♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

some translated from the movie presscon interview

EfL5c3WUEAA3hgm?format=jpg&name=small

EfL_w6SUEAAR6o3?format=jpg&name=small

director kang dae kyu on casting ha ji won as adult seung yi: “i met jiwon when i was an assistant director in duelist and haeundae. she has many charms, but among them, her eyes and appealing voice have the power to attract emotions.” #담보 #collateral #pawn

sung dong il said, instead of father-daughter, he wanted to act as lovers with ha ji won. LOL #담보 #collateral #pawn

cr. bernice twitter

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I can't wait for the movie to be released !! hope to be well received by viewer ! Fighting "Pawn " !!! Jiwonn is so beautiful ! :wub:  

7 hours ago, strwbrry said:

sung dong il said, instead of father-daughter, he wanted to act as lovers with ha ji won. LOL #담보 #collateral #pawn

cr. bernice twitter

:lol::lol::lol:

2 hours ago, liv_1023 said:

Is there any full video interview available? Is it broadcasted live?

I have not found nothing yet :huh:

'The Pawn' portrays a family bond like no other

The film marks Ha Ji-won’s return to the screens for the first time in five years since her last film “Life Risking Romance” in 2015. Ha features as the adult Seungi who has grown up in the hands of Jong-bae and Doo-seok. The actress has crossed over genres, trying her hand in action, romance, drama and comedy and creating numerous hits in both television and cinema.  
“I tried to portray the character who had grown up receiving so much love from her ‘uncles,’” Ha said. “It wasn’t something that I could physically show off like action scenes, but I thought it was most adequate to give off an aura of how much she was beloved.”  
The actress said portraying Seungi comforted her in a way that made her feel thankful of the love she receives from her family and her friends.  
“I actually cried a lot,” Ha admitted. “But they weren’t tears of sadness — I cried because I was moved by the warmth I received from the duo. I thought this [relationship] is what family is, and I strongly believe that the audience will feel the same way after seeing the film.”

Sung and Kim said that the chemistry that they show off from the ongoing variety show “House on Wheels” on tvN can be seen in the film as well.
“We decided to feature in the show to promote this film,” Sung admitted truthfully. “On the very last episode of the show, our family — Ha, Kim and I will get together so that the audience can get a peek into what it means to travel as a family that hadn’t been told in the film.”

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2020/08/12/entertainment/movies/The-Pawn-Sung-Dongil-Kim-Heewon/20200812192100371.html

I don't watch any House on Wheels ep., but I will try before Jiwonn's ep. :D I missed Jiwonn on Variety Show !!! I hoped and I hoped that she will be a Master Quest in LSG' show but ...I still hope :D

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@andra3 since jiwon’s news that she will guest in House on Wheels i did watch all their episodes already and I find the show comforting and relax to watch coz they’re all so laid back and you won’t really feel the pressure :) 

As for Master in the House and Knowing Brothers are the variety show guesting I want her to be in :sweatingbullets:

@liv_1023 i am also waiting for the video on that one :(

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, strwbrry said:

@andra3 since jiwon’s news that she will guest in House on Wheels i did watch all their episodes already and I find the show comforting and relax to watch coz they’re all so laid back and you won’t really feel the pressure :) 

As for Master in the House and Knowing Brothers are the variety show guesting I want her to be in :sweatingbullets:

@liv_1023 i am also waiting for the video on that one :(

I waited for her to be a guest in 3 Meals a day too with Ok Taecyon and Lee Seo Jin :D

Jiwonn update her IG ...two beautiful and cute girls ...

Animated GIF

Animated GIF

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Ha Ji-won starring 'Pawn' adds new flair to 'tear jerker' films

optimize
Director Kang Dae-gyu, second from left, poses with actors Sung Dong-il, left, Kim Hee-won, right, Ha Ji-won and Park So-yi during a press event held in Seoul, Wednesday. / Courtesy of CJ Entertainment

By Kwak Yeon-soo

The family drama "Pawn" is a "tear-jerker" film that offers a unique yet touching exploration of a family, according to the film's cast. It revolves around Doo-seok (Sung Dong-il) and Jong-bae (Kim Hee-won), debt collectors who look intimidating but are actually kind-hearted.

The two go to collect debt from an illegal immigrant named Myung-ja (Kim Yun-jin), who offers her 9-year-old daughter Seung-yi as collateral. 

But Myung-ja gets deported and the two are left to look after Seung-yi. The younger Seung-yi is played by child actor Park So-yi, and actress Ha Ji-won plays the older version of the character.

Sung explained that "Pawn" isn't about the traditional definition of a family, it holds a message that highlights the importance of caring for our neighbors.

"As a father of three children, I feel responsible to tell a warm story with heart that all families can agree on," he said during an online press conference for the film in Seoul, Wednesday.

Returning to the cinema for the first time in five years, Ha said she was moved to tears when she first read the script.

"After reading the script, I thought we need to hear this kind of impactful story that delivers a sense of hope and positivity. I was able to empathize with Seung-yi's emotions. I'm sure that many audiences will be touched by the unusual relationship between Seung-yi, Doo-seok and Jong-bae," she said. 

Kim said he liked the fact that the film illuminated the importance of human connections when society puts so much focus on materialistic things.

"We're living in a time where connections between people are fading away. Although the characters aren't 'blood-related,' they spend time together at home. I think it's a special experience to get closer with non-family members and be able to feel their presence," he said. 

optimize
Sung Dong-il, left, and Ha Ji-won in a scene from the film "Pawn" / Courtesy of CJ Entertainment

Director Kang Dae-gyu said he was delighted at the opportunity to work with Sung, Kim and Ha.

"Because Sung and Kim are close friends in real-life, they had great chemistry on set like Tom & Jerry," he said. 

Having worked with Ha in "Duelist" and "Haeundae" before, Kang said "Ha is a reliable actor who is able to evoke realistic emotions into her performance. Even when we had to film the same scene multiple times, she was always ready to call upon the same emotion when playing the character."

On child actor Park, Kang lauded her energy and enthusiasm. "Finding young Seung-yi's character was a tough process. The audition went on for months until I found So-yi. She was incredibly attentive on set," he said. 

Park, who also starred as Hwang Jung-min's daughter in "Deliver Us From Evil," was chosen among 300 candidates who auditioned for the role of young Seung-yi. 

Kang said he hopes the audience will recall warm memories through '90s set props and fashion style. The filmmaker previously helmed hit prison drama "Harmony" and has worked on scripts for "The Himalayas" and "Confidential Assignment."

"The art team tried to add a retro flair to Doo-seok's house, furniture, traditional crafts and street fashion in order to achieve a '90s vibe. The CD player also plays a key role in delivering the main theme of the film," Kang said. 

"Pawn" is set to hit local theaters in September.

Link: http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.amp.asp?newsIdx=294288&newsIdx=294288&__twitter_impression=true

• Like 3

1 hour ago, andra3 said:

I waited for her to be a guest in 3 Meals a day too with Ok Taecyon and Lee Seo Jin :D

Jiwonn update her IG ...two beautiful and cute girls ...

yasss, that one too 3 meals a day and 2 days and 1 night before :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, strwbrry said:

Woaa yes, it's already 4 years, right since Kang Ho Dong ask for Jiwon's appearance in Knowing Bros when he called through Chun Jung Myun? I'm also awaiting for Guerilla Date when Jiwon will be given the Ice Cream that Kim Tae Jin promise for. :p 

Btw, do you have any information about LLR? I saw the box office in Wikipedia is only below 1M? Is it true? I really enjoy LLR tho, I think it is entertaining movie with the season of thriller and a plot twist..

As much as I want see her in many variety shows, I do hope she will proceed with Bigwang well first :) 

9 hours ago, andra3 said:

Funny and smart idea for a yogurt CF ...Warrior Lady Probiotics :lol:

I'm waiting ~~~ more Jiwon please :D 

Oh and how I'm happy today that we can see even a preview from HoW for next week :'D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, liv_1023 said:

Woaa yes, it's already 4 years, right since Kang Ho Dong ask for Jiwon's appearance in Knowing Bros when he called through Chun Jung Myun? I'm also awaiting for Guerilla Date when Jiwon will be given the Ice Cream that Kim Tae Jin promise for. :p 

Btw, do you have any information about LLR? I saw the box office in Wikipedia is only below 1M? Is it true? I really enjoy LLR tho, I think it is entertaining movie with the season of thriller and a plot twist..

As much as I want see her in many variety shows, I do hope she will proceed with Bigwang well first :) 

I'm waiting ~~~ more Jiwon please :D 

Oh and how I'm happy today that we can see even a preview from HoW for next week :'D

For LRR, it was only showed to selected theaters in Korea that’s why, since it was not a sole korean movie project. 

And it was also the time that China limits their entertainment content from foreign countries. So, quite a lot of factors hahaha

with eng sub Pawn movie trailer

• Like 1
  • Love 1