❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

Ji Sung, Seo Hyun Jin, SHINee’s Key, And More Announced As Winners Of 2017 Grimae Awards

Ji-Sung-Seo-Hyun-Jin-Key.jpg

The Grimae Awards has announced this year’s winners!

Annually held by the Korean Directors of Photography Society since 1993, the Grimae Awards gives a grand prize to a camera director with excellent cinematography and experimental work. Programs are awarded based on judges’ score, and actors are awarded based on votes by camera directors.

The top excellence awards for actors went to Ji Sung from SBS’s “Defendant and Seo Hyun Jin from SBS’s “Degree of Love.” The new actor award went to SHINee’s Key from MBC’s “Lookout.”

The winners will be awarded at the ceremony on November 8 at 7 p.m. KST.

Congratulations to all the winners!

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

*** I have to say that Ji Sung is an amazing actor. :lol:

Koreans Name Top Television Actors Of 2017

Gallup Korea has shared the results of its survey to find out Korea’s favorite television actors in 2017!

From November 8 to November 28, research survey company Gallup Korea surveyed 1,700 Korean men and women aged 13 and older to determine who the general public would choose as the most outstanding television actors in 2017. The names of two actors were written in by each respondent.

Actors who ranked in the top 20 (with some spots tied) included Ji Sung, Park Seo Joon, Jang Nara, Park Shi Hoo, Son Ho Jun, Seo Hyun Jin, Shin Hye Sun, Choi Bool Am, and Ra Mi Ran.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

9 Adorable drama couples that are out of this world

d575c426-f24a-469a-a2f2-405f11942763.png

True love knows no boundaries in drama land. It's even more impressive when chemistry sparks romance between two people who are not just polar opposites, but actually come from two different worlds. Let's take a look at some adorable couples who overcome phenomenal, out-of-this-world barriers to fall in love.

4. Kill Me, Heal Me

When she falls in love, can she be certain which one of his 7 unique personalities is the one she's truly attracted to? A rich heir suffers from dissociative identity disorder, and enlists the help of a first-year medical resident to heal him by killing off each personality one by one.

Ji Sung won multiple acting and popularity awards for his performance in the acclaimed drama, including Best Actor at the 4th Annual DramaFever Awards.

d290b652-820e-4ab1-b866-e2802cd23faf.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : dramafever

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2018 at 1:17 AM, evie7 said:

Congratulations to Ji Sung:heart: He won the SBS Daesang today for his role in Defendant.

He was brilliant in that role, it was well deserved

What a special moment for them both.

Hi evie, thanks for sharing this. I'm happy for JS. On January 2, the Good Data Corporation announced the most talked about television dramas of 2017 & "Defendant" is on the top list running between 4th & 5th slot. The most talked about programs are determined on a weekly basis from posts and comments on online news and communities, blogs, Twitter, and videos. I  got hooked of this drama from Episode1 till the end. It deserved it... JS deserves it! :lol: It also included in the Content Power Index (CPI) rankings for the year of 2017 on the 4th slot. The Content Power Index ranks TV shows based on their overall popularity and influence on consumer behavior. Factors such as number of searches, news subscriptions, and social media buzz are analyzed to determine the rankings. The show with the highest CPI rankings of 2017 was tvN’s “Goblin.  

I'm happy that the drama is doing so well. :D

cpi-rankings.jpg

Ji Sung And Lee Bo Young Are Relationship Goals In Both Work And Love At 2017 SBS Drama Awards

ji-sung-lee-bo-young.jpg

Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young recently rang in the new year in style at the 2017 SBS Drama Awards!

As both actors had hit SBS dramas this year, they were both in attendance at the December 31 ceremony at the SBS Prism Tower. Lee Bo Young, who was an MC with Shin Dong Yeop, said during the show, “Usually at the end of the year one of us is at the awards ceremony and the other is at home and we would only meet each other at the crack of dawn. But for the first time since we got married we’re in the same place [at the end of the year].”

Shin Dong Yeop commented, “I met you briefly backstage and your baby and your parents also came.”

Lee Bo Young shared, “Our baby is 30 months old but she’s never seen her parents get all dolled up so we brought her to take a picture with.”

shin-dong-yeop-lee-bo-young-ji-sung.jpg

As if this wasn’t cute enough, both Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young walked away with big awards at the end of the night. Lee Bo Young won a Top Excellence in Acting Award for her work in “Whisper” and Ji Sung took home the Grand Prize for his work in “Defendant.”

lee-bo-young-ji-sung.jpg

In Ji Sung’s acceptance speech, he said, “I had never thought that I wanted to win a prize for ‘Defendant.’ I felt apologetic to society [because of the heavy subject matter] and as the father of a daughter, [the content] scared me. Even when the ratings were good, my heart was heavy. I couldn’t be happy that the ratings were good for a story like this.”

He then went on to say that he considered the award as belonging to the entire “Defendant” team and that Uhm Ki Joon, his co-star, deserved the Grand Prize for his work as a villain on the show.

He concluded, “Time goes by so fast. I debuted at SBS in 1999. 19 years later, I’m standing here. Thank you to my daughter, Ji Yoo, and thank you to my wife Lee Bo Young. I wanted to make sure I say this. Thank you for making your incomplete husband into a great person.”

ji-sung1-540x321.jpg

Prompted by Shin Dong Yeop, Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young then shared a hug and kiss on stage. Slightly embarrassed, Lee Bo Young said, “I think we’ve taken up too much of the focus” and to Ji Sung she said, “Congratulations, you worked hard and I’m proud of you.”

ji-sung-lee-bo-young-540x380.png

We wish the couple the best in 2018 as well!

Source (1) (2) (3) / soompi news

Ji Sung receives grand prize while wife receives best actress award

c37161638f274514b2ce6133dd9837be.jpg

By Yun Suh-young

The year 2017 ended as a huge celebration for actor Ji Sung and actress Lee Bo-young who both received prizes at the SBS Acting Awards.

Ji Sung received the grand prize for his performance as Park Jung-woo, a prosecutor-turned-death row inmate who is wrongfully accused of killing his wife and daughter in the SBS drama "Defendant."

"I can't believe this is happening to me," said Ji. "I never thought I wanted to receive a prize for my acting in the 'Defendant' because the story was very dark. Despite the high viewing rate, I had a heavy heart because I can't be entirely happy about people enjoying these stories. I too, am a father with a daughter. I was scared to be playing such a scary role," he said during his acceptance speech on Jan. 1 broadcast live on SBS.

His long speech was full of modesty.

"I'm grateful that people didn't forget this drama and gave me this award although it was aired in the beginning of the year. I believe this award goes to the Defendant team, not because I did well. I hope this is a great New Year's present for you guys.

"There are so many people who helped me during hard times over the past 19 years. I will never forget those kind hearts and I will also help my junior colleagues. I will repay my thanks."

He also gave thanks to a newfound friend and actor Um Ki-joon who plays his counterpart.

"I also have a person in my heart who I believe this prize goes to. It's my friend Um Ki-joon whom I met through Defendant. No one could have acted that evil role like he did. I learned so much from him and respect him. This is yours," he said, making eye contact with Um, who smiled in response.

He also thanked his wife and actress Lee Bo-young for "making a husband like me into a great person." He hugged and kissed her on stage. Lee, who was emceeing the event, was also awarded a prize that day _ the award for best actress for her performance in the SBS drama "Whisper."

Meanwhile at the KBS Acting Awards, two middle-aged actors received a joint grand prize.

Chun Ho-jin and Kim Young-chul received top acting prizes for their roles as fathers in KBS dramas "My Golden Life" and "Dad is Weird" respectively.

Chun gave a heartwarming speech full of love.

"I will not be receiving this prize myself, but dedicate it to all the parents in this world. If I receive this award, I think I won't be able to focus for the rest of the shooting because the drama hasn't ended yet," he said.

"My father isn't well. I hope he recovers soon. I also want to give this award to my wife. I'm sorry it took 34 years to keep my promise, honey. It took so long. If you allow me, I hope to live again with you in my next life."

Co-winner Kim Young-chul said, "I still remember vividly when I received this prize 17 years ago with 'Taejo Wangeon.' I'm grateful and it's because I was put in a great piece like 'Dad is Weird.'" He also called out his wife's name twice in joy.

On MBC's Acting Awards, actor Kim Sang-joong received the grand prize for his role as Amogae in "Stealer."

"I hope I can become a senior who doesn't wish to be treated well, but who can be exemplary to juniors," he said.

"I will avoid making political comments today, despite the fact that our drama has political implications. Although it was just one scene, actor Choi Gyu-sik who made the grand finale acting out the pains of an ordinary person, was the theme of our drama. The people are the owners of the country."

credit : Korea Times

Celebrity couples who found love on set

Love can bloom anywhere, anytime. But for actors, the drama set is an opportune place to find love, where their onscreen romantic chemistry with co-workers is highly likely to spill over to real life.

Most recently, singer-turned-actor Lee Joon and actress Jung So-min became the first official couple of this year. The onscreen couple from KBS’ “My Father Is Strange” admitted Monday that they developed feelings for each other at the set.

Here are other celebrity couples who developed crushes on each other after camera stopped rolling.

3. Ji Sung and Lee Bo-young

The couple met at the set of the 2004 TV series “Save Last Dance for Me.” After confirming their relationship in 2007, the pair married in September 2013 and had their first child, Kwak Ji-yoo, in June 2015.

The two recently showed sweet chemistry at the 2017 SBS Drama Awards, as Ji Sung and Lee both attended the event for winning the grand prize for his role in “Defendant” and Lee grabbing the top excellence in acting award for “Whisper.”

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201801021818569818273_2

Ji Sung. Lee Bo Young. Suzy. Nam Ji Hyun. Lee Sang Yoon. Park Se Young. Yeon Jin Go. Kwon Yu Ri. Kim Min Seok.Kwon Yul.

0000808983_001_20171231203920704.jpg
0000217339_001_20171231204648856.jpg

On 1/1/2018 at 3:39 AM, mary-ann said:

I love Ji Sung from the days whenhe filmed secret and kill me and heal me with hwang jung eum, since then he left a strong impression on me, hope to see him in a new drama soon :)

Hi mary-ann, I started being a fan of him when I watched him in "Save the Last Dance for Me" - I've watched all his works from then on, I’m happy for Ji Sung that he claimed the Grand Prize award for acting in 2017 SBS Drama Awards. :lol:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi mary-ann, I started being a fan of him when I watched him in "Save the Last Dance for Me" - I've watched all his works from then on, I’m happy for Ji Sung that he claimed the Grand Prize award for acting in 2017 SBS Drama Awards. :lol:

Congrats to him. I knew he would win the Grand Prize. I also hoped that he would win best actor though. NamGoong Min was great, but for me, Ji Sung's performance was way better. 

Hi there. :) Since you've watched all his works I have to ask if Royal Family is a good watch? Coz sometimes, even though I'm a fan of the actor/actress, I can hate the drama if the story line is not good. 

49 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

Congrats to him. I knew he would win the Grand Prize. I also hoped that he would win best actor though. NamGoong Min was great, but for me, Ji Sung's performance was way better. 

Hi there. :) Since you've watched all his works I have to ask if Royal Family is a good watch? Coz sometimes, even though I'm a fan of the actor/actress, I can hate the drama if the story line is not good. 

Hi jhjsw for me, it's not really that great but pretty decent. Some viewers say the ending of 2011 drama "Royal Family" is confusing. But, because Ji Sung plays first lead in this 18-episode series, I watched the entire first episode & mind you I finished the whole drama, though.  Episode one has several scenes that are actually pretty good. One of them is the opening scene— Since I don’t recommend this drama, it's really up to you to decide - hahaha - The editing is confusing as well.  But JS did give "Ji-Hoon" some intensity making him a distinct character. Ji Sung’s character sports some great looks when he isn’t wearing fancy lawyer suits, though. :lol:

• Like 1

On 1/6/2018 at 10:05 PM, wanda77 said:

Filming for Propitious Site For Grave, ended.

Hi wanda, thanks for sharing this. Ohhh.............I almost forgot this upcoming movie of JS. I hope this will be a box-office hit! Here, we could see him fully-covered by a waterproof layer on the top.  We know it’s cold in Korea but colder during winter.  It is simply part of their culture. I have missed JS on the big screen.  All the best! :lol:

On 1/1/2018 at 3:39 AM, mary-ann said:

I love Ji Sung from the days whenhe filmed secret and kill me and heal me with hwang jung eum, since then he left a strong impression on me, hope to see him in a new drama soon :)

Hi mary-ann, I love this drama. I love how he played multiple roles in this drama. That's why those actors who are willing to take up the challenge of playing multiple characters should be should be given an extra applause. I know he's not the 1st choice for this kind of role. Ji Sung also won Best Actor at the 4th Annual DramaFever Awards for this role. :lol:

• Like 2

On 9/1/2018 at 11:05 AM, willenette said:

Hi wanda, thanks for sharing this. Ohhh.............I almost forgot this upcoming movie of JS. I hope this will be a box-office hit! Here, we could see him fully-covered by a waterproof layer on the top.  We know it’s cold in Korea but colder during winter.  It is simply part of their culture. I have missed JS on the big screen.  All the best! :lol:

Hi mary-ann, I love this drama. I love how he played multiple roles in this drama. That's why those actors who are willing to take up the challenge of playing multiple characters should be should be given an extra applause. I know he's not the 1st choice for this kind of role. Ji Sung also won Best Actor at the 4th Annual DramaFever Awards for this role. :lol:

He did such an incredible job in kill me and heal me and secret, that really left a deep impression on me, and that's a really difficult thing to do, since i'm a hard person to impress onless the actor and actress are really reallyyy good!

• Like 1

7 Celebrity Couples Fans Suspected Were Dating Long Before They Admitted It

When celebrities work together as couples in drama scenarios, sometimes that chemistry bleeds into real life.

These 7 celeb couples fell in love on set and their insane on-screen chemistry made it obvious to fans that they would end up dating in real life (if they hadn’t already).

4 Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young

Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young met on the set of Save the Last Dance for Me in 2004. Even though their characters’ engagement fell through, the couple announced their relationship in 2007.

TGC-BOQLdML0oPdYrZ1jgFc2b1PjTnW6B7qnG1fw

They got married in 2013, and are living happily with their daughter Kwak Ji Yoo (Ji Sung’s birth name is Kwak Jae Geun).

uFBLcOpmxz_pbYUp7uRXZOCcYCe5Z35WuWAc9bXu

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

6 Lee Bo Young quotes about her coveted relationship with husband Ji Sung

dbab9b6d-645a-404d-8ed0-685a6530d33e.jpg

Tomorrow, Lee Bo Young returns to the small screen in TVN's emotional new series Call Me Mother. In the remake of the 2010 Japanese hit show, she plays a temp teacher who realizes one of her students is being abused at home and takes rescue matters into her own hands. In real life, Lee is happily married to fellow actor Ji Sung and is a doting mom to daughter Kwak Ji Yoo. She is living the good life and has plenty to say about the wonderful husband she chose. Let's reminisce about six quotes she shared about life with Ji Sung. 

1. Her first impression of Ji Sung was less than stellar. She wasn't interested in him because he was a celebrity. 

"I did not like my husband, Ji Sung, at first, so I turned down his confession. I always thought I could not be with another celebrity, so I had a fantasy of being with an ordinary person more than a celebrity.... Ji Sung asked me out for three months and I really treated him badly. I pushed him away, saying I didn't like him."

19906fc2-4a16-40cb-b2e7-68578b919904.jpg

2. How did her wedding preparations compare to other brides'? She received the royal treatment! 

"Truthfully, I didn't have to do any of the preparing for our wedding. From designing to everything else, Ji Sung did everything for me, so I was very grateful."

054c3c8d-c42f-42f2-91fa-eec9adf5c6d1.jpg

3. Even when they were newlyweds, they preferred cozy meals at home.

"Because when we both work, we have to eat food from home. If you keep eating out, it honestly puts a toll on your health. This morning, oppa [Ji Sung] prepared breakfast for me... Because I had to go out to work [today]... I had beef radish soup...To be honest, I said it was delicious and ate it."

33372c78-9142-4c28-a02f-d6ac16beba54.jpg

Spoiler

4. Her husband keeps his career separate from his personal life, and she likes it that way. 

“The thing that I was most thankful for was that he never brought those emotions [from Defendant] home. I appreciated that he did that for me even though he was going through a hard time.”

6dd8613a-f37b-4985-bdf8-7fcb7ca0391f.jpg

5. The 39-year-old actress prefers not to co-star with her hubby on-screen. The pair have such a fun marriage, they wouldn't be able to concentrate on work. 

“I wouldn’t be able to get into my character, because I would laugh whenever I’d see his face.”

6. During the 2017 SBS Drama Awards, Lee explained that she and her husband are hands-on parents and prefer to skip babysitters throughout the awards season. 

“Usually at the end of the year, one of us is at the awards ceremony and the other is at home, and we would only meet each other at the crack of dawn. But for the first time since we got married, we’re in the same place [at the end of the year]...Our baby is 30 months old but she’s never seen her parents get all dolled up, so we brought her to take a picture with.”

2c450b57-ea9f-46a3-95cb-a35261ed8169.jpg

Which Lee Bo Young quote melts your heart? Are you excited to see her dramatic K-drama comeback tomorrow, Call Me Mother?

source : dramafever

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...