❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

'Entertainers' Ji Seong and Hyeri, their hearts start fluttering towards each other

photo725253.jpg

On the episode 9 of SBS "Entertainers", Seok-ho (Ji Seong)'s heart started fluttering towards Green ('Hyeri').

On this day, after Ha-neul encountered Jinu Jinu (Ahn Hyo-seop) at the accident scene, he was shocked to find Gyeong-soo (Choi Min-yeong)'s keychain there. He started suspecting Gyeong-soo as the one who had tried to frame him. Ha-neul still took care of the car accident scene for Jinu, who was suffering from the accident. And then Ha-neul took Jinu to Seok-ho.

Ha-neul told Seok-ho that the reason why he had not informed Seok-ho although he knew that Jinu was the actual culprit was to protect Seok-ho. Seok-ho responded, "It's true that Jinu is like a part of my body. But I cannot let you be accused of something you didn't do" and "you're my singer and also my younger brother". Seok-ho and Green began to work to protect Ddanddara band.

Seok-ho finally could bring Jae-hoon (L.Joe) over to the band to complete the members despite his mother's objection. Everything was going well thanks to their hard-working endeavors. However, Seok-ho was still having trouble due to the 'Jackson Hoarding case'. Green was there to comfort him under the circumstances. He started being drawn to Green, who exuded positive energy all the time under any circumstances. He felt his heart started fluttering towards her.

When he realized this, Seok-ho headed to the place where Green was. When he saw Green there, he said, "You've come this far and what should I do now .You just stay there where you are, Jeong Green".

Watch on Viki

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 1

The Entertainer K-drama LoLs (Lapses of Logic): Ji Sung Is Too Creepy?

b62bcf3b-fdf5-44f0-8854-3544543ff1e6.png

Have you been watching the funny and cute rom-com The Entertainer, starring Ji SungHyeri and Min Hyuk from CNBlue? We're loving it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have its own lapses of logic! Join Stephen in this week's K-drama LoLs as he points out all the funny and true things about the drama, including the fact that Ji Sung's actions might be a little too creepy...

Do you agree with these LoLs? Let us know in the comments below, and don't forget to tell us which drama you want Stephen to tackle for his next episode! And if you liked this, check out the other K-Drama LoLs over here.

source : dramafever

• Like 1

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Entertainers" Episode 10

"Entertainers" episode 10 was, simply put, the strongest it has ever been. The emotional beats were well-played, flowed into plot action, and then twisted into gripping turmoil. My complaints remain, but episode 10 effectively minimized them to nearly negligible.

All of the inherent goodness of the relationships between our boys, Green, Min-joo, Seok-hoo, and Man-seok in "Entertainer Band" has built a solid emotional ground for the team to stand on. They're going to need that dependability because a media storm is about to hit with the fury of KTOP's CEO behind it, and the desperation of Joo-han and Ji-yeong snapping at the new band's heels. Seok-ho has turned a new leaf and uses honesty as his weapon, but it's a double-edged sword. I'm a bit unsure of the realism of this approach, but so far "Entertainers" has done a decent job of creating a fictional world based upon the true trials and tribulations of idol creation and life, and I will trust this situation will be handled accordingly by the writer.

photo725929.jpgposterphoto725928.jpg

As for the romance, I find it more intriguing when the boys are twitterpated all by themselves than when they are with Green. The romance cleverly fuels a few deepening relationships as love secrets are shared, like Yeon-soo's crush on Min-joo, or Ha-neul's crush on Green. And as I've said before, the real romance is between Seok-ho and his "babies", the boys he took in and created a place for them to follow their passion; and also between Seok-ho and Jinu, his older but no less important idol child.

It is Seok-ho's tenderness that throws KTOP's CEO, Joo-han and Ji-yeong into sharp relief as nearly comical villains in their one-track thinking and lack of depth. Seok-ho is not the cutthroat shark he once was, though he is no less ambitious or tenacious. But the CEO, Joo-han, and Ji-yeong are only shown in anger, or greed, or desperation and have been given little else to make them villains worthy of empathy. Those are the best villains, ones we can understand even if we can never agree with them.

"Entertainers" is a show full of characters who work hard and turn things into opportunities. They're not perpetually happy Candy-like characters, but genuinely creative people who take obstacles and make them building blocks. It doesn't always work, but I appreciate that nothing in this show is black and white. It's full of moral gray areas that must be overcome. Opportunities come at costs. Making opportunities come at costs and this band is willing to pay those costs in ways that don't cost them their souls. For example, they turn an event for the elderly into a fun experience and work with the publicity garnered from it.

Although next week could bring harsh circumstances, the ending of this week's episodes felt hopeful, like this group of people gave it their all and will continue to do so. They have hope and strength to build themselves a future.

photo725927.jpg

Written by: Raine from 'Raine's Dichotomy'

"Entertainers" is directed by Hong Seong-chang and Lee Gwang-yeong, written by Yoo Yeong-ah, and features Ji Seong, Hyeri, Kang Min-hyuk, Chae Jeong-an, Jeon No-min, and Jeong Man-sik.

Episode 10

Watch on DramaFever

source : Hancinema

*** According to the viewership rating survey by Nielsen Korea, "Entertainers" scored 7.7% from its last night EP, May 19. :P

• Like 1

What did these celebs want to do before they entered stardom?

Many celebs, including your favorite idols, singers, actresses and actors, may be living large under flashing lights and adored by fans worldwide, but little is known about their dreams before they entered stardom. 

For some of these stars, going down the path of entertainment was not their original dream. They had dreams to go into professional sports, politics, culinary arts, and even Chinese herbal medicine! 

Find out what these stars would have become had they not decided to become the beloved celebs we've come to know and love! 

(skipped unrelated.....)

ji Sung

misc_1463694986_jisung.jpg

Handsome, talented actor Ji Sung actually dreamed of becoming a baseball player. He has even stated that he would have been as good as Ryu Hyun Jin!

source : allkpop

[Drama Review] 'Ddanddara' - Episode 9

Minhyuk-Minhyuk-Hyeri-ji-sung_1463686001

Ddanddara band loses and regains their drummer, Seok Ho is investigated for his past manipulation of music charts, Ha Neul finds out that Seok Ho knew about Jinu being the supposed culprit of the 'rape,' a key clue is discovered at the crime scene, and Seok Ho rediscovers his burgeoning feelings for Geu Rin and realizes that he cannot bring himself to close the distance between the two of them. 

Spoiler

Among all the developments thus far, I think the most important development of all is Seok Ho's continuous growth. He has come so far from the character he was in the beginning of the series; I know I've said this before but I'll say it again because he literally went through the biggest change in the drama. 

ji-sung_1463689858_Screen_shot_2016-05-1

Ha Neul revisits the crime scene and finds a clue which only confuses him more. 

The turning point in his life of hitting rock bottom has helped expose who Seok Ho truly is on the inside: a deeply caring, selfless man who would do anything and everything he could to protect those near and dear to him. He was quick to anger, impatient, and he didn't feel even the teeniest of bit of guilt stepping ruthlessly on people below him; now, however, he is practically the face of prudence. Even after learning that Jinu could be the culprit of the rape, Seok Ho does not do anything, fully aware that exposing Jinu would clear Ha Neul's name. 

ji-sung_1463689921_Screen_shot_2016-05-1

Jinu on the verge of totally slipping

Seok Ho's growth has, in part, to do with Geu Rin's influence. Seok Ho can't help but be drawn to Geu Rin's pure heart and her unconditional sacrifice, an understandable phenomenon as he is starting to see a bit of himself in her. Much like how he cares for his artists, Geu Rin also cares for the people around her, and the two of them find themselves learning from each other on how to truly give. 

ji-sung_1463690086_Screen_shot_2016-05-1

They find each other abhorrent...since this is a K-drama, that must mean they're actually attracted to each other! 

Now, moving on from Seok Ho's growth and his relationship with Geu Rin...Seok Ho believes crucial puzzle pieces are missing to the whole picture of the rape, especially after Ha Neul handed him the key chain which belonged to Lee Ji Young's little brother. The key chain made me realize just how crazy Lee Ji Young is. I mean, this richard simmons forced her own younger brother to film her being 'raped,' for chrissake. I get that you want to be a K-Pop star really badly...but this is not the way to go about it. I don't know about you but getting to be in a K-Pop group honestly doesn't seem worth the trouble of placing your brother in a situation that might traumatize him for life. 

ji-sung_1463690227_Screen_shot_2016-05-1

Any child would take one look at this face and run in the opposite direction. 

And then we've got Jinu who's on the brink of total mental destruction. It's only a couple more episodes now before he eventually breaks down; imagine how he will feel after he learns that he was set up and used by everyone at K-Top! Poor guy...I see no easy way out for him at this point.

Score

Plot: 6

Cinematography: 7

Pacing: 6

OVERALL: 6.3

Spoiler

• Like 1

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Entertainers" Episode 11

This episode of "Entertainers" was particularly heartwarming. As is the trend with the drama, things resolve a bit too easily and the media doesn't have enough power. Despite those faults, there is just something about Seok-ho and his boys that turns hearts into puddles of goo and defy all logic.

There is something special about the brotherhood and family forged by the characters in "Entertainers". Seok-ho, despite his ruthlessness in the beginning, has a knack for bringing people together. It is what makes him a great eye for talent and managing groups. (I do wonder that his malicious habits of years and years just disappear without any efforts to quash them, but that was explained away by his emotional distress over the composer's suicide and the situation with Jinu and Ha-neul.) The boys of the Entertainer Band band together to fight media manipulations and social stigmas: Ha-neul's frame job as the perpetrator of sexual assault and Yeon-soo's young, single fatherhood. I do very much love that such difficult issues are tackled, but I wish both were more directly combatted, especially Yeon-soo's parenthood. He is shown as a caring father who isn't ashamed of his son, which is so important for a younger parent and even more important for the mental welfare of the child.

A woman who is obviously Chan-hee's mother and Yeon-soo's first love appears and for once I'm not opposed to the "return of the ex" that is so popular in K-drama. In this case, Yeon-soo's face is everywhere and it's easy for her to find him. For whatever reason she left, and perhaps it's guilt or love or some other reason that compels her, but she's back. I'm curious to hear her reasoning to leaving Yeon-soo with their son. I'm also curious to see his reaction. He's so even-keeled, a solid support for everyone in the group. This could really throw him off and it might be exciting! Especially since he has a huge crush on Min-joo, the woman who is beautiful, good to his child, and good to their band.

The other romance in the show, Green and Seok-ho, and Ha-neul's crush on Green, seems like an afterthought compared to all of the other escapades. Between the investigation of Ha-neul's record, the band's activites, skirting media harassment while also attempting to harness media power, and surprise fanmeetings, there is almost no room for a lackluster romance. Seok-ho and Green feel like Green and Ha-neul - just like siblings. There is no spark, not like with Ha-neul's feelings for Green. I'm wondering if it has something to do with Hyeri. I felt the same way with her character in "Answer Me 1988". I was never convinced of her romantic emotions, but very much convinced by her platonic ones.

photo727827.jpgposterphoto727828.jpg

Jinu's turn around has been a painful battle against his conscience, and I appreciate the road he walked to get to this point and the fact that he was brave enough to tell the truth despite the fact that it will probably ruin his life. But this is another issue a little too easily dealt with by "Entertainers". It's a series of small problems that are tied up before moving on save for a few undercurrents of mystery like Ji-yeong's frame job and the truth behind Ha-neul's brother's death. This criticism shouldn't detract from the bravery of Jinu's character, but I do hope that the media fallout is properly portrayed and the effects on the lives of our band and Jinu are realistically depicted.

KTOP's CEO and Joo-han are just utter morons. They sit there and get mad and plan evil things without an intelligent word passed between them. They and Ji-yeong are still just reactionary villains who need some beefing out. They are mind-numbingly dull.

In spite of my quibbles, I'm still behind the show for the brotherhood. I hesitate to call it bromance because it is more than that charged word. It is makeshift family that becomes stronger than blood. It is what true friendship looks like. "Entertainers" definitely has it right.

"Entertainers" is directed by Hong Seong-chang and Lee Gwang-yeong, written by Yoo Yeong-ah, and features Ji Seong, Hyeri, Kang Min-hyuk, Chae Jeong-an, Jeon No-min, and Jeong Man-sik.

Episode 11

Watch on DramaFever

MORE --

'Entertainers' Kang Min-hyuk clears up false accusation, Ji Seong, Hyeri romance may speed up

photo727424.jpg

On the episode 11 of "Entertainers", Ha-neul (Kang Min-hyuk) finally could clear up the false accusation of sexual assault.

After the sexual assault scandal, malicious comments about Ha-neul went viral online. Ha-neul tried to pretend he did not care about it and act normally. However, Ddanddara members, Green and Seok-ho were worried about him while they carefully observed how he was doing.

Ha-neul after all fainted due to the stress and was sent to an emergency room. Ha-neul said, "I tried to act I don't care about the comments. But when reading those comments, I felt like as if I had become a criminal. I thought I might die this way". Seok-ho said, "People say malicious comments mean they still have interest in you. But it's not true. It's poision".

Ha-neul became worried about Green, who was having hard time taking care of him. Green told him, "Take care of yourself first. What an affection between siblings". Ha-neul said, "Do you think I am worried about you just because of affection as siblings?" He was about to reveal his emotion towards her. But the employees of his agency came by at the moment. Ha-neul lost his timing to confess.

Seok-ho held a press conference and Jin-woo showed up and confessed he was the culprit. At the same moment, Joo-han also held a press conference and revealed Jin-woo was the one who's responsible for the sexual assault.

Watch on Viki

• Like 1

• Guest changed the title to ❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 | Current Drama 'Entertainer'

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Entertainers" Episode 12

photo727954.jpg

The romance of "Entertainers" has finally kicked up a notch and sparked a few real flames. Seok-ho and Green have a few wonderful moments together. Yeon-soo's life is cracked open for us to peer at and understand that he really is as sweet as he seems to be. The characters are what make "Entertainers" worth the watch. The plot leaves something left to be desired.

Rather than layering story elements and plot threads, the drama has laid out a few central conflicts and peeled away layers of it. This leaves little to be intertwined and twisted into juicy conflict. The villains are still one dimensional. Yoon-seo as Ji-yeong is dull and Joo-han is only saved by Heo Joon-seok's spot on acting. The CEO of KTOP is a waste of a character for the talented Jeon No-min. Seok-ho was asked if he was ready to battle the CEO and I can't help but think, "Hasn't he already been doing that?" The show keeps trying to amp up to this great battle between the CEO and Seok-ho, but failing. The band members and their Mango family are the bread and butter of the show.

photo727955.jpgposterphoto727958.jpg

This episode featured a peek into Yeon-soo's past. Chan-hee's mother and his first love showed up to explain that she was scared and left them, and then that she would leave them again to get married. Kindly Yeon-soo understands, but that doesn't mean that he is any less heartbroken. I wanted more conflict out of this encounter as well. I think I say that every review. This show lacks major conflict. What I did appreciate about the encounter with Chan-hee's mother is that it allowed both Chan-hee and Yeon-soo to cry over the loss. It also allowed Min-joo to potentially step into the cozy family unit of two. It also forces her to open up as a character since she, too, has been rather one dimensional. her thoughts and emotions are always opaque.

The romance between Seok-ho and Green finally blossomed on screen. Ji Seong and Hyeri just weren't jiving romantically before this. Now that the characters themselves are more openly affectionate, the two are bonding and it's easier to get behind the relationship. Ha-neul's denial of the blooming couple before him is starting to be troublesome as he decides to push his feelings on her. I'm not a fan of this aspect of K-drama. The only thing left to do is wait to see how they both respond to the imminent rejection.

photo727956.jpgposterphoto727957.jpg

Episode 12

Watch on DramaFever

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of May 23-29, 2016

dramaratings_2.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

Wednesday, May 25      
Master—God of Noodle 9 KBS 6.8%
Lucky Romance 1 MBC 10.3%
Entertainer 11 SBS 7.5%
Thursday, May 26      
Master—God of Noodle 10 KBS 8.0%
Lucky Romance 2 MBC 8.7%
Entertainer 12 SBS 8.6%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/05/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-may-23-29-2016/

• Like 1

'Entertainer's team says Ji Seong is the man of manner thoroughly

photo728828.jpg

"Entertainers" Ji Seon and 'Hyeri's chemistry shines through.

SBS Wednesday & Thursday drama, "Entertainers" has captured the moments from Ji Seon and Hyeri's Green umbrella romance that made the drama fans' hearts flutter and did not let the fans fall asleep easily that night.

The revealed photos show Ji Seong's eye contact, so sweet that you might think honey is about to start dripping out his eyes.

According an insider, Ji Seong showed off his first class manner taking care of 'Hyeri' before they started filming. He combed Hyeri's tangled hair with his hands and paid detailed attention to his acting partner.

'Hyeri' reacted to this with her fresh smile she gets to put on her face automatically whenever he sees Ji Seong. Her twinkling eyes looking at Ji Seong also makes Ji Seong smile as well.

Ji Seong and Hyeri are trustful seonbae and hoobae just like their characters Seok-ho and Green in the drama. Their real life chemistry is resolved and seen in the drama entirely and makes the drama fans' hearts go thump.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

• Like 1

June 2, 2016

‘Entertainer’ tops viewer ratings

SBS drama series “Entertainer” topped local viewer ratings Wednesday, beating Wednesday-Thursday competitors “Lucky Romance,” the new series from MBC, and KBS2’s “Master: God of Noodles,” according to local researcher Nielsen Korea.

“Entertainer,” costarring Hyeri of Girl’s Day and actor Ji Sung, attracted 8.4 percent of viewers in its time slot, followed by “Lucky Romance” at 8 percent and “Master: God of Noodles” at 7.2 percent.

Local media cited the love triangle between Hyeri, Ji Sung and CNBLUE’s Kang Min-hyuk branching out and the truth behind the killing of Kang’s brother being revealed as the reason for the win.

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1

12 Dramas Where The Male Leads Were Jerks But We Fell For Them Anyway

(skipped unrelated.....)

There is a fairly large trend of rude or brusque male lead characters in dramas; and even though it might not be very logical to fall for a cold person who acts like a jerk, we usually end up falling for these rascals anyways. Maybe the term “jerk” is a little harsh for some of the characters on this list, but most of these main men either have a “tsundere” personality (Cold outward behavior while actually warm and caring), or they have a straight up bad personality that changes throughout the story.

Here are just a few dramas, in no specific order, that have the bad boys who shamelessly stole our hearts!

Secret 3

This Korean thriller melodrama is a very dark but enthralling drama, as it explores the pain and happiness love can cause. Min Hyuk runs of with our affections before we can stop him in this powerful story!

Min Hyuk (Ji Sung) is a cold second-generation chaebol with an indifferent countenance. He eventually begins to open his heart to his girlfriend, who tragically dies in a hit-and-run accident, leaving him set on revenge. Stopping at nothing to give her “justice,” Min Hyuk finds himself closer to finding out about her killer than he ever hoped to be when he starts to fall in love again.

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

7 Gorgeous South Korean celebrity couples who set 2016 relationship goals

66a1e417-9a50-4098-b9b7-0c2a96030aae.png

The bar for relationship goals is unbelievably high thanks to a number of beautiful celebrity couples that inspired us this year. Getting hitched, giving birth, donating to charities, or just keeping their relationship private in this social media-controlled world are all goals many of us hope to achieve. Whether you are in the public eye or not, you can't help but marvel at their impressive trendsetting ways!

(skipped unrelated.....)

4. Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young 

I feel like they created the hashtag #relationshipgoals. The proud parents of a baby girl have always been affectionate with each other and open about their relationship since Day One. Over the years, they weathered many negative reports and break-up rumors until they wed in 2013. The Entertainer star and the I Hear Your Voice actress' strong bond makes them great role models. 

14bd3a6b-f58f-4ca2-a0b3-3e95a56aef37.jpg

• Like 1

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Entertainers" Episode 16

Spoiler

"Entertainers" has fallen into a predictable pattern: the fallen will redeem themselves except for CEO Joon-seok, and not even that is set in stone. Characters aren't developing as much as reacting to events. Tears are the main staple of emotional provocation. While the situations the characters find themselves in are moving, and Ji Seong is great, it's starting to get dull. And I'm worried the last two episodes will be one big cheeseball romantic fest, or have a quick dash of excitement to keep audiences guessing.

Like Seok-ho, Joo-han, and Jinu before him, Joon-ha, the singer who stole Ha-neul's older brother's song, is forced to reckon with his past and make the right decision. Despite the CEO attempting to convince him to remain in silence, Joon-ha is moved by Seok-ho's and Ha-neul's pleas and decides to come clean. Like the other confessed souls on the show, Joon-ha's loved ones support the decision without a fight. While it's sweet, the parallels in all of the redeemed characters on the show are wearisome.

en1en2

Just a logistical question: how did they make a full-body hologram of Ha-neul's older brother if the only recorded version of the song was a half bodied front shot? How was he looking and smiling at Ha-neul? It was a touching scene, but logistics confused me.

And what about the romance? Did Ha-neul forget his feelings? Did Seok-ho? Normally such feelings affect every interaction with a person and we only see it when the writer intends to show romance. With so little development on this front, I except a zippy resolution to the lack of a kiss, to the lack of a couple status, and grudging acceptance on Ha-neul's part. I'd be happy if no one got together, but such is not the way of dramaland.

en3ej4

Episode 16

Watch on DramaFever

MORE --

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Entertainers" Episode 15

photo732444.jpg

The elements of "Entertainers" that make it poignant are also its weak points. Ji Seong is powerful in his delivery of melodrama and tears, the crying is appropriately moving, and the conflict is well set-up, if a bit slow. And that's the crux of the matter: everything is a bit slow and tends to perseverate.

In real life, tragedy is consuming and the person suffering from tragedy may take years to a lifetime to deal with that tragedy. But in fiction, this very real and present plot element needs to be properly presented to be effective, especially in the day and age of technology, fast moving news and the flood of television entertainment available. A slower-paced drama or film isn't bad, but there is a fine line between slow and lagging. "Entertainers" has crossed into that "lagging" category on occasion. There are so many (well-acted) tears that they become overwhelming and then easy to ignore. There is so much anger on the part of the CEO that he, too, becomes easy to ignore. This is sad because the CEO transformed from a considerate human being into a self-centered man on purpose. He made the active decision to  benefit only himself. For the first time he became interesting, and the overwhelming anger and lack of solid characterization detracts from that.

en1en2

There is a general theme of atonement in "Entertainers". Wrongs weigh on people and eventually come to light in order to alleviate the suffering of guilt and conscience. Seok-ho's entire character softened when he atoned for his KTOP wrongs. Jinu came clean on the false sexual assault case because of his conscience. Now Choi Joon-ha, the man who stole Ha-neul's older brother's song, seems to be on his way to confess his thieving sins. It's a good lesson, but many people aren't so forthcoming or brave, especially when they live in the limelight and have to suffer the Korean media as a result. Even Ha-neul's major issues with Seok-ho are resolved within a single episode and aren't left to be worked out in a more natural course. Things wrap up relatively quickly aside from the huge plot points.

Ha-neul's brother makes a bigger appearance now, in flashback, which makes me wish for more of him in past episodes. It would make the audience more attached to him. Not that his situation and Ha-neul's and Seok-ho's situations aren't sad, but it would be more powerful had he been better integrated from the beginning.

en3en4

The upcoming battle, however, will be exciting. Ha-neul wants to explose Choi Joon-ha's song as truly belonging to his brother and sing it on public television. The effect of that will be to highlight KTOP's CEO as a thief and liar and then (hopefully) have him suffer the subsequent consequences. I hope we get to see more music performance because of it. We've seen very little in a show about a band.

Episode 15

Watch on DramaFever

Spoiler

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of June 6-12, 2016

dramaratings_2.jpg

Lucky Romance is doing the best out of the Wednesday-Thursday shows, though not by any huge margin–Entertainer followed close behind, along with Master—God of Noodle pulling up the rear. Doesn’t seem like there’ll be any huge shakeups in this lineup, but then again, you never know.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Wednesday, June 8      
Master—God of Noodle 13 KBS 7.9%
Lucky Romance 5 MBC 8.4%
Entertainer 15 SBS 7.2%
Thursday, June 9      
Master—God of Noodle 14 KBS 6.9%
Lucky Romance 6 MBC 8.9%
Entertainer 16 SBS 7.9%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/06/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-june-6-12-2016/

• Like 1

*** Wow, time flies so fast - I can't believe it's has been a year!  Happy 1st Birthday, Ji Yoo! :P

Ji Sung wishes his daughter a happy first birthday

lee-bo-young-ji-sung_1465833298_af_org.j

Actor Ji Sung wished his baby girl a happy belated first birthday right on his Instagram! 

SEE ALSO: [Op-Ed] Why BTS doesn't deserve all the hate they're getting

Though the Ji Sung-Lee Bo Young couple held a small scale, private first birthday bash for their baby this past June 11, Ji Sung couldn't be with Ji Yoo on her actual birth date which lands on June 13. 

Thus, the actor uploaded a picture of a cute lil' cake on his Instagram for his baby girl, with the caption, "I feel so sorry that I can't be with her for her first birthday~~ㅠㅠ Everyone! Please wish her a happy birthday <3." 

Happy first birthday Ji Yoo!

https://igcdn-photos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpl1/t51.2885-15/s480x480/e35/13398888_277958555927321_694621366_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTI3MTU4ODY0MDc3MDcyMjM0OA%3D%3D.2

• Like 1

[Drama Review] 'Ddanddara' - Episode 16

If the drama had ended after this episode like it was supposed to, I still would have been completely satisfied with the ending.

Spoiler

Everything resolved perfectly what with Choi Joon Ha coming clean about his songs not really being his songs, Ha Neul finding peace with Choi Joon Ha and his brother Sung Hyun's death, and getting to honor his brother by standing on stage and singing "You Can Cry." 

What's more, Ha Neul got to sing right alongside his brother...well, his brother's hologram. But what matters is that the Jo brothers finally stood on stage together and that Ha Neul achieved his longtime dream of becoming a singer. It couldn't more touching and satisfying finally getting to see Ha Neul fulfill his own dream and clear his brother's name.  

ji-sung_1465857033_Screen_shot_2016-06-1

Jinu comes face to face with a difficult decision. 

This closure would not have been possible if not for Seok Ho who insisted on meeting with Choi Joon Ha and exhorted him to reveal the truth. Seok Ho's selfless act probably moved me more than Ha Neul's coming to terms with Choi Joon Ha's betrayal and Sung Hyun's death. 

Just think about it; Seok Ho went full circle from being at the top of the world to the darkest depths of failure and climbing slowly back up top after a taking a reflective, painful trip toward self-discovery. In this process, he learned to consider others more deeply, the prime example in this episode being his reluctance to expose Choi Joon Ha for stealing Jo Sung Hyun's songs. 

ji-sung_1465856989_Screen_shot_2016-06-1

Ha Neul crying for his brother and his unfair death. 

The old Seok Ho would not have given a damn what happened to Choi Joon Ha but that Seok Ho is gone. I think that growth displayed by Seok Ho is one of the most touching parts about this whole drama. I can safely say that most everyone probably hated Seok Ho's guts for being a pompous little richard simmons in the beginning of the drama but now he's successfully redeemed himself to be Ddanddara's more than able caretaker and Mango Entertainment's CEO. 

And boy, was I glad to see Lee Joon Seok lose his marbles and throw a tantrum like he is a two-year-old infant. I like how the drama drew the parallel between Lee Joon Seok and Seok Ho, comparing the two of them for their tendencies to use any means to achieve an end. But the main difference between the Seok Ho and Lee Joon Seok is that Seok Ho was able to move onto become a better person while Lee Joon Seok remained his same self-serving, venal self. 

ji-sung_1465856931_Screen_shot_2016-06-1

Lee Joon Seok on the verge of total insanity after every one of his evil schemes fail.

Now that there are two more episodes left, I'm waiting for how the writers wrapped up the so-called romance between Seok Ho and Geu Rin. Though, leaving it like as it is now would have been perfectly fine as well, especially considering that I (and many others) wasn't feeling the 'love line' between the two leads. And since it's not really a romance drama but a more a slice of life story on friendship, family, and self-discovery. A romance wasn't really needed at all but this is a Korean drama after all. 

ji-sung_1465856853_Screen_shot_2016-06-1
Ha Neul finally getting stand on stage with Sung Hyun. FEEELZZZZ. 

Score

Plot: 7

Cinematography: 7

Pacing: 7

OVERALL: 7

Spoiler

• Like 1

Ji Sung Wishes His Baby Girl ′Happy Birthday′

Ji Sung has shared a happy birthday message to his daughter Ji Yoo.

On June 13, the actor posted a photo on his personal Instagram along with a message wishing his daughter a happy birthday.

Ji Sung Wishes His Baby Girl ′Happy Birthday′

Ji Sung and actress wife Lee Bo Young held a small first birthday party for their daughter over the weekend on June 11, but Ji Yoo′s actual birthday falls on June 13.

The actor who was unable to be with his daughter on the day of her birthday posted this message along with the photo, "Ji Yoo′s first birthday #LeeBoYoung #JiSung I′m sorry I can′t be with you on your first birthday~~ㅠㅠ Everyone! Please wish her a happy birthday <3."

The revealed photo shows a cake with candles that write out "PRINCESS 4EVER" along with a short Korean message that reads, "Ji Yoo, be healthy and we love you."

Meanwhile, the Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young were married in 2013 and had their daughter last June.

Photo credit: Ji Sung Instagram / enews

• Like 1

Ji Sung stares lovingly at Hyeri in MV for Giriboy's 'Ddanddara' OST

Giriboy's MV for his 'Ddanddara' OST contribution, "Move," is out, featuring Mad Color!

The song is uplifting, bright and cheery, while the MV delineates the love triangle with Hyeri, Ji Sung, and Minhyuk... which is a bit awkward because when Ji Sung smiles at Hyeri all lovingly, he just looks like her uncle, but whatever.

Check out the OST above!

• Like 1

Seoulmates Profile: Everything you need to know about Ji Sung

f4286a69-a90f-4b00-bdc7-b6f0e495e34a.png

With two hit dramas in Kill Me Heal Me and The EntertainerJi Sung is shaping up to be one of those great actors that we keep an eye on at all times, waiting for their next project. But did you know about his turn in the 2003 drama All In, or that he was expected to become a teacher like his parents? Find out all you need to know about this actor in this week's Seoulmates Profile!

What is your favorite Ji Sung drama so far?

• Like 2

"Entertainers" ends in last place

photo735110.jpg

"Entertainers" ended last.

According to Nielsen Korea, the eighteenth episode of the SBS drama "Entertainers" rated 7.8%. This is 0.3% more than the previous episode but still came in last.

KBS 2TV "Master - God of Noodles" came in first with 9.0%. This is 2.1% more than the previous episode.

MBC "Lucky Romance" rated 8.7%. This is 1.1% less than the previous episode.

Source : biz.heraldcorp.com/vi...

• Like 1