❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

Hi,

Episode 17 was really so good today. It seems ep 18 will be very good too. After just a few hours it will done. Really I will miss them. From now on I don't watch any drama  livestream. This is make a habit and when finished it'll be more sad.I want to share these pictures from SBS_BOSS.  Doesn't seem like a kind of farewell?

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Hi trigg, according to AGB Nielsen Media Research "Protect the Boss" rated 12.9%. I hope the Finale' will be better & increase. :lol:

Hi trigg, according to AGB Nielsen Media Research "Protect the Boss" rated 12.9%. I hope the Finale' will be better & increase.  :lol:

Hi willenette. Thank you for information. Tns rating high than that. Hope today will be better.

It seems we have a wedding ceremony today. I like it. Want to share these pictures.

1e30e924b899a901be3d457.jpg

3472.png

79f0f736afc37931c460986.jpg

bf096b63f6246b601578a83.jpg

Baidu

Jisung update his me2day blog and shared this picture and speech recording's video for his fans. These pictures above from this video.

actorjisung131726368952.jpg

OMG looks like someone's getting marry!!! Aww Jisung has one of the most cutest smile ever. He is really handsome and seems so sweet(which I read that he is to his gf Lee Bo Young)....:)!!! It's so sad that the drama has ended....I'm sure going to miss this drama and the characters---especially Jihun.

*** According to AGB Nielson Media Research "Protect the Boss" rated 14.2% on its ending. :lol:

Thanks willenette.

Protect the Boss Ends with...

68508c80c5e2491daa54fc6ed6d2d211_large.jpg

[Warning: Spoiler!]

SBS mini-series drama, "Protect the Boss" came to an end on September 29 with a happy ending.

In the final episode, the two main characters, Cha Ji Hun (Ji Sung) and No Eun Sul (Choi Kang Hee) overcame scandal issues, the parents' objections and dedicated their actions towards their marriage.

Cha Bong Man (Park Young Gyu) has accepted the couple into his household. However, he said that Ji Hun will not be the president in line anymore. Ji Jun admitted that he has affected the business and also announced that he will leave. 

Eun Sul followed Cha Bong Man while he was doing community service, asking for forgiveness and to also accept their love. He finally accepted their love, but officially announced that he will not become the next president of the business.

The first highlight of the final episode was the proposal that Eun Sul received in which Ji Seung gave her a sweet serenade proposal. Following on, was the scenes of their beautiful wedding.

The second highlight of the episode was when Cha Moo Won (Jae Joong) sang a lullaby for Seo Na Youn (Wang Ji Hye). They also discovered their love for each other in the last episode of the drama.

Protect the Boss commenced airing on August 8 and finished airing on September 29 with 18 episodes.

f57ff9e4b3bc1e0b497d9bdebd54b991_large.jpg

Source: Soompi

Hi,

I want to share some caps from the last episode of PTB. This time the choose was really very hard. The pictures was a bit much this time.  In this episode every scene was awesome. It was beautiful and fun. They finished the drama exactly the way as it should be. I miss them already. I wish, they do make the second season for PTB. :wub:

bscap0038tile.jpg

Guest NewHeart

@ thanks so much everyone  :rolleyes:

Ji Sung Feels Happy to Bring Joy via Protect the Boss!

boss-jisung-end.jpg

The lead actor in SBS’s Wednesday and Thursday drama Protect the Boss, Ji Sung, who plays the character of Cha Ji Hun, was expressng gratitude to the fans.

On September 29th, 2011, Ji Sung left a video message on his me2day account for viewers who love the drama.

Ji Hun said, “Finally come to an end. This is so sad. With the development of Cha Ji Heon’s character, he has lived brightly and happily, but it’s most unfortunately that it ended here.”

He continued, “I think it may be itself a precious feeling that can bring little bit of joy to someone’s life. So I am happy that I can bring joyfulness to you through the work of Protect the Boss. In future, I’ll put energy to make more good works. I would like to thank everyone who likes the Protect the Boss and those who loves me.”

Meanwhile, Protect the Boss officially ended with the last episode broadcast on September 29th, 2011. Ji Hun is married with Noh Eun Sul (played by Choi Kang Hee), while other characters managed to find their own happiness. The drama ends with a grand ending that is joyful.

via Osen

http://asian-drama.org

Guest NewHeart

When the Boss meets the King. The meeting of Ji Sung and Song Joong Ki

ji_sung_song_joong_ki.jpg

The Boss of ‘Protect the Boss’ Ji Sung was all smiles thanks to the visit from the king himself Song Joong Ki.

On September 24th, the king himself from ‘Deep Rooted Tree‘ Visited the set of ‘Protect the Boss’. ‘Deep Rooted Tree’ is the follow up drama set to start on October 5th after the wrap up of ‘Protect the Boss’.

It turns out, Song Joon Ki who plays the king had a filming schedule for ‘Deep Rooted Tree’ and realized that ‘Protect the Boss’ was shooting on the same day prompting him to visit the set. Song Joo Ki bowed his head at his sunbae Ji Sung and Ji Sung greeted him with a bright smile. Ji Sung and Song Joong Ki have known each other since 2008.

They had been each other’s confidant when it comes to acting. With the last episode of ‘Protect the Boss’ approaching they even went to a theme park and had sticker pictures taken together.

They also rooted for each other and each other’s drama both making a V with their fingers and saying “‘Protect the Boss’ hwaiting!” and “‘Deep Rooted Tree’ hwaiting!”

The ‘Protect the Boss’ staff joked “‘Deep Rooted Tree’s king has personally come over to see the Boss of ‘Protect the Boss’”

‘Protect the Boss’ has 2 episodes remaining to air increasing the fans’ curiosity about its ending. ‘Deep Rooted Tree’ will start airing on October 5th.

Source: WStar News via Nate

http://kpopfever.com

Ji sung confesses, “I used to cry alone in the bathroom because of anxieties when I debuted”.

ji_sung_interview.jpg

Actor Ji Sung shares his story of anxiety when he first started out as an actor.

Ji Sung recently had an interview with reporter Ji Young of ‘TV Entertainment of the Night’. The two walked the streets of Myeong Dong for a casual interview. Ji Sung is playing the role of the cute boss Cha Ji Heon on SBS’s ‘Protect the Boss’. Ji Sung took the time to answer the questions from the people they met on the streets of Myeong Dong.

While discussing how the character from the drama was suffering from panic disorder, Ji Sung revealed his own camera anxiety when he debuted. When Ji Sung was filming ‘Splendid Days’, he shared that he used to cry in the bathroom alone because of his anxiety in front of the camera. He told the story of how he even tried going to a cemetery with a bottle of soju to get over the anxiety.

Ji Sung honestly talked about ‘Protect the Boss’ as well as the reason why he thinks his girlfriend Lee Bo Young loves him.

The interview is set to air on September 21st on ‘TV Entertainment of the Night’.

Source: My Daily via Nate

Guest NewHeart

Ji Sung & Choi Kang Hee look in the mirrors together waiting for the shoot!

ji_sung_choi_kang_hee3.jpg

Ji Sung and Choi Kang Hee checking themselves in the mirrors in between the filming of the SBS drama ‘Protect The Boss‘ has been revealed.

On the next episode of ‘Protect The Boss’, Ji Sung will give Choi Kang Hee a surprise forehead kiss. There was the ambush kiss, the handrail kiss, and now this would make the third kiss scene in the drama.

Two of them were seen looking in the mirrors at the same time while waiting to film the scene described above. The two seem like the adorable people they play in the drama even in real life.

A drama production staff stated, “Ji Sung and Choi Kang Hee have experimented and talked about many ways to make scene memorable. It will be a classic scene like the last hand rail kiss scene.

The kiss scene episode will air on the 7th.

Image: SBS ‘Protect The Boss’

Source: Osen via Nate

Jang Geun Suk brings chicken for the ‘Protect The Boss’ production crews

ji_sung_jang_geun_suk.jpg

Actor Jang Geun Suk shows support for his friend actor Ji Sung by bringing 40 fried chicken meals.

Jang Geun Suk paid a surprise visit to the set of the drama ‘Protect The Boss‘ on the 30th and left the production crews speechless. As it turns out he is a close friend of actor Ji Sung and he came by to show his support for his friend by giving the crews something to munch on.

Jang Geun Suk also met some familiar faces on the set. Some of the crews had worked on the set of his 2009 drama ‘You are beautiful‘ and the actor was very excited to see them again. He also approached Kim Jae Joong and said “How are you? I’m really enjoying your drama” and Kim Ja Joong answered, “Have you been well? It’s been a while”.

Ji Sung took a selca with Jang Geun Suk and later posted on his me2day, “Jang Geun Suk brought chicken for our staffs who have been working tirelessly for for days now. Geun Suk, it must have cost a pretty penny..” and he attached the photo above.

After seeing the photo the fans commented, “Ji Sung oppa, Geun Suk oppa, you two resemble like real brothers”, “‘Boss’ is on tonight, I’m going to watch it, regain your strength with the chicken, Fighting!”, “They are both handsome and have great personalities too”, and so on.

Jang Geun Suk has recently finished filming his new movie ‘You Are My Pet’.

Source: TV Report via Nate

Guest NewHeart

Ji Sung holds a spontaneous fan meeting for the fans visiting his drama set

ji_sung_fan_meeting_2.jpg

SBS TV ‘Protect The Boss’ leading man Ji Sung held a fan meeting for the fans who came to visit the actor.

According to the information provided by SBS on the 28th, Ji Sung was filming a scene at a coffee shop in Seoul Jongro on the 27th. It was the scene in which Ji Sung and Choi Kang Hee’s character were visiting the coffee shop chain which he took over and had to manage. Fans walking by the coffee shop started to gather one by one and it eventually grew to a few hundred.

Ji Sung waved at the fans and proceed to walk outside and he held a spontaneous fan meeting with the hundreds of fans outside. He didn’t just stop there, he took the time to take photos with the fans and he also conversed with them. The fans were touched by his gesture and they said “We love you so much Ji Sung oppa”, “I’m definitely watching ‘Boss’ during the broadcast”.

Inside the coffee shop there were 30 members from Ji Sung’s fan club. He’s fan club members brought gifts for the production crews which consisted of 150 windbreakers and cakes to celebrate with the crews.

Ji Sung told his fans “I apologize for not being able to spend more time with you due to the drama filming schedule. But we get high ratings all thanks to the viewers and you the fan club members. I truly thank you all for your support, I get so much strength from you” and he express his gratitude.

Source: mtstarnews via Naver

Ji Sung and Kim Jaejoong give thanks to the drama ‘Protect The Boss’ staffs

ji_sung_protect_the_boss_food.jpg

SBS Drama’s two leading men, Ji Sung and Kim Jaejoong give thanks to the staff in their own ways.

Ji Sung hired a food van to the set of the drama to serve the 100 staffs on hand. This gift was in part to celebrate the drama reaching 18.7% ratings, becoming the highest rated program for it’s time slot.

Ji Sung stated “I always wanted to have a meal with the production staffs, but with the shooting schedules that we had to keep, it was not possible for all of us to get together. I’m just pleased that we had this opportunity to get together and talk”.

JYJ‘s Kim Jaejoong also showed his appreciation to the production staffs by serving chicken stew for 100 production staffs. It is said that the staffs responded with a loud cheer for Kim Jaejoong.

One of the staff member stated “You see the two leading men being so generous and I think that’s a testament to the ‘Protect The Boss‘ team’s teamwork. By taking advantage of our excellent teamwork, we’ll continue to make the best drama”.

Source: Osen via Nate

Guest NewHeart

Ji Sung still looks handsome after staying up all night

2011092211343055448_1.jpg

Actor Ji Sung recently took a picture of himself.

On the 22nd, Ji Sung posted a picture on his me2day account with the comment, “I’m shooting in a riverside village and it feels like I came here to play. I stayed up all night shooting, but I’m not tired at all.”

In the picture, Ji Sung is smiling at the camera in front of a green mountain and a blue river.

People responded: “You still look handsome even though you stayed up all night.” “The weather is great today. I like the riverside village.” “Take care of yourself until the end of your TV series.”

Ji Sung currently appears on SBS’s Wednesday-Thursday series, Protect the Boss.

Source:

Star News

Royal Family’s Ji Sung rises as “jingongnam” with his acting that pulls in women’s hearts

ji-sung.jpg

Seoul, Korea — “Jingongnam” (vacuum man) is born, following “chadonam” (cold city man), “kkadonam” (picky and proud man), and “kkopeunnam” (man women want to seduce).

Ji Sung, of MBC Wednesday and Thursday drama series Royal Family, is  aN upcoming new icon who pulls in the hearts of women. With his acting skills, overwhelming eyes, and kind looks, Ji Sung is receiving much attention from the audience and has earned the nickname “jingongnam.”

He is receiving favorable reviews after every episode with his strong acting skills, which seem to draw in the audience. The nickname “jingongnam” derives from the fact that he draws in the eyes and ears of the audience as if they were being pulled in by an irresistible vacuum cleaner.

During the shooting of Royal Family, Ji Sung had to cry for the camera but couldn’t stop because he was so engrossed in the scene and they had to stop filming temporarily. It is said that Ji Sung is completely absorbed in his character, Han Ji Hoon, and his acting is enough to draw in the hearts of the staff as well.

The image of the temporary interruption of the shooting because of Ji Sung’s tears gained 2000 views as soon as it was posted on the official homepage of Royal Family and received much attention. Netizens said on the bulletin board: “I am impressed with Ji Sung’s acting.” “He is so absorbed in his character.” “Ji Sung is a cute gentleman.”

Royal Family airs on MBC every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:55 pm.

By Hongsam (idsoft3@reviewstar.net)

Guest NewHeart

In a celebrity look-alike application, Ji Sung is scored as a 67% match to Andy Lau. “They’re both handsome.”

20110811_1313066298_90182500_1.jpg

On the 10th, Ji Sung posted a picture with a short comment on me2day, “This is the first time I’ve done something like this. Do we really look alike?”

The picture was selected as a result of an application that finds celebrity look-alikes. Ji Sung came out as a 67% match to Andy Lau.

Ji Sung says, “Today passed by so quickly. I hope you didn’t forget to watch Protect The Boss. Thank you all for the encouragement.”

Netizens commented: “They really do look alike.” “They’re both handsome.” “Yep, I’m watching Protect The Boss every day. Cheer up!”

Ji Sung is playing the role of secretary No Eun Seol’s boss Cha Ji Hun on SBS TV’s Protect The Boss.

Source: TvReport

Kim Jae Joong and Ji Sung like pork cutlets

2011090708360315567_1.jpg

Singer and actor Kim Jae Joong recently showed off his close friendship with Ji Sung.

On the 6th, Kim tweeted a picture with the comment, “Ji Sung and I are waiting for pork cutlets! Ji Sung will have the King Pork Cutlet and I will have the Cheese Pork Cutlet.”

In the picture, Kim and Ji Sung are waiting for their food at a restaurant.

Ji Sung is making the V sign while smiling. On the other hand Kim is making a serious face while putting a fork in his mouth.

People responded: “They are real stars.” “You two look like brothers.” “I like pork cutlets too.” “I’m enjoying watching your show.”

Kim and Ji Sung currently appear on SBS’s Wednesday-Tuesday series Look Out for the Boss.

Source: Star News from Nate

Ji Sung reveals that he has IQ 147 in Running Man

108.jpg

Ji Sung participated as a guest in SBS Running Man and teamed up with You Jeh Suk and Lee Kwang Soo to carry out the mission, “Protect the boss!”

During the mission, You Jeh Suk jokingly said to Ji Sung, “Ji Sung is Ji Sung because he’s got Ji Sung (intelligence). What’s your IQ, Ji Sung?”

Ji Sung surprised them by replying that his IQ is 147. You Jeh Suk then responded that his IQ “is at least somewhere above 100,” and Lee Kwang Soo piped up to say that, “I haven’t tested for my IQ yet.”

On that day, actress Choi Kang Hee appeared on Running Man as a guest as well. She and Ji Sung are casting for new SBS TV series “Protect the Boss.”

Source: TVreport

Guest NewHeart

′Boss′ Ji Sung’s `Beastly′ Photoshoot

Ji Sung, the lead actor in drama `Protect the Boss,′ was featured in a fresh summer pictorial for fashion magazine `Singles.′

The photos were made brighter with the addition of live animals, such as turtles, rabbits and parrots.

95889124.jpg

In the photo with rabbits, Ji Sung sported a checkered shirt and light pink pants, as well as an interesting bird-like coif, adding to the freshness of his boyish charm. The next photo featured him in a straw hat and an orange jacket, with a red parrot as his partner.

64039635.jpg

Ji Sung said, "I enjoyed the shoot more than usual, because I was with animals and I was wearing brighter clothes compared to the ones I always wear. When they put the parrot on my shoulder I tensed up a bit, and shooting was a lot harder after that because I had to be careful not to scare the parrot."

In the meantime, Ji Sung will be starring in the new SBS drama ′Protect the Boss,′ which will air its first episode on August 3. ′Protect the Boss′ tells of the troubles the heir of a major company goes through, and stars not only Ji Sung, Choi Kang Hee, Kim Jae Joong, Wang Ji Hye, and Lee Hee Won, but also veteran actors Pak Young Kyu and Cha Hwa Yeon.

*** I must admit that I haven't watched this drama continuously because of lack of time but I'll definitely buy a DVD copy of this so I could watch it through the end................much more that I know it's a happy-ending. Besides, I love all those reviews about the drama. There were light criticisms on some characters. "‘Protect the Boss’ broke the mood of traditional Korean dramas, as the audience was able to relate with the “average” and down-to-earth" characters. This show is really light-hearted. The cast is amazing & the story line is simple. Just the right amount of comedy & heart-warming romance. :lol:

*******************************************************************************************

What made ‘Protect The Boss’ so popular with viewers?

201109300926351001_1.jpg

SBS‘s ’Protect the Boss‘ seemed to come out of nowhere with its strong popularity, and many viewers who had no expectations were ultimately surprised by its quality content. But what made this drama stand out from the rest?

‘Protect The Boss’ was a feel-good drama that didn’t have any negative elements of an affair or a broken family; it also lacked a character that you loved to hate. The way that the characters caused problems in the story were endearing in their own way, and when the characters plotted against each other, the situation turned out pretty comical in the end.

For example, there was potential for ‘Cha Ji Hun’ (Ji Sung)’s ex-lover ‘Seo Na Yoon’ (Wang Ji Hye) and ‘Noh Eunsul’ (Choi Kang Hee) to get into a messy rivalry over Cha Ji Hun. But the two didn’t try to make each other’s lives miserable, and they become close friends.

Meanwhile, Cha Ji Hun and ‘Cha Moo Won’ (JYJ‘s Jaejoong) were rivals for a long time; instead of competing intensely against one other, the two fought like grade-school students. They would say things like, “I really don’t like him“, and get into scraps with one another that made the audience laugh. In reality, the two seemed like childhood friends rather than enemies.

‘Protect the Boss’ broke the mold of traditional Korean dramas, as the audience was able to relate with the more “average” and down-to-earth characters. Those who appeared to be the “bad” guy in the story actually wasn’t some horrible, irrational demon come-to-life; in the end, they were individuals who made some bad decisions, but ultimately sought happiness. The fact that these characters were relatable made the audience fall in love with the drama.

But the characters weren’t the only aspect that helped ‘Protect The Boss’ gain popularity. The main issue in the storyline didn’t lie with the characters’ conflicts with one another — it was in trying to disprove the stereotypes of being rich.

For example, Cha Ji Hun has a panic disorder, and although he is the boss, he cared very little about his job. He became a better man after meeting Noh Eunsul, but still had no ambition to take his father’s place in his company. He doesn’t want to inherit his father’s wealth, but even so, his colleagues called him mocking names like ‘Papa’s boy’. The story follows the hardships he endures before he could successfully break free from his situation.

‘Protect the Boss’ was comical and funny, and it also deconstructed the stereotypical ‘Cinderella’ story. Devoid of melancholy, excessive love, and senseless hatred, the story simply told of a person’s journey to find happiness in a relatable way.

Source & Image : Newsen / allkpop

Hi,

Thanks NewHeart and Willenette for the news. I hope,he doesn't take a long time to begin a new series or movie.

Want to share this pictures from his manager. Looks like he will have an interview on tuesday.

nampojjang1317535036990.jpg

This pics from Baidu.

fcfaaf51f3deb48f74890e9.jpg

Hi,

Thanks NewHeart and Willenette for the news. I hope,he doesn't take a long time to begin a new series or movie.

Want to share this pictures from his manager. Looks like he will have an interview on tuesday.

*quoted image*

This pics from Baidu.

*quoted image*

Hi trigg, thanks for posting the photos. Interview? Oh, looking forward to this..............It would be nice if he could have another project right after this drama. He's DAEBAK in his last drama! I'm so proud of JS! :sweatingbullets:

[REVIEW] SBS TV series "Protect the Boss" - Final Episode

2011093010185451903_1.jpg

SBS TV series "Protect the Boss" - Final Episode

Noh Eun-seol (Choi Gang-hee) had told Cha Ji-heon (Ji Sung) that she hopes he at least will not become a chairman who 'goes in for prosecutors' investigation on a wheelchair.' This was said again in the last episode to SBS TV series "Protect the Boss." Mrs. Song (Kim Young-ock) asked Mu-won (Kim Jae-joong), "What sort of businessman do you plan to be?" to which he pledges to achieve "a real shift in generations." Ji-heon too looks for the answer to become a "good businessman" who "will not be considered embarrassing by the one I love." And to carry out their resolutions, Mu-won deems himself as the "internal whistle-blower" to DN Group while being its successor and Ji-heon, who chooses to take on a new adventure, says he will become a 'surveillant' outside the group. That is how Eun-seol successfully ended her 'change the people of the boss' families' project. And yet it all just started from one simple question -- what sort of boss they want to become.

Hence, in "Protect the Boss," No Eun-seol, who can be compared to being the Alice in a 'wonderland' of chaebol families, raised a question to the rules of their world which is highly hierarchical and qualification-oriented, and due to that question, the characters within that world changed and matured. Even Na-yoon (Wang Ji-hye) who had said, "Everything is meant to go back to where it came from" becomes close friends with Eun-seol as well as a grown up who knows how to scold her mother. The reason that the ending to the show, which concluded with Eun-seol and Ji-heon's narration, was closest to what "Protect the Boss" was like instead of the ordinary epilogue, was probably because it kept an eye on how the characters think and gradually mature from that single question. The last question that was asked -- "What will our tomorrows be like?" -- may be one that is infinitely naive yet at least the show was worthy of ending with a resolution for "a clean tomorrow that is different from yesterday."

Credit : 10Asia

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2011093020115400829

I have a few fav k-actresses, but not really any fav k-actors until now. The last time i obsessed over a k-actor was Jang Hyuk in Bright Girl Success Story in 2002. But Janghyuk has since taken serious roles and dramas which aren't really my cup of tea. Hence the gap for a fav k-actor in my heart for many years.

Thanks to Protect The Boss, i discovered Jisung. Searched him up and went on to watch Royal Family. Wow! His acting wins hearts!

"Congratulations Jisung-shi, u've become my fav k-actor! Great acting skills. Nevermind ur looks, cos ur acting blinds me into viewing u a very handsome man."

Ji Seong's manner hands, "It's rude to hold a woman's ankle too long"

535833(0)-540912_88957.jpg

Actor Ji Seong apparently showed manner hands in the drama.

SBS "Good Morning" showed the Ji Seong's performance in the drama "Protect the Boss".

With the title, "Why Ji Seong is So Attractive", a section was proceeded with on the TV program.

There was a scene where he held then let go of Choi Kang-hee's ankle. Maybe he thought it was rude to hold her ankle for a long time, he put his knee to it.

Those who have seen this say, "Ji Seong is the best", "He looks well-mannered but he is also considerate" and more.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

Hi,

Thanks NewHeart, willenette and valinor for all pictures, news and posts. :wub:

Welcome joykimlee and thanks.:w00t:

I want to share some new pictures and links.

This picture from SBS_BOSS

414593913.jpg

The link of the news of yesterday' interview. Sorry still only Korean.

Jisung's Interview

These interview pictures. From Baidu.

bbuheng201110032159360.jpg

0040613850120111004.jpg

0040621300120111004.jpg

These pictures from Baidu too. They also don't know exactly where or when.

Probably from a wedding or something like that.

fcfaaf51f3deb48f16cb6c9.jpg

d1a20cf431adcbef0daab34.jpg