❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

'Confession' puts true friendship to the test

photo455930.jpg

Actors Ji Sung, Joo Ji-hoon and Lee Kwang-soo are talented actors in their field of expertise, from rom-com films to melodramas and even on reality shows.

But seeing the three of them side by side as best friends in a murky crime film? The unlikely combination raised question marks but also triggered curiosity about what kind of “guy” story the three male actors are going to tell.

Surprisingly, “Confession” doesn’t conform to the usual template of Korea’s crime or noir films that depict palm-sweating chases and fights accompanied by a large amount of blood. Instead, it examines the essence of human relationships by showing how the once inseparable trio end up separated and alone when the good intentions of one friend results in horrible scenarios for the other two.

“I tried to show as much reality as possible,” said the movie’s director Lee Do-yun at a press screening held on June 25 at Wangsimni CGV in northeastern Seoul. “I wanted to make a story about human relationships that anybody, regardless of gender, could sympathize with.”

And he pulled it off in his debut feature film “Confession,” which follows the fate of three best friends ? Hyun-tae, In-chul and Min-soo - played by Ji, Joo and Lee, respectively, after Hyun-tae’s mother is killed in what seems to be a planned crime. Hyun-tae, the most introverted of the three characters, seeks help from his two best friends, without knowing that they were the ones who set fire to his mother’s game room.

Of course, In-chul and Min-soo, had set out with the intention of mending the relationship between the estranged mother and son. Hyun-tae had been at odds with his mother since he disapproved of her illegal business.

His two friends thought that if they burned down the game room, it would allow Hyun-tae to start talking to his mother again. And, they thought, a huge collection on fire insurance along the way wouldn’t hurt either.

But as Hyun-tae looks deeper into how the accident was caused, suspicion starts to permeate their friendship and a sense of betrayal, frustration and regret among the three kicks in as they begin to doubt the past 20 years they have spent together.

What was heartbreaking in the film was In-chul’s excruciating efforts to redeem himself for what he has done to Hyun-tae and their relationship, but nobody will give him credit for it. And although the viewers understand where his relentless attempts to salvage the friendship are coming from, nobody in the film is willing to give the helpless soul a comforting pat on the shoulder.

In the end, the movie raises a number of questions about the genuineness of friendship. Was I the kind of friend I think I was or were there moments when I did a good deed that turned into something bad? The questions will linger.

The movie opens in theaters on Thursday.

BY JIN EUN-SOO, CONTRIBUTING WRITER

credit : JoongAngDaily

July 6, 2014
‘Running Man’ Ji-Sung – Lee Gwang-Su, the birth of a new ‘Dumb and Dumber’ couple
Source: Innolife Korea
10161_1.jpg
The actor Ji-Sung gave off the unexpected charm as the ‘poker faced sly man’, which has been hidden until now, and gave advanced notice of the birth of a ‘new Dumb and Dumber couple’ with Lee Gwang-Su.
Ji-Sung, who has been thought of as the representative ‘soft charisma’, is about to show a completely different image. Ji-Sung, who went for the performance of the mission, as a couple with Lee Gwang-Su, dominated the filming set with his ‘weird, yet serious’ image that even outweighed that of Lee Gwang-Su, and thus notified the birth of the new ‘Dumb and Dumber’ couple. During the mission of ‘guessing the ingredient of dumplings’ that was conducted during the restaurant tour, Ji-Sung didn’t hesitate to put the hot dumpling in his mouth right away, wearing the eye mask and with the huge penalty right under his nose. He endured the heat inside his mouth and maintained his poker face, and showed off his strong will to win. He showed perfect teamwork with Lee Gwang-Su, who kept made weird comments, which was much contrary to his sharp image, which made every cast burst out laughing. Moreover, in the mission of running fast with the water balloon crown on the heads, he maintained serious face even at the moment of leaping and running, which captivated the whole area.
The production team said “you will be able to see the new aspect of Ji-Sung, not the traditional perfect image of his that has been widely known. His weird, flawed aspect of being sly and stubborn during the game, will give the viewers the original fun. Moreover, the guests who were rarely seen, such as Baek Sung-Hyun and Cha Yoo-Ram and others, will be leading the game with extraordinary will to win.” [사진=SBS 방송캡쳐]

New KBS drama Iron Man casts Ji Sung, Shin Se-kyungby girlfriday | July 8, 2014 | 38 Comments

JiSung_ShinSeKyung1.jpg

Aiee, at first I was excited at the prospect of Ji Sung (Secret) headlining a superhero drama, but then came news that Shin Se-kyung (When a Man Loves) was being courted to play the heroine. I swear I’ve tried, but I have never liked her in anything. For now the upside is that both actors are only considering the project, since it’s still in early casting stages. The new drama is called Iron Man and was announced as the Wednesday-Thursday show slated to follow Joseon Gunman in the fall.

I have no idea why they think it’s a good idea to call a drama Iron Man — I mean, they do know about Iron Man the comic book hero, right? Does KBS not have a legal department, or do they just think no one will notice? Anyway, the description is frustratingly vague, but it’s a supernatural drama about a hero whose body sprouts knives, leaving his body covered in scars. He’s a smart, wealthy, prickly man who suddenly develops this ability and faces hardships for the first time in his life, and discovers love and grows up along the way. I still don’t understand the superpower, but I half expect the drama doesn’t either.

The one-liner description says he gets this power because of all the pain he carries in his heart, so it sounds like a literal manifestation of emotional pain, which still doesn’t actually explain the power. The heroine is a meddlesome sort who loves the hero and takes it upon herself to turn him into a real man, whatever that means. I’m actually not that worried about the premise making an internal kind of sense — it’s just that I have no idea what that is until the press releases start being more descriptive.

Writing is Kim Gyu-wan of Cinderella’s Sister, and directing is PD Kim Yong-soo of Sword and FlowerEquator Man, and White Christmas. Yeek. The thing is, I loved White Christmas, which was a case where the subject matter, the writing, and the directing style really meshed well together, elevating everything. Sword and Flower, on the other hand, was a disaster of epic proportions, and has effectively made me approach this director’s future work with one eyebrow permanently raised. Now I REALLY don’t know what to expect from this drama, because the story of a regular man who struggles with a newfound superpower could be really cool; a study on the negative space of blade on skin and the number of steps it takes a man with knives for feet to cross a room? Not so much.

Iron Man premieres in September.

Via Star NewsIS Plus

Source: http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/07/new-kbs-drama-iron-man-casts-ji-sung-shin-se-kyung/

I was already wishing he would say no to this show when I first read the news last week. Now with more details about the show, I don't have a good feeling about this :(

daegorr said: New KBS drama Iron Man casts Ji Sung, Shin Se-kyungby girlfriday | July 8, 2014 | 38 Comments

Aiee, at first I was excited at the prospect of Ji Sung (Secret) headlining a superhero drama, but then came news that Shin Se-kyung (When a Man Loves) was being courted to play the heroine. I swear I’ve tried, but I have never liked her in anything. For now the upside is that both actors are only considering the project, since it’s still in early casting stages. The new drama is called Iron Man and was announced as the Wednesday-Thursday show slated to follow Joseon Gunman in the fall.

I have no idea why they think it’s a good idea to call a drama Iron Man — I mean, they do know about Iron Man the comic book hero, right? Does KBS not have a legal department, or do they just think no one will notice? Anyway, the description is frustratingly vague, but it’s a supernatural drama about a hero whose body sprouts knives, leaving his body covered in scars. He’s a smart, wealthy, prickly man who suddenly develops this ability and faces hardships for the first time in his life, and discovers love and grows up along the way. I still don’t understand the superpower, but I half expect the drama doesn’t either.

The one-liner description says he gets this power because of all the pain he carries in his heart, so it sounds like a literal manifestation of emotional pain, which still doesn’t actually explain the power. The heroine is a meddlesome sort who loves the hero and takes it upon herself to turn him into a real man, whatever that means. I’m actually not that worried about the premise making an internal kind of sense — it’s just that I have no idea what that is until the press releases start being more descriptive.

Writing is Kim Gyu-wan of Cinderella’s Sister, and directing is PD Kim Yong-soo of Sword and FlowerEquator Man, and White Christmas. Yeek. The thing is, I loved White Christmas, which was a case where the subject matter, the writing, and the directing style really meshed well together, elevating everything. Sword and Flower, on the other hand, was a disaster of epic proportions, and has effectively made me approach this director’s future work with one eyebrow permanently raised. Now I REALLY don’t know what to expect from this drama, because the story of a regular man who struggles with a newfound superpower could be really cool; a study on the negative space of blade on skin and the number of steps it takes a man with knives for feet to cross a room? Not so much.

Iron Man premieres in September.

Via Star NewsIS Plus

Source: http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/07/new-kbs-drama-iron-man-casts-ji-sung-shin-se-kyung/

I was already wishing he would say no to this show when I first read the news last week. Now with more details about the show, I don't have a good feeling about this :(

class="title"Ji Sung Says Jogging 15 Kilometers Every Morning Has Changed His Life

tumblr_n880ahyTtW1rcoad1o1_1280

The reason Ji Sung jogged every morning isn′t a simple one.

Running 15 kilometers every morning, Ji Sung didn’t skip a day even when he was staying in Busan to film Good Friends. And though he had a topless scene in the film, the scene wasn′t the reason he chose to jog 15 kilometers every day.

Meeting with Newsen, Ji Sung said, “I like having a stable life. I don’t want to live a complicated and extraordinary life just because my job is an actor. Everyone has a period of happiness in life as well as a period of trauma and suffering. When I debuted in my 20’s I was lost and struggled a lot. I comforted myself by drinking alcohol and believed that success was the only things that could make me happy. So I just ran as if I was crazy. But I couldn’t do much about feeling depressed deep inside.”

Ji Sung spent tough times in his 20’s as his father was against his decision to become an actor and his parents went through a divorce. What cured the emptiness he felt was not alcohol, but jogging. The existence of his wife Lee Bo Young also helped him find peace of mind.

Ji Sung said, “Running helped me get rid of the trauma that I really wanted to run away from. Jogging means a lot to me. It helped me wash away the trauma of the past which alcohol could not get rid of. I started running since I don’t know when. I also think about what my mother told me. She told me to laugh even during difficult times and now I automatically laugh even when I’m struggling.”

Since then, he has been continuing to jog. No matter how tough filming for Good Friends was, he woke up early to jog. His junior actor Lee Kwang Soo expressed that he was motivated to see that.

“Sometimes people ask me if I’m addicted to exercising. (laughter) I just laugh it off. Jogging holds more than a simple meaning to me so it’s hard to explain it in words. When I run, I get fresh energy. I can get over my slump and overcome things I struggle with.”

Celebrating his 15th year since the debut this year, Ji Sung remained humble by saying, “I’m just thankful that I still receive casting offers.” He also achieved his dream of starting his own family by marrying Lee Bo Young last year.

“I’m thankful for my wife. I told her after we got married that we should be together eternally without being greedy. Am I halfway into my life as an actor? Am I almost at the end? Did I not even start? I think there’s no answer. I think it all changes based on your perspective. I just want to do my best each and every moment. Even if that mean I’m walking in place, I’m happy.”

source: mwave, kmagazinelovers / omonatheydidn't

Apparently Ji Sung decided not to star in the KBS2 drama  "Iron Man" according to the Korean news, hopefully there's an english about it later.
Source:http://stage.news.zum.com/articles/15009428pr=029http://article.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=15351224&ctg=1502

abui91 said: Apparently Ji Sung decided not to star in the KBS2 drama  "Iron Man" according to the Korean news, hopefully there's an english about it later.
Source:http://stage.news.zum.com/articles/15009428pr=029http://article.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=15351224&ctg=1502

oh Seoul Drama Netizens Popularity Award, the Good News is that Ji Sung has moved from rock bottom up to the 3rd spot, while his wife, Lee Bo Young has moved from the 4th place to the Top Spot. Congratulations to the both of them for the Excellent Standings.M8yLkfA.jpg

IT2eWzH.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

10601947_333256380183458_610402522_n.jpgJustin Sung Instagram
안녕하세요. 지성입니다. ALS 아이스버킷 챌린지 캠페인에 롯데 자이언트 강민호 선수가 저를 지목해 주셨습니다. 이런 뜻깊은 켐페인에 참여할 수 있는 기회를 주셔서 진심으로 감사드리구요. 이보다 먼저 저를 지목해주셨던 가수 김범수, 배우 주지훈과 이상엽군에게도 감사의 말씀을 올립니다. 지목받은 사람은 24시간이내에 얼음물 샤워나 ALS 재단에 100달러를 기부해야 한다고 합니다. 저는 해외 스케줄로 인해 승일희망재단에 기부하는 방법으로 뜻을 함께 하도록 하겠습니다. 이 캠페인을 통해 루게릭병과 싸우고 있는 분들께 많은 분들이 힘이 되어 주시길 바라며, 소중하고 의미있는 이 캠페인이 변함없이 지금 이대로 .. 우리 가슴 속에 영원하길 바랍니다.

Translation:
Hello. The intellect. Kang pointed it gave me the Lotte Giants players in ALS Ice Bucket Challenge campaign. Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this meaningful campaign, thank you thank you very much. Also pointed out that the first year than the singer gave Kim Bum Soo, Actor Ju Ji Hoon and raise Yeob group to thank. You should donate $ 100 to the ALS Foundation shower or ice within 24 hours of the accuser. I will be with the will as a way to donate to Hope Foundation seungil due to overseas schedule. Please anyway ... and forever in our hearts that this campaign is important and meaningful as ever now battling Lou Gehrig's disease who hope through this campaign, a lot of people have the power PLEASE.

According to the text, Ji Sung chose to donate $100 rather than having the ice bucket since they are out of the country, according to Baidu. Well a nice way to save water as well. Nice that both are having a great time travelling while on their break.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...