♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

So far, it is unanimous for Kim Hang Ah as favorite character. :blush: My next favorite is Gil Ra Im and Hwang Jini. Both characters seem strong on the outside but vulnerable and sensitive on the inside. I like how they defy the odds of their situation, excel in their field despite the challenges, and came out with their values intact. I like her Hospital Ship character as well. How about in movies? Closer to Heaven is bittersweet but love her in As One. Her thrillers were very good too. A lot of people may disagree but, "Life Risking Romance," is quite a very good watch. The only movie I have not seen of her is Chronicles of the Blood Merchant. How was it?

@strwbrry Think I have read the rumors too about the guy. Good for him if it is true. As @andra3 said they were close before or maybe more than that, we do not know. And your comment about Jiwon's love life as a black hole is too funny but so true. We need a little light there, hahaha. In the end, it is her decision but as fans we do like to see her happy and settled down. For now, it is living vicariously through her drama like Oh Hana. I pray she will find her Won soon. 

Nice talking with you all! Keep the post coming. 

• Like 3

On 5/22/2019 at 3:59 PM, strwbrry said:

Just a thought! Since we are about to be introduce to Jiwon’s new character Moon Cha Young. From all HJW’s character role who is your least favorite if any :sweatingbullets:

I am still thinking which one is my least fave though :P It is quite hard huh. Hahahaha

Least favorite I don't have character of like that.. I like soo jung it was one hell of a different character.. I liked her in every shades.. My favorite would be Empress ki n Hang Ah!! @drakelaw I really hope she has a life partner to accompany her for her lifetime but I would still like to give her space to decide it!! Anyways we all want her to be happy!! I m looking forward to chocolate!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Least favourite character? That’s an interesting topic and I must admit I never gave that any thought before! And upon thinking long and hard, I realized that while I haven’t finished watching as many of her dramas and movies as many of you have, I can’t think of any of her roles I didn’t like, and that’s mainly because she’s such a consistently good actress who always aces her roles.

While I only came to know about Jiwon after watching Hospital Ship, my mum remembers watching Secret, one of her early dramas, and really disliked her in that role as a scheming person who tried to steal her sister’s identity. But recently, my mum also grew to love her after Hospital Ship, not realizing it was the same actress! She now says that Jiwon did a great job playing a villain as it takes really good acting to make you feel like reaching out through the screen and strangling her! I haven't watched Secret so I can't comment, though I believe that's the only role where it might actually be possible to dislike her in.

• Like 2

@drakelaw give a try watching Chronicles of Blood Merchant, you can see a new shade of HJW’s acting as a mother. My second try of watching the movie it gives me different feels, and I did even cry to some scenes :) 

And from that, I am hoping of HJW to take some mother role character which is the focus of the story, somewhat in melo genre. Probably, she’s not taking that kind of role yet since, she herself is not yet a mother nor a wife. As we know of Jiwon she takes very seriously when it comes to her acting, she wants to completely immerse, so maybe that kind of role is quite hard for her yet. 

• Like 1

Wow, this is so nice that we are communicating very well here! :D @andra3, @icyphoenix

And finding it very hard to choose the least fave character so far, it just shows how effective Jiwon is as an actress. 

@SR20DET yeah, ive watched her drama ‘secret’ she’s a villain in there a very evil character.

Aha! If I have to choose a least fave character, if it includes the movie, I dont like her in Life Risking Romance ( @drakelaw peace sis! :D ) I find Jane quite annoying, i am not impress with Jiwon’s acting in there too comical hahahaha

I think I am just not into Jiwon acting aegyo and cheesy. Her variety show is enough for me, for her aegyo! HAHAHAHAHA

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I don’t have a least favorite character of HJW. I admire her for bravely taking some roles that are not her forte. It only shows she is versatile and one who wants to explore her options. Some roles were not be appreciated by many, but then she was willing to take risk and learned from the new experience. 

My favorite? All — seung nyang, kim hang ah, oh hana, gil ra im (including the movies as one, chronicles of blood merchant, closer to heaven). These characters have shown that despite all the hardships, they never gave up. They did everything they could for their love one and family. And even though they are a woman (which in korean culture seems to be weaker than man), they showed courage and strength. That’s why i love hjw. She makes sure that her roles can inspire woman to be strong and empowered.

I am excited to see “chocolate.” I wonder what would be the twist in her character. 

• Like 2

One thing that I really appreciate about Jiwon coz if you look at her resume almost all the roles she’s playing are the kind of woman who are not the damsel in distress, she really into female-centric characters a story that evolves saying hey-i-am-strong-and-independent-woman. Probably that’s the reason, why we could not usually get a solid A-list actors as her partner. Yet, the result is always better anyways whoever her male lead is coz she have this thing of ‘i-will-let-you-shine’ . 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, strwbrry said:

Aha! If I have to choose a least fave character, if it includes the movie, I dont like her in Life Risking Romance ( @drakelaw peace sis! :D ) I find Jane quite annoying, i am not impress with Jiwon’s acting in there too comical hahahaha

Hello! 

haha, No problem sis. The story is interesting enough and I think there is good chemistry, but  quite agree with the HJW's acting. Not her best here. Maybe it is harder for her to tone down the aegyo in "lighter" roles because it is her most natural self, hehe. Will definitely have to check out Chronicles of the Blood Merchant. 

Agree that is so great we are able to interact and discuss more about Jiwon's acting, dramas, movies and a  glimpse about her personal life. Like most of you pointed out, I admire her for choosing anti damsel-in-distress roles and usually opt for strong female roles especially with a male-centric society in Korea. Her being a multi-awarded actress both in dramas and movies is a testament to her passion and love of her craft. Till now,  number of junior actors name her as the actress they aspire to be. In my opinion, at this point of her career, she has nothing more to prove but enjoy her work, and be the cool boss of her agency, :wub:

10 hours ago, strwbrry said:

Yet, the result is always better anyways whoever her male lead is coz she have this thing of ‘i-will-let-you-shine’ . 

True, her male partners usually become more famous and sought out after they partner with her. The magic of HJW. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, drakelaw said:

True, her male partners usually become more famous and sought out after they partner with her. The magic of HJW. 

Couldn’t agree more, not all but in most cases that’s the thing happen. It’s like she’s bringing out the best of her male lead. Though sometimes, I am quite greedy that I want her to be partner to someone with hype already :D 

p.s. just watched some clips from TTWWNIL and now I am missing oh hana, she’s so beautiful. Romcom may not be my thing for Jiwon but it just so refreshing to watch her having a role like oh hana :)  And how I wish jiwon has someone like Won :wub::D

• Like 3

Reading tweets about casting news lately while waiting for ‘Chocolate’ there are 3 writers that I would love they can work with HJW too very soon. The one who wrote, ‘Dear My Friends’ writer Noo Hee Kyung for melodrama, ‘Signal’ writer Kim Eun Hee for suspense & thriller genre, and the writers behind ‘Queen Seon Deok’ and ‘ Six Flying Dragons’ for saguek dramas :wub:

gaawwwddd! I am so greedy for great writers hehehehe

• Like 3

Jiwonn and Chocolate filming team works really hard they already film in two location in Greece,  Monemvasia an old town in a small island and Nafplio one of the most romantic town all over Greece.

I am so curious about Jiwonn character , chef Moon... I think that I see her in the 2th pics ???!!!  :unsure: What do you think ???

Spoiler

D7XHc_0U0AEdK_3.jpg

Related image

Image result for monemvasia

Nafplio..isn't Jiwonn in the distant plan with apple bun ?? 

D7hkBlrUwAAHDQK.jpg

Image result for Nafplio

Image result for Nafplio

Image result for Nafplio

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@andra3 yes, zoomed and looks like Jiwon. 

@strwbrry and @dianah de guzman, not familiar with scriptwriters as you are (:D) but since we are talking about drama casting for Jiwon , would like her to have a reunion drama with Lee Seo Jin. I think they have one of the best pairings and chemistry.  A saeguk drama with Lee Joon Gi. For movies, action with Won Bin and drama with Kim Nam Gil. A girl can dream, right? :lol:

• Like 3

I have a thing with KNG before but after I saw them together with Jiwon in an event where they seated next to each other yet it’s like they completely ignore one another LOL. I don’t have that hotshot for him that much anymore :lol:

As for LJK, that would be very okay for me since he wanted to work with Jiwon also from his interview. 

I like Lee Seo Jin with Jiwon but in a variety show, I could already foresee the moment where LSJ explodes and run out his patience in a fun way HAHAHAAHA.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I have the same filling about KNG , I like him before that event but after ...never ... he don't just ignored her he was really pissed of... a very understandable and impolite behavior  ...:wacko:

• Thanks 1

Hi ladies. Really, KNG ignored JW. :angry: Was it in one of the awards show? Saw a video but I am not sure who was the actor. Scrap him from the list then. A variety with Lee Seo Jin would be epic. Their personalities would be great variety TV, haha. 

I am curious though, who are actors or actresses close to our JW? From what I have seen (pictures of old, media interviews) she used to hang out with a few. Now, looks like she mostly hangs out with her staff, family, and non-celebrity friends. I like it that she is family oriented and quite understandably that at this point of her life, she would value real friends. 

• Like 1

We could not really judge of what did happen because we only saw a clip from that event. But, anyways I am still fine if they will be given a chance to work together in the future :D 

I remember before when Jiwon was more active doing films she got a few celeb friends like song yoon ah. And it’s like she got more boy friends in showbiz than girl friends.