♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

q: you’re a drama daesang award recipient & a 10-million movie lead actor. your next goal as an actor?

ha ji won: there’s a lot of goals. first, i’m a little thirsty for movies. i have played a lot of characters & done many genres in movies, but i want to do more natural acting.

translated by bernice

>> so Ha Ji Won will be focusing more on doing films, based from her recent interviews. Welcome back to CHUNGMURO SCENE :Pandabulous:

• Like 3

q: ha ji won is the barometer to tell if an actor is good in action. are u proud?

hjw: yes, i’m proud of it. (laughs) the reason i like action is bc i think it‘s another language expressed by the body. when i do action, i use the basics as my base & express myself as i please.

q: you always have good chemistry with the actors you work with. your secret?

ha ji won: i don’t put up my walls. [i’m] just open. i just give and take all in. i think i enjoy being in harmony/tune [with my costars] that i’ll continue acting. 

SOURCE

translated by bernice

• Like 3

on her films that didnt so well at the BOX-OFFICE

ha ji won: its upsetting&sad but u just have to accept it. u have to do your best as an actor & leave the rest to the audience. i cant say BO results dont affect my choice for my next film. im not impatient but i always want a good film.

on her next film, bi-gwang, directed by lee ji won

ha ji won said: “i decided to do it because of the scenario. it’s nice because the character is different from the ones i’ve done before.”

SOURCE

translated by bernice

WOW another bigwang snippets from jiwon :) 

• Like 2

Ha Ji Won Talks About New Movie With Sung Dong Il, Different Genres She’s Worked In, And More

Oct 3, 2020

Ei-2yF_UcAI9SwR?format=jpg&name=900x900

Ha Ji Won recently sat down for an interview to talk about her most recent film “Pawn” with Sung Dong Iland Kim Hee Won.

“Pawn” is about Doo Seok (Sung Dong Il), a debt collector who looks intimidating but is actually soft-hearted. One day, he goes to collect debt from an illegal immigrant named Myung Ja (Kim Yoon Jin), who gives her young daughter Seung Yi as collateral. However, Myung Ja is eventually deported, and Doo Seok is left to raise Seung Yi as her guardian. The younger Seung Yi is played by child actress Park So Yi, and Ha Ji Won plays the older version of the character.

“Pawn” is Ha Ji Won’s first Korean film in nearly four years. In a few scenes, she had to portray a 20-year-old college student, and regarding that, she said, “I strongly opposed acting as a 20-year-old, but the director thought those scenes would smoothly lead to the second half of the movie. I really didn’t want to do it, but I had no choice. So I tried to look as young as possible by paying a lot of attention to my hair and outfit. I wore something neat and clean like a shirt and jeans, and I aimed for a more refreshing appearance by choosing make up that would make me look younger.”

When asked how she felt after watching the completed movie, she shared, “I saw the finished movie for the first time at the press conference, and I really enjoyed it. I really wanted to see if the emotions of the younger Seung Yi and the older Seung Yi would connect well. It might be different for every person, but this is a movie that makes you think about fathers. Every daughter has a father, but they’re all different. My father passed away when I was really young, so I miss the moments when I could call him ‘dad.'”

Ha Ji Won also talked about acting with Sung Dong Il and becoming one of his on-screen daughters. She commented, “I didn’t know, but he said I was his oldest daughter. So he even joked that it would’ve been better if we had acted as lovers and not as a father and daughter. However, he truly treated me like a real daughter on the movie set. I’ve always liked his natural acting, so I really wanted to try a project with him.”

The interviewer pointed out her role in this movie might feel a bit different because she usually appears in romance and melodramas. She said, “I played many roles that are younger than my age. Now I want to play a character that can be expressed with my age or a role that fits my age. I have filmed many projects, but I hope this will open doors to more opportunities in the future.”

Ha Ji Won has been acting for 24 years, and she shared her secret to being in this industry for so long. She said, “It’s because I really love acting. One day, I might grow tired of it and not want to do it anymore, but right now, I really enjoy doing it, so I am able to put all my energy into it.”

She shared her next goal as an actress, saying, “I have many goals. First of all, I’m always yearning to do more movies. I’ve focused a lot on characters and genres in movies so far, but I want to act more naturally now.”

Ha Ji Won also talked about being known as an action star. She explained, “The reason why I like doing action scenes is because I think action is another language that I express with my body. When I do action scenes, I use the basic moves as a foundation and then try to maneuver my body to fit the moment.”

When asked about her secret to having great chemistry with all her co-stars, she answered, “I don’t put up a wall when I act. I’m just open. I receive what they can give me, and I give them everything I have. I love this kind of teamwork, so I think that’s one of the reasons why I continue acting.”

The actress was also questioned if she was just as open-minded about dating and marriage. She candidly responded, “I’m not determined to date or get married, but I’m not against marriage either. If I want to get married and the opportunity comes, I think it will naturally happen.” Then laughing, she added, “I heard that our country has a low marriage rate, and I think I’m one of the reasons why that’s true.” (Jiwon is so FUNNY :lol:)

LINK

• Like 3

ha ji won on drinking w her co-stars & staff after filming: i’m doing this movie with all these people. i don’t think being an actress separates me from them. it’s not only to build rapport with the other actors but also a way to hang out with staff, makeup artists, people who are working with me.

ha ji won: “even in my next life, i think i’d still want to be creative. someone who plays music, or performs on stage, or draws. even when i’m born again, i want to be an actor, i want to draw, i want to do smthing similar. i want to be reborn as someone who creates smthing new”

translated by bernice

SHE REALLY LOVES WHAT SHE’S DOING.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, strwbrry said:

I don’t think it will be in South America, it is just because Bigwang can be translated as well as South America that’s why :D 

Ah I see.. hahaha... thought it will be film in South America/out of country that's why it keeps postponed due to travel restriction :p 

Oh the interview ~~ it makes me love her more :7555_attack: 

She sounds honest and pure plus she is so confidence yet so humble. I miss her in interview like KBS Guerilla Date. Thanks for the translation! We badly need it :)

4 hours ago, strwbrry said:

Then laughing, she added, “I heard that our country has a low marriage rate, and I think I’m one of the reasons why that’s true.” (Jiwon is so FUNNY :lol:)

Hahaha... witty Jiwon! :hahah!:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Seong Dong-il x Ha Ji-won x Kim Hee-won'Collateral', 1st place on the 4th day 670,000↑

The movie'Collateral', which was released for the Chuseok holiday, maintains the top spot.
Looking at the aggregate computer network for movie theater admission rights by the Film Promotion Committee on the 4th,'Collateral' (director Dae-gyu Kang, provided distribution CJ Entertainment, production JK Film) was viewed by 183,314 people on the previous day (3rd), ranking 1st in the daily box office.

Doo-seok (played by Seong Dong-il) and Jong-bae (played by Kim Hee-won) who have secured their lives by Seung-i (Park So-i) who came without notice. Seung-i, the collateral left to the uncles because of the debt. 'Collateral' depicts the process of three people becoming special to each other.
'Collateral', which was released on the 29th of last month, was pushed to the top of the'international investigation' on the first day (director Bong-han Kim, provided distribution showbox), but is holding the first place for the fourth day from the 30th to yesterday. The cumulative number of audiences was 673,196.

Although the increase in the audience is not large due to Corona 19, it is expected that the breakthrough of 1 million will be safe if the daily audience is maintained.

Running time 113 minutes.

• Like 3

Entertainment2020-10-04 15:09

Heartwarming film 'Pawn' tops Chuseok holiday box office

By Lee Gyu-lee

"Pawn" has stormed to the top of the local box office over the Chuseok holiday, which began on Wednesday. 

The heartwarming, tear-inducing film has sold more than 673,000 tickets in the five days since it hit theaters Tuesday, grossing 5.79 billion won ($4.95 million). 

It opened at second spot on the chart, with more than 67,000 ticket sales, but soon climbed to the top as the holiday started. 

Directed by Kang Dae-gyu, known for the award-winning drama film "Harmony," "Pawn" follows a relationship between two debt collectors ― Doo-seok (Sung Dong-il) and Jong-bae (Kim Hee-won) ― and a nine-year-old girl, Seung-yi (Park So-yi).

The debt collectors took Seung-yi as "collateral" from her mother, who gets deported for staying in Korea without a visa. The two men and her daughter come to develop a family-like bond as they get to know one another.

Actress Ha Ji-won made her silver screen return after three years by playing the older version of Seung-yi.

LINK

• Like 4

0000265999_001_20201005112708842.jpg?typ
'Collateral', No. 1 in the box office for 5 days during the Chuseok holiday... Healing family movie worked

Input 2020.10.05. 11:27 am

'Collateral' No. 1 box office for 5 days → No. 1 reservation rate'Chuseok Healing Movie' (Official)

Input 2020.10.05. 10:57 am

ARTICLE HERE

The winner of the Chuseok theater district is'Collateral' ...#1 in the box office all five days of the year

Input 2020.10.05. 9:38 am
ARTICLE HERE

'Collateral' captivated the audience, No. 1 in Chuseok theater

Input 2020.10.05. 9:22 am

ARTICLE HERE

MK Sports

'Collateral' No. 1 throughout the Chuseok holiday… Chuseok box office hit [MK ★ Box Office]

Input 2020.10.05. 8:07 am
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, SR20DET said:

So happy for the success of Pawn! Just wish I could read those reviews - I can't read Korean unfortunately

same :lol:

It is been said that during the Chuseok holidays due to covid19 fear only 1.8M moviegoers for the span of 5 days, which usually it would be over 10M if there is no pandemic. That is why the productions are only releasing the small and medium sized movies. Still, Pawn movie garnered almost half of the moviegoers during holidays.

• Like 2

MOVIES

Heartwarming Film “Collateral” Notches The Box Office Top Spot During The Chuseok Holiday

By Kimley | October 5, 2020

THE HEARTWARMING FAMILY FILM, COLLATERAL, HAS BEEN THE MOVIEGOERS CHOICE TO WATCH IN THE RECENT CHUSEOK HOLIDAYS.

Collateral notched the top spot of the box office throughout the special holiday. With an ensemble of acclaimed actors in Sung Dong-il, Ha Ji-won, Kim Hee-won, and Park So-yi, the film successfully echoed an endearing message about the concept of family.

AN OVERWHELMING AUDIENCE RECEPTION

As of October 5, Collateral has already garnered 821, 475 cumulative audience attendance since its premiere. This is based from the records of the Integrated Computer Network of the Film Promotion Committee. The movie was released on the 29th of September.

On September 30, the first day of the Chuseok holiday, it raked 97,712 ticket sales which instantly outshined other films in terms of box office performance. On October 1, it recorded 146,643 audience entrance. The following day, it mobilized a total of 177,390 moviegoers.

Thereafter, it has amassed 183,314 and 145,643 audience attendance on the 3rd and 4th of October, respectively.

Aside from its laudable box office performance, the movie also received great reviews from its viewers. It garnered high ratings on major sites. As of 7 am on October 5, the CGV Egg Index recorded it at 97%, Megabox is 9.2, and Lotte Cinema is 8.9. This is exceptionally higher than the ratings of ordinary movies and that speaks volume of the high satisfaction from those who have watched it.

A HEARTENING FILM PERFECT FOR FAMILIES

Collateral gravitates the viewers towards its heartening theme about family. Holidays such as Chuseok Festival and Lunar New Year are considered the most timely events when such heartwarming films are best to watch. It is because people take the time to spend these special occasions with their families.

A unique blend of drama and comedy, Collateral talks about the process of creating a new kind of family from relationships that were unexpectedly built with strangers.

But just like the ordinary type of family, it shows how an unconventional familial bond is founded from love and trust. It gives the viewers a new perspective about the concept of unconditional love.

All the cast rendered stellar performances in their character portrayals which have been instrumental in conveying the film’s message. And it is about creating a warm and loving home among people who are not bound by blood ties.

A SOUL-STIRRING NARRATIVE

Collateral

In the movie, Sung Dong Il plays the role of Doo Seok, a debt collector by profession who has an intimidating outward demeanor with a contrasting warm and caring persona deep within. His duty to collect a debt from an illegal immigrant forces him to take the debtor’s daughter, Seung Yi, as a pawn while the mother look for ways to pay her debts.

The girl’s mother, however, was eventually deported which leaves Doo Seok to take the responsibility as Seung Yi’s guardian. Together with his assistant, Jong-Bae (Kim Hee Won), they will raise the little girl as their own daughter.

Child actress, Park So Yi, portrays the character of Seung Yi. Ha Ji Won takes the grown up role of Seung Yi.

Indeed, the film has proven its deep and relevant message as it continues to have a strong foothold of the top spot in the box office.
SOURCE

• Like 2

ha ji won’s criteria for choosing her next work? “first, the scenario. second, the character. i think an actor is like a time traveler. i want to enter and see this world even just once; i choose a work when i want to feel and express [myself]. i have to empathize with the character. sometimes there are instances when the character is so sad i want to protect her. or the character is so enchanting i want to live as her.(?) it differs from time to time.” 

ha ji won said she thinks timing is important when choosing her next work. according to her, there were missed opportunities in the past when she was doing manhunt and chocolate. “i want to do so many things, a villain role or a genre with a strong story, things i haven’t tried.”

link: http://www.sisaweek.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=138027

• Like 1