❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

[SBS Star] Ji Sung & Lee Bo Young Share How Their Daughter Respond to Them Going to Work

201563717_1280.jpg

Actor Ji Sung and actress Lee Bo Young shared how their daughter Ji Yoo respond to them going to work. Recently, Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young's previous interviews where they talk about their daughter have been gaining attention.

201563715_1280.jpg

Ji Sung said, "My daughter doesn't really like it when my wife and I go to work. Once, I had to go to Italy for a project. I told her that I was going to go work in Italy for a bit." He continued, "About a week before I headed to Italy, I told her about it. She was like, 'Oh, we can go together then.' When I explained that she couldn't come with me, she got really upset." He went on, "For about half an hour, she cried in the dark and repeatedly said, 'Daddy's not going to play with me when he goes to Italy.'"

201563716_1280.jpg

Then, Ji Sung said Ji Yoo mentioned him going to Italy the day before he had to go. The actor laughingly said, "I didn't even mention a thing to her first. But she was like, 'You are going to Italy, aren't you?'

Then, she looked straight into my eyes and said, 'I'm not going to kiss you nor play with you after you come back. That's a rule, okay?'"

201563714_1280.jpg

Spoiler

In Lee Bo Young's interview, she said, "When I used to video call her during filming, she used to hide her face and say, 'I'm not going to show you my face!'" She resumed, "So, Ji Sung brought her to the filming site a few times and explained to her that I was busy working. At that time, I told her, 'Ji Yoo, you must understand that this is what I'm doing when I'm working.'" She added, "But she doesn't really seem to understand. I don't feel guilty though, because I also want my daughter to keep working after she has her own children in the future. I want her to see how I'm continuing to work after having her. I'm sure she'll understand one day."

201563719_1280.jpg

Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young got married in 2013 after being together for about six years. Then in 2015, their daughter was born, and the couple welcomed a son in February 2019.

(Credit= 'justin_jisung' Instagram, SBS Entertainment News)

(SBS Star)

• Like 1

*** I'm looking forward to the chemistry between Ji Sung and Jinyoung in “The Devil Judge”! I also highly anticipate the teamwork between them. It will be interesting to see how they complete their roles as Kang Yo Han and Kim Ga On and what kind of relationship they will portray. He shared about Ji Sung, “I share many conversations about the drama and characters with Ji Sung. When acting, there are times when I feel confused, and he helped and guided me every time that happened. Thanks to him, I’m working happily on set.”  “The Devil Judge” premieres on July 3 at 9 p.m. KST.  :kitty:

2021062801002186600141181_20210627110005

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003747300

• Like 1

*** During the interview of GOT7’s Jinyoung for GQ Korea he mentioned about JS. He revealed that the senior actors had taught him that actors need to make the viewers feel as if the made-up situations and characters are real. He explained that this is the reason why he often asks Ji Sung questions about what kind of gaze he should have or what looks more realistic. Jinyoung shared, “Ji Sung never tries to trap me in a mold. Rather than saying, ‘This is the answer,’ he says this is good because of a certain reason, and that’s also good because of another reason, and I get to select the best option.

He makes me do it on my own, so I also like that.”      :nomeme:

source : https://www.gqkorea.co.kr/2021/06/28/진영-바다를-보면-그냥-편안해지는-게-있어요/

*** Yes, another reason why  I am looking forward to this drama is because of Ji Sung and Kim Min Jung’s teamwork. Both is reuniting after many years after working together in "New Heart". So, this is their second drama together. “The Devil Judge” premieres on July 3 at 9 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki. :GN1:

0004432862_001_20210629134706290.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=109&aid=0004432862

• Like 1

*** "The Devil Judge" is premiering on July 3, and is raising my expectation as it is different from the existing courtroom dramas.  :twerk2:

[Upcoming K-Drama] Character Guide to ‘The Devil Judge’, A Courtroom Mystery

00thumbnail-vert.jpg

The Devil Judge is a drama that delivers a message of justice through a live courtroom show in which the entire nation participates in a fictional dystopian Republic of Korea. Let’s estimate what kind of work it will be through looking at the main characters.

Ji Sung (Kang Yo Han, presiding judge of the trial court)

The Devil Judge Ji Sung Credit: tvN

The enigmatic star judge. Behind his mysterious looks, Yo Han hides his hatred of all humankind. Having had a miserable childhood, he realizes that he could use the human folly to manipulate them at his will. He wants to hunt down the greedy. After 10 years of suppressing his evil instincts and wearing the mask of a sincere and upright judge, he finally completes the stage of the public participation trial broadcasted live to the entire nation. However, Ga On gets in Yo Han’s way to fight the battle to his heart’s content. Ga On, who resembles him so much, bumps into him head-on and tries to stop his actions.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://zapzee.net/2021/06/16/upcoming-k-drama-young-adult-romance-nevertheless-character-guide/

• Like 1

*** The cast of “The Devil Judge” talked about their characters!     :Woah:

2021070101000009400156531_20210630083205

Kang Yo Han: charisma, vampire’s dilemma

Ji Sung plays the suspicious head judge Kang Yo Han, who leads the live broadcast courtroom show. To describe his character, Ji Sung first used the word “charisma” because Kang Yo Han will consistently stay charismatic no matter what situation.

He shared, “In this world where everyone is miserable due to oppression and control, he seems like a lonely vampire rather than a person.” Using the phrase “vampire’s dilemma” to describe Kang Yo Han, Ji Sung raised anticipation for his profound personality.

Ji-Sung3.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=076&aid=0003748489

• Like 2

*** In a few days, one of the most anticipated tvN drama of 2021, "The Devil Judge" will finally be out! Is Ji Sung as Kang Yo Han a hero? Or a demon behind the mask of a judge? tvN uploaded a video of the casts’ on a script reading session. Ji Sung shared that they have been filming since December.  I'm hoping that the series will come out as good as the effort that they give in.  :sweet:

0000912843_001_20210528145104254.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000912843

• Like 1

*** “The Devil Judge” stills of the first encounter between Ji Sung’s and Kim Min Jung’s characters! The 1st still image shows Kang Yo Han surrounded by reporters. The first episode of the drama kept my eyes glued to the screen. “The Devil Judge” just premiered some hours ago, July 3 at 9 p.m. KST.  :ohboy2:

ji-sung1.jpeg

ji-sung-2.jpeg

ji-sung-kim-min-jung.jpeg

photos source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=421&aid=0005454754

• Like 2

*** “The Devil Judge” is off to a strong start! According to Nielsen Korea, the first episode of “The Devil Judge” scored an average nationwide rating of 5.6 percent. The drama also took first place in its time slot across all channels—even including public broadcast networks—  This drama is promising. Congratulations JS & the cast! I'm excited to the next EP. Can't wait! You may also watch this in Viki.  :twerk2:

0000920175_001_20210704080508872.jpg?typ

photos source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000920175

• Like 1

*** We had the premiere of "The Devil Judge." The drama gave us the return of Ji Sung and the reunion of Ji Sung and Kim Min-jung (who both starred in 2007 medical drama New Heart). With a premiere rating of 5.5 percent, I’d say it’s off to a good start.  :Ohboy3:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of June 28-July 4, 2021

dramaratings_3.jpg

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/07/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-june-28-july-4-2021/

Saturday, July 3      
Revolutionary Sisters 31 KBS 27.9%
Nevertheless 3 JTBC 1.2%
Voice 4 6 OCN 4.0%
The Devil Judge 1 tvN 5.5%
Sunday, July 4      
Revolutionary Sisters 32 KBS 31.9%
The Devil Judge 2 tvN 5.1%

Top 10 Currently Most Buzz-Worthy Dramas in South Korea for the First Week of July, According to Data

Here are the most buzz-worthy dramas in South Korea right now.

On July 6th, Good Data Corporation released the top 10 most buzz-worthy dramas for the 1st week of July. The list was compiled from analyzing news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media posts about them. 'Hospital Playlist 2' remained at the top spot, followed by SBS' 'Penthouse 3' and tvN's 'Doom at Your Service' in the top 3.

You can check out the complete list below.

#5 tvN's 'The Devil Judge' (6.92 points)

1625548624490-1625548624490.png

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2021/07/06/top-10-currently-most-buzz-worthy-dramas-in-south-korea-for-the-first-week-of-july-according-to-data-392693

• Like 1

19 hours ago, willenette said:

Top 10 Currently Most Buzz-Worthy Dramas in South Korea for the First Week of July, According to Data

Here are the most buzz-worthy dramas in South Korea right now.

On July 6th, Good Data Corporation released the top 10 most buzz-worthy dramas for the 1st week of July. The list was compiled from analyzing news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media posts about them. 'Hospital Playlist 2' remained at the top spot, followed by SBS' 'Penthouse 3' and tvN's 'Doom at Your Service' in the top 3.

You can check out the complete list below.

#5 tvN's 'The Devil Judge' (6.92 points)

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2021/07/06/top-10-currently-most-buzz-worthy-dramas-in-south-korea-for-the-first-week-of-july-according-to-data-392693

I think Devil Judge should be number 1 or at least in the top 3! Not saying the other ones are not good but Devil Judge, even only 2 episodes aired to date, is SO good!

17 hours ago, willenette said:

Ji Sung. Kim Min Jung. Park Jin Young "The Devil Judge" Press Conference 1 July 2021

Ji Sung - this man ages backward!

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Love 1

6 New K-Dramas + Variety Shows To Binge-Watch On Viu This July

new-dramas-and-movies-to-binge-watch-on-

We're always ready for *drama*, and Viu's lineup of shows this month promises to deliver just that! From the high-rise bulidings and untimely deaths in The Penthouse to a story about a "heartless mother" in Red Shoes, this month looks super intense. 

Here are six new shows to binge-watch on Viu this month: 

3. The Devil Judge (Now Streaming) 

The plot, according to Viu: "During a time of chaos, a judge turns the court into something like a reality show and punishes evil people mercilessly." 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/viu-dramas-shows-july-2021-a2520-20210708?ref=home_feed_1

*** Kang Yo Han is in a mysterious place while wearing a black hood that hides his identity. During the day, he wears his judicial robes and stands on the court to fight for justice, but at night, he turns into someone completely different as he moves around the city in casual attire. In the photo, his expression grows pensive as it seems that he's coming up with a

new plan.     :rubchin:

The Devil Judge” shared new stills of the third episode!

ji-sung1.jpg

photo source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=144&aid=0000748597