool.

wow.. now the whole subbing team is in this thread :lol:

*pat pat mily for working overtime*

thanks to mily, now we gotta start que for Rookie.. it was only me and mily before.. now we have an army..

anyway... I can't wait to watch the next epi!!!!! * i think i already said this* but yeah!!! I CANT WAITTT!!!!!! gimme an R.. gimme an O... *starts cheerleading silly*

hehe...interesting huh? I've heard Sunwoo as a surname before...like there are a couple of senior actors/actresses that have the surname 'SunWoo'...but I never encountered an actual CHARACTER name to have a two syllable surname.

Yeup, it's pretty weird...but I guess it's unique. You should have seen my face expression when I found out that NamGoong Min's surname was NamGoong...I've been going around calling him GoongMin...but his name is just Min and surname NamGoong. Or the singer ParkhwaYoBi...well now it's just HwaYoBi.

Four syllable and two syllable names confuse the crap out of me...but I think it's cool.

Haha... yeah.. we never had two/four syllable names in a k-drama before... so this is rather unusual XD

And you know what... I'm still confused :wacko:

When I check the description again and the cast pictures (the one that has each of their names on it), for Eun-young, her last name is shown as Kim Eun Young? :blink:

Is it my eyes playing tricks on me...? :mellow:

*points below*

eunyounglg0.jpg

^Oh.. and her real last name is actually "Im" heheheh... XD

AG, lolz. an army hahaa.... ;)

12 more hours!! hihihi...

Ay_Link: That is so odd! I translated her profile with the info that Emily posted up in page one...the information looks completely the same...but how come the surname is different...let me check the homepage. Last name 'Im'...gotcha! Lim/Im...always thought it was the same...but Im sounds more closer.

edit: that was from the imbc homepage. Okay...well i think we should change it to Kim...it sounds more reasonable...and since it's put as Kim at the homepage and the character picture...I think it's confirmed that it's Kim. It would have been cool if it was SunWoo...her surname would be totally different from all the other surnames, lol. It's still a mystery to me as to why it was SunWoo on that one profile Emily posted up...whatever, i should forget and move on...lol~

Guest mily2

haha.. AG dear.. yes.. I'm definitely working "overtime".. not that i'm complaining.. though I was up until 3 am this morning .. mostly gazing adoringly at Rookie's caps & reading sandy's translations :wub: .. i'm so glad today's friday.. hehe.. I can take a long nap.. but no worries.. Luv is coming back from her vacation tomorrow - so she will take over and provide caps & info..so I can just go to bed earlier.. hehe.. honestly.. i never realized how long those take until I had to do them :sweatingbullets: .. hehe.. from now on.. i guess i won't bug her to get off the computer anymore.. :lol: and yeah.. it makes me happy that people are catching on & appreciate Rookie's charms.. *but he will always be ours exclusively- high five AG*

sandy.. i'm glad you got the surname issue resolved.. hehe.. this drama totally fits the description that twitch posted.. * mix mystery, romance, comedy and melodrama*.. a combination.. all in one package!!!

How is this so far guys? I'm considering trying it. Is this comedy?

if you want a drama that lets you drool all you want and just be really rude.. while not caring about it because its LEE KI WOO.. then watch this. ya its a comedy, if you read posts before this u'll read how people burst out water from their mouth and dropping drinks because of this. LOL.. how rude! :P jk.

i think every woman should watch this.. definitely a GIRL POWER drama.. :D

Guest pinklily

hi fellow fans of Rude Woman. i just caught up with this drama yesturday, and i'm so happy i decided to check it out. this drama is so much fun...haha...i haven't gotten to the guilty part yet, but the first two episodes were definitely a pleasure to watch. ^_^

many many thanks to soo_jung for your summary of the first two episodes...to dramaok for your translations of the episode previews and character descriptions, to purpletiger86 for your translations, answers, and inputs, and to all who have contributed discussion about this drama so far. after watching the first two episodes, i came into this thread with lots of questions, and you've all helped me to answer probably all of them.

first off, i didn't pick up right away at all that she had moved back to Korea...:lol: the neighborhood looked like one from a very nice residential area you'd find in cities here. i thought she had flown only to a different part of the US. ^^;; but i really like this setup...the fact that everyone lives right next door to one another...this is going to turn into one chaotic neighborhood...lol...already, the ex-husband is spying on Mi-joo almost to be caught by his wife. lol...and Mi-joo is already taking full advantage of her 'neighborly liberties', breaking into her ex's house! :ph34r:

Mi-joo's new house...Rookie's um, ex-house? but it's still his house right? he still owns it, but it's rented out to Mi-joo without her permission. i would think above all else, Rookie would have a say in what is being done to/with his property. but it's realistic that something like this can happen in Korea?...and Rookie has no say in it after papers of been signed...by his manager? i guess his manager must have thought he would been in the playoffs (?) much longer...or get recruited overseas right after that crucial game (?).

and Rookie...poor guy! i agree purpletiger86...i thought we would see him in his baseball glory just a bit longer before it would be crushed. so episode 3 is where he'll first learn that in fact, he can't play baseball anymore? lol...i was wondering why, for a guy who has had his life's dream crushed, he was pretty angst free. ^^;; lol...what an easy going guy i thought. :lol:

and...are we all hating the ex-husband...Jung Suk? i haven't found enough reasons to hate the guy yet (except for when i was fooled by that one part...where it looked like he was staring at the woman's chest...with that weird smirk!..."icky icky sleezebag!"...until you realize it's cause she's consulting him for a boob job..."oh. >.>;;") but...not knowing the extent of how he made Mi-joo and her son suffer (and what reasons)...i can't dispise the guy just yet...especially when he's introduced as such a dotting husband and father in the first episode. breakfast for the wife, tickets for a softball game with wife and daughter...gahhh...model father of 2006! lol...is this the same guy Mi-joo is after for revenge...w/ so much conviction? Mr. Ideal Father of 2006...what could you have possibly done?! >.< :sweatingbullets:

I'm curious as to know the relationship between MiJoo and EunYoung...how did they become so close with each other? It'll be revealed sooner or later, heh.

i wonder too...exactly how close are these two? Eun Young must be the woman Jung Suk cheated on Mi-joo with...otherwise i can't think why Mi-joo wouldn't, for the sake of hurting the innocent, reconsider her revenge plot. she must also have some grudge against Eun Young to still want to break up their marriage...knowing that not one, but both people would get hurt. she must want revenge on Eun Young too. but...there will be an innocent victim here...Jung Suk and Eun Young's little girl. another thing i don't understand about Mi-joo at this point...is...knowing that the couple has a little girl...having experienced personally herself such heartache w/ a child of her own...i can't fathom her being in her right mind to want to commit others to the same sufferings.

i wonder if Mi-joo is really just playing with the idea of revenge...rather than really seeking to break up this marriage and have her husband suffer exactly as she did. i don't think she's fully estimated what possible impact her revenge will have if it is successful...she's probably too consumed with the idea of revenge to have seriously thought about how detrimental the results would be (for the wife and child...and her ex too). otherwise...if she does know exactly what she is doing...and is content with whatever suffering will ensue...then her character is really a paradox. a woman you should admire for her strength and perseverance and her love for her son...but...also someone willing to plot revenge at the cost of the happiness of an innocent child? ^^;; well...it's not as dramatic as i make it sound...lol...the humor in this drama...and Mi-joo's cuteness...makes it hard not to overlook all of these predicaments. :P

hehe...maybe it's not so obvious...but i REALLY like this drama. since Bad Family, i haven't found anything to follow...but this month has had lots of great dramas to have come out...Come Back Soo Ae, Over The Rainbow, and this...my CB is going to be on queue 24/7 again...lol.

thanks Emily for recommending this drama...and for keeping this thread so well updated w/ all the caps and pix and story/character info. haha...the people behind this drama should reward you for free <effective> publicity! :lol:

jennxxness...yes...very recommended! :lol: the first scene in the first episode is enough cause to believe this is not going to be your usual romantic comedy drama. :P lol...indeed armanigurl...GIRL POWER! WOOT!

phew! i'm really sorry about the essay :sweatingbullets:. science majors are deprived of an outlet for essay writing. it's all about equations and formulas...^^;;

Guest mily2

kirsten.. thanks for taking the time out of your busy summer school schedule to watch this & join me here at the thread.. hehe.. *luv ya*.. like AG said.. it was so lonely before.. but now.. us girls will definitely have a blast.. we're inviting all the guys to come join us too ( you guys will definitely leave this thread & the drama with a better understanding of women- and learn about what to do - in case we ever turn into desperate housewifes..)... :lol: I'm so happy.. it's great to know that i can always turn to our beloved subbing team for supports.. ehhe.. you guys rock!!!

and for once.. i wish saturday will come sooner.. i guess my obsession is at its peak.. and beside the drama.. I'm even more excited since we now have such a solid group of watchers.. let's bring on the discussions.. ( our little guilty pleasures.. :lol: )

on another note.. ( since i'm a hopeless romantic).. it makes me happy to think that there's hope for everything .. and that a woman is desirable at any age ( well.. if u look like Mi Joo at 39 :phew: ).. you don't need to find your true love & get marry when you're as lovely as a flower- or that some things are even better to the second time around.. ( if every guy is like Rookie) ;).. hehe.. it's amazing how k-drama can hook us in.. sometimes let us forget about reality.. ehhe

Guest pinklily

haha...Emily...thank YOU for a new drama addiction. this is what i've been looking for in a drama for a while now...a witty comedy with another lovable, yet flawed, feisty female lead...YAY! and Mr. Rookie...i like...keke...but i'll take all of your advices not to eat or drink while enjoying his...ah hem...i mean, this drama's viewing pleasures. :P

This thread was shoved all the way back to page 3, so I thought I should bring it back alive onto page one...afterall, episode 3 is showing today in couple more hours! LoL~Is everyone excited for episode 3 today? It seems like I won't be able to join the fun with all of you guys coz I'll be stuck at work for 11 hours! Although I won't be here to discuss and watch the drama...my heart will definately be pondering about this drama while I work...who knows~maybe a Rookie lookalike will come into my work and have me faint...than I will be sent to the ER, go home, dl the episode and watch it! Woohoo~my wishful thoughts.

I was going back and reading the previous posts in this thread...and I found the wonderful summary that soo_jung typed up for episode one and two. A great summary that basically touched up on all the important scenes/points throughout the two episodes! Well done!

Mi-joo's new house...Rookie's um, ex-house? but it's still his house right? he still owns it, but it's rented out to Mi-joo without her permission. i would think above all else, Rookie would have a say in what is being done to/with his property. but it's realistic that something like this can happen in Korea?...and Rookie has no say in it after papers of been signed...by his manager? i guess his manager must have thought he would been in the playoffs (?) much longer...or get recruited overseas right after that crucial game (?).

and Rookie...poor guy! i agree purpletiger86...i thought we would see him in his baseball glory just a bit longer before it would be crushed. so episode 3 is where he'll first learn that in fact, he can't play baseball anymore? lol...i was wondering why, for a guy who has had his life's dream crushed, he was pretty angst free. ^^;; lol...what an easy going guy i thought. :lol:

and...are we all hating the ex-husband...Jung Suk? i haven't found enough reasons to hate the guy yet (except for when i was fooled by that one part...where it looked like he was staring at the woman's chest...with that weird smirk!..."icky icky sleezebag!"...until you realize it's cause she's consulting him for a boob job..."oh. >.>;;") but...not knowing the extent of how he made Mi-joo and her son suffer (and what reasons)...i can't dispise the guy just yet...especially when he's introduced as such a dotting husband and father in the first episode. breakfast for the wife, tickets for a softball game with wife and daughter...gahhh...model father of 2006! lol...is this the same guy Mi-joo is after for revenge...w/ so much conviction? Mr. Ideal Father of 2006...what could you have possibly done?! >.< :sweatingbullets:

i wonder if Mi-joo is really just playing with the idea of revenge...rather than really seeking to break up this marriage and have her husband suffer exactly as she did. i don't think she's fully estimated what possible impact her revenge will have if it is successful...she's probably too consumed with the idea of revenge to have seriously thought about how detrimental the results would be (for the wife and child...and her ex too). otherwise...if she does know exactly what she is doing...and is content with whatever suffering will ensue...then her character is really a paradox. a woman you should admire for her strength and perseverance and her love for her son...but...also someone willing to plot revenge at the cost of the happiness of an innocent child? ^^;; well...it's not as dramatic as i make it sound...lol...the humor in this drama...and Mi-joo's cuteness...makes it hard not to overlook all of these predicaments. :P

hehe...maybe it's not so obvious...but i REALLY like this drama. since Bad Family, i haven't found anything to follow...but this month has had lots of great dramas to have come out...Come Back Soo Ae, Over The Rainbow, and this...my CB is going to be on queue 24/7 again...lol.

-About the whole renting issue. I think it's totally wacked up. How in the world can that happen? The manager has no right what so ever to touch Rookie's house. No matter how close Rookie and the manager was to each other...I do not think Rookie would have wanted the manager to rent out his own house without his permission. Rookie was totally mad about it when he found out about it...and the dumb excuse that the manager had to say about it was: 'I thought you would go to American soon'...what kind of bull is that! And on top of that the manager comes out with more bad news for Rookie to hear...his contract got cancelled/got called off after hearing about his shoulder injury. I guess they need money to give back...so the manager thinks it's right to rent out the house to make some money. Argh! Rookie showed him off though...the last words he said to the manager was something like: 'How can you do such a thing like this? From today, you are fired!'

-Hah~Jung Suk doesn't appear brutally evil as of yet...but just the fact that he cheated on his wife for another woman is just bad enough. He does seem like a great father and a husband for Eun-Young and his daughter. And yes...the only thing that Mi-Joo's revenge can do is put Jung Suk in the same/similar position as she is in...she even specifically told the priest that she would revenge on her ex-husband so that he can feel the pain/torture she has recieved from him...she told that to the priest before she arrived in Korea. It seemed like she tried to forget and forgive, but it didn't work. She even wanted to either kill him or her ownself, but she couldn't do it...and she does not want to end it so easily.

Yeah...so far this drama is great...I finally found a weekend drama to look forward to now. And oh yeah~how can i forget 'bad family'!!! That drama was enjoyable to watch! I'm also currently watching Comeback Soonae...and it's hilarious! And my mom was telling me how that the Friday dramas always puts her expectations high coz the dramas on friday are all so great...she says that Friday dramas never seems to fail on her and is always enjoyable to watch...she's currently in love with 'I want to go..' or something like that.

Guest pinklily

lol...yes...i'm very excited about episode 3! i'm so happy to have a drama to look forward to on the weekends too... :lol: this coinsides perfectly w/ my busy weekdays...it'll be like a well earned reward for a busy week's work :P

purpletiger86, the manager of Rookie is the ahjumma right? poor guy...he has it worst then i thought. so he has to pay back the contract? which means he sorta has no choice but to rent his house out? even if it was done w/out his permission...i guess there is nothing he can do about it now. and yes...that is pretty horrible...to entrust your property to someone...only to find out that you can't trust them at all! omo! i wonder if Rookie had not come back early...and found out about it...if his manager was just going to poket the rent money for herself. eek! she definitely deserved to get fired...i would even try to get her put in jail. :ph34r:

thank you for clarifying the part about Mi-joo's confession to the priest. Mi-joo has is so set on revenge...gahhh...if it wasn't for the fact that she was so cute...and that in a way...she is still innocent...i'd find her really scary...(sympathy for lady vengence anyone?...haha...okay maybe that's stretching it ^^;;). Jung Suk must have really did a number on Mi-joo...that...and she must of truly loved him...to still have such a deep scar. so it seems like nothing is going to steer her back from her plans...i wonder if her son in America knows about her plot...especially since he'll also be to coming back to Korea eventually too. definitely more drama and chaos to look forward too.

and yes...Sang Mi...she is very mysterious...she's not as dumb and weak as she leads on. i think she knows that her husband underestimates her...and she's taking advantage of it. later on...i'm sure we'll be seeing revenge plots from her too. however, in the previews...it does seem like she catches her husband in the act...red handed...but then, in that exact same scene...it looked like she wasn't sure...eventhough it was right in front of her (this was after they showed her pulling the covers off of the mistress) ^^;;. lol...i wonder what's happening there.

*squeals* i can't wait! :lol:

pinklily: before i go to bed...i just wanted to clarify something really fast. Rookie's manager is not that ahjumma/old lady...i think she's just a real estate agent. Rookie's manager is that young looking guy who Rookie met up with in the baseball field and...where Rookie was expressing his anger on the manager of what he had done.

I can't wait to find out more about Sang-Mi...usually when I watch a drama...I only concentrate on one particular couple...or shall I say...the main leads...but I'm also interested in Sang-Mi's story...she's too mysterious to not notice! I want to see what she has got to show us...no offense to SahGang or anything...but she kind of looks scary in this drama...maybe it's her short hairstyle.

Will discuss more about the drama later.

Guest pinklily

purpletiger86...ahhh...thanks for the clarification. haha...makes sense...why would an ahjumma be a manager of a star baseball player. :lol: silly me. ^^;;

you know...the actress, SahGang...she was just recently in Soulmate...and her character in that sitcom was so different from her character here. her character was so naive and innocent in Soulmate...but here, you can see something is hidden behind those eyes. i don't think she's smiled genuinely once in this drama (so far)...so different from what you see of her in Soulmate. she does the melancholy expression so well...maybe too well...because it also seems a bit dark here. but then again, being an alcoholic who steals things...isn't helping to paint a rosy picture of her either. this character has issues to say the least. >.<

Guest mily2

thank you creidesca for the link.. i am so mad at myself... I set the alarm to wake up to watch it live this morning.. but due to my bad habbit of constantly hitting the snooze button.. the drama ended when I finally manage to get out of bed.. * sigh*.. so I've been up since 7 AM waiting to dl this file.. hehe.. talk about obsession.. Usually on a Saturday.. nothing can get me out of bed this early ( not even the after X-Mas sale at department stores.. :lol: .. so i'm totally doomed!!!!!

edit

*yay* I finished episode 3.. My goodness.. Rookie looks amazing in this episode.. I feel so bad for him.. I hope Mi Joo will allow him to be her "housemate" asap.. he already lost everything.. poor baby.. I think at a time like this.. Mi Joo will be kind and let him live in the house he worked so hard to buy.. hehe.. I know that it's gonna happen ( Mi Joo is such a BIG softie).. she's such a good person.. you can see it when she was taking care of the sick * but still so handsome* Rookie.. :D

Sang Mi.. she's so hilarious.. but I have a feeling that her husband will cheat on her though.. he looks kinda "slimy" to me.. haha.. but she's definitely weird.

Oh yeah.. how can I forget about the "first kiss" between Mi Joo & Rookie.. hehe.. Mi Joo.. tsk tsk.. how could she do that to my dear Rookie and pretended that she didn't like it ( :fury: ).. yeah yeah.. we all know that she's secretly enjoying it.. i guess it's okay.. I'll forgive her since it has been years since she got kissed.. she can be abit shy :lol:

and her son Joon is the cutest thing.. I can't wait till he comes back to Korea and bond with Rookie..

Archived