The Late Lee Eun Joo 이은주

Guest coreana

I'm not certain.. yet I don't think that LBH and LEJ were ever in love but they were really close as acting colleagues, having done the movie 'Bungee Jumping of Their Own' and CFs together. LBH was obviously devastated at her funeral in 2005.. so distraught and totally shocked as everyone in the Korean entertainment industry. It's something that no one would ever expected happening to someone so talented and so young.

I love her in Lovers Concerto, too. Watching the movie.. she lives on.

tnx for this..info i also watch her video in utube..and she really can sing...

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest slightlychinita_kristene

i'm really sad about it.. :tears: :tears: :tears:

she committed suicide,isn't it???!!..but i hope he's hope where she is now...

i know it's about 3 years already...i'll miss her..

i watched her in phoenix,and i love her there,she's so beautiful...

may she rest in peace!!...

i knew many loves her... :tears::tears: :tears:

• 9 months later...

February 22, 2005

21194559718_60200010.jpg

200902211354591010_1.jpg

Only When I Sleep

The Corrs, Oliver Leiber, Paul Peterson, John Shanks

You're only just a dreamboat

Sailing in my head

You swim my secret oceans

Of coral blue and red

Your smell is incense burning

Your touch is silken yet

It reaches through my skin

And moving from within

It clutches at my breast

But it's only when I sleep

See you in my dreams

You got me spinning round and round

Turning upside-down

But I only hear you breathe

Somewhere in my sleep

Got me spinning round and round

Turning upside-down

But its only when I sleep

And when I wake from slumber

Your shadow's disappear

Your breath is just a sea mist

Surrounding my body

I'm workin' through the daytime

But when it's time to rest

I'm lying in my bed

Listening to my breath

Falling from the edge

See you in my dreams, - dreams -

Turning upside-down

Somewhere in my sleep, - in my sleep -

Turning upside-down

But its only when I sleep

It's only when I sleep

Up to the sky

Where angels fly

I'll never die

Hawaiian High

In bed I lie

No need to cry

My sleeping cry

Hawaiian High

It's reaching through my skin

Movin' from within

And clutches at my breasts

See you in my dreams, - dreams -

Turning upside-down

In bed I lie

No need to cry

My sleeping cry

Hawaiian High

- Turning upside-down -

Up to the sky

Where angels fly

I'll never die

Hawaiian High

Source: thecorrswebsite.com

200902211356341010_1.jpg

200902211402321010_1.jpg

200902211400351010_1.jpg

Update from KBS Global and sports.khan.co.kr

February 16, 2009

'Bungee Jumping of Their Own' Screening Looks Back on Late Actress

bungee_jumping2.gif.jpg

Four years ago on Feb. 22, actress Lee Eun-ju took her own life. On the 21st, the Korean Film Archive will hold a free screening of her well-known 2001 film "Bungee Jumping of Their Own" at the Cinematheque KOFA in Sangamdong.

After the screening, director Kim Dae-seung. who debuted with "Bungee." and script writer Go Eun-nim will talk with the audience. with film critic Lee Dong-jin as the MC. "Bungee Jumping of Their Own" catapulted Lee Eun-ju to stardom after she gained public attention for her films such as "Trout." It is a love story transcending time, place and death. Lee played the lovely heroine opposite actor Lee Byeong-heon.

bungee_jumping1.jpg

After it opened on Feb. 3, 2001, the film earned high critical and public acclaim and was watched by 960,000 viewers, which in those days made it a box office hit. Lee Eun-ju starred in a total 9 films including "Bungee Jumping of Their Own." She committed suicide on Feb. 22, 2005.

In an interview with Yonhap News in Seoul before her death, she looked back on "Bungee," saying, "I get emotional thinking about the film. There were many memorable scenes including a shadowy scene in which I teach the waltz."

The archive stated, "'Bungee Jumping of Their Own' portrays Lee Eun Ju's confident beauty. As the story is about lovers who cannot forget each other even after death, the film will be a fitting reminder of her on the anniversary of her death."

Credits: KBS Global

Guest xiaoxing04

ooohh..

she was the girl in bungee jumping of their own..thats one of my fave movies ever..

anyway..she'll always be remembered by all of the fans,including me..

there are still news on lee eun joo these few days as it come to be 4 years since she was gone .

i picked the picture with her simle .and hope she is similing somewhere reborn now

故 이은주, 21일 4주기 추모식 열려

입력 : 2009-02-21 17:24:34

PP08021700012.JPG

▲ 이은주

[이데일리 SPN 박미애기자] 고 이은주의 사망 4주기 추모식이 열렸다.

인터넷 팬카페 ‘이은주 사랑 팬클럽’은 21일 고인의 납골함이 안치돼 있는 경기도 일산 청아공원에서 추모식을 진행했다.

이들은 이날 낮 12시께 청아공원에서 행사를 진행한 뒤 오후 5시께 서울 사당에서 다시 모여 고인을 추억하는 자리를 가졌다.

‘이은주 사랑 팬클럽’은 또 23일 서울 압구정에서 고인의 가족, 동료들과 함께 한 차례 더 추모식을 열 예정이다.

고 이은주는 1997년 드라마 ‘스타트’로 데뷔해 영화 ‘오! 수정’, ‘번지점프를 하다’, ‘연애소설’ 등에 출연하며 톱스타로 자리매김했다. 그러나 지난 2005년 2월22일 스물다섯 살의 나이로 짧은 생을 마감했다.

• 1 year later...

How time flies so fast.. it's now the 5th Anniversary since she's been gone.

February 23, 2010

Lee Eun-ju 故 5th Anniversary Memorial Service

201002231741581003_1.jpg

201002231644411115_1.jpg

It was stated in articles that a memorial service for actress Lee Eun Joo was held in a restaurant in Cheongdam, Seoul on the 22nd at 7pm with the late actress' mother and brother in attendance including members from LEJ's fan-cafe remembering the deceased actress who passed away in 2005. Fellow actors seen at the memorial were Kim Kang Woo, Kim So Yeon and Director Lee Myung Se. Also present was singer Bada(?) a very close friend of the actress.

Source: news.nate.com / news.nate.com

• 11 months later...

February 22, 2011

Remembering LEE EUN JOO (Nov 16, 1980 – Feb 22, 2005)

The 6th Anniversary since she went away..

20110222_1298343873_29562800_1.jpg

Source: news.nate.com

A timeless tribute

LEJ's fans preparing a memorial gathering on February 22nd to remember the actress as they have done without fail since her sudden demise in 2005. Lee Eun Joo's mother is said will be attending the memorial service.

Source: news.nate.com

Guest naughtybynature

How time flies so fast.. it's now the 5th Anniversary since she's been gone.

February 23, 2010

Lee Eun-ju 故 5th Anniversary Memorial Service

This should be her 6th anniversary since she passed away in 2005?

• 2 months later...

Here's a fabulous MV by Ayu.. especially for all Bungee Jumping of Their Own lovers. The background music is awesome and LBH-LEJ combo is flawless! :wub:

' You and Me ' ~ Lee Byung Hun & Lee Eun Ju ~ on

Please enjoy! panda1-1.gif

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Being new to South Korean movies and TV-dramas, in which I have found a great love of and interest in, it truly breaks my heart to find out that Miss Lee Eun-joo who was such a beautiful and exceptionally talented actress had already passed away, and in such a sad and tragic way.... How I wish someone somehow could have stopped her from taking her own life, and helped her through her heavy depression and the hopelessness she must have felt.... Hopefully because of her passing and other tragedies will bring the acceptance and awareness of the fact that depressions is something NOT to be ashamed about and it SHOULD be taken very seriously.

I have only seen Miss Lee Eun-joo in "Lover's Concerto" and "Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of War", but she have left a very strong impression on me. 
Rest in peace Miss Lee Eun Joo, you did touch my heart.

• 2 months later...

December 9, 2012
Bungee Jumping of Their Own 
Review credit: Hanguk Yeonghwa

Romantic dramas are one of the most highly produced genres within the Korean entertainment industry, with the films and TV dramas continual hits throughout South-East Asian countries. As such, there is enormous pressure to provide audiences with the predictable pleasures offered by the generic conventions, but to also offer something different, something fresh, to keep the story engaging.
Bungee Jumping of Their Own (번지점프를 하다) is such a film. Directed by Kim Dae-seung (김대승), the first act is a rather bland and predictable effort yet truly shines during later scenes. This is due to not only the alternative approach in exploring traditional notions of romance, but also notably the manner in which homosexual relationships are explored – and judged – within Korean society. Despite the grammatically incorrect title, Bungee Jumping of Their Own (번지점프를 하다) is an original and fresh take on the genre, and leaves a lasting impression long after the credits roll.
In a traditional tale of boy meets girl, university student Seo In-woo (서인우, Lee Byeong-Heon 이병헌) finds the girl of his dreams during a rainstorm. Luckily for him, In Tae-hee (인태희, Lee Eun-joo 이은주) also studies at the same institute and they develop a deep and lasting romance. However, In-woo’s mandatory two year military service approaches and on the day of his departure, Tae-hee doesn’t appear. Several years later In-woo, now married and a father, is a teacher at a high school in Seoul. For a reason he can’t explain, he finds himself drawn to one of his male students Im Hyeon-bin (임현빈, Yeo Hyeon-soo 여현수), and his repressed memories of his love with Tae-hee begin to unexpectedly resurface.
The opening of the film wonderfully captures the awkwardness of the first meeting between two lovers. Director Kim Dae-seung’s style, clearly influenced by his time as assistant director to Im Kwon-taek, shines through as the couple exchange nervous glances in the rain without daring to speak. In-woo’s longing to see Tae-hee again and to say something – anything – is palpable, and the intensity of his emotions are conveyed expertly through Lee Byeong-Heon’s performance. Unfortunately however, after such a compelling opening Bungee Jumping of Their Own (번지점프를 하다) takes a turn for the worse as the relationship between the central couple develops in a haphazard and erratic fashion, so much so that it undermines the romance altogether. Chiefly this is due to the lack of tender moments that bring Tae-hee and In-woo together naturally, as well as the editing which wildly jumps time frames to disorientating effect. In-woo is also much more of a stalker than a love-lorn young man, as he simply follows Tae-hee and waits in her classes despite studying a different subject. Therefore when the couple do finally come together it feels forced rather than passionate, although this trend does alter slightly as In-woo’s military service approaches.
Where Bungee Jumping of Their Own (번지점프를 하다) really comes into its own is when In-woo is an adult, teaching at a high school. Married and a father, In-woo is an excellent teacher who commands the respect of his students through mutual respect and trust. Interestingly the film shares focus between him and one his students, Hyeon-bin, who is in a similar situation with his girlfriend as Tae-hee and In-woo all those years ago. The relationship between teacher and student is developed well as both men become increasingly closer, sparking a host of rumours throughout the school as to the nature of their connection. The narrative therefore alters into an exploration of the acceptance – or more precisely, the lack of acceptance – of homosexuality. The name-calling, graffiti, and other homophobic devices employed by those within the school are genuinely unsettling, whilst at the center both In-woo and Hyeon-bin feel a mutual attraction that neither can fully explain or understand.
The manner in which In-woo attempts to address his desires for Hyeon-bin are a mixture of amusement, sadness and horror as he desperately seeks to assert his hetero-masculinity and retain his identity. Yet despite his efforts, In-woo’s longing for Hyeon-bin is sincere and poignant, and clearly uncontrollable. In each instance it is the incredible acting prowess of Lee Byeong-heon that conveys such potency as a man confused about his sexuality and the resurgence of past memories, with each gesture and action contributing in the conveyance of his adoration and reluctance. Indeed, one of the actor’s greatest assets is his eyes for when he looks at Hyeon-bin the pure sincerity of his love is keenly apparent, arguably much more so than during scenes with Tae-hee. While Yeo Hyeon-soo provides a competent performance as the student love interest, Bungee Jumping of Their Own (번지점프를 하다) is a testament to Lee Byeon-heon’s acting ability. As for Lee Eun-joo, the actress gives a radiant, almost otherworldly performance as Tae-hee. Such an approach could easily be conveyed as aloof arrogance but she grounds the shyness and reluctance of the character well and, combined with her staggering beauty, it is impossible not to be moved. The knowledge of Lee Eun-joo’s untimely death prior to watching the film also adds an air of tragedy to an already poignant romantic drama.
While the first act may be the stuff of traditional generic romantic dramas, Bungee Jumping of Their Own (번지점프를 하다) genuinely shines when it rejects such conventions and explores the notions of love through its alternative and quite original perspective. Director Kim Dae-seung conveys the majesty and romance of scenes as well as the difficulties of smaller more intimate moments, while Lee Byeong-heon is excellent as a sexually confused love-lore figure. Bungee Jumping of Their Own (번지점프를 하다) is an entertaining and thought-provoking film, one which will certainly reverberate with audiences long after the final credits roll.
7/10
bungeejumping_bh.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

February 22, 2014
A memorial service for Lee Eun Joo held
Source: STARN News 20140222113704_53080d4fc7ce7_1.jpg

A memorial service for actress Lee Eun Joo was held.
On February 21st, NAMOO ACTORS held a memorial service for actress Lee Eun Joo at Seoul.
Chief executive officer Kim Jong Do of NAMOO ACTORS, actors and actresses, family members, and fans attended to cherish memories of Lee Eun Joo.
Lee Eun Joo committed suicide in February, 2005, and her death stroke a shock to the entire society.
Meanwhile, Lee Eun Joo debuted back in 1997 through a drama called 'START', and casted in a great number of different major hit dramas and films.
/Reporting by Noh I-seul en@starnnews.com

February 22 was the 9th Anniversary since actress Lee Eun Joo's death in 2005.
Here's a segment on KBS2's Movie is Good featuring the late actress' work including 'Bungee Jumping of Their Own' with LBH. Thanks to PlanetBH0712 for the highlight.
Bungee_35.jpg

February 22, 2014
KBS2 영화가 좋다 E375 140222 - 번지점프를 하다

Sendspace

Archived