Su Ae 수애 | Soo AE

71e

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Soo Ae ssi :heart:

Winners Of 2018 Korea Best Star Awards

award6.jpg

The winners of the 2018 Korea Best Star Awards have been announced ahead of the ceremony.

The Korea Best Star Awards are held by the Korean Film Actor’s Association. Chairman Kim Kook Hyun said, “Many industry officials and actors have confirmed their attendance for this year’s award ceremony, so I’m certain that it will be an event that wraps up the past year of the film industry.”

He added, “All of the creative artists including filmmakers will work together to move viewers and give more hope in 2019.”

Check out the full list of this year’s winners below:

Achievement Award: Shin Sung Il

Director Award: Yoon Jong Bin (“The Spy Gone North”)

Indie Film Director Award: Jeon Go Woon (“Microhabitat”)

Best Actor Award: Lee Soon Jae (“Stand By Me”), Kim Yoon Suk (“Dark Figure of Crime”), Jang Dong Gun (“Seven Years of Night”), and Soo Ae (“High Society)

Best Supporting Actor Award: Kim Dong Wook (“Along with the Gods: The Last 49 Days”) and Jin Seo Yeon (“Believer”)

Best Popular Star Award: Sung Dong Il and Lee Kwang Soo (“The Accidental Detective 2: In Action”)

Korea’s Best Singer Award: Ailee

Best Entertainer Award: Bae Jung Nam

Best Rookie Award: Lee Ga Seop (“The Seeds of Violence”) and Jeon Yeo Bin (“After My Death”)

Best Indie Film Star Award: Kim Ga Hee (“Park Hwa-young”)

Best Drama Star Award: Seo Hyun Jin (“The Beauty Inside”) and Girls’ Generation’s Seohyun (“Time“)

The 2018 Korea Best Star Awards will take place at the Seoul Grand Ballroom inside of the Grand Hyatt on December 12 at 5:30 p.m. KST.

Congratulations to all of the winners! :grin:

article-12.jpg

optmize-2.jpg

Source (1)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's a bit unexpected news.  The reviews weren't good, i wonder why the award? 

Doesn't she look way too skinny? Almost unhealthy looking. Guess must be too much pressure being an actress in Korea. 

Please come back with a good drama for us in 2019 :D

• Like 3

Even though High Society might not be as good as what the film reviewers have expected, her acting chops are still there. Awards help to motivate people so hopefully it will motivate her to take on more projects :) 

I think her figure is very good  :rolleyes:  I prefer her to be on the skinnier side but of course not skeletally thin. In Mask, she looked more plump in the beginning and skinnier in the later part. I feel that she was prettier when she was skinnier :) 

Yes. She should film more dramas and movies for the next few years before she gets married or having a family. 

201886121544606985.jpg

20181212193530_P_00_C_5_680.jpg

2018121218195032688_1.jpg

201812121957309410_6.jpg

83018_87911_4026.jpeg

83018_87910_3828.jpeg

83016_87905_3118.jpeg

83011_87898_642.jpeg

83012_87899_1416.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Soo Ae's Contract With Star J Entertainment Is at an End

photo1046336.png

On March 25th, Star J Entertainment announced that its contract with Soo Ae would end on March 31st. She first signed with the agency back in 2001. Soo Ae's most recent drama projects with them include "Mask" and "The Man In My House". She also did the films "Run-off" and "High Society - Movie".

It seems likely that the relatively poor performance of these projects compared to Soo Ae's star power led to her seeking new representation. As of yet she has made no new commitments with any other agency and considering the future of her career alone.

In a statement, Star J Entertainment said that was an honor to work with Soo Ae although the directions they were facing had started to diverge. They wished her support for a better tomorrow and good health.

source

I hope she gets wonderful new opportunities in the new Agency she ends up signing with...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, irilight said:

Soo Ae's Contract With Star J Entertainment Is at an End

photo1046336.png

On March 25th, Star J Entertainment announced that its contract with Soo Ae would end on March 31st. She first signed with the agency back in 2001. Soo Ae's most recent drama projects with them include "Mask" and "The Man In My House". She also did the films "Run-off" and "High Society - Movie".

It seems likely that the relatively poor performance of these projects compared to Soo Ae's star power led to her seeking new representation. As of yet she has made no new commitments with any other agency and considering the future of her career alone.

In a statement, Star J Entertainment said that was an honor to work with Soo Ae although the directions they were facing had started to diverge. They wished her support for a better tomorrow and good health.

source

I hope she gets wonderful new opportunities in the new Agency she ends up signing with...

This has been her agency for 18 years and she left once in 2013 and returned in 2015. I thought she would stay there forever. I don't know whether to be happy or sad about this news. Since the second time she came back, it seems that the company was very low profile and did not do publicity for the artistes. A bit frustrated actually, from a fan's point of view. On the other hand, this was the company that saw her gaining fame in the earlier days. So I do not know why things turn out like this. 

I have a feeling that either she will join a new agency or maybe slowly doing her own things, not showbiz related. She is one of the Korean actresses that I like. Really hope she can appear soon, whether in drama or movie or CF or any promotion.

Edited by Karen Yii
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Karen Yii said:

This has been her agency for 18 years and she left once in 2013 and returned in 2015. I thought she would stay there forever. I don't know whether to be happy or sad about this news. Since the second time she came back, it seems that the company was very low profile and did not do publicity for the artistes. A bit frustrated actually, from a fan's point of view. On the other hand, this was the company that saw her gaining fame in the earlier days. So I do not know why things turn out like this. 

I have a feeling that either she will join a new agency or maybe slowly doing her own things, not showbiz related. She is one of the Korean actresses that I like. Really hope she can appear soon, whether in drama or movie or CF or any promotion.

@Karen Yii, Thank you for all the information. I did know she has been with them for a long time,  but I can also see that lately the projects she receives are not so good. She can do a lot better, with better projects.

She is an A list actress who has proven herself again and again.  I hope she finds an agency worthy of her talent and prestige. And I hope they get her terrific projects.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Some updates for Soo Ae :) 

She is now signed on to a new agency! Her new agency is Huayi Brothers Korea (Korean: 화이브라더스 코리아), formerly Sim Entertainment. Its current artistes include Yoo Hae Jin, Joo Won, etc. Can't wait to see her on screen :) 

• Like 4