♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

Sorry to say this but this drama is looking more and more like a joke to me.  Mbc is so greedy and FNC is pulling a one package deal sticking their idols into this drama that HJW will definitely hard carry. It's not that these two idols should not be given a chance. It just that they should not star alongside HJW when they are not true actors/actresses bc it honestly cheapens her image as an A-list actress.

I don't know what she is doing but the dominant consensus from the media is that she has downgraded. This will be like Moon lovers :( How will she recover from something like this? She's not getting any younger so these career choices are a bit risky :( MBC can't even get her a bonafide male lead. Why can't a nice, beautiful and talented person like HJW get her stuff together? TT

• Like 3

Ha Ji Won to Star in MBC ‘Hospital Ship’, Becoming a Doctor for the First Time

12.png

Actress Ha Ji Won is confirmed to play the character of Song Eun Jae, a talented surgeon, in the MBC drama ‘Hospital Ship’. It will be her first time to try a doctor role since her debut, and she will be making a comeback after 3 years since starring in the MBC drama ‘Empress Ki’.

MBC’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama ‘Hospital Ship’, which is scheduled to air this August, is a human island medical drama portraying a doctor who conducts medical activities aboard, in an island where the medical infrastructure is underdeveloped. In the island, she becomes a true doctor who is full of sincerity.

Song Eun Jae, the name of the character that will be played by Ha Ji Won, is a talented doctor who makes surgical treatments possible in a hospital ship with a simple procedure. She grows up as a scientifically gifted person, and studies in the science department and medical school, the best university hospital, and becomes a gifted surgeon. All of her success is always met without much difficulty. However, an unexpected event is brought. She always competes to win and does not know how to make close friends. Therefore, she often gets into trouble because of her arguments with the old people on the island.

The ‘Hospital Ship’ production team delivered, “Drama ‘Hospital Ship’ focuses more on stories that rarely show a doctor. We decided that Ha Ji Won seems to fit in portraying the main character. Please look forward to her acting quality as a doctor full of warmth in this drama”.

Source: (1)

LINK

there's nothing we can do since she confirmed it already, and let's see how she will gonna portray this character... I think what makes HJW apart from A-list actresses is that she does solely relies unto herself, no matter whom she will be with but as long as she just feels the character, thus she will really take it no matter what, so I think that's how she defines herself as an actress.

Of course, us fans would like her to be quite greedy to have and choose a competent production, skilled writer and director, veteran actors, etc... behind her works or to work with her. Due to the fact that it is always the basis for a big chance of success.BUT nahhhh HJW is not the case that we would like her to be, she chooses the different path, or we can also site other factors such as limited choices of offers, or agency connections. You know how entertainment industry works.

@Camillajames but really sis, I could feel your frustration, and understand your sentiment :) it is just really a sad fact that she's losing her touch recently... that's normal as a celebrity coz change is there always, so let's just wait for another chances where she'll gonna shine at her best again.

• Like 3

@TheRatchetFool_1023 just because other A-listers have suffered the same fate doesnt make it less downgraded. It is not an upgrade that is for sure and the buzz around this drama is that she is doing charity work for MBC. As a fan i just wish she would choose projects that would be positive to her career :( bc this industry is not forgiving towards actresses of a certain age having continuous less than successful projects :(((  BUT what can we do? it is her choice, I just wish she was stronger and could decline the project to send a msg to the industry about sticking idols into dramas but sadly due to her loyalty to the writer she wont :((

@ferlycious she's seriously not that old to be playing a role of a mother imo :((

• Like 3

Yup, let's see this drama first then we'll judge why HJW chooses it. If it is not good then HJW better be more objective, rather than ruling her feelings just because she knew the writer or someone behinds it. 

I am so done with her movie choices lately, working the same writer for the one who wrote the huntresses, then the recent Life risking romance..... just really not my style. If she'll do it for the third time, nahh IDK.

• Like 3

Well, I guess we really need to wait until the drama airs for us to pass judgements. The thing is that we're already thinking it's gonna be a bad drama just by looking at the little info we have. Admittedly her choices have been appaling ever since she left Wellmade, and if this drama does flop, it would be really disappointing. But I still feel we're a bit overly concerned about this drama. Shouldn't we wait till at least they release the teasers?

• Like 4

Great praise from a great actress for our Queen 

Kim Bo-yeon "Ha Ji Won, a wonderful junior" 

Image result for Kim Bo-yeon hwang jin yi

I first saw Ha Ji Won in the MBC drama 'Damo' and when I saw her I thought 'I would have done that role if I was young'. ". "When I look at Ha Ji Won, my old image comes to mind. In the past, there were rare actresses doing martial arts, but I was a Taekwondo master.

Also, Kim Bo Yeon appeared together with Ha Ji Won in KBS 'Hwang Jin-yi. "I was really surprised to see such a great character. Ha Ji Won greeted all the staff very well. She was very cool. Ha Ji Won seems to grow very nicely as an actor. It is a healthy learning of spirit. " 

http://v.entertain.media.daum.net/v/20170622162347617

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ferlycious said:

Yup, let's see this drama first then we'll judge why HJW chooses it. If it is not good then HJW better be more objective, rather than ruling her feelings just because she knew the writer or someone behinds it. 

I am so done with her movie choices lately, working the same writer for the one who wrote the huntresses, then the recent Life risking romance..... just really not my style. If she'll do it for the third time, nahh IDK.

I hear you :( although, i did not know that the Huntress and LIfe risking romance was by the same writer. They were not my style of films as well, as much as I like her I could not watch those movies and didn't even bother finishing TTTWNIL (even saying the title made me cringe LOL). Can't she work with other talented writers? I also noticed she's never done a drama for any of the cable networks, I wonder why? I'd rather take less money and have quality writing/producing than be apart of something grand and mediocre like something MBC & other major networks isn't afraid to produce. I would like to even see her in an indie film or working with young talented writers. Fingers cross since the chance of her dropping out is slim to none :( 

@TheRatchetFool_1023 i think pl would be less reactive if we could at the very least get news of other established actors leading the show but one day it is this idol and the next day it is another idol :(

Also, her makeup free face always look so radiant to me. The Max mara appearance from the makeup( too much makeup), down to the styling was way off. I hate seeing this happen to her, it breaks my heart seeing how she isn't welled looked after by her staffs at this new agency compared to when she was at Wellmade :( 

• Like 2

Lee Seo Won Joined Ha Ji Won in Hospital ship as a oriental doctor.

20170623103900858ovhg.jpg

http://v.entertain.media.daum.net/v/20170623103901146

I don't know nothing about this young man but I suppose that for HS drama will be cast more young actors and actress cz the drama story is about the growth of the young doctors aboard the ship. I look forward for the first teaser. I can't wait to see what character Jiwonn will play a gentle one, a naughty one, a lovely one or something between... anyway fighting HS, fighting Jiwon, you are the best in everything you do!!!  

• Like 2

The plot is very similar to Romantic Doctor. HJW will be the senior doctor and her job is to train a bunch of young doctors with little experience. KMH will pair with KMA.  The lead actor is a rookie. I've seen him once in "The Heirs" and he played Krystal's boyfriend. Will watch it regardless of who is the lead actor.  I'm not happy with the story without romance and co-star with a bunch of rookies. ^_^

• Like 1