The Late Lee Eun Joo 이은주

Guest coreana

on 22 Feb . 7 pm . there was a memorial service held by the late lee eun joo;s management company and fan club and attened by over 300 ppl .. on the event , they show case the songs included in the ablum - Only you and the premier of the MV .and also the movie that is voted by the fans as the lee eun joo movie that they want to watch - The lover concerto ...

20070222211005.904.0.jpg

20070222211005.638.0.jpg

20070222222310.825.0.jpg

20070222205410.240.0.jpg

20070222202516.082.0.jpg

20070222205016.888.0.jpg

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time flies so fast... when someone is truly & really missed. 2 years... seems just like yesterday...

Thanks for the Only One album links... I love LEJ's rendering 'Only When I Sleep'... only she can sing this song now.

Wonder if LBH was there at the 2nd memorial, if he's well enough to attend? Remember how shocked & devastated he was and many, many other friends 2 years ago. But I'm sure, even with the sadness still lingers on, LEJ will be fondly remembered and cherished through her movies and happy memories.

Lover's Concerto is a good choice, a wonderful movie. Her role was so spunky with a secret of her own.

Guest jihye87

time really flies .. i remember i was just getting to know her through her movies back then and she was gone .. glad that they did a memorial for her .. she was a talent .. missing LEJ..

Guest suzziee

Time sure flies... I remember being shocked and left bereft by the loss of a talented actress who had the most mesmerising face, voice and acting.

She was so young but seemed so old.. A maturity beyond her years. I always said she was an old soul.

Words can never be enough to express how big a loss Lee Eun Joo's death is to the world of entertainment.

Rest in peace.

• 2 months later...
Guest TXX

Does anyone still have the song But it's only when I sleep that she sang in "The Scarlet Letter" if so Plz noticfying me !!!!!!!! PLZZZZZZZZZZZ

Guest erniehkwon

I read the article on Soompi that Chinese netizens voted for 'The Most Influential 100 Korean Stars in China' (http://www.soompi.com/node/1249)

As I browsed the list I sadly thought that Lee Eun Joo should be on the list but sadly she is gone and forgotten.

It turns out that she is not forgotten and is #58 on the list. :D

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Fans Commemorate Death of Actress Lee Eun-joo

080123_ent_2.jpg

Fans of the late actress Lee Eun-joo have gathered to commemorate the 3rd anniversary of her death at Chungah Park in Ilsan where her ashes lay.

An official at the park said although almost three years have passed since her tragic death, her fans still remain loyal. He said many fans visited the crypt at Chungah Park a few weeks before the third anniversary of her passing.

Lee committed suicide on February 22, 2005 at the age of 25. At the time, Lee had established herself as one of the top young Korean actresses, starring in numerous successful films including 'Lover's Concerto' and 'The Scarlett Letter' as well as small-screen drama series such as 'Bulsae.'

Three years have passed but in the minds and hearts of Lee's fans, the memories of their beloved actress remain as clear as ever.

[ 2008-01-23 ]

• 5 weeks later...

it still feel such a loss having her gone just like that . .

3rd Anniversary . .fans are gathered to remember her . they will be showing her movie Hello UFO tomorrow at a gathering .

there a smalll clip in here about lee eun joo.

http://tvnews.media.daum.net/part/entertv/.../v20069968.html

20080222095607.061.0.jpg

故 이은주 3주기, 팬들이 나선다..영화 상영 등 추모 모임

[머니투데이 스타뉴스 윤여수 기자]

22일 배우 이은주가 안타까운 생을 마감한 지 3주기를 맞는 가운데 팬들이 그를 추억하는 작은 자리를 마련한다.

이은주의 인터넷 팬카페 '이은주 사랑 팬클럽'은 23일 오후 5시 서울 상암동 DMC 한국영상자료원 2관에서 '천상배우 고 이은주 3주기 추모 모임'을 갖는다.

이 자리에서 팬들은 이은주의 출연작 가운데 영화 '안녕 UFO'를 함께 관람하며 생전의 스타를 추억한다.

한편 생전 이은주의 소속사인 나무엑터스는 22일 서울 강남의 한 카페에서 고인의 동료 배우 및 감독, 방송 영화 관계자들을 초대해 추모 모임을 가질 예정이다.

^ Thanks Shirley for the update and highlight..

Personally, I tend to remember all the good & happier times (as if time stood still) but for some reason.. I feel heavyhearted today which I didn't quite realize why. Like.. something is MISSING..

Now I know.. as she's now.. so far.. away..

But always in our hearts.

f0050337_22222691.jpg

capture by chibineko; as stated

"I'm called a new generation star, but I don't want to be the kind of person who achieves instant fame and then is quickly forgotten. I want to learn step-by-step how to become a good actress, and gradually work my way up. A star achieves brilliance, but is soon forgotten; to become an actress takes more time." ~ 이은주

th_rainbowtrout.jpg photo2954ia2.th.jpg 25572962ao7.th.jpg photo2004jv8.th.jpg 26194256yq4.th.jpg

new5xx3.th.jpg still10ci8.th.jpg still8uf6.th.jpg new22zw6.th.jpg main5ai3.th.jpg

...still remembering.

Thanks melusine for the caps of all LEJ's movies. Out of the 9 10, I've only seen 4 but I especially love 'Lovers Concerto' .. it's just a surprise treat to watch.. with an even surprise ending... somehow.. a bittersweet memory..

24_b.jpg

d0049493_10383173.jpg

but of course, her collaboration with BH is just the best.. :wub:

Captures from gobungee and miuchinyu

Guest sakura_dubai

i really feel bad when i read news of 'committed suicide'~ i always want the reasons why ppl do that..

but the only thing i can say to her after all these years that your fans are still your fans.

^ Thanks Shirley for the update and highlight..

Personally, I tend to remember all the good & happier times but for some reason.. I feel heavyhearted today which I didn't quite realize why. Like.. something is MISSING..

Now I know.. as she's now.. so far.. away..

But always in our hearts.

exactly~ if ur fans can't see u anymore and feel so sad because on this day of every year they remember how far away u are from them.. they still remember you and they still luv u..

• 3 weeks later...

why she commit suicide...such talented and pretty really felt bad for her..

did Lee byung hun love the late LEJ...

i've seen lovers concerto and she was so good and cant believe she's gone..

I'm not certain.. yet I don't think that LBH and LEJ were ever in love but they were really close as acting colleagues, having done the movie 'Bungee Jumping of Their Own' and CFs together. LBH was obviously devastated at her funeral in 2005.. so distraught and totally shocked as everyone in the Korean entertainment industry. It's something that no one would ever expected happening to someone so talented and so young.

I love her in Lovers Concerto, too. Watching the movie.. she lives on.

Archived