♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

Guest gj_fil

Thank you all for the latest pictures of HJW! :lol:

Her birthday is near! How I wish I can greet her personally! :rolleyes: *day dreaming*

I think that's a great idea! Like I said before, the more you know about HJW, the harder it is not to like her :)

I'll start off!

Did you know that...

HJW agreed to do "Miracle on 1st Street" with Directer Yoon JeGyoon without even reading the scenario!

This story shows that HJW is a very loyal and hardworking person :D

Taken from Director Yoon Je Gyoon's "Miracle on 1st Street" Production Diary http://maxmovie.segy...y=&search=title

Some background information: Yoon JeGyoon and HJW had worked together before previously for "Sex is Zero" where HJW played a college aerobics athlete. They worked together recently for "Sector 7"

*quoted image*

Before deciding to do "Miracle on 1st Street", I spent 3 years trying to create a piece of work.

Writer, Yoo SungHyeop, and I decided that the female lead would be a poor boxer who has not given up her dream. The problem came afterwards. I prefer realistic acting and cinematography, and I wanted a female lead who could surpass Hillary Swank's performance in "Million Dollar Baby". That is not possible with only camera tricks. I needed an actress who had as much skill as a real boxer.

Which Korean actress is capable of surpassing Hillary Swank? My conclusion was Ha JiWon. To be honest, other than JiWon, no other actress came into my mind. It was only Ha JiWon, and I believed it was only possible for Ha JiWon.

I called JiWon and JiWon's management company's president and planned a meeting. The next day, I went to JiWon's management office with a 5-page synopsis, determined and prepared.

*quoted image*

JiWon and I caught up with each other and talked for a while. Then, I took out the synopsis from inside my jacket, like taking out a dagger, and put it down infront of JiWon.

"JiWon! Right now, there is nothing I can say but to trust me. I really want to do this project with you, and if you do it with me, I promise you that I will not let you down. For 3 years, I failed in starting 5 projects and this is my final choice. I'm not just asking you for a favor because we are close friends. You are the only actress who can take this role and it can be noone else but you. Please read it and call me back!"

"What about the scenario?"

That's right. To try to cast a lead actress without even showing her the scenario is hard to believe. This situation must have confused her. I came to cast her for a movie with no scenario and just a synopsis. It must have seemed strange.

"Yes~ I'm writing it right now. I'll send it to you as soon as it's finished!"

I was so embarrassed, I felt like getting up and leaving, but JiWon spoke again.

"Wait! Since this is this synop, I'll read it right now~"

I sat back down. JiWon read the synopsis very seriously, and...

"It's nice~ But, Director, could you promise me one thing?"

"What?"

"Please write the scenario well. Then, I'll do this project!"

I couldn't believe my ears. I stared at JiWon absent mindedly for a long time.

*quoted image*

I found this out a while later: although JiWon considers the scenario, for her, trust and loyalty are the most important.

These days, I wonder how many actors will agree to do a project without even reading the scenario? I was moved to tears by JiWon's decision and I am still thankful.

With JiWon's loyal decision, the preparations for filming "Miracle on 1st Street" started rapidly.

The problem was JiWon's boxing training. Previous world champion, Byun JungIl, was to be JiWon's boxing coach. The gym she was to train at was the current world champion Kim JooHee's gym. However, JiWon had never boxed before. She also did not know how hard it was.

The day JiWon went to the gym, to be introduced, we saw Kim JooHee training. Jiwon saw how hard she was training and opened her eyes widely and told me!

"Director! I don't think I could do this~"

I started sweating and I told her

"But you signed the contract..."

I was busy with preparing for filming, so I was not able to visit JiWon while she trained. 3 months after she started training, I found time to visit her. I was curious about how much she improved. I saw Jiwon inside the ring.

"Gahh!!!"

*quoted image*

JiWon inside of the ring seemed like a human-weapon. Instead of sparring with another female boxer, Jiwon had been sparring with martial arts director, Jung DoHong. I had seen her with my own eyes, but she did not seem like Jiwon. That beastly person inside the ring was definately H JiWon.

The boxing scene for "Miracle on 1st Street" took 4 days. Because of the setting of the gym, we had to film for more than 12 hours a day. When Jiwon had other scenes to film, she always took her personal trainer along and continued training. She is an actress I respect deeply.

The first day of filming the boxing scene, we started filming the 1st round. We started filming at dawn and filming had to stop after one hour. This was because JiWon's punch had caused the other boxer (who had been the current Korean female boxing champion)'s nose to bleed. After seeing blood, JiWon started panicking. Because she is tender-hearted, JiWon could not continue acting naturally after that. This is the first time I ever got mad at JiWon.

"IS THIS WHY YOU SUFFERED FOR 6 MONTHS!? IF YOU WERE GOING TO BE LIKE THIS, WE SHOULD HAVE USED A STUNT-DOUBLE, WHY DID YOU SUFFER?"

Seeing, JiWon cry in front of me hurt my heart, but I had to do this to continue filming. After this incident, the filming-site was quiet and filled with a chilly air. Everyone, Jiwon, the other boxer, Jung DoHong, and I were silently going crazy. Thankfully, Jiwon pulled herself together and, for over 10 hours, hit and got hit. I don't know why, but monitoring JiWon made me cry.

*quoted image*

The last day of filming the boxing scene! Everyone, Jiwon, the other actors, and the staff, had filmed for over 40 hours during the past 3 days and nobody was in sound mind. As we filmed the last round, an accident occurred. This time, as the other boxer's punch hit JiWon's nose, JiWon screamed and fell to the floor.

JiWon's nose was swollen and she had bruises all over her face from the past 3 days. Furthermore, JiWon fell to the floor and lost consciousness. The filming site turned chaotic. JiWon's manager put her on his back and took her to the athlete waiting room. We were in a state of emergency. This was our last day that we could use the gym for filming, so we had to finish filming by the end of the day. However, the main actress had fainted from an injury.

The moment we decided to take JiWon to the emergency room and finish the last round with stunt doubles, we received a call that JiWon had woken up. We all ran to the athlete waiting room.

We all looked at JiWon with regretful expressions and JiWon opened her mouth with a hard expression

"Director! I'm sorry~ I'll continue filming after 10 minutes..."

Everyone in that room began to cry.

Like that, JiWon returned to the ring and filmed for another 5 hours. If I think about it again, all I could say is that she is strong. It was a miraculous experience.

Like that, the boxing scenes for "Miracle on 1st Street" finished safely. Everyone cheered and it seemed like we were finished, but JiWon took my arm and dragged me to the ring.

"Director! Could I ask you one favor?!"

*quoted image*

All of a sudden, Jiwon asked me a favor. I remember it being more of a threat than a favor. JiWon asked me to spar for 3 rounds with the female boxer that she had filmed with.

I said, the boxer could get hurt while sparring and got out of the ring, but JiWon and the other staff started clapping, so I got back into the ring.

And... after 3 minutes I KOed.

JiWon and the staff grabbed their stomachs and laughed and I put my head down in embarrassment.

That was when I realized it... Boxing is this hard... It is a very hard sport.

That's right! Even running for 1 round is hard, but JiWon did this for over 40 hours for 4 days. If I think about it right now, that is not possible for a human to do.

JiWon! I have so many things to say to you, but before I say that I really want to say thank you. I thank you, not as a director, but as a person. You made a miracle that no other actor could have made. Through that hard filming, you never stopped smiling and showed your bright personaility. You put your all into this movie...

I always wanted to say this to you. Ha JiWon, a long time ago, you were the best, right now you're still the best, and in the future you will always be the best!

hello there! i've finally gathered the courage to post here. =P i'm such a huge fan of HJW! And it's so true that "the more you know about HJW, the harder it is to not like her." she's just amazing! :wub:

thank you so much rainluver012 for sharing facts about HJW! Really appreciate it! :D

Guest amy235

@RAINLUVER012

BRILLIANT!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THAT WITH US..

I bet there's no other actresses that as amazing as her.. she's the one and only Ha Ji Won ;)

Wahhh by reading that I gain more respect for her..

She has a great passion in acting that's why she's willing to challenge herself doing new things eventhough it's hard..

If I get a chance to meet her in real life, I want to hug her and tell her how amazing she is.

She gives me inspiration to become a better person. :P

Ahh how I wish I could share one like that, but I don't know much la..

All I know is just simple facts like,..

- she likes to drink cappuccino even before secret garden

- she likes to cook kimchi fried rice (watching from family outing, 100% propose, an interview in her house)

- her birthday is on June 28 coming soon!!

- her brother is also an actor, Jeon Tae Soo

For the rest, I'll give the chance to someone else to write as well huhuhu B)

@dj92

Welcome to this thread!! *grouphugging* :wub:

@niknokdagu425

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out now! hehehe

-edit-

does anyone know where can I find the english translation of this song??

Love her voice.. so sweet and soft..

Guest niknokdagu425

@RAINLUVER012

BRILLIANT!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THAT WITH US..  

I bet there's no other actresses that as amazing as her.. she's the one and only Ha Ji Won  ;)

Wahhh by reading that I gain more respect for her..

She has a great passion in acting that's why she's willing to challenge herself doing new things eventhough it's hard..

If I get a chance to meet her in real life, I want to hug her and tell her how amazing she is.

She gives me inspiration to become a better person.  :P

Ahh how I wish I could share one like that, but I don't know much la..

All I know is just simple facts like,..

- she likes to drink cappuccino even before secret garden

- she likes to cook kimchi fried rice (watching from family outing, 100% propose, an interview in her house)

- her birthday is on June 28 coming soon!!

- her brother is also an actor, Jeon Tae Soo

For the rest, I'll give the chance to someone else to write as well huhuhu  B)

@dj92

Welcome to this thread!! *grouphugging* :wub:

@niknokdagu425

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out now! hehehe

-edit-

does anyone know where can I find the english translation of this song??

Love her voice.. so sweet and soft..

HELLO YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE MOVIE IN THE DRAMACRAZY.NET smile.gif

HELLO!!! I'm an avid fan of Ha Ji-Won ssi since Secret Garden. After watching it, I can't help but to search everything about this AMAZING YEOJA. :wub:  I've watched Family Outing, Golden Fishery, almost all of her movies (except the horror ones :D), and all her interviews. After watching those, I can say that HJW is really a ROLE MODEL for me!!! She's ALMOST PERFECT!!!:wub:  She is really ONE OF A KIND! I hope to see her in person but I think it will just be a dream because i'm here in the PHILIPPINES and I don't know if she will visit her fans here. Hwang Jin Yi was showed here in the Philippines also about few years ago and I get to see HJW for the first time but I  got addicted to her in SG! :))

I'm glad that I've found this thread and I THANK YOU for all your informative posts here!! Kamsahamnida!!! :)

I JUST WANT TO ASK WHERE CAN I WATCH 'WHAT HAPPENED IN BALI' AND 'DAMO'???? ARE THOSE SERIES AVAILABLE IN YOUTUBE? KAMSAHAMNIDA! ^_^

BTW, I am a NEWBIE here.. :lol:

[Let us keep supporting HJW!!!]

I JUST WANT TO ASK WHERE CAN I WATCH 'WHAT HAPPENED IN BALI' AND 'DAMO'???? ARE THOSE SERIES AVAILABLE IN YOUTUBE? KAMSAHAMNIDA! ^_^

BTW, I am a NEWBIE here.. :lol:

[Let us keep supporting HJW!!!]

hi there and welcome!

you can watch WHIB and Damo in Dramafever (if it's available in your country).

DAMO : Damo link Dramafever

WHIB : WHIB link Dramafever

I don't know about youtube though...

Ha Ji won~ you amazing woman! i appreciate korean movies and drama series now because of you~ Ha ji won is the only korean actress im interested! I really love how she laughs coz i can feel that she is sincere and genuine~ her eyes is really innocent, sincere... she can act through her eyes without saying any lines and still deliver the emotion of that scene! I admire her sooo much and i love her! Hope she will continue inspiring people! Advance Happy birthday Ji Won! we love you!

@ RAINLEVRO12, YOU ARE AWESOME ALWAYS...THANK YOU SO MUCH SO MUCH FOR THIS posting!

She is such great actress  I  respected in this life time of mine,its beyond words to describe her.... she just that GREAT!

Whatever you ask she has it, she has great personality, down to earth , humble , compassionate n like the director said "tender heart' i lke that!

Give me a good reason not to Love her.. she the most respected actress by all directors she has work with n they are alway full of praise!

STAY COOL FOREVER HA JI WON!!!!

Guest amy235

sorry to ask here, did our ha ji won have any official fb or twitter? i curious to know about that. thanks ^^

Hmmm I think she doesn't have fb acc but I saw her twitter 'hajiwon_bot'.. some says thats not her

I'm not really sure about this..

Let's start the countdown of HA JI WON upcoming birthday!!

9 MORE DAYS TO GO!!!

Guest razelcada

Hello everyone!

It's my second time writing today, I already written the first one then when I will post it, BOOM! It's GONE! My internet just sucks so bad. mad.gif

Well anyways, thank you for those people who shared their HJW goodies. happy.gif

Welcome to newbies! Let's keep our AMAZING YEOJA's thread ALIVE and KICKING in 2 years... and for the following years. sweatingbullets.giftongue2.gifwub.gif

I will put my comments and reactions in a spoiler box 'cause I think it will be long again. laugh.gif

Hello RAINLUVER012!

Thank you for that JUICY and MEATY info of our AMAZING YEOJA! happy.gif

She really works hard to all her projects whether it's a movie, series, music video, and even CFs. happy.gif

Omo! She has gotten herself so many accidents and injury already. I wish she should be more careful now. I remember watching somewhere that while filming HWANG JIN YI she also FAINTED due to fatigue and stress. But after a bit of rest, she continued with it. I really salute her for being a PROFESSIONAL actress. She's really my number 1 favorite actress. I really admire her passion in ACTING. And especially, despite the HARDSHIPS of her work, she ALWAYS CARRIES HER SMILE WHICH LIGHTENS EVERYONE. wub.gif

Hello amy235!

That's a good idea. Let's make an everyday countdown of her birthday, movie premiere, and so on. laugh.gif

I just recently finished watching What Happened in Bali. I actually downloaded the whole series and now I'm downloading DAMO. Omo! I just don't obviously love this actress. laugh.gif I even have a copy of her movie like 100 days with Mr. Arrogant and Daddy Long Legs. Whoah! Thank you for your GIFs by the way. I watched Family Outing and other variety shows she guested at and she's a really humurous and happy person. Her trademark "WOOOWW" is so cute and funny. happy.gif And who would not have thought that our amazing yeoja sleeps like a model? laugh.gif So funny! Anyways, the HAJIWON_BOT at twitter is not really ha ji won. The user put it in her profile, "It's just parody twitter.I'm not real." 

Hello camz!

Welcome to the thread!

Let's spread Ha Ji Won craze here in our country! I'm so glad to found other Filipinos here at soompi. happy.gif

I wish Ha Ji Won will really really really have an 1023 International for fans like us not in KOREA. phew.gif

Good night Jiwonnees.

Hello everyone!

It's my second time writing today, I already written the first one then when I will post it, BOOM! It's GONE! My internet just sucks so bad. *quoted image*

Well anyways, thank you for those people who shared their HJW goodies. *quoted image*

Welcome to newbies! Let's keep our AMAZING YEOJA's thread ALIVE and KICKING in 2 years... and for the following years. *quoted image**quoted image**quoted image*

I will put my comments and reactions in a spoiler box 'cause I think it will be long again. *quoted image*

Hello RAINLUVER012!

Thank you for that JUICY and MEATY info of our AMAZING YEOJA! *quoted image*

She really works hard to all her projects whether it's a movie, series, music video, and even CFs. *quoted image*

Omo! She has gotten herself so many accidents and injury already. I wish she should be more careful now. I remember watching somewhere that while filming HWANG JIN YI she also FAINTED due to fatigue and stress. But after a bit of rest, she continued with it. I really salute her for being a PROFESSIONAL actress. She's really my number 1 favorite actress. I really admire her passion in ACTING. And especially, despite the HARDSHIPS of her work, she ALWAYS CARRIES HER SMILE WHICH LIGHTENS EVERYONE. *quoted image*

Hello amy235!

That's a good idea. Let's make an everyday countdown of her birthday, movie premiere, and so on. *quoted image*

I just recently finished watching What Happened in Bali. I actually downloaded the whole series and now I'm downloading DAMO. Omo! I just don't obviously love this actress. *quoted image* I even have a copy of her movie like 100 days with Mr. Arrogant and Daddy Long Legs. Whoah! Thank you for your GIFs by the way. I watched Family Outing and other variety shows she guested at and she's a really humurous and happy person. Her trademark "WOOOWW" is so cute and funny. *quoted image* And who would not have thought that our amazing yeoja sleeps like a model? *quoted image* So funny! Anyways, the HAJIWON_BOT at twitter is not really ha ji won. The user put it in her profile, "It's just parody twitter.I'm not real." 

Hello camz!

Welcome to the thread!

Let's spread Ha Ji Won craze here in our country! I'm so glad to found other Filipinos here at soompi. *quoted image*

I wish Ha Ji Won will really really really have an 1023 International for fans like us not in KOREA. *quoted image*

Good night Jiwonnees.

whoaa! you are a Filipino too?? omo! You are so lucky to watch WHIB.. can you tell me where can I download or watch the series online?? PLEASE!!! I really wanted to watch that.. :tears:

thanks in advance!!!! kamsahamnida!

hi there and welcome!

you can watch WHIB and Damo in Dramafever (if it's available in your country).

DAMO : Damo link Dramafever

WHIB : WHIB link Dramafever

I don't know about youtube though...

aww.. it's not available. :tears:

but thanks to your effort anyway.. :)

Guest amy235

@ razelcada

I also wish the same about the international 1023 fanclub. I want to be her official fan :)

Let her know she has many international fans..

In my opinion, she's a bit underrated internationally :(

Actually, how to have a fanclub? Do we start on our own??

I've never experience this..

I personally love this video..

Ha Ji Won Happy Virus

Credits to MKangetu

@ camz

I watched damo here!

But the video quality is not that good.. hope this helps :)

Guest liway1430281933

@ RAINLUVER012

Thank you for your great post,your post is always informative to the HJW fans.It's nice to know that she is very loyal to the people whom she's close with. She accepted the movie without knowing that she'll be beaten up and suffer a lot while doing that movie. No other actress will do this kind of movie especially if the actress have surgery in her face. It only prove that HJW is a natural beauty.

BTW, I'm watching Damo this past few days and I'd say that this is HJW best drama. It's similar to WHIB in terms of love story, HJW character is torn between two man and quite confused who she really love.  But there's some question i'd like to ask to people here who'd watched Damo. In WHIB we all know that JIS is the one she love. But in Damo, is it the police captain or the rebel leader? and Is HJW role Chae OK is aware that the rebel leader is her brother but then she still fall for him?

camz

I JUST WANT TO ASK WHERE CAN I WATCH 'WHAT HAPPENED IN BALI' AND 'DAMO'???? ARE THOSE SERIES AVAILABLE IN YOUTUBE? KAMSAHAMNIDA! ^_^

WelcomeI at HJW thread kabayan,  I don't think WHIB is available in YT but Damo, I think there is... try to look at this link

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=hO9gAxXIGsM