♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

New episode of Ha Jiwon's Disclosable Secret is up!

How I envy those people, I could have just as easily been eating in a local restaurant like this when she came in! The French toast she had happens to be one of my favourites too. It's loaded with sugar and fat, but she can sure afford to enjoy it since she's so fit and active!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So cute and funny Jiwonn,  youtube video "Try to pretend  that you are a celebrity, in Hong Kong" HAEWADAL Chanel

Those HK students don't recognize her and she : They didn't watch Secret Garden !!!??? :lol:

• Like 2

sad ... the last vid from HAEWADAL , Ha Jiwon's Disclosable Secret, 

" Please also noted that Ha Jiwon's Disclosable Secret, will temporarily turn to irregular upload schedule~~~ If you get questions about Ha Jiwon after watching , Ha Jiwon's Disclosable Secret, please feel free to leave your comments on the channel community, we will answer your questions one by one. SEE U SOON ON THE NEXT VIDEO!!!!!"

• Like 2

Sad to hear that Ha Jiwon's Disclosable Secret will not be a regular feature, but guess she's going to be too busy filming the upcoming movie. Looking forward to seeing her on screen again, though to be honest I sometimes enjoy watching all these little moments of her just as much, if not more, as they actually give an insight into her real personality as opposed to the characters she plays on screen!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

And here's her interview with that famous Youtuber. It's quite a long clip, just too bad I don't understand Korean! I wish someone could translate and subtitle or at least give a rough summary of what they're talking about, but for now I'm content with watching her talk with her usual cheery sweetness and contagious laugh.

Video credit:  대도서관TV (buzzbean11)  on Youtube

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, dianah de guzman said:

Hello everyone, I am new here. I’m a big fan of HJW after watching hospital ship. 

A warm welcome! I'm pretty new here too, and like you, I only got to know about Ha Ji Won last year after watching Hospital Ship. Do log in often and read through all the past posts too if you have the time, there's a ton of info to be found here!

• Like 1

@SR20DET hi, thanks for the warm welcome.:blush: I watched HS just last month! (I know, pity me!). I was so amazed at how good HJW is! My friend told me, “girl, how can you not admire HJW?! She is Skor’s nation’s actress!” Then she told me to watch secret garden and empress ki. I also watched some of her movies (manhunt, duelist, closer to heaven and as one), as always, such an ace actress! Always on point! So now i am trying my best to finish asap the empress ki so i can move to her other dramas. Any reco what’s next after EK?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dianah de guzman said:

@SR20DET hi, thanks for the warm welcome.:blush: I watched HS just last month! (I know, pity me!). I was so amazed at how good HJW is! My friend told me, “girl, how can you not admire HJW?! She is Skor’s nation’s actress!” Then she told me to watch secret garden and empress ki. I also watched some of her movies (manhunt, duelist, closer to heaven and as one), as always, such an ace actress! Always on point! So now i am trying my best to finish asap the empress ki so i can move to her other dramas. Any reco what’s next after EK?

I know how you feel, and I'm glad I'm not the only one! She's insanely pretty, but beyond that I was amazed at her screen presence and acting in Hospital Ship, and I wondered who this actress who captured my heart like no other actually was, so I wasn't surprised to learn how great she actually was when I started searching for more info on her. And I wondered how I could have missed her out as a casual watcher of Korean dramas (I didn't follow any dramas religiously prior to discovering HJW but I would watch casually whenever my family or friends had the TV on)

I don't know which of her older movies or dramas you can access from where you are, but I would actually recommend trying some of her earlier dramas like Secret and What Happened in Bali. The characters she plays in these aren't actually very likeable at times but they showcase her ability as an actress, and you can see that even though she was still quite new and her acting was less polished back then, she already did so well and had so much potential. And of course, if you haven't already seen it, Damo, which was one of the milestones in her career. For more recent ones, The Time We Were Not In Love was apparently not rated highly by a lot of people, even her fans, probably because of the script and the fact that people are used to seeing her in really strong, unconventional roles, but it actually shows a side closest to her real personality, sweet and down-to-earth, so I think it's still worth watching.

As for her movies, I can think offhand of the ones I've watched, Phone, Love So Divine, Haeundae, Sector 7 and Life Risking Romance. You'll find her character in every movie very different, a testament to her versatility and ability to transform herself and become that character.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@SR20DET thanks for the reco! Damo will definitely be in my list.

I agree, she is very versatile and very effective. Just finished watching the movie “As one.” I was so surprised to find out that she doesn’t know how to play table tennis — Yes she did undergo 2 months training (but for other cast member, they had 3 months training). But wow, in the movie it looks so real! I admire her dedication.

After watching HS, i checked some BTS. She is bubbly and always smiling but when the camera starts to roll.. Gee! Haha! I talk too much! I am just happy to be part of this thread. Will she be having a new drama this year? Or movie? In her IG posts, she was busy preparing for her fan meetings. I really hope she will get to visit my country!

• Love 1