❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

10 K-Drama Male Characters We Wouldn’t Actually Date IRL

When you watch a K-drama, it really takes no effort at all to fall in love with the male character. They’re (most of the time) handsome, charming, and know how to woo the main female character, which in turn, woos us. It’s easy to get caught up in the fictitious world of love triangles, back hugs, and epic confessions or proposals, but are these characters actually dating material in real life? Here’s a look at 10 male characters who would be pretty difficult to actually date in real life.

Disclaimer: I loved each and every one of these K-dramas despite the opinions on this feature. 

Warning: spoilers for dramas below.  

Kill Me Heal Me” – Cha Do Hyun

Cha Do Hyun (Ji Sung) is a very, very complicated man. By himself, he is a pretty solid guy: caring, kind, rich, and very successful. But he’s also got several other personalities as he’s suffering from a multiple personality disorder as a result of a traumatic incident that happened when he was a child.

ji-sung.gif

So although Cha Do Hyun is a good catch, I’m pretty sure it would be a little stressful having to deal with all seven of his other personalities. Although, Shin Se Gi was pretty cool, right?

ji-sung1.gif

Watch “Kill Me Heal Me”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

Ji Sung Wishes Everyone a Happy Lunar New Year

photo1034376.jpg

Ji Sung shared his new year's wishes with his fans. He posted a handsome selfie on Instagram with the caption "Happy New Year!".

In the photo, he is gazing warmly at the camera while bundled up in a black turtle neck.

Happy Year of the Golden Pig to all!

Source : www.topstarnews.net/n...

Translation : Hancinema

February 7, 2019

Ji Sung and Lee have a baby boy

Actors Ji Sung and Lee Bo-young had a second baby.

“Lee gave birth to a baby son on [Tuesday] morning, and both Lee and the baby are healthy,” Lee’s agency Fly-up Entertainment announced Tuesday.

Ji Sung celebrated the news by posting a photo of the feet of his new baby on his Instagram account, saying, “Boa (nickname) is born. Congratulations, Boa. Stay healthy! I love you!”

The couple, who met while filming the SBS series “Save the Last Dance for Me” in 2004, got married in 2013 after six years of dating. They had their daughter Ji-yu in 2015.

By Yeo Ye-rim

credit : JoongAngDaily

• 4 weeks later...

7 Idols Who Look Like The Younger Version Of Other Celebrities

Did these idols secretly time travel?

Have you ever wondered what your favorite idol would look like all grown up? Well, they may look a little something like some other famous celebrities! Although not all idols have a grown-up version of themselves, fans have noticed that these 7 idols look like younger versions of these 7 actors and actresses. So, if you want to take a look into the future to see what your bias will look like, you may not have to look any further than these celebrities!

7. Jungkook (BTS) and Ji Sung

Although everyone agrees that Jungkook doesn’t look exactly like Ji Sung

jungkook 2

jisung 1

They have noticed there is a certain something that both famous celebrities share in common!

jungkook 1

lU7BOHaybLyhzpFcXhTUU907Tvejb_emvcOut6-S

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : koreaboo

8edd6a21ef2b43d2b374a7c0a348b157.jpeg?s=

Lee Se Young And Ji Sung In Talks To Star In Upcoming SBS Drama

Lee Se Young and Ji Sung may be starring together in a new SBS medical drama!

On March 11, Lee Se Young’s agency Prain TPC confirmed that the actress had been offered a leading role in the upcoming drama “Doctor Room” (working title). A representative of the agency stated, “Lee Se Young has received a casting offer for SBS’s new Friday-Saturday drama ‘Doctor Room,’ and she is currently reviewing the offer.”

The representative clarified that the actress had not yet come to a decision about whether to accept the role, explaining, “[‘Doctor Room’] is one of multiple projects for which she has received an offer.”

“Doctor Room” is a new medical drama about doctors specializing in pain management. In a refreshing take on the genre, “Doctor Room” will portray the doctors’ search for the cause of their patients’ mysterious pain as a thrilling chase, almost like a detective hunting down the perpetrator behind an unsolved crime. The drama will also tackle the debate surrounding the controversial practice of euthanasia.

Lee Se Young has been offered the role of Kang Si Young, a legendary anesthesiologist who was always at the top of her class throughout medical school. The talented doctor inherited her skills from her cool-headed, rational mother, while she inherited her empathy, listening skills, and warm bedside manner from her father.

Meanwhile, Ji Sung is currently in talks to star as Cha Yo Han, a genius anesthesiologist who is also the youngest professor at his medical school. The brilliant doctor goes by the nickname “10 Seconds,” referring to his ability to figure out his patients in the 10 seconds that it takes for them to enter an examination room and walk to their seat.

“Doctor Room” is currently scheduled to premiere in July of this year.

Are you excited to potentially see Lee Se Young and Ji Sung in this new drama? Leave your thoughts below!

source

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 5:38 AM, irilight said:

Lee Se Young And Ji Sung In Talks To Star In Upcoming SBS Drama

Lee Se Young and Ji Sung may be starring together in a new SBS medical drama!

On March 11, Lee Se Young’s agency Prain TPC confirmed that the actress had been offered a leading role in the upcoming drama “Doctor Room” (working title). A representative of the agency stated, “Lee Se Young has received a casting offer for SBS’s new Friday-Saturday drama ‘Doctor Room,’ and she is currently reviewing the offer.”

The representative clarified that the actress had not yet come to a decision about whether to accept the role, explaining, “[‘Doctor Room’] is one of multiple projects for which she has received an offer.”

“Doctor Room” is a new medical drama about doctors specializing in pain management. In a refreshing take on the genre, “Doctor Room” will portray the doctors’ search for the cause of their patients’ mysterious pain as a thrilling chase, almost like a detective hunting down the perpetrator behind an unsolved crime. The drama will also tackle the debate surrounding the controversial practice of euthanasia.

Lee Se Young has been offered the role of Kang Si Young, a legendary anesthesiologist who was always at the top of her class throughout medical school. The talented doctor inherited her skills from her cool-headed, rational mother, while she inherited her empathy, listening skills, and warm bedside manner from her father.

Meanwhile, Ji Sung is currently in talks to star as Cha Yo Han, a genius anesthesiologist who is also the youngest professor at his medical school. The brilliant doctor goes by the nickname “10 Seconds,” referring to his ability to figure out his patients in the 10 seconds that it takes for them to enter an examination room and walk to their seat.

“Doctor Room” is currently scheduled to premiere in July of this year.

Are you excited to potentially see Lee Se Young and Ji Sung in this new drama? Leave your thoughts below!

source

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing this good news! I love medical dramas. Although, I'm not really so familiar with her. :lol:

24 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi irilight, thanks for sharing this good news! I love medical dramas. Although, I'm not really so familiar with her.

@willenette, she was a child actress. 

Her first Drama was "My Love Patzzi" with Kim Rae-Won. (2002), Followed by a Jewel in the Palace (Dae Jang Geum) and Country Princess (both in 2003)

I first noticed her as a youngster/adolescent in Goddess of Marriage, where she played bratty daughter of Jo Min-Soo's character. and then in Trot Lovers aka Lovers of Music where she played an antagonist -  played very well, I might add.

Then most recent drama I have seen with her, is the one that just ended "The Crowned Clown," where she played the Queen opposite Yeo Jin-Goo.  

Her excellent performance there, probably helped her this new offer.

10 minutes ago, irilight said:

@willenette, she was a child actress. 

Her first Drama was "My Love Patzzi" with Kim Rae-Won. (2002), Followed by a Jewel in the Palace (Dae Jang Geum) and Country Princess (both in 2003)

I first noticed her as a youngster/adolescent in Goddess of Marriage, where she played bratty daughter of Jo Min-Soo's character. and then in Trot Lovers aka Lovers of Music where she played an antagonist -  played very well, I might add.

Then most recent drama I have seen with her, is the one that just ended "The Crowned Clown," where she played the Queen opposite Yeo Jin-Goo.  

Her excellent performance there, probably helped her this new offer.

irilight, thanks for sharing this. Ohhh...........I watched My Love Patzzi.... but, you said that she was a child actress there - The reason why I don't recognized her at all now. :lol:

13 hours ago, willenette said:

I watched My Love Patzzi.... but, you said that she was a child actress there - The reason why I don't recognized her at all now

I watched My  Love Patzzi too... I do not remember the first portion with the child actresses very vividly. Maybe I'll watch it again, just out of curiosity.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, irilight said:

I watched My  Love Patzzi too... I do not remember the first portion with the child actresses very vividly. Maybe I'll watch it again, just out of curiosity.

Hi irilight, I guess I will do that, too - I still have a DVD copy of this drama. :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

16 Memorable Life Lessons That K-Dramas Have Taught Us

cb74e7f5d8d24dd0abbbed2ff386d23e.jpeg?s=

The K-drama universe is amazing. No matter the genre, the story behind every Korean drama is embedded with all sorts of sub-genres, all coming together as one. On top of the laughter, the romance, the thriller, and even the melodrama, we gain one more thing when watching our favorite actors and actresses onscreen: a set of life lessons.

Midst these dramas’ scripts lies an incredible amount of dialogues that leave us pondering over them for weeks, months, and even years once the storyline has concluded. Featuring some of the most unforgettable K-dramas in order of their air date, here are 16 quote-worthy lines that have taught us a lesson or two in life!

4. About facing your fears – “Kill Me Heal Me

KMHM-Ji-Sung.gif

“Within each person’s heart is a dark basement. If you look away or stand by, that darkness thickens. You must summon your courage to go down and turn on the light. If you’re scared to go alone, you can hold someone’s hand.” – Cha Do Hyun (Ji Sung)

Watch “Kill Me, Heal Me”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

• 2 weeks later...

12 K-Drama Couples That Exude The Best Chemistry

One of the most exciting parts about K-dramas is finding out who the two main leads are. When the two leads are super popular, the only thing you can really hope for is that the chemistry is there. It’s tragic, really, when there’s a lot of anticipation surrounding the main leads and then when the series starts, there’s not even a flicker of that spark. Most of the time, the success and popularity of a K-series ride a lot on how well the main leads connect. Here’s a look at 12 drama couples who had the best chemistry!

Warning: Minor spoilers for the dramas below.

Ji Sung and Hwang Jung Eum in “Kill Me, Heal Me”

kill-me-heal-me.gif

In “Kill Me, Heal Me,” Ji Sung played Cha Do Hyun, a man with multiple personalities. He gets a psychiatric resident named Oh Ri Jin (Hwang Jung Eum) to help him delve into his personalities to try and get rid of them. Cha Do Hyun is desperate to live a normal life and believes Ri Jin can help him achieve this. While on this journey, he falls in love with her, and the two realize that their pasts are intertwined and that fate has brought them together.

kill-me-heal-me1.gif

The best part about this series, besides Ji Sung acting out several hilarious characters, is seeing the chemistry between him and Hwang Jung Eum. No matter which character Ji Sung played, he was able to maintain chemistry with his co-star. Whether it was the boy-crazy Yona or bad boy Shin Se Gi, each of the personalities was able to connect with Ri Jin.

kill-me-heal-me.jpg

Watch “Kill Me, Heal Me”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

• 2 weeks later...

*** In Korea, the 100-day mark is a baby's first major milestone as many children in the past failed to live past three months of birth due to diseases and a lack of medical care. So at the 100-day mark, they’re all in a pretty good place. But, in modern Korea, the 100 days celebration is much smaller and usually among the immediate family only. But the first birthday, known as [dol], remains a significant event in which a huge party is thrown, with extended families and friends are invited. A baby’s first birthday is a big deal in Korea. The friends and family usually pitch in to give gold rings to the birthday girl/boy. The first time I went to a Korean first birthday party, I expected to see balloons, cake and lots of children playing. I was surprised to find that it's actually very similar to a Korean wedding. :P

Lee Bo-young and Ji Sung's Son Celebrates 100th Day

photo1063051.jpg

Ji Sung celebrated the 100th day of his second child.

He posted a message on Instagram on the 15th saying, "Kwak Woo-seong 100 days ♥ Woo-seong! Be a healthy boy and thank you for being born". He posted a picture of a rice cake celebrating the 100th day.

He had announced previously on his Instagram that his son, Kwak Bo-ah, was born. "Welcome Bo-ah~ let's be healthy! I love you". Bo-ah is the baby name for their second child.

Ji Sung and Lee Bo-young dated for 6 years before they got married in 2013. They had their first child, a daughter, in 2015.

photo1063050.jpg

photo1063049.jpg

Source : tenasia.hankyung.com/...

credit : Hancinema

• 2 weeks later...

*** Korean movie "Fengshui"  is available to preorder on DVD with English subtitles from YESASIA. :P

"Fengshui" (2018)

Directed by Park Hee-gon

With Cho Seung-woo, Ji Sung, Kim Sung-kyun, Baek Yoon-sik, Moon Chae-won, Yoo Jae-myung,...

Formerly known as "Grave Site"
Began filming : 2017/08/22
Wrapped up filming : 2018/01/05
Synopsis
A period movie about those who struggle to become king and fight over grave sites and a young man who lost his parents attempting to take revenge on the king.

Release date in Korea : 2018/09/19

DVD with English subtitles

miniphoto997097.jpg

Source : track.webgains.com/cl...

credit : Hancinema

The 14 Best K-Drama Rom-Coms Of All Time

With the scent of summer in the air and the anticipation of a fun-filled summer up ahead, it’s the perfect time to binge watch some classic K-drama rom-coms to get you into that summer romance feel. Rom-com dramas, when done right, are the best kind of genre to watch.

They make you feel good, tug at your heartstrings, and totally have you a believer in love. All aspects that we can dig, right? There’s obviously been a lot of rom-coms out there in the K-drama world, but very few earn the title of being the best of all time. Here’s a look at 14 of those titles (in no particular order).

Warning: Minor spoilers ahead.

11. Kill Me Heal Me

This is another Hwang Jung Eum K-drama, but one that really can’t be forgotten. “Kill Me Heal Me” is a series that touches you on every different level. It’s got the unforgettable male lead, Cha Do Hyun played by Ji Sung. Do Hyun has multiple personality disorder and hires a psychiatrist by the name of Oh Ri Jin, who is played by Hwang Jung Eum.

kill-me-heal-me.jpg

The aspect that makes this series so hilarious and so entertaining to watch is hands-down the various personalities that Ji Sung takes upon himself to act out. And almost every single one of them is fun to watch or totally lovable!

There’s the bad boy Shin Se Gi who, let’s be honest, we all partially wanted Oh Ri Jin to end up with:

kill-me-heal-me1.jpg

The beautiful and sassy Yo Na:

kill-me-heal-me2.jpg

The laid back Perry Park:

kill-me-heal-me.gif

And when it becomes unpredictable as to when these personalities will come out, it makes for a hilarious ride!

Start watching “Kill Me Heal Me”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

7 K-Drama Male Leads Who Know How To Say They’re Sorry

When you’ve been watching K-dramas for a while, there are certain characteristics you come to expect from your male lead. Obviously, he has to be hot; that’s the law. It’s also pretty likely he will be rich. If he’s not rich, he’s probably talented at something — we’re talking genius level talent here. And if he’s hot, rich and/or talented, he’s almost certainly going to be full of himself!

In a world full of smarmy, charming flower boys who get away with murder, sometimes we just long for a man who can own his wrongdoings and humbly apologize for them. Y’know, an actual adult who can learn from his mistakes and sincerely change his ways.

These unicorns do exist in Dramaland! You just have to know where to look for them. Here’s our pick of the ones who make us swoon when they say that magic word: “sorry.”

Warning: spoilers ahead!

6. Cha Do Hyun – “Kill Me Heal Me

Cha Do Hyun (Ji Sung) probably says “I’m sorry” more than any other man on this list. In fact, he says it so often it’s getting to be a problem. Do Hyun’s apologetic nature stems from his multiple identities. They take over his mind one by one, and then he comes back to face the havoc they’ve wreaked. The worst part is that he can’t even tell anyone about his affliction. He just silently shoulders the blame when it’s not even his fault.

ji-sung-kill-me-heal-me.gif

In “Kill Me Heal Me,” Do Hyun reveals his essential goodness through his willingness to apologize and take responsibility. That’s what has us rooting for him so hard. We just want him to love himself as much as we and Ri Jin (Hwang Jung Eum) love him. So when he finally stops saying sorry and starts believing in himself, it’s a wonderful moment for all of us.

ji-sung-kill-me-heal-me.jpg

Check out the first episode of “Kill Me Heal Me”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 1