Su Ae 수애 | Soo AE

71e

Happy New Year! 

Seems that Kim Kang Woo is slated to be the male lead in Soo Ae's new drama. He looks a bit like Kwan Sang Woo, the one who starred in Yawang with Soo Ae. 

Kim Kang Woo Joins Soo Ae In Talks To Star In Mystery Drama

Jan 7, 2021
by J. K

Kim Kang Woo is considering a role in the upcoming JTBC drama “Gong Jak City” (working title).

On January 6, it was reported by YTN that Kim Kang Woo has been offered the male lead role in the drama and is considering it. His agency King Entertainment later confirmed with Hankook Ilbo that he’s considering an offer to appear in the show.

It was reported in December that Soo Ae is also in talks for the psychological mystery thriller drama, which is about the tangled relationships between characters with various ambitions and desires in a society that hides its dark side.

“Gong Jak City” will be helmed by Director Jeon Chang Eun, whose filmography includes dramas such as “The Package” and “Mystic Pop-Up Bar.”

Credit https://www.soompi.com/article/1447317wpp/kim-kang-woo-joins-soo-ae-in-talks-to-star-in-mystery-drama

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

February 4 2021

Soo-Ae & Kim Kang-Woo cast in JTBC drama “Duke City”

Duke_City-tp1.jpg

Soo-Ae and Kim Kang-Woo are cast for lead roles in JTBC drama series “Duke City” (literal title). Soo-Ae will play Yoon Jae-Hee. She is an ambitious woman and wants her husband to become the president. Kim Kang-Woo will play Jung Joon-Hyeok. He is married to Yoon Jae-Hee. Drama series will be directed by Jeon Chang-Geun(“Mystic Pop-up Bar“/”The Package“).

“Duke City” will air sometime during the second half of this year in South Korea.

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Yoon Jae-Hee (Soo-Ae) is the second daughter-in-law of the chaebol family who runs the Sungjin Group. She works at art gallery Space Jin. In the past, she had a boyfriend she dated for years, but she dumped him to marry Jung Joon-Hyeok (Kim Kang-Woo). Jung Joon-Hyeok was born out of wedlock to the chaebol family.

Yoon Jae-Hee wants to make her husband the South Korean president. For that, she cooperates with the next public prosecutor general and she begins a war against her in-laws.

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/soo-ae-kim-kang-woo-cast-in-jtbc-drama-duke-city

• Like 1

I really like her in Mask! I can't believe I overlooked this actress years ago. She's actually beautiful and talented. She can express all the emotions and give justice to her role. Now, I'm tracking back almost all her dramas. I started with the Sweet stranger and me. I like her doing romcoms. She's also funny. Emperor of the Sea which the story is good and Love Letter where the two male leads are handsome. I personally love the chemistry between her and Ju Ji Hoon.  Waiting for Soo Ae's comeback. New fan here.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Happy she is back. 

Duke sounds like High Society. Also Kim Kang Woo was in it too. A reunion?

This is third time she plays an ambitious female character?

No expectations. Don't want to be disappointed  hehe

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

@Floral Lee Thanks for the update. She has no news, not even news about her filming sure not like other celebs.  Wonder if she has this look in the drama.  The looks of Queen of Ambitions. 

I like the pic with the dog best, her genuine happiness smiles

• Love 1

New photos of Soo Ae today by her agency. Enjoy! I think she looks beautiful in all the pictures but I especially like the ones where she is in the black evening gown :) 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Source https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=31651855&memberNo=31542741#

Edited by serenilmauve
Please hide more than 3 images in spoiler tags. Thanks!
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Actor Soo Ae donates 100 million won to people hit by Covid

Actor Soo Ae [STUDIO SANTA CLAUS ENTERTAINMENT]

Actor Soo Ae [STUDIO SANTA CLAUS ENTERTAINMENT]

Actor Soo Ae donated 100 million won ($86,600) to the international humanitarian development NGO Good Neighbors, according to the organization on Monday. 

“Soo Ae’s donation will be used to help people in need of support due to Covid-19,” Good Neighbors said in a press release on its official website. 

This includes living expenses, scholarships and Covid-19 prevention kits. 

According to Good Neighbors, it was not the first time Soo Ae made a donation to the organization. She previously donated 50 million won last year to aid senior citizens who live alone. 

Soo Ae was registered as a member of “The Neighbors Club” in October last year, which recognizes individuals who have donated at least 10 million won annually and offers them the chance to take part in serving the community. Other members of the club include celebrities like singer Lee Seung-chul, model Byun Jung-soo and actor Kim Hyun-joo. 

By  SHIN MIN-HEE [shin.minhee@joongang.co.kr]

Covid has really made the lives of many in the world so miserable. It was really great of her to chip in to help the less fortunate. Wish her happiness and good karma for all the kind deeds that she has done.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR3JCDujhfq/   

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR5IiGGsazi/ 

Actor Cho Seung Woo sent a coffee truck to Soo Ae on the filming site. This was on 28th July. Still keenly waiting for her new drama to be broadcast. 

• Love 1

• 1 month later...

On 11/2/2020 at 7:58 AM, Floral Lee said:

Sigh :( Soo Ae has decided not to appear in the drama “Now, we are breaking up” due to scheduling conflicts. 
Well, I think we will just have to wait for her future plans. I really like her but I don’t understand why she always has to face so many problems with her work. Really wish her to have very good career opportunities coming her way. Good luck, Soo Ae sshi! 

On 11/2/2020 at 10:02 AM, jekireng said:

Yeah:( tae oh also drop the drama, so the problem is from production team I guess. Some said they will start the production on oct but until today it did not happen

On 11/10/2020 at 2:12 PM, Floral Lee said:

I am feeling sad because it seems that another actress may be taking the role up. Personally, even if I am not a fan, I feel that Soo Ae fits that role better (her height definitely and acting skills). 
Hope that there are news that she is having another project cos she mentioned scheduling conflicts. 

From what I read the production had to pospon the filming due to covid.

However from the media, the production proposed first to Song Hye Kyo who declined the offer. They proposed the project after to Soo Ae, but because they posponed  due to covid and it created a conflict in her schedules she had to turn it down. Finally they went back to Song Hye Kyo who finally accepted the role, probably because they filmed this year.

Now We Are Breaking up filmed April 2021 to September 2021, instead of in 2020.

I am happy she found another project.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

spacer.png

Soo Ae, Kim Kang Woo, And More Impress With Their Acting In 1st Script Reading For Upcoming Mystery Thriller

Nov 3, 2021
by S. Nam

Upcoming JTBC drama “Gong Jak City” (literal title) with Soo Ae and Kim Kang Woo held its first script reading!

“Gong Jak City” takes place against the backdrop of an art museum that belongs to Sung Jin Group, a major conglomerate that holds the reins of the political and financial worlds in South Korea. It is a psychological mystery thriller about the things that disappear when humans become greedy and ambitious for power.

Star actors including Soo Ae, Kim Kang Woo, and more have joined the cast, and their passionate script reading raised even more anticipation for the upcoming drama. In addition to director Jeon Chang Geun and scriptwriter Son Sae Dong, lead actors Soo Ae, Kim Kang Woo, Kim Mi Sook, and Lee Yi Dam were present to test their chemistry together for the first time. Despite it being their first time working together, the actors showcased suspenseful and immersive acting, captivating everyone on set instantly.

Soo Ae stars as Yoon Jae Hee, who is in charge of the operations at Space Jin, the art museum owned by Sung Jin Group. She is also the second daughter-in-law of the family that controls Sung Jin Group. Not only did Soo Ae impress with her powerful acting, but she also skillfully portrayed her character’s tenacity and goals to go higher with an elegant yet firm voice.

Kim Kang Woo plays Jung Joon Hyuk, Yoon Jae Hee’s husband and a revered national anchor. He’s a complex character with an inferiority complex over being labeled “the illegitimate son of Sung Jin Group,” and he aims to achieve the greatest position in order to no longer have to be greedy. Kim Kang Woo completely immersed himself in his character, using his trademark charm to help lead the atmosphere on set. Viewers are looking forward to the synergy that will arise between Jung Joon Hyuk and Yoon Jae Hee, especially as Yoon Jae Hee tries to make her husband the president.

Soo-Ae-Kim-Kang-Woo.jpg

Kim Mi Sook has taken on the role of Seo Han Sook, who is Sung Jin family’s most influential figure. The actress portrayed Sung Jin group’s power and class with a dignified charisma. Furthermore, Lee Yi Dam will play Space Jin’s docent Kim Yi Seol, who will develop a strange tension with Yoon Jae Hee.

Actors Lee Hak Joo, Lee Choong Joo, Kim Young Jae, Kim Ji Hyun, Kim Joo Ryoung, Seo Jae Hee, and more also portrayed their characters well to complete the world ruled by Sung Jin group, showcasing great acting synergy and raising anticipation for the upcoming drama.

The production team shared, “We felt reassured all throughout the script reading while seeing the actors acting and showcasing a charm beyond that of the characters. Everyone is doing their best so that the actors’ synergy can be directly conveyed via the small screen, so please show lots of anticipation and interest.”

JTBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Gong Jak City” will premiere on December 8 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Yay, finally! 

• Love 1

Artificial City (known previously as Duke City / Sabotage City) posters 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Stills from new Korean drama Artificial City :love:

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Provided by History DNC and JTBC Studio

원문보기: 
https://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202111120925003&sec_id=540201&pt=nv#csidxd2df5d50287927096b2a30710703ff0 http://linkback.khan.co.kr/images/onebyone.gif?action_id=d2df5d50287927096b2a30710703ff0

• Love 1