❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Entertainers" Episode 6

"Entertainers" is moving full-stead ahead as the drummer joins the band, Seok-ho finds the will to move forward, and the bad guys plan their nefarious deeds to cover up past nefarious deads. A little awkwardness in plot organization gums up the works, but the damage isn't too bad. The show is doing better in ratings as well - 8.3%.

What was awkward in this episode was the attempt to speed up the pace by explaining a way a lot of time and the formation of the band and the album. We don't see the newest band member, drummer Seo Jae-hoon, a mama's boy and Seoul University student, bond with the rest of the band. The same strange passage of time also happened when Seok-ho ran away to find himself. Character-wise, Green's outbursts and petty fights with Seok-ho are adorable, but they didn't seem to fit what we'd seen of her so far.

ent1ent2

Mr. Byun turns out to have a connection with KTOP's CEO and also has knowledge about Ha-neul's brother's death: the CEO supposedly killed him. The shifty things going around in this drama are intriguing, but so many things are a tad to coincidental. Everyone who has committed a wrong knows everyone else. However, the actors are just nailing their roles. Heo Joon-seok as the slimy Joo-han plays the character with just enough oil and deceit to make us hate him, and a raging undercurrent of insecurity that makes us understand him.

Jae-hoon the drummer is just as much of a misfit as the rest of the boys although he doesn't know it. He's a top-scoring university student who always listens to his mother and has a secret love for pounding out fierce rhythms on the drums. He's an artist trapped in a mama's boy body who is most definitely about to start leading a double life. That's fun. He's as cleanly defined as the other characters in the band, which is good. There's a lot going on in this show and that leaves no time for grey area character writing.

The heart of this show, though, is Ji Seong. He's so raw with his emotions as the erratic, determined, ever-evolving Seok-ho. This episode saw Seok-ho learn to pay his way by using his pride. It required a few tears and time in the corner to overcome, but he did it. Seok-ho hasn't lost his trademark flair complete with flailing arm gestures and smarmy manipulation tactics. And neither has he lost the will to prove Ha-neul innocent. With circumstances shaping up as they are, it will be a long road he and his band of misfits will have to tread. At least they have each other.

ent3ent4

Written by: Raine from 'Raine's Dichotomy'

"Entertainers" is directed by Hong Seong-chang and Lee Gwang-yeong, written by Yoo Yeong-ah, and features Ji Seong, Hyeri, Kang Min-hyuk, Chae Jeong-an, Jeon No-min, and Jeong Man-sik.

ent 5ent6

Episode 6

Watch on DramaFever

source : Hancinema

• Like 1

[Drama Review] 'Ddanddara' - Episode 5

Minhyuk-Minhyuk-Hyeri-ji-sung_1462480769

Spoiler

This episode was a very emotional, near tear-jerking experience, mostly thanks to Ji Sung's moving performance. Though the previous episodes made me feel like I was slugging through mounds of mud, this particular episode managed to hold my attention, and I found myself skipping less scenes than usual. 

Seok Ho probably jumped several rungs up the ladder of character development in just the five episodes that I've watched thus far. In the beginning, he only looked out for his own skin and was livin' large at the top of the entertainment industry food chain. Then the people he trusted pulled the wool over his eyes, and he found out the terrible truth: Jin Woo, the Jackson member whom he had cared for the most while he was at K-Top, was smack dab in the middle of the whole 'rape' case involving that skeeze Ji Young and Ha Neul. 

ji-sung_1462480851_Screen_shot_2016-05-0

I'm the evil K-Top CEO and there's absolutely nothing you can do!

ji-sung_1462480911_Screen_shot_2016-05-0

Oh yeah, you pathetic little fop? We'll see about that. 

But little does Seok Ho know that Jin Woo (and Ji Young) were just pawns in Lee Joon Seok and Joo Han's grand scheme to permanently ruin Seok Ho, kick him to the curb, and keep him there meek and silent. And their plan worked almost flawlessly--almost. No one, especially not Seok Ho, was supposed to know about this plan, but thanks to some unintentional sleuthing on the part of Geu Rin, Seok Ho found about it anyway. 

Joo Han claims that Jin Woo 'overdosed' on substances and tried to 'rape' Ji Young, then blamed Ha Neul, who just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, for the rape. What likely happened was that Joo Han and Lee Joon Seok drugged Jin Woo, ordered Ji Young to make it appear as if Jin Woo raped her to permanently taint Ji Woo and Jackson's reputation, which in turn would taint Seok Ho's reputation. But when Ha Neul had shown up at their premeditated crime scene, Joo Han and Lee Joon Seok no longer needed to frame Jin Woo; they figured they could just keep Jin Woo and Jackson at K-Top and make poor Ha Neul the scapegoat. 

ji-sung_1462481036_Screen_shot_2016-05-0

Tearful, emotional, touching bro talk session that kinda led...nowhere. 

Seok Ho of course has no idea that Joo Han and Lee Joo Seok planned the entire thing beforehand, and is devastated to learn that Jin Woo is the culprit. This terrible truth leads to Seok Ho's false realization that he is not worthy to lead Ddanddara to anything. So what does Seok Ho do? He pulls the 'suddenly disappear' card on everyone, fleeing his own shame and fears because he doesn't think he has what it takes to shape Ddanddara into the greatest band in K-Pop. It's interesting how the drama draws the parallel between Seok Ho and Ha Neul. They're both in the process of overcoming the greatest challenge in their lives, and at the sign of a first major obstacle, their instincts told them both to take flight rather than fight. But giving up without a fight isn't helping anyone, especially not themselves.

ji-sung_1462481135_Screen_shot_2016-05-0

Guy in the middle: please save me from these two idiots...

The greatest obstacles for Ha Neul and Seok Ho are not the external forces that work against them but rather, their inner struggles. In the last episode, Ha Neul believed that he was the woe of, and would be, the eventual death of Ddanddara. However, Seok Ho gave Ha Neul the exact remedy he needed to regain self-assurance and pursue his dreams again. In this episode, Seok Ho is afraid that he will lead the boys down nowhere but the path of destruction. 

ji-sung_1462481331_Screen_shot_2016-05-0

Trying to outrun a car on a busy street = never a good idea 

Something tells me that now it is Ha Neul's turn to bring Seok Ho back to Ddanddara. And once Ha Neul succeeds--and you know he will--in convincing Seok Ho to return, no longer will the two be running from anything or anyone--not even themselves. In more ways than one, Ddanddara is everyone's ticket to redemption; it's the band's fragile existence which lends hope to the ragtag bunch that things are going to look up. They all need to band, but more importantly, they need one another to make the band happen. He can neither fight his inner demons nor K-Top on his own: this marks only the beginning of the real battle that is yet to come. 

Score: 

Plot: 7

Cinematography: 8

Pacing: 8

Overall: 7.7 

source : allkpop

Spoiler

• Like 1

Ji Sung Dubbed “The Chemistry God” On Set Of “Entertainer”

Ji Sung Dubbed “The Chemistry God” On Set Of “Entertainer”

Actor Ji Sung is gaining attention for his eye-catching performance on SBS drama “Entertainer.” In the drama, he plays Shin Suk Ho, an entertainment manager who has hits rock bottom after falling from his professional peak.

He interacts with many different characters, and appropriately portrays being caring, charismatic, serious, or humorous depending on the relationship. The actor’s diverse and convincing acting allows viewers to be more deeply immersed in the story line.

The main role Ji Sung plays is a dependable big brother to the band members. However, he shows viewers that his character can easily switch being a ‘sociable best friend,’ or ‘fiery competitor,’ giving the drama depth with both suspense and humor.

Ji Sung

A representative of the drama states, “Ji Sung works well with whoever he is filming with at the moment. He is known to be the chemistry god on set. Even off-camera, Ji Sung is considerate of the other actors and contributes to a bright and warm environment. This has a direct influence on the drama itself as well.”

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

6 Seemingly Cold-Hearted Drama Characters Who Are Actually Sweet And Lovable

6 Seemingly Cold-Hearted Drama Characters Who Are Actually Sweet And Lovable

Who could resist the shy yet sweet smile of someone who seems like they wouldn’t smile at all?

There have been many tsundere drama characters over the years, some more memorable than others. Tsundere, originally a Japanese term, is often used to describe characters who seem cold and distant at first, usually blunt to the point of being hostile. However, they actually have warm hearts and hide their affections behind a facade.

Often times, they will act very standoffish in front of the person they like, but will warmly look after them from afar. While they find it difficult to express their affections face to face, they will do everything they can, behind the scenes, to make that person happy.

These types of characters are popular with many fans, sometimes more so than characters who are kind and sweet all the time.

Below are six characters from Korean dramas that captivated fans’ hearts with their sweet actions, despite their cold outer demeanor.

(skipped unrelated.....)

6. Ji Sung as Shin Se Gi (one of Cha Do Hyun’s personalities) in MBC’s “Kill Me, Heal Me

Ji Sung Kill Me Heal Me

Who is your favorite tsundere character? What other drama characters can you think of that would fit in this category?

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

*** I'm happy with this news. The extension will be good as long as the additional EPs won't be draggy. :P

SBS confirms 'Ddanddara' will be extended

Minhyuk-Minhyuk-Hyeri-LJoe-ji-sung_14630

On May 12, SBS has officially confirmed the news that 'Ddanddara' will be extended by 2 episodes!

The broadcasting station revealed, "The viewers' requests to cover the growth process of the Ddanddara band more in detail are increasing. As a result, we've decided to extend the drama. The staff and crew will do our best to create a story more people can relate to." 

Who's excited to watch more of 'Ddanddara'?

• Like 1

Ji Sung shows concern for Hyeri's health

Hyeri-ji-sung_1462977496_af_org.jpg

Can we make sure these celebrities get enough rest so they don't have to keep attaching themselves to IV drips?

During the press conference for SBS's 'Ddanddara' held at the production center on May 11, Ji Sung relayed the atmosphere on set.  "To tell the truth," he began, "Hyeri just got connected to an IV drip before coming here.  During the last filming, we all caught a cold together, so I was worried."

Hyeri advised, "Everyone here today should also make sure to watch their hands and be careful of catching the cold after this ends."  Minhyuk concluded, "I didn't catch it, so you don't have to worry about me."

• Like 1

“Entertainer” Gets Extended By SBS

“Entertainer” Gets Extended By SBS

On March 12, SBS revealed that drama “Entertainer” will be getting extended.

A representative stated, “The reports that there were discussions to extend ‘Entertainer’ are true. It has been confirmed that it will be extended by two episodes. We hope you will have interest and watch.”

“Entertainer” had been planned to have 16 episodes but will now have 18 following the extension. Viewers will have one more week with the drama.

An affiliate of “Entertainer” commented, “Following the development of the story of the Ddanddara Band becoming whole, there have been many requests from viewers for a story about the band’s bright and hopeful story about their growth. We decided to extend because of this. The producers, cast, and everyone will do their best to make a solid story and sympathetic story.”

You can watch “Entertainer” every Wednesday and Thursday when it airs around 10 p.m. KST.

Source (1) / soompi news

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Entertainers" Episode 8

photo723687.jpg

"Entertainers" is getting messier in organization but that didn't stop it from tying with "Goodbye Mr. Black" at 8.6% for first place tonight. Indubitably, the spike upwards in ratings are due to the increased romantic presence in the storyline and with Ha-neul's direct confrontation with Jinu.

The sexual assault scandal and how desperately the characters endeavor to hide or expose it provides a lot of raw plot fodder. It is how this fodder is used that is questionable. The boys and Seok-ho charge forward without truly thinking of the ramifications of their social circumstance. These accusations are so horrendous in terms of the content and what they mean socially that the show needs to more deeply considered how they are portrayed. The same holds true for less grievous issues like Kyle's wounded pride and his fractured friendship with the cameo Seo Kang-joon. It's such a great moment for Kyle, but it's overplayed, and not properly filled out. This is a pattern for the show, which is to thrust an event or a character in our face then explain after we've had sudden exposure. In some cases it works, and some it doesn't. In the case of Kyle, I'd have appreciated more buildup surrounding his insecurity. Jae-hoon had enough buildup because we knew he was a mama's boy and his mama is fulfilling that.

photo723688.jpgposterphoto723690.jpg

Then we have Green who I'm still not syncing with as a character. She works hard and cares immensely for Ha-neul and the boys - but what else? She still seems rather mundane and her "romance " with Ji Seong is still flat.

Jinu's character is one that I appreciate. He is terribly flawed, mentally anguished, and his conscience is ripping him apart. The confrontation with Ha-neul (and hopefully repeated meetings) was such an exciting cliffhanger and I'm hoping the show doesn't cop out.

Seok-ho is also being forced to reckon with his past behavior and his hindsight vision is certainly 20/20. He repeatedly kicks himself for what he did. He has changed, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have to take responsibility for his unprofessional actions. I like that.

photo723689.jpgposterphoto723691.jpg

Here's to hoping the romance is more believable next week, to hearing wonderful music, and to see Ha-neul brought to justice.

What did you think, HanCinema Readers? Do you think that Ji-seong and Hyeri are a good pair? Or do you prefer her with Kang Min-hyuk?

"Entertainers" is directed by Hong Seong-chang and Lee Gwang-yeong, written by Yoo Yeong-ah, and features Ji Seong, Hyeri, Kang Min-hyuk, Chae Jeong-an, Jeon No-min, and Jeong Man-sik.

Episode 8

Watch on DramaFever

• Like 1

2 hours ago, willenette said:

*** I'm happy that "Entertainers" ties Goodbye Mr. Black for 1st place now. According to the viewership rating survey by Nielsen Korea the drama aired last night, May 12 recorded 8.6% nationwide. "Entertainers" went up from previous 7.8%. :P

That's great news!  I'm happy for Ji Sung.

• Like 2

Ji Sung Posts Sweet Message For Wife Lee Bo Young’s Debut Anniversary

Ji Sung Posts Sweet Message For Wife Lee Bo Young’s Debut Anniversary

Actor Ji Sung celebrates wife Lee Bo Young’s acting debut anniversary with a sweet message.

On May 15, Ji Sung posted an endearing message and photo to commemorate Lee Bo Young’s debut. His Instagram reads, “Thank you for being our star for 14 years and 122,760 hours.” The caption reads, “Congratulations hoobae Lee Bo Young.”

Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young tied the knot in September of 2013 after a seven-year-long courtship. They welcomed their first child into the world in June of last year.

Ji Sung is currently starring in SBS Wednesday-Thursday drama “Entertainer” with Girl’s Day’s Hyeri, CNBLUE’s Kang Min Hyuk, and Chae Jung An

source

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 2

Drama viewership ratings for the week of May 9-15, 2016

dramaratings_2.jpg

Otherwise, no big shakeups for the Wednesday-Thursday dramas, other than Goodbye Mr. Black and Entertainer tying for first—though not by much.

Wednesday, May 11      
Master—God of Noodle 5 KBS 6.6%
Goodbye Mr. Black 17 MBC 9.5%
Entertainer 7 SBS 7.8%
Thursday, May 12      
Master—God of Noodle 6 KBS 7.3%
Goodbye Mr. Black 18 MBC 8.6%
Entertainer 8 SBS 8.6%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/05/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-may-9-15-2016/

• Like 1

***JS is so cute. :P

Ji Sung repays fans for their snack cart with aegyo

ji-sung_1463501681_af_org.jpg

Ji Sung recently shared a cute and sweet gift sent to the set of his drama 'Ddanddara' on his Instagram!

The other day, he shared two sets of pictures showing the snack cart sent by his fans to show their support, as well as provide him and the other staff members with energy!  In one picture, he stands before the cart and does cute aegyo, which fans were probably overjoyed to see.

SEE ALSO: Ji Sung almost appeared in 'Descendants of the Sun'?

Netizens gushed, "I like that expression so much," "Eat a lot and gain strength, oppa," "I really want to see 'Ddanddara' tomorrow quickly," and more.

• Like 1

For Your Viewing Pleasure: On-screen Couples

20160425_seoulbeats_hyeri_jisung

Welcome back to For Your Viewing Pleasure, where we take time out of the week to curate a set of photos from the K-pop landscape.

The title says it all. Leading couples in dramas and film often take to pictorials to promote their work, and it’s often interesting to see their chemistry on paper instead of on the screen.

Ji Sung & Hyeri | InStyle (above and below)

20160425_seoulbeats_hyeri

20160425_seoulbeats_jisung

20160425_seoulbeats_hyeri_jisung1

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : seoulbeats

• Like 1

New steal cuts of Ji Sung & Hye Ri from 'Entertainer' released

New steal cuts of Ji Sung and Hye Ri from 'Entertainer' have been unleashed.

On May 18th, the production team of SBS drama 'Entertainer' released new steal cuts of Ji Sung (playing as Shin Suk Ho) and Hye Ri (playing as Jung Green).

The newly released steal cuts are from the scene that showed Hye Ri getting her driving lesson. Hye Ri and Ji Sung started quarreling each other from the very beginning, and started fighting over caramel macchiato later on. However, the two are showing lovely look together in the car, and a great number of fans and netizens are showing huge even greater anticipation for future episodes.

In one of the steal cuts, Ji Sung is complaining with his eyes widely opened, and Hye Ri is showing a lovely look, not giving much attention to what Ji Sung says.

Hye Ri is not fighting back even though Ji Sung is continuously complaining on her, and many fans and netizens are showing hot reactions for their fabulous chemistry.

Other steal cuts show Hye Ri holding the steering wheel while wearing sunglasses on, and Ji Sung is sitting right beside her, also wearing sunglasses.

Ji Sung is scowling at Hye Ri with his lips sticking out, but Hye Ri is showing a bright smile, not paying much attention to Ji Sung.

The shoot was held on May 13th, and Ji Sung and Hye Ri entertained all of the staffs with endless ad-libs. Hye Ri, who is well known for her overflowing energy, kept putting smile on Ji Sung's face, and it is said that Ji Sung also entertained everyone with his humorous character.

Meanwhile, channel SBS' new TV series, 'Entertainer,' is a drama about a rookie band called 'Ddanddara' and a guy named Shin Suk Ho (played by Ji Sung), who becomes the band's manager.

New steal cuts of Ji Sung & Hye Ri from 'Entertainer' released

/Reporting by Kim Hye-in en@starnnews.com

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Entertainers" Episode 9

The glitter of "Entertainers" has dulled a bit as the drama soldiers on, doing battle with backstories, overbearing mothers, tragic pasts, and personal foibles. The setup and premise of "Entertainers" is as solid as ever, but the resolutions of issues is a point of contention between me and this show.

Jae-hoon's story was the central focus of episode 9. His mother has a dream for him and he follows it to please her, but it isn't his. The overbearing mother is nothing new to drama, and neither is a son learning to break away from the forced cocoon. "Entertainers" manages to make it feel real and personal because of Jae-hoon's relationship with his bandmates and with Seok-ho, the band's surrogate father. When he finally stands on his own and smiles to follow his dream, the moment was rewarding, but it happened way to quickly. In the course of an episode, his story had come full circle. I am usually the last person to ask for more overbearing mommy-issues, but in this case, I'd be glad for his mother to step back in and put up a little fight or else it would just be too easy, too neatly tied, much like Kyle's story.

ent1ent2

A story that has become quite intense is that between Ha-neul and Jinu. They've met face-to-face, traded words, seethed with anger, and now both are more uneasy than ever. Ha-neul wonders if Jinu is telling the truth about his unconscious involvement in the incident, and Jinu's guilt weighs even heavier now that he's experienced Ha-neul's implicit kindness. Perhaps they will become reluctant partners in the battle against selfish Ji-yeong and KTOP. Theirs is a relationship whose complexity is scintillating and that energy is something that would benefit the rest of the drama, especially the romance. The romance between Seok-ho and Green is achingly sweet, but leans towards platonic love more than romantic. The intense romantic energy comes from Ha-neul. I'm hoping Ji-seong and Hyeri can find some magic.

The slow walk towards Green that Seok-ho makes at the end of the drama was a laugh-out-loud moment, but not in a good way. It was so cheesy that it felt far removed from the rest of the drama. The episode ending following it was equally unsettling in that the lack of tension left the hour feeling lackluster.

ent3ent4

Episode 9

Watch on DramaFever

*** According to the viewership rating survey by Nielsen Korea, "Entertainers" recorded 7.8% last night, May 18, which placed the drama at second  by the slight difference in numbers. :P

• Like 1