[2006 Philippines] MAJIKA

Guest ejay1

Guest ejay1

Angel Locsin, Dennis Trillo, Katrina Halili, etc.
Fantasy Television shows are really big in the Philippines. Rivaling the popularity of translated Korean Imports and Chinese Dramas in the Philippines.

Plot overview

Sabina was a little girl when her parents and siblings disappeared under mysterious circumstances. As a young woman years later, she learns that her family was actually abducted and taken to the world of Saladin. Her family are all originally from Saladin, and that they are in fact Salamangkas - natives of Saladin who are able to wield magic. She realizes that in order to be reunited with her family, she must learn and master magic and enter Saladin

For more info visit this site

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majika

Here is the music video of Majika...it has bits and pieces of the show in it

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_b3grqFsJY8

The little girl who plays young Sabina(Ella Cruz) is adorable

http://www.igma.tv/showvideo.php?videoid=5057&videosize=1

• 3 months later...
Guest Choi Ji Woo

Majika_den-angel.JPG

Majika

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Majika is a Filipino fantasy-themed television series about wizards, known as Salamangka, that inhabit the world of Saladin, where magic is the way of life. The series is produced by GMA Network. Its pilot episode aired on March 20, 2006.

Plot Overview

Sabina was a little girl when her parents and siblings disappeared under mysterious circumstances. As a young woman years later, she learns that her family was actually abducted and taken to the world of Saladin. Her family are all originally from Saladin, and that they are in fact Salamangkas - natives of Saladin who are able to wield magic. She realizes that in order to be reunited with her family, she must learn and master magic and enter Saladin.

Characters and Cast

Sabina (Angel Locsin) / young Sabina (Ella Cruz) - a seemingly ordinary girl who lived in the world of mortals but is unknowingly the one destined to become Saladin's most powerful female Salamangka; the eldest child of Garam and Ayesa.

Argo (Dennis Trillo) - a Salamangka who will help Sabina achieve the full potential of her inherent powers

The family of Sabina - Salamangkas who fled Saladin and lived peacefully in the mortal world but were later abducted and brought back to Saladin

Ayesa (Carmina Villaroel) - the mother of Sabina; daughter of Markadan

Garam (Zoren Legaspi) - the father of Sabina; a pupil of Markadan

Jimboy/Erastus(Rainier Castillo) / young Jimboy (Miguel Tanfelix) - Sabina's younger brother

Sara/Pria(Ryza Cenon) / young Sara (Sandy Talag) - Sabina's younger sister

Markadan (Eddie Garcia) - a powerful Salamangka imprisoned under the Black Lake

Eloida (Jean Garcia) - a white Salamangka who adopts Sabina; daughter of Markadan. The biological mother of Juno.

Adana (Gina Alajar) - the adoptive mother of Juno who will do everything for Juno to become the most powerful Salamangka in Saladin

Ebrio (Polo Ravales) - a Salamangka who is envious of his brother Argo

Juno (Katrina Halili) - a Salamangka who will become Sabina's rival

The Paters - "masters"; male elders who comprise Saladin’s governing council (their descriptions, "Paters", are attached to their names. Ex: Pater xxxxx)

Balkan (Eddie Gutierrez) - most powerful and chief of the Paters

Aduro (Jaime Fabregas) - the Pater of beasts and creatures

Malko (Nanding Josef) - a Pater who specializes in levitation

Carab (Spanky Manikan) - one of the Paters

Dibin (Gabe Mercado) - the Pater of magic potions

The Umbras - "nymphs" (female spirits) whom the Paters invoke to do their bidding

Naryan (Valerie Concepcion) - one of the two Umbras of Balkan

Lyness (Sheena Halili) - the other Umbra of Balkan

Amyla (Jade Lopez) - Umbra of Aduro

Lyjah (Nicole Anderson) - Umbra of Malko

Vynah (Ehra Madrigal) - Umbra of Carab

Salye (Nikki Lirag) - Umbra of Dibin

Bodyal (Bearwin Meily)

Terman (Jake Cuenca) / young Terman (Darryl Lelis)

Magil (Gene Padilla) - father of Terman; he and his family take in the young Sara

Besay (Mel Kimura) - mother of Terman

Orbal (Dwight Gaston) - he and his wife take in the young Jimboy

Sula (Viviene Dela Cruz)

Perula ([in Command of the slaves thrown in her land)

Godiva (Godiva) - Sabina's steed

(Cannonball) - Argo's steed

Production

Majika is produced by GMA Network, which also produced the telefantasyas Mulawin, Darna, Sugo and Encantadia. It is directed by Eric Quizon (who also directed Darna) and Mac Alejandre. The headwriter is RJ Nuevas who also wrote for Sugo.

Majika's main set for Saladin is in Fantasy World, a theme park in Lemery, Batangas.

The main theme of the series was written and performed by Kitchie Nadal.

The series' title graphic is an ambigram of the word Majika.

Name origins

Salamangka - a local word (derived from Spanish salamanca,or the province of Salamanca in Sunny Spain) for sorcery or witchcraft

Saladin - Saladin was a famous Muslim leader, hero and romantic figure from the Middle Ages. The name also suggests Aladdin, as well as Salamangka.

Pater, Pati - (the latter, a variation of) Latin for "father"

Maten - variation of "mater", Latin for "mother"

Umbra - Latin for "shadow"

Ayesa - a form of the name Ayesha (a sorceress-queen, the title character of several novels and film adaptations, beginning with She) or Aisha (beloved wife of Mohammed)

Godiva - from the legend of Lady Godiva who rode naked on a horse through Coventry

Garam - Malay for "salt"

Balkan - name of place in Eastern Europe consisting of Albania, Serbia and Montenegro, Yugoslavia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Hungary, Romania, and Bulgaria

Dibin - slang for"divine"

Argo - in Greek mythology,name of a vessel used by the Argonauts in tavelling to Troy.

Juno - wife and sister of Zeus in Roman mythology

Pria - simplified form of Mt.Priam in Italy. (for correction, "Fria" meaning cold, maybe for being cold with her sister Sabina)

Sabina - named after a TV series character, "Sabrina, the teenage witch"

Majika Episode Guide

W01:

W02:LURING'S HOUSE (March 27-31, 2006)

Sabina’s and Luring’s paths cross again. Princess attempts to unravel the mystery that cloaks Luring’s house but she fails. Sabina tries to enter Luring’s house next, driven by her need to find her lost family. Sabina also discovers that Eloida does have powers. At first, Eloida is resistant to Sabina but once she realizes the child’s determination, she accedes and begins teaching Sabina the art of magic.

W03: SALADIN (April 3-7, 2006)

An intensive study of Majika is what Sabina must go through in order to prepare herself for the world of Saladin. Sabina accidentally discovers how to go from one realm to the other by using the drawing. Is this the right time for Sabina to finally enter the world of Saladin? Or is she still too naïve to handle what awaits her there?

W04: JUNO (April 10-14, 2006)

Juno can not help but feel a sadness in her heart now that she knows about Argo and Sabina. During a task Janus is suddenly attacked by a giant ghost. Sabina suddenly shows up and blocks the attack. But does she have enough power to save Janus? Her successful defense earns her the respect of those around her. But an envious Juno decides to blow Sabina’s cover by announcing that Sabina is a girl in disguise. And just when Sabina thinks things can not get worse, she and Eloida must flee back to the mortal world.

W05: (April 17-21, 2006)

Some years have passed. Sabina is older now but just as determined to be reunited with her family. She continues to practice magic. She also continues to think about Aling Luring and her siblings. While swimming, Sabina encounters a shark. This incident brings her luck because she then finds the way back to Saladin. But upon her return, she is met with a shocking turn of events. She sees Contessa Mia, who looks exactly like Eloida! Meanwhile, Argo, Bodayl and Terman have also grown up. They are now on the brink of manhood and are facing a new challenge: they must discover the weakness of the monster dog Orthos.

W06: (April 24-28,2006)

W07: (May 1-5, 2005)

W08: (May 8-12, 2006)

W09: (May 15-19, 2006)

W10: (May 22-26, 2006)

W11: NEW DISCOVERIES (May 29-June 2, 2006)

Sabina finds a way back to Arkapol by joining a competition, but one of her opponents try to ruin her chances of winning. Ebrio asks for Juno’s love in exchange for giving up his blackmail threats. But Juno attempts to kill him instead, after Adana persuades her to do so. Soon, Juno’s case is investigated and she asks Balakan to help her as his token of gratitude for her service to him in the past. Alunda catches Sabina opening a forbidden door of Arkapol and she tells Argo about it. But what starts as Argo’s attempt to investigate Sabina’s wrongdoing becomes something quite the opposite. A wonderful and unexpected thing will happen after the two alight from Argo’s flying carpet. But someone will soon strike back at Sabina out of jealousy and hatred. Sabina will also go through more challenging tasks assigned by wicked Alunda. Meanwhile, somebody will discover that Sabina has powers of her own.

W12: JUNO'S JEALOUSY (June 5-9, 2006)

Juno puts Sabina’s life in danger out of her jealousy for Argo’s attention. She teams up with Alunda to assign tricky magical tasks to Sabina, who is utterly clueless about her friend’s evil schemes. One of Sabina’s tasks is to feed a giant grasshopper, but the insect spits out an acid-like substance that considerably weakens her powers. Argo comes to the rescue, but although they manage to feed the grasshopper, Sabina faints due to the damage inflicted by the insect. The slaves of Golraya discover that the plants growing in their barren land are coming from Ayesa’s tears. Peter Balkan sends Argo to Golraya. Sabina finds out that her mother is also there. Sabina finds Juno writhing in pain, supposedly due to the work of a dark wizard. Juno says that her only remedy can be found inside the Forbidden Room. But Sabina gets caught while trying to help her friend, who is actually just pretending to be in pain. As a result, Sabina gets banished from Saladin.

W13: (June 12-16, 2006)

W14: (June 19-23, 2006)

W15: SABINA'S TRIALS (June 26-30, 2006)

Pater Balkan ignores Argo’s plea to cancel his marriage to Juno. Due to popular demand that Sabina be granted Pati status, she will have to undergo various challenges once again to determine whether she really is worthy of being promoted. Argo overhears Pater Aduro and Malko talking about their evil plan for Sabina, who has been sent to her challenge. But despite passing all her tests, the Paters are still against Sabina’s promotion. Sabina is oblivious to the curse that Aduro will place inside the classroom that she will use to teach magic. Will the curse work? What will happen to Juno and Argo? When will the Paters become convinced that Sabina is worthy of being a Pati?

W16: ARGO FORGETS SABINA (July 3-7, 2006)

Pater Balkan will order Argo to kill Ayesa who has been hiding in the cave of Habura. But when Argo finds Sabina there, he gives the excuse that he is there not to follow orders, but to help Ayesa escape instead. They enter the cave together and battle a beast, but both of them do not know that they’re caught in a trap that was initially intended for Argo. Juno interferes and saves Argo, leaving Sabina with the beast. Juno also places a memory spell on Argo, making him forget about ever seeing Sabina. As a result, Juno and Argo’s wedding pushes through. Eloida tells Sabina that she will return her to the mortal world, but Eloida eventually changes her mind when she finds out that Ayessa is Sabina’s mother. Eloida takes Sabina’s voice instead. The only hope for Sabina’s voice to return is for her to hear the song of a bird found in the mountains of Neguma.

W17: SONG OF NIDHAG (July 10-14, 2006)

Jimboy and Sabina go on a magical quest to Neguma so Sabina can get her voice back after hearing the song of the nidhag, a mystical bird. While the two are encountering trials along the way, Juno and Argo are about to be wed in Saladin. Soon, everything will fall into its place as an unexpected guest interrupts Juno and Argo’s wedding, and Argo will realize Juno’s evil schemes.

Guest angel2nyt

here's the official website for this show:

http://igma.tv/show.php?showid=174

i had a lot of expectations for this soap because of how good encantadia was

on special effects, i was certainly disappointed..and i will always ALWAYS wonder why there was such great special effects on encantdaia and not on other gma fantaseryes

but for story.. majika is much better than encantadia

Guest Melyxcious

i've heard about this series and i actually want to watch it.

i really dont know much about it but from reading that.. what you posted...hmmm..

i dunno- i dont have access to GMA at all unless i go back to visit the philippines again xD

Guest Choi Ji Woo

here's the official website for this show:

http://igma.tv/show.php?showid=174

hey there..thanks for posting the link to Majika's official site..the site's very impressive & user-friendly..hehe!

i've heard about this series and i actually want to watch it.

i really dont know much about it but from reading that.. what you posted...hmmm..

i dunno- i dont have access to GMA at all unless i go back to visit the philippines again xD

you've been here in our country? where are you now? check your cable TV provider if they've got PINOY TV!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Choi Ji Woo

this is my favorite GMA show nowadays! i love sabina and argo!!! :D

yup, I haven't watched even a single episode but I know that this show is very good & popular..Dennis Trillo's one of my crushes among Pinoy showbiz personalities..and Angel Locsin's frakingly pretty & sexy although I like Katrina Halili more 'coz we've got the same personality..we're both very assertive & spunky...

Archived