❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

• 3 weeks later...

*** I love the poster - SO incredibly pretty & so romantic.  Ji Sung and Han Ji Min look so naturally in love here. I’m a huge fan of Ji Sung so, can't wait for this.  I'll be watching this obsessively - hahaha - I like her, too! So, this is time travelling!   I wonder if this is like”Manhole" - The premise of the drama is quite interesting.  Besides, JS is astounding.  I'm super EXCITED! Please don't let me down.  Well, this looks so good.  And my expectation for him is high. :P

Bright lights and whimsy in The Wife I Know’s first poster

wifeiknow_14.jpg

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/06/bright-lights-and-whimsy-in-the-wife-i-knows-first-poster/

• Like 2

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] Ji Sung and Han Ji-min Meet in First Poster for "Familiar Wife"

photo983429.jpg

We have all heard of life-changing decisions, but what if the concept became a bit too real? This is the idea upcoming romantic drama "Familiar Wife" tackles, as the two leads find themselves in an impossible situation brought about as a consequence of just one decision. The series gives us a peek at Ji Sung and Han Ji-min's OTP through its first poster.

"Familiar Wife" is described as an "if romance" that depicts the fated love story of a life changed by a single choice. That choice is made by Cha Joo-hyeok (Ji Sung), and it alters his own fate, as well as his wife's, effectively erasing their life until now and replacing it with an alternate reality. This sounds like a potentially messy life and messy plot, but I can't deny I'm a sucker for such a premise.

The drama's newly released poster is simple, romantic, and it reads "My life's only 'if'". I feel that the message is as quaint and to the point as the poster's design, and that's all we really need for a first dip into the visuals of this drama. "Familiar Wife" will be airing on tvN starting August 1st.

Written by: Orion from 'Orion's Ramblings'

credit : Hancinema

• Thanks 1

Ji Sung to Pair with Han Ji-min in Upcoming TV Series

2018062601108_0.jpg

Ji Sung and Han Ji-min will star in an upcoming TV series on cable channel tvN.

The romantic comedy, which is set to start airing in August, is about a man who is given the chance to travel to the past in order to alter the future.

A teaser poster for the series released on Monday appears to capture the pair's great onscreen chemistry, heightening expectations for the series.

credit : Chuson Ilbo

• Like 1

Ji Sung Is A Hardworking Bank Employee In Upcoming Drama “Familiar Wife”

Ji-Sung.jpg

Ji Sung returns to the screen as a lovable and totally relatable bank employee in “Familiar Wife.”

See Also: Ji Sung And Han Ji Min Stun In Romantic Poster For Upcoming Drama "Familiar Wife"

The first stills of Ji Sung’s new role were released on June 28 for tvN’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Familiar Wife,” which will air in August.

Ji-Sung-2.jpg

“Familiar Wife” tells the tale of a fateful love story that is completely changed by one choice that was made. On top of a reality that many can identify with and imaginations that most people have dreamed of at least once, this story is expected to be relatable and romantic.

Lee Sang Yeob, who impressed viewers with “Shopping King Louie,” is directing and Yang Hee Seung, who has written lovable and heartwarming works such as “High School King of Savvy,” “Oh My Ghost,” and “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo,” is writing the script. With the combination of a production staff that knows a thing or two about romance and actors like Ji Sung and Han Ji Min who carry their own weight, “Familiar Wife” is met with high expectations.

Ji Sung is known to transform with every project, applying his own color and style when he acts. Even in the stills, Ji Sung shows the most realistic portrayal of an office worker.

Sleeping while standing and not being phased by chaos, bank employee Cha Joo Hyuk’s acclimation to the horrible morning subway commute is the epitome of hyperrealism. At his job, he goes to great lengths to hide from the security guard to put up as many flyers as he can and then with the most sincere eyes tries to plead with the guard when he gets caught. In another scene, he starts off the day with the utmost excitement advertising outside even though the sun is scorching hot. However, he is soon shown being weary and almost sad. These real portrayals of the average worker make viewers more curious about his character.

Ji-Sung-3.jpg

Ji-Sung-4.jpg

Spoiler

Cha Joo Hyuk has been married for five years and at the bank for six years as a manager but doesn’t get respected much at either place. He is the representation of an average male – just enough specifications, job, and bravado. Ji Sung, who is loved because of his limitless acting no matter what genre is thrown at him, is going to show another side on the small screen after being away for a year.

Ji Sung shared that he knew right away that he had to take the role when he read the script. “I was drawn to Cha Joo Hyuk’s common and average appearance. He doesn’t seem to have any special charm and yet he is given a unique opportunity ,and it changes his life. I’m very interested to find out how he’s going to handle this new world that’s in front of him. I hope you will watch along with me.”

The production staff remarked, “Ji Sung’s ability to interpret and realistically become Cha Joo Hyuk is amazing. Detail savvy and delicate Ji Sung will make Cha Joo Hyuk more real and relatable.”

“Familiar Wife” will air in August following after “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim.”

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] Ji Sung Living the Hard Working Life in First Stills for "Familiar Wife"

photo984215.jpg

Life is a challenge for Cha Joo-hyeok, the hero of fantasy romance "Familiar Wife" played by Ji Sung. The man leads a humble life, which is about to take a turn for the extraordinary when a single choice made by him alters the fate he has been following so far. The drama has released stills of its hero living his old humble life.

Ji Sung's Cha Joo-hyeok is a busy deputy manager at a bank who lives the zombie-like existence of being "asleep while standing". He is known as a survivor who will brave through any abuse taken, and it sounds like he takes a lot of it. Joo-hyeok has been married for 5 years, and has been working at the bank for 6. At home he gets grief from his wife, and at work he gets it from his boss. He is an ordinary man with good specifications, a good job and some valuable hidden savvy.

On choosing this role, actor Ji Sung has commented "As soon as I read the script, I thought I must take this on. I was attracted to the plain and ordinary appearance of Cha Joo-hyeok. I am also curious about the new life a man with no special charm will live when he is given the special ability to be in a world of his choosing. Please stay tuned".

I can see why he would make such a choice if loveless and abused at home and at work, but I'm guessing that his choice will simply remind him to appreciate what he has, and hopefully claim what he has a right to, which would be a life without physical and emotional abuse. "Familiar Wife" will premiere on August 1st on tvN.

photo984212.jpg

photo984211.jpg

Spoiler

photo984213.jpg

photo984214.jpg

Written by: Orion from 'Orion's Ramblings'

source : Hancinema

Spoiler

• Like 1

On 7/2/2018 at 1:11 PM, feelbora said:

Hi feelbora, thanks for sharing this. I love this couple. Looking at JS taking care of his daughter is awesome. He seems like a very good Dad. She's such a very lucky wife. I wish them the best! :P

[Photo] New Poster Added for the Upcoming Korean Drama "Familiar Wife"

photo984967.jpg

New poster added for the upcoming Korean drama "Familiar Wife" (2018)

Directed by Lee Sang-yeob-I

Written by Yang Hee-seong

Network : tvN

With Ji Sung, Han Ji-min, Jang Seung-jo, Kim So-ra-I, Lee You-jin, N,...

16 episodes - Wed, Thu 21:30
Synopsis
A romantic fantasy drama about a married couple whose lives suddenly change due to a choice made by the husband, which alters their fate.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2018/08/01

Source : /www.hancinema.net/ko...

• Like 1

On 7/2/2018 at 3:35 PM, kiefer-taiho said:

Ohhhhh, really really! I'm Gonna watch this series! Ufffff can see yo Ji sung is a deleight completely! I'm soooo happy yo see himmmm yeahhhhh he is the best! 

Hi kiefer-taiho, can’t wait for this drama to come in this August. I’m sure this is going to be an amazing one! :P

• Like 1

*** OMG, can't wait. NICE preview. This looks good . And she's beautiful! She doesn't age at all.  :P JS seems to be searching for her - too bad, that they're on opposite buildings.

Watch: Ji Sung Is Desperate To See Han Ji Min In “The Wife I Know” Teasers

Ji-Sung-Han-Ji-Min.jpg

The new tvN drama “The Wife I Know” has released its first teaser!

See Also: Han Ji Min Explains Why She Selected "The Wife I Know" As First Drama In 3 Years

“The Wife I Know” tells the story of how one decision can change everything in the future. It puts an interesting spin on the relatable thoughts of “what if” that most people have thought about at least once in their lives.

The main characters include a bank employee, Cha Joo Hyuk (played by Ji Sung), and his wife, Seo Woo Jin (played by Han Ji Min), a working mom.

In the teaser, Han Ji Min first appears wearing a gorgeous, flowing dress with killer heels on top of a rooftop.

Familiar-Wife-43.jpg

The next scene finds Ji Sung in an office, suddenly running through the building in search of Han Ji Min. He passes by hallways and climbs up flights of stairs to see her, with an excited expression on his face.

Familiar-Wife-13.jpg

Familiar-Wife-2.jpg

Spoiler

When he finally reaches the rooftop, Han Ji Min is actually on a different building. Both Ji Sung and Han Ji Min smile at each other as the camera pans to a shot of the two with the colorful sunset as the backdrop. Finally, Ji Sung narrates the drama’s tag line, “The one ‘if’ of my life.”

Familiar-Wife-7.jpg

“The Wife I Know” will premiere on August 1, 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki!

Watch the teaser below!

credit : soompi news

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2018 at 12:16 AM, willenette said:

*** OMG, can't wait. NICE preview. This looks good . And she's beautiful! She doesn't age at all.  :P JS seems to be searching for her - too bad, that they're on opposite buildings.

It really does look good, I can't wait to watch this. I have missed Ji Sung

• Like 1

Watch: “Familiar Wife” Cast Members Introduce Their Characters

Ji-Sung-Han-Ji-Min-Kang-Han-Na-Jang-Seun

The leads of upcoming tvN drama “Familiar Wife” have described their characters for viewers.

See Also: Park Hyung Sik Surprises Han Ji Min On Set Of "Familiar Wife"

Familiar Wife” explores the “what ifs” of life and how a single decision can change the future.

tvN recently shared a video of the cast at the script reading.

“I’m Ji Sung who will portray the fateful man Cha Joo Hyuk who lives a different life in the present due to a single decision,” says the actor.

The video describes Cha Joo Hyuk as someone who gets pushed around by his wife at home and his boss at work. Ji Sung adds, “He’s a salaryman who lives busily and with difficulty.”

Han Ji Min will play Seo Woo Jin who is exhausted from her busy work and family life. The actress shares, “She has a strong appearance, is really silly, and is honest, too. The writer worked hard to convey a really realistic story.”

Jang Seung Jo will appear as the character Yoon Jong Hoo. He reveals, “I’m Cha Joo Hyuk’s friend, and he’s a really bright, fun character.” Kang Han Na will portray Lee Hye Won who is Cha Joo Hyuk’s first love from college and the fantasy of all men.

Han Ji Min comments, “It’s something that we imagine at least once while living our lives and the importance of what we have.” Ji Sung continues, “I hope it’ll be a time when we can think about [this] and realize it.”

The drama is written by Yang Hee Seung of “Oh My Ghostess” and director Lee Sang Yeop of “Shopping King Louie.”

“Familiar Wife” will premiere on August 1 at 9:30 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” and will be available on Viki!

Check out the video below!

You can also watch the first teaser here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jhjsw said:

Jang Seung Jo is on a roll! He was amazing in Money Flower with Jang Hyuk and now he is working with Ji Sung! Really great projects and co-stars for him.

Hi jhjsw, I've seen his dramas - "My Son-in-Law's Woman (starring Go Soo) & Scholar Who Walks the Night" (starring Lee Jun Ki). I do agree with you - he had such good projects & co-stars.  I highly anticipate JS upcoming drama.  I’m excited to see what's in store for this upcoming drama. Looking forward to it! :P Please take a look at the new teaser released for this upcoming drama - 

LINK here : https://www.hancinema.net/video-new-teaser-released-for-the-upcoming-korean-drama-familiar-wife-120258.html

• Like 2

18 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi jhjsw, I've seen his dramas - "My Son-in-Law's Woman (starring Go Soo) & Scholar Who Walks the Night" (starring Lee Jun Ki). I do agree with you - he had such good projects & co-stars.  I highly anticipate JS upcoming drama.  I’m excited to see what's in store for this upcoming drama. Looking forward to it! :P Please take a look at the new teaser released for this upcoming drama - 

LINK here : https://www.hancinema.net/video-new-teaser-released-for-the-upcoming-korean-drama-familiar-wife-120258.html

Thanks for the link. Oh, JSJ was in Scholar Who Walks the Night? I love Lee Joon Gi but have not had the chance to watch this yet. Now I will since we have 2 fine actors in this drama. 

I am so excited for Ji Sung's new drama to start! I've missed him since the Innocent Defendant. Was waiting for  his movie release with Jo Seung Woo as co-star, but still no news about that. :( So I'm really glad he is doing this new drama.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Thanks for the link. Oh, JSJ was in Scholar Who Walks the Night? I love Lee Joon Gi but have not had the chance to watch this yet. Now I will since we have 2 fine actors in this drama. 

I am so excited for Ji Sung's new drama to start! I've missed him since the Innocent Defendant. Was waiting for  his movie release with Jo Seung Woo as co-star, but still no news about that. :( So I'm really glad he is doing this new drama.

Hi jhjsw try to watch this drama if you find time, it's good. His drama, "Defendant" is also good. It is a very well done legal thriller. The drama did a wonderful job keeping things intense.  Ji Sung is fantastic in the role of our amnesiac prosecutor Park Jung Woo. There’s nothing more heartbreaking than suddenly losing your entire family, but then to be the one accused of it is just too much. Being a heavy drama, Jung Woo’s prison buddies add a little comedy to lighten things up. "Defendant" definitely excelled at bringing us into Jung Woo’s world. He is such a tortured man and you can’t help but feel for him and long for justice. I also greatly enjoyed the prison break antics in the drama. Overall, "Defendant" was such an interesting story. :P

*** The teaser video shows about his memories about his wife??? It  looks promising.  JS is an amazing actor. :P

Watch: Ji Sung Hilariously Belts Out His Feelings While Thinking Of Han Ji Min In “Familiar Wife” Teaser

Familiar-Wife.jpg

Sometimes, all you need to relieve stress is a good karaoke session.

See Also: Watch: Ji Sung Is Desperate To See Han Ji Min In "Familiar Wife" Teasers

In a new trailer for tvN’s upcoming drama “Familiar Wife,” Ji Sung tearfully, and repeatedly, sings, “I loved her but,” as he remembers what appear to be sweet moments with Han Ji Min at various points in their lives.

It all comes to a halt as the trailer switches to a time when Han Ji Min took out her frustration on Ji Sung in the middle of a grocery store, yelling, “I told you [our] turn would be soon, you jerk!”

“Familiar Wife” is an upcoming romance drama that explores how a single decision can change everything. It will focus on the relatable “what if” thoughts that everyone has at some point, but with an imaginative twist. Ji Sung and Han Ji Min will portray salaryman Cha Joo Hyuk and  working mom Seo Woo Jin respectively. Cha Joo Hyuk’s life changes in unexpected ways due to a fateful decision he makes.

It is set to premiere on August 1 following “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” and will be available on Viki.

• Like 1