[drama 2004] Sunlight Pours Down 햇빛 쏟아지다

Guest xosandy

Just finished this series and loves the storyline, loves JHJ character the most, but the ending...for god sake just let JHJ and SHG be together... period. I don't think SHG choose to be with the other guy neither, which is good I just hated that he forced SHG to marry him. I think at the end the three of them just remain good friend. Right???

nice to see this thread active again. i loved this because of SHG. She was so pretty with bangs. And she looked good with JHJ. How's JHJ now?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant seem to find subs for this series. does any1 know where i can get 1 either hard or soft subs? thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
Guest chimei

i watch this drama 2 times and love the story.....Ryu Seung Bum is so damn hot..eventhough he's not in a handsome man category but he got a very sweet smile..so cute.. :blush: i just like the ending..hahaha...i think Min Hoo..deserve it...he waited for so long and sacrifice his life only for that woman..that's so sweet..and i just like the ost..especially this song..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJoKrzEODVM

anybody have a lyric for this song please!!!!!! :sweatingbullets:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I did not know that there is a thread for this wonderful drama. Thanks xosandy for creating this. Jo Hyun Jae and Song Hye Kyo are every compatible in this drama. They beat Song Seung Hun-Song Hye Kyo or Bi-kyo IMO. They both possess the same heart-warming looks. Their love story is unforgettable. The ending is very sad. I think it's more sad than Autumn Tale's ending because in Autumn Tale, at least they get to be "together" after life. In Sunlight, even though they see each other everyday, they have to hide their love. I find that very cruel. Personally, I believe that SHK character still loves JHJ's. What proves that is when she goes back to the countryside they went together once; she eats the birthday cake and silently tells him that she has received it. She cries so painfully thinking about the times they had together. And what more? When RSB asks her if she loves him, she does not answer.

Gosh, it's my second favorite heartwrenching K-drama after Autumn Tale.

Hi NarcissusBD, I am a SHK follower and I do like JHJ, I have been searching for this drama elsewhere with English sub of course, but I can't find one, Can anyone here help me where I can

view the drama? I also would like to get a copy for my collection. Please help, thank you.

tisyav@yahoo.com

• 2 months later...

xosandy, or anyone who has a cd or video of this drama with English sub.

pls. let us know how we can get a copy - I want to include this video in my collection.

I really want to have a copy. please reply here = hope SHK's fans still view this site.

• 5 months later...

Haven't been to this thread for a long time. It's not a very popular drama especially it's SHK's. I still like it alot and will recommand it to every one. Give it a try and hope you'll like it as much as I did.

After all, I'm a SHK's fan. I like all her works. She always gives her best in every single project, IMO. And JHJ, what a hottie.

Just stopped by to see how every one is doing. Enjoy watching (if you ever do) and support SHK.

See you around.

• 1 month later...
Guest conduongmuathu

I totally addicted JHJ from this drama when it was showed in Vietnam many years ago. The first time I saw him I thought I really love this guy!!!

Anyway... I don't think this drama was more sad than Autumn Tale. I think it was pretty light. I love the chemistry of JHJ - SHG.

This drama really touches my heart a lot.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ruishi

can someone please english sub this drama. i so wanna watch this! and i'm sure there are a lot of people searching for an english sub as well.

• 2 months later...
Guest buddhjie14

We'll be waiting for you Jo Hyun Jae, be safe in your Military Service! Happy New Year! Just 1 more year, we'll see you again! Fighting!

• 4 months later...
Guest buddhjie14

Happy 29th Birthday Jo Hyun Jae!

Even thought I'm not able to watch this drama,

I'm sure this is good.

I still want to watch this and see how you portrayed your character here.

I hope you're doing great!

Be safe always!

Happy Birthday and God bless!

Guest riehae

I kinda like the drama... not the best but nice.

I just don't like the ending.

I'm quite bias to Kyo-Hyun.

Guest PerKy

For everyone who wants to watch it, you can watch it using the link below. It's korean audio with chinese subs. I don't think there are any english subs for this drama. At least, I haven't been able to find any for it anywhere. But enjoy!

I don't like the ending very much. But it was a good drama.

This link's episodes aren't split into parts, so it's a whole episode.

http://www.tudou.com/playlist/id/427581/

This link's episodes are split into 3 parts. Meaning episode 1 is split into 3 parts and same for the other episodes.

http://www.tudou.com/playlist/id/592097/

• 9 months later...

Spoiler: Song Hye Gyo loved JHJ but because of his father murdered her dad long ago, they cannot be together. In the end, she chose to be with the cop guy Ryu Seung Beom and remained friends with JHJ. SHG also gave up the inheritance money of JHJ's dad and said that she finally forgave his father for what he did. The ending was so so but I love the fact that SHG ended up with RSB.

Actually, JHJ's father here didn't kill SHG's father. The murderer is the guy adopted by JHJ's father. What JHJ saw when he was a child was his father choking SHG's father, but JHJ's father didn't really choked him to death. JHJ's father stopped choking SHG's father when he heard his son making a sound at what he saw. Of course, the young JHJ didn't see that the man his father is choking did not die because he fainted as soon as he saw his father choking another man. He just assumed that his father killed somebody. SHG's father was killed outside in an alley by the guy adopted by JHJ's father, and he killed him because he had a weird sense of loyalty.

It is not clear that SHG ended up with RSB. In fact, the ending hinted at the 3 of them being friends. THis is a very bad ending for a lot of people because viewers wanted a definite ending - SHG with RSB or SHG with JHJ.

JHJ is really just the second lead in this drama, RSB the main male lead. But while the drama is airing, more fans wanted SHG to end up with JHJ's character. But the production couldn't do that. Apparently, the director of the drama is related to RSB (not sure if they are very close friends or related by blood). So to satisfy everyone - they ended the series without a definite pairing - which, ironically enough, didn't satisfy anyone. :lol:

Here is Shirley (a JHJ fan from China) writing about this drama:

photo5655.jpg

I love almost all of Jo Hyun Jae’s TV dramas and movies, except for one. And that is “Sunshine”. Well, I enjoyed the beginning part of the drama, up to Episode 6. And I think Hyun Jae looked just like a prince in the drama. Plenty of praises have been devoted to this topic. But I had to stop watching in the middle of Episode 7 and haven’t picked it up ever since. I was put off by some rather “touchy feely” things done by Eun Sup (the Jo Hyun Jae character). Let me be more specific.

If my memory serves me right, in Episode 6, Eun Sup had only known Yeon Woo for about 10 days. And what a 10-days it was! In those 10 days, Eun Sup was ruthlessly dumped by his former lover and had to stay with some total strangers just to hide from his own estranged father. He also lost his passport and could not go back home. It was rather amazing that he was not in a state of “mental wreckage”, having gone through all these in such short period. A mere 10 days would be too short for one to recover from the pain of loss after a long-term relationship, let alone start to pursue a new one. At least that is my humble opinion.

But to my surprise, in the middle of Episode 6, Eun Sup started to comment on the relationship between Yeon Woo and Min Ho, which I took as a sign of showing interest in the leading lady. Eun Sup was then a half stranger to Yeon Woo’s family which kindly took him in. And along the way, Yeon Woo had secretly developed some feelings for him . But he didn’t know anything about it. He was expected to leave soon, after gathering all the necessary travel documents. He was also aware of Min Ho’s love for Yeon Woo and sensed the reluctance on Yeon Woo’s part. I think he should not have made such a comment. By all means, one’s personal feelings is something, just like it is called, quite personal. That means now he had set his eyes on Yeon Woo? In that case, how should I label a charactor who can so easily forget and then quickly fall in love again (even if the girl was quite unusual and had remarkable qualities)? I know I would not use the word “solid” here. (By the day, he reminded me of Jung Woo Jin in “Love Letter”, who knowingly wedged himself between Andrea and Eun Ha. I don’t blame him for loving Eun Ha, but I detest what he did to the relationship between her and Andrea.)

Then a few minutes later, Eun Sup made an excuse and tried to get so close to Yeon Woo that eventually he forced her to stand up and leave the table. Eun Sup sensed her uneasiness but asked her why she couldn’t bear to be so close to him, but would allow Min Ho to do that. OK, this time he found himself an excuse, that he was seeking friendship. Even if I could accept it at face value, I found it a bit bogus. Aren’t we all yearning for true, trustworthy, long-lasting friendship? But we don’t really go asking to have a 10-day acquaintance substitute for a twenty-year long friendship. It is not possible. And “Thou ought not invade other people’s personal space” would be Social Etiquette 101. I don’t really expect a well-bred Korean-born Frenchman to do such a thing.

In Episode 7, both Eun Sup and Yeon Woo started to work for Soo Ah, who was Eun Sup’s ex-girlfriend. One day, Soo Ah told them that the cake made by Eun Sup was highly praised by the financial backer she was seeking for, and encouraged them to make an even better one that could meet the financier’s specific needs. Of course they congratulated themselves for the achievement. Eun Sup was so happy that he put his hand on top of the girl’s and would not let go of it. I was still puzzled with this when the final blow came.

Actually, there was a very sweet and sad moment in that part of the drama. Watching Eun Sup sifting the powdery ingredient for the cake reminded Yeon Woo of her father. She had flashbacks of her father working and smiling at her in her mind. She was too lost in her memory to notice that Eun Sup was waving at her all this time. Coming back to real life, Yeon Woo found out that Eun Sup was asking her about how she was doing on the cream. Then Eun Sup tried to show her how to correctly use the whisker. OK, to all the girls out there, if a man wants to show you how to properly make whipping cream, in which way would you expect him to do it?Normally, one would expect that person just to pick up the whisker and whisk away. Or maybe hold your hand if you know each other very well. To have someone wrap you in his arms and show you how to do it? Mm, you tell me who that person could be. But that was exactly what Eun Sup did to “show” Yeon Woo the correct way of making whipping cream. To me, that was the bottom line.

Playwrights can portray the unspoken attraction between two characters in very beautiful ways. When the affection is secretly broiling under the placid surface, the emotions are very delicate and beautiful. It is better to let actors’ eyes and expressions do the work. Witty and interesting conversation definitely helps. The characters should adhere to the “hands-off” policy (if there is such a policy, but you know what I mean) until later when the time is right, in my opinion. In this drama, the lead male character was never touchy-feely to the leading lady. That means the scriptwriter knows how to make a character respectful. So to have Eun Sup behave in this Casanova fashion, the purpose was to instill some kind of imperfection in the second leading male character, I would have guessed. I was not sure which direction this character of Eun Sup was heading towards. To avoid more of such scenes or other “evil” traits that the second leading man normally must possess in order to make the first leading man more attractive, I did all a viewer could do when facing unwanted scenes — stopped watching. I did just that.

(Since then, I learnt from other viewers that our prince had gracefully bowed out of the tangled relationship and there was no more “evil” spirit other than what I have felt dumped on his character. But I still don’t have the heart to pick up from where I have left. Maybe some other time.)

credit: wulijohyunjae for the English translation

Does anyone know where to download or watch this drama with english subs? i've been searching for it but can't find it yet.... i've only seen a preview of the drama, seems like a must watch drama since SHK's in it, she's soo gorgeous!! and her acting is like the best...

the whole series is available at www.veoh.com. here's the link to ep 1 http://www.veoh.com/search/videos/q/jo+hyu...of%2520sunshine

you should be able to get the other episodes from the link above. A word of warning though, the English subtitles can give you nosebleed!!! They are so bad at some points that they spoil the drama somehow, but just soldier on and you will get the whole story later on. Good luck

I think the reason why many were disappointed by the ending it's because the whole story focused too much on SHK being in love with JHJ. SHK's expressions and feelings in the entire show are only meant for JHJ. Then unexpectedly, the story had a 160 degrees turn and SHK ended up RSB. It's like what?? If the director really wanted SHK to end up with RSB, he should have created scenes that shows SHK being confused on the man she really likes. Yes, there's some cute RSB and SHK scenes together but I think it's not that deep as compared to JHJ and SHK. The case for example, when RSB tried to kiss SHK in the car. After their lips slightly touched, SHK left the car and cried. If she does like him, why would she cry? It's not the looks that matters but the fact that SHK was in love with JHJ from the start up to the end--but chooses RSB over JHJ is the worst ending I've seen so far.

i agree with this analysis on why viewers were disappointed with the ending of the drama. for most of the drama, the writer showed SHG in love with JHJ and sees RSB only as a friend. love should not be treated as a reward to a friend but as a gift that 2 people "in" love should share.

on further analysis, i think RSB's character is a little selfish. he knows that SHG doesn't love him and yet he pushes himself on her, without regard for how she truly felt in her heart. if he was truly a good friend, and if he truly loves her, he should have allowed her to be happy with the one she truly loves without laying a guilt trip on her.

that's why i like JHJ's character more. he may have started out as a selfish, rich brat, but his interactions with SHG's character and her family really made him grow up. in the end, the rich brat became mature enough to let go of the girl he loves, while the seemingly "unselfish" friend was just so happy that SHG didn't end up with the handsome, rich guy even if he knows that SHG still loves that handsome, rich guy.

Archived