♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

Hey HJW fans!!

I lurk here and only post once but I really enjoy the posts so much. There is not one thing I don't like about HJW. Everything I have seen her in she made it worth viewing to me. I doubt I would watch EK at all without her. Serious girl crush I have right now. Hope she gets the person of her dreams (if that is what she wants) and be happy for life in her career. OK back to lurking and thanks for all the great posts!

Guest im_nyuna

Anyone here watched Hwang Jini yet? I'm on episode 5, but I just can't seem to continue... does it get more intense later? 

Guest JezzaG

@KihoL I'm planning on watching it once EK ends... I have yet to deal with a post-drama depression after EK so I'm reserving Hwang Jini to help me get over once EK ends.   ;))

@pegster

I never said that i don't enjoy HJW acting, of course i do or why should i watch this drama? Does it mean that for this i can't say how bad this drama is? And who talked about the distortion of history? I don't think HJW did a bad choice picking this drama, i already said that this drama had all the elements to be an epic drama, but sadly a bad writing, a bad directing, agency powers just turned it in a very bad and nonsensical drama, i'm sure that the scenario that HJW read at the beginning was very different from what then really happened in the drama.
I'm not only angry with this drama because is bad, but also because of the way HJW was mistreated. When HJW picked this project she had a lot of critics, maybe the first time ever for HJW, she almost ruined her perfect reputation picking this drama so i expected that she would have a great role where she could actually shine and show her talent but that didn't happen. For a great part of the drama HJW had less screen time and importance than minor characters and even now she spend most of the time plotting, there is so few episode and scenes where she had to show emotions, even if she can make a spectacular acting even just plotting it is just a waste of her talent. She always do the same thing over and over again. Her character is passive, flat and sometimes boring, for most of the time she has been the babysitter of TH, i wonder why they named the drama Empress Ki if her role is not central.
What's wrong if i want that HJW star in a project at her level? I don't wanna see her waste her time and talent in a bad project that will give her nothing.

Do you really think SN character developed? It looks to me like the exact opposite. There is nothing wrong for a strong woman to show some weakness, but what SN is showing is not only some weakness. She accepts rape, humiliation, mistreating, beating, to be banished like if it's nothing, and she doesn't feel a little bit of rage? Not even a saint could do that. It's like if she became just a slave that accept every request of her master without a blink . Is she the same SN that used to kick TH butts, the same one that didn't listen to anybody orders and said to the emperor no so many times. Now she looks just like a victim at the mercy of her attacker. At the beginning Empress Ki was supposed to be an evil and ruthless character but SN exept for killing her enemies didn't do anything of evil or ruthless. Also at the beginning of the drama SN was supposed to become Empress much earlier that the last episode but they changed it again for give more space to other characters. So at the end Empress Ki is not about Empress Ki like people thought and probably also HJW thought.

What did TH do for her exaclty? Exept trying in everyway to have her for his own selfishness, not for her own good, sure not for love. What SN wanted was to live in her home country Goryeo, free, with the man that she loved, but of course who cares about what SN wants and what makes her happy? The only thing that matter to TH is himself. He wants SN for his happiness, for his selfishness, because she can help me, and probably also because of the competition that he always had with WY. SN loved WY and he couldn't accept that he would lose against him also with SN.
And do we wanna talk what happend when SN, TT, BA, WY defeated ET clan and he became the "emperor"? He started to show his true colors, that he already showed in the past but he was too weak back than.
I'm so sick to hear that TH loves SN, what TH feels for SN is not love and never has been.
A man in love doesnt abuse of the woman he loves like TH does. He uses violence to her physically and mentally and the PD makes it seem like it's something normal, even romantic? For exemple after he raped her SN looks at him sad and lovingly? What? A woman that just suffered of rape feels rage not sadness, and sure not love. They turned a rape scene in a romantic one, even a way to reconciliation? This is so so wrong.
Also the scene in ep. 49 when TH goes to SN to put medication on her shoulder, there is not a right thing in that scene, they made it look amost like a romantic scene but it wasn't at all. TH was cold and seemed like he was doing to her a favour and she should be greatful. WTH? He didnt feel guilty at all for what he did to her, he watched her beated and he didn't blink an eye, he even looked at her with anger and like she deserved it. Sure that is a man in love for people. He is just a psychopath and alcholic and should be shown for what he really is. Now the PD and writers try to make him look less bad showed that he was drugged. He wasn't always drugged and when he wasn't drugged he still behaved like a richard simmons, he showed that he loved more BA than SN and his son and he wasn't drugged in that moment, but of course they have to make him look like a victim while he really isnt. He is the attacker not the victim.

Everyday i hear news of woman killed by their husbands or boyfriends, violent and abusive men that at the end killed their victims and what they are showing in Empress Ki is unacceptable and wrong.

This drama doesn't make any sense, they drag some usless storyline for so many episodes and than rush things in just one episodes, it looks like even they don't know what they want and what they are doing. The love triangle was really so stupid and so badly done, can't believe that they focused most of the drama in that usless thing, and why did they made SN pregnant with Byul? It didn't make any sense and didn't add anything to the story. If they wouldn't have wasted so many time and episodes with stupid romantic stories that doesn't make sense maybe the drama would have been better.
The only ship that would actually make sense is Tal Tal and SN and they never had been romantically involved but still is a better ship that SN-TH or SN-WY. This is just one prove of how bad the writing is.

I hope you understand what i'm saying and i'm not bashing HJW at all, i just want for her the best, and this is not.

:)>-

@Libera Regardless of how much I dislike or like the film, what I do know is I still love HJW and appreciate all her effort. HJW has always been someone who doesn't mind sharing the the spotlight.

EK allowed us to marvel at Ha Ji Won's beauty!

Credit: DCInside

1889330083_cbc26f3d.jpg

@Libera
I
disagree with you it is your opinion and I respect it ....but...
HJW did an exceptional role in Empress Ki drama ...Her transformation from punk Jackal to Lady Ki it is absolutely exceptional acting from HJW
You forget the essential things:
The era in which going action of this drama and the people involved -The Mongols a very cruel warrior nation
Their Emperor was their God..he had full power over the lives of everyone in and out of his palace
He could do whatever he wanted with his subjects ...to kill them, to torture them, to rape them "sight"
SN was only a concubine ...that it's mean a SLAVE in his palace...
without a strong family to sustain her...no friends ...without power ...She had nothing only her desire for revenge and her brilliant brain
(
remember that...The strong El Temur was unable to save his daughter from punishment)
And ..very important...SN knows all that fact when she return to the TH palace...She knows that her live in palace
can be hell for her..It was her own choice...everything for revenge
And ...without TH obsessive love ...she
would not have gotten so high...actually she at the beginning used TH as a tool (I am not a TH fan but I like the actor JCW)
The only way for LK to defend the child and maybe her own life is to reach the Empress ...but this is not possible without being subject to the wishes of Emperor
Would be interested to see what will be her behavior after the coronation???!!! Then we could see her true feelings for Emperor???

@cunn nope :P I'm from Singapore! If you wanna share/ merge orders, tell me cos I'm getting 2 EK OST and I just need a few more dollars to hit free shipping(: but if you dw, shipping isn't that ex, just a few dollars only!

- hey fellow HJW fans, if you have any extra fangoods/merch from her endorsement that you wish to sell,etc ,please tell me cause I've only got her autobiography, calendar and the celebrity mag... D; it's such a small collection.

@JacquelinQ You are right, it's talking about her Four Strengths(? 四柱) not to sure how to say it since its derived from Ancient Han Chinese. Maybe a Chinese speaker would be able to explain it.

Unfortunately there are too many words I don't understand in the article to give you much info.

From what I can gather they said she's, for lack of a better word, a strong totem, is a self made type and is someone who will overcome hardship. Apparently her reading is very good.

Now I wished someone would translate it.

@cunn yeay!!! me too, I am from Malaysia. :) wah!!! its very rare to find a Malaysian who loves HJW. I found most of us prefer younger idols, girls group, boy band and so on. I am so happy to find a new friend from my own country that love HJW. Nice to meet u @cunn :x . I think there're a number of HJW's dramas n movies had been shown here such as TK2H, SG, Hwang Jin Yi, 100 days with mr arrogant, Duelist n even Sector 7. However, there're very few news or any promotion about her and her works written in our newspaper. Therefore, I'm very glad that I found this thread because I can find many info's, updates n news about our HJW n meet new friends n share our interest n love on HJW.   @tieuyeunu‌ thanks a lot for posting the collection of beautiful HJW from EK. I really love her hairstyle at the beginning of the drama as a pretty boy, SN. I found she looks so cute n younger with that hairstyle n I think she can even potray a young teenagers in any drama with that hairstyle. I also love her short, chick hairstyle in SG because she looks younger and COOL as well. However, her new, long n brown hairstyle suits her well as a young woman n so beautiful. She looks different with different hairstyles but, she always look so beautiful n fresh with any of it :).

Don't think this was posted yet...

Ha Ji Won's new yogurt ad

Updating with a better quality version.

Credit: DCInside

2950630621_f260d0c8_timg-370.jpeg

According to DCInside, The Huntress DVD should be out soon. I hope they will release a Bluray...

Why do I have to watch HJW in DVD 480i format when I can watch her in Bluray 1080p format?! I'm still holding out for the As One Bluray.

Credit: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=hajiwon&no=166474&page=1

Finecut adds three for Cannes and one of them are: Chronicle Of A Blood Merchant by Ha Ji Won and Ha Jung-woo...
1486542_279799178847505_4022980142873822
South Korean sales agent Finecut has secured three new titles for the Cannes Market led by Ha Jung-woo’s Chronicle Of A Blood Merchant, based on the internationally acclaimed novel by Yu Hua.
Chronicle Of A Blood Merchant will be directed by Ha Jung-woo, who will also play the lead. Ha, star of The Chaser and The Berlin File, made his directorial debut last year with light-hearted comedy Fasten Your Seatbelt, backed by CJ Entertainment. Ha Ji-won from Sector 7 and Haeundae also stars.
Published in 1996, the bestselling novel is from Yu Hua, the celebrated Chinese author of To Live, which was also adapted by Zhang Yimou into the Cannes-awarded film in 1994.
Set in 1950s Korea, it tells the story of a man who sells his blood over the years in a draining effort to make his family’s life better.
Budgeted at $5.5m, Next Entertainment World (NEW) is investing in and distributing the film. Produced by Dhuta and Dasepo Club, it is due to start shooting in early May.

© http://article.wn.com/view/2014/04/24/Finecut_adds_three_for_Cannes/

Bryce
from
Ha Ji Won 하지원
wonderful news ...maybe I can see her in France...wow :)>-

Does that mean it's going to premiere at the Cannes Film Fest?  If that's it, then it won't release till May 2015...
I do want the movie to premiere at a film fest, but I don't know if I want it to be that long.  Toronto International Film Fest will be good, it's in September :)

Guest larabn

@Libera
I respect your opinion but I have to look at the situation of how it is and not how I want it or think it should be.
I will be explaining it from SN's perspective now and not other characters

SN is a women in a male dominating time. The only word heard or important is the male's and specially the emperor and husband.
At first SN disguised herself as a jackal to avoid the danger women faced in those times whether it was because she is an orphan and has no support or because of her being from goryeo. After she was found out to be a women, SN became a maid to the emperor. She loved WY and then got pregnant with his child. She was in danger and TH did help her then with Dok Man to get her back to goryeo. So, here she had the chance of being with WY but TH wasn't the one who prevented her but it was TN who caused her child to be known dead. SN chose with her free will to go back to yuan to avenge her son and friends. She told TH and they had an agreement with no guarantee to love TH back. She then discovered she has to make TH powerful to be able to help her too and help him with his weakness. That was done, SN then felt affections towards TH after seeing him going helping her while he was sick, she finally came to him and they slept together that night. After taking down the ET clan and SN was doing great with TH, they start giving him the letters and his insecurity takes over his mind making the crazy side in him take charge. After all we are not talking about a perfect or even nearly perfect person. He is what I would send him to therapy or counseling in this era. TH becomes crazy and SN is still the emperor's wife who can't just leave TH when he is cuckoo or divorce him. She would be in danger and she has a son to consider too. TH rapes her but in that era a women sometimes was forced to sleep and please her husband and a lot of cases like this happened back then. So even the mentality of the women there were not so feminists or reacted like the modern days to a forced sex. If they were hurt, there is nothing they can do and it happens a lot. They were raised and told they have to please their husbands no matter what. SN is different in her thinking but she can't be as different to compare her to the modern women now. Since these things happened a lot back then. I was also surprised by her loving looks after such a scene but I came to think that she first didn't react so different than the other abused women in yuan times. Second, she may have thought that he might be way too stressed and she has been witnessing his change lately. As well as, her surprise in his change of tone to a higher pitch and hoarse tone, caused her to not grasp the whole idea of what TH really did do to her. This TH isn't the TH she knew so, she is inclined to make excuses for him saying he wasn't himself and all that. These 2 factors that I mentioned are the reason to her reaction but we could see she was annoyed by him later. TH later didn't believe her and believed Bayan since at this stage his insecurity caused him to lose trust in the only person that stood by him. He banishes her, she is beaten with a rod while praying for him, honestly I think she is so in love to do that and since she has a family with him. Anything good for TH is good for her son and her. If TH is a worthy emperor, then her son is safe and so is she. It's like she is praying he goes back to his senses since she can't just have a divorce and leave him, she will always be his as well as, she loves him. In the modern days, even if a women loves her man, if she felt he wasn't good to her, she would file a divorce. But, not in those times and a consort for an emperor. He comes himself  but still not letting go of his stance, he hugs her and asks her to come back, or he won't forgive her another time. she agrees to come back to take down ED in her mind and to ensure the safety of her son. I don't need SN to tell me the reason, since I'm sure being a mother played a big factor to all her attitudes with TH along with her love towards him. It's not like they will give her custody of her son and she lost Byul too, Ayu is the only thing she has now after TH's recent behaviors. What I'm saying, the time is different, the mentality of laws and views to women's rights are different and SN is a mother too who will do sacrifices to be with her son and not lose him as well as not to lose her husband she loves. I'm explaining all this from SN's perspective since we are all SN supporters no matter from which ship we are. I won't discuss TH or WY.

Now I know you said you are *sick of hearing TH loves SN* you may not agree to it but others have a different view and look at this situation. So, saying I'm sick of hearing this won't change the fact that they will express their opinions too. I hear people always upset and angry at reading opinions for WY whether with or not or TH or TH loves SN or other opinions, but those people are entitled to express their opinions too as long as they're not offensive. Our point of views aren't always right to other people, should we stop to not make them sick of hearing it? We should be more tolerant to disagreements in views no matter how unrealistic or illogical they seem cuz we can't stop people from talking about them.

As for Talking about EK,  I love EK and think that HJW did many different portrayals as SN in EK, the character did go some amazing character changes and she portrayed it so well....I understand your opinion and maybe for you it's the worst drama and I know that you love HJW and that's the reason you are saying this but the point we are trying to say is: I don't mean to support your actress blindly cuz after all you would want the best for her and when you think something isn't , you would get upset. But, this has been talked about here in HJW thread more than once and we should keep supporting her if not for her character in EK since some are against it but for her Daebek Great acting....awards she took for it, the ratings in which will benefit HJW, being the 1st on it's time slot, looking gorgeous in EK, ...etc. Why focus on the negative that will only cause us stress, when we have positive sides to talk about. This is what is better to do being her supporters and fans. If HJW serfs topics about her and she comes across people being upset with her drama and saying it didn't do her any good, they wasted her talents and all that. What do you think her feelings would be then? EK thread is already doing the job of being angry at the drama, so lets not transfer it here too and try to be more positive. :)

Sorry for the long post and I respect your opinion but this is my opinion towards the whole topic.  :)