❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

[Ishani's Picks] Top 10 K-Dramas You Should Watch That Are Not About Romance

Of all the genres that are explored in K-Dramas, romance and romantic comedy dramas have found the most success worldwide. After all, who doesn't like dreamy fairytale-like love stories that will give you butterflies. However, there's a wide audience for dramas that don't deal with sunshine, rainbows, and happy endings. Here are our picks for 10 K-Dramas you can watch that don't focus on romance, listed in no particular order.

"The Devil Judge"

The recently concluded drama starring Ji Sung and Jinyoung and Kim Min-jung is a stellar example of a K-Drama that can keep you on your toes until the very end without any central focus on couples or romance. Even though there is a love line, it serves as a plot device rather than a theme.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Hancinema

• Like 2

These Are The TOP 25 Most Popular Korean Entertainment-Related Wiki Pages Right Now

With K-Pop and Korean entertainment becoming more popular worldwide, there are countless Wikipedia articles on various topics related to them, from individual idols and K-Pop groups, to K-Dramas, actors, and athletes, and everything in between. Using WikiProject Korea, it’s easy to see which topics are trending among netizens based on how many views different articles are earning over a period of time.

Here are the 25 most-viewed Wikipedia pages related to Korean entertainment for the entire month of August!

12. The Devil Judge

In August, this article received 215.0k total views (averaging about 6.9k views per day). Here’s what the Wikipedia article opens with:

The Devil Judge is a South Korean television series starring Ji SungKim Min JungPark Jin Young and Park Gyu Young. It aired on tvN from July 3 to August 22, 2021 for 16 episodes. The series is set in a dystopian version of South Korea, where people harbor hatred towards their leaders and live in chaos. Trials are held through a courtroom live show aired on television, where three judges come together to bring justice and peace.

(skipped unrelated.....

credit : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Korea/Popular_pages

• Like 1

[Ishani's Picks] Top 10 K-Dramas That Are Worth Re-watching Again And Again

There are some K-Dramas that are so good that one watch is simply not enough. They evoke such strong emotions in us that we go back to them again and again to relive those moments when we laughed, cried and empathised with the characters of the story. Such dramas are called "comfort dramas" because the sense of familiarity imbued in them is sometimes all you need to feel at ease at the end of a long day. Here are 10 K-Dramas that are so good that we can't help but rewatch them over and over again.

"Kill Me, Heal Me"

Ji Sung and Hwang Jung-eum's psychological romantic comedy is as timeless as it gets. While its portrayal of dissociative identity disorder is questionable, the world of fiction allowed for creative freedom to be exercised. "Kill Me, Heal Me" is both light-hearted yet impactful, laced with humour and mystery. If you're looking for a feel-good drama that will leave you hooked nonetheless, "Kill Me, Heal Me" is the one for you.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Hancinema

• Like 2

AGE Difference of Korean Couples || Hyun Bin || Park Shin Hye || Kim Woo Bin||So Ji Sub

11.Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young

Ji-Sung-and-Lee-Bo-Young.jpg

Ji Sung age 44 years and Lee Bo Young age 42 years
Ji Sung is 2 years older than Lee Bo Young
The couple got married in 2013 after being together for about six years. The two met on the sets of the 2004 series Save the Last Dance for Me

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2021/09/17/shocking-age-difference-of-korean-couples-hyun-bin-park-shin-hye-kim-woo-bin/

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

*** Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young are celebrating their 8th wedding anniversary! It's TODAY! Ji Sung posted a photo of their wedding day 9-hours ago on his Instagram with a caption - " “8th anniversary” and added a heart. The couple

tied the knot in 2013 after six years of dating with two children now.     :shaq:

Happy 8th anniversary Jisung and Boyoung!  :blush:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUVz2FWhoYw/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=012925c5-ec4e-4d08-a1b8-03180b0effc9

0004857247_001_20210928113303828.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=009&aid=0004857247

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Intense Survival-Themed Movies And Dramas To Watch After “Squid Game”

Less than a month ago, Netflix presented their most viral production to date as they released “Squid Game.” This global hit needs no introduction as it has become one of the most viewed Netflix shows since its first release on September 17, landing the No. 1 spot in over 90 countries and on its way to becoming the streaming service’s most watched TV show of all time. For some viewers, this is the first Korean work they have ever watched, and naturally, they would be eager to watch more Korean productions that deliver that same adrenaline rush the nine-episode drama had provided them with.

Whether you have time to binge-watch an entire show or are simply looking for a quick watch, we’ve got you covered. Here are some survival-themed movies and dramas that will keep you on the edge of your seats. Happy (and intense) viewing!

4. “The Devil Judge

What would you do if justice was at the hands of the devil? Ji Sung is Kang Yo Han, the head judge of the highest court of a dystopian futuristic South Korea, who has earned himself the “devil judge” nickname as chaos roams his court. Kim Ga On (Jinyoung) and Yoon Soo Hyun (Park Gyu Young) are a rookie orphan judge and a police officer, respectively, who join forces to retrieve the true meaning of justice for the sake of the survival of their people. With Jung Sun Ah (Kim Min Jung) in the way as an ambitious entrepreneur and Kang Yo Han taking matters into his own hands, restoring justice has never been so challenging.

Ji Sung makes a stellar comeback in this drama alongside a list of exquisite actors who have impressed with their genuine and convincing performance that kept the audience on their toes. Needless to say, this work is a must-binge-watch!

Watch “The Devil Judge” now:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

11 K-drama Couples That Went From On-Screen Romantic Partners To Real Life Relationships

The following K-Drama co-stars ended up dating and even getting married in real life, but not every couple has a happy ending.

The sizzling chemistry, emotional kissing scenes, and heart-fluttering moments between couples in Korean dramas often make the audience wonder if it’s all just acting. In fact, spending hours on set with their co-stars, filming intimate, loving scenes, can sometimes make the actors’ hearts flutter.

Korean celebrities often date in private and avoid going public with their relationships. Therefore, many viewers are surprised when the main couples in popular dramas are reported to be dating in real life. The 10 following couples all went from co-stars to real-life partners. Some got married and had children, while some unfortunately broke up or divorced.

1. Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young (Save The Last Dance For Me)

The duo of A-lister – Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young fell in love thanks to co-starring in Save the Last Dance For Me in 2004.

In the drama, Lee Bo Young plays Soo Jin, the fiancée of the male lead Hyun Woo (Ji Sung), but ends up getting her soon-to-be husband stolen by the female lead.

Ji-Sung-and-Lee-Bo-Young.jpg

Although they could not be together in the drama, fate brought Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young together in real life. The two made their relationship public in 2007 and officially walked down the aisle in 2013. Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young happily welcomed their first daughter in 2015 and had a son in 2019.

Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young are one of the most admired celebrity couples of Korea’s entertainment industry. They both have good looks and great acting.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://lovekpop95.com/2021/11/12/11-k-drama-couples-that-went-from-on-screen-romantic-partners-to-real-life-relationships/

• Like 1

• partyon changed the title to ❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2021 : The Devil Judge 악마판사
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 8:18 PM, sunny88 said:

I hope we hear more about his next drama/movie soon! It is too long for wait for another whole year! :)

@sunny88 yes, I hope so. BTW, have you watched his recent one, "The Devil Judge"?  I will say that Ji Sung and Kim Min Jung are both magnetic enough in their deliveries in this drama. It's dystopian, but also super realistic. There's a lot to enjoy about the drama and it's pretty fast paced. The premise of the show was wonderful. JS is a magnificent visual treat! This drama is like a mixture of Vincenzo and Law School- K-dramas, which I absolutely love, too. I like that they don't introduce the drama like in a boring way and they keep that line of surprise in every episode. The atmosphere of the trial in this drama is different  from the traditional ones that are silent and serious. The cases and people on trials are similar to those we see in real life: the large corporation that caused the wastewater leak, the children of politicians who pick on the weak, celebrities who commit sex crimes using their fame, and YouTubers who propagate hate and violence toward minorities. I love the bromance between Kang Yo Han and Kim Ga On, played by Ji Sung and Jin Young. For me, it stands out the most. I’m glad that the drama ended on a good note. It’s a unique courtroom drama that provides a fantastic satisfaction. :7555_attack:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, willenette said:

@sunny88 yes, I hope so. BTW, have you watched his recent one, "The Devil Judge"?  I will say that Ji Sung and Kim Min Jung are both magnetic enough in their deliveries in this drama. It's dystopian, but also super realistic. There's a lot to enjoy about the drama and it's pretty fast paced. The premise of the show was wonderful. JS is a magnificent visual treat! This drama is like a mixture of Vincenzo and Law School- K-dramas, which I absolutely love, too. I like that they don't introduce the drama like in a boring way and they keep that line of surprise in every episode. The atmosphere of the trial in this drama is different  from the traditional ones that are silent and serious. The cases and people on trials are similar to those we see in real life: the large corporation that caused the wastewater leak, the children of politicians who pick on the weak, celebrities who commit sex crimes using their fame, and YouTubers who propagate hate and violence toward minorities. I love the bromance between Kang Yo Han and Kim Ga On, played by Ji Sung and Jin Young. For me, it stands out the most. I’m glad that the drama ended on a good note. It’s a unique courtroom drama that provides a fantastic satisfaction. :7555_attack:

Yes, I watched the Devil Judge and really enjoyed it! :)  He didn't star in any dramas in 2020 and we had to wait until 2021  for Devil Judge, so I am just hoping he will star in it in 2022, instead of skipping another year.

New Drama News!:).

JiSung, SeoJiHye and LeeSooKyung reportedly cast for tvN new drama Adamas, a twin brothers, who are trying to dig into the secrets hidden in the case of their father was murdered 20y ago, find the murder weapon Adamas that disappeared with a witness' daughter. Air in 2022.

JiSung will play two roles at the same time, a twin brothers Woo-shin and Soo-hyun who are struggling to find out the secrets of the night when his father's incident took place.

LeeSooKyung acts a local news reporter Kim Seo-hee. Helmed by #Kairos’ director.

\

• Like 2

On 12/9/2021 at 8:41 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

New Drama News!:).

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this good news. This will be once again stretches his versatility in "Adamas". We know JS can play at least (7) different characters so, just (2) characters is nothing to him.- Hahaha -  :Megalol:  I am so ready for this. Although, he just wrapped-up a drama, I've been waiting for another one from him. Although, I expect a movie next..... Anyway, I don't complain. Why should I? He's booked and busy once again. And this is great. Can't wait.  :ohboy2:

*** ‘Entertainment Weekly’ revealed the Top 7 dramas that made a huge hit despite the many worries. 

202112110240292510_3.jpeg

Kill Me, Heal Me landed at No. 2. The production started off rocky as many showed reluctance to play a role with seven different personalities. Only one more before the premiere, Ji Sung got the role after Hyun Bin and Lee Seung Gi reportedly turned down the offer. Despite the plagiarism controversy, the series took home 13 awards at the award ceremony.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://zapzee.net/2021/12/13/top-7-dramas-that-made-a-huge-hit-despite-the-worries-squid-game-moon-embracing-the-sun-descendants-of-the-sun-and-more/

• Like 1

23 hours ago, willenette said:

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this good news. This will be once again stretches his versatility in "Adamas". We know JS can play at least (7) different characters so, just (2) characters is nothing to him.- Hahaha -    I am so ready for this. Although, he just wrapped-up a drama, I've been waiting for another one from him. Although, I expect a movie next..... Anyway, I don't complain. Why should I? He's booked and busy once again. And this is great. Can't wait.  

Your welcome @willenette, Yeah that is so true he played 7 different characters so two is nothing haha. Yeah me to hun I can't wait!:).

• 3 weeks later...

Soompi Forums Awards: The best k-dramas of 2021? Please vote!

Now is your chance to show your love for your favorite dramas of 2021. In the Soompi Forums Awards poll you can vote for the dramas you liked the most last year. :kiss_wink:

Which dramas will be the winners?

winner-icegif-9.gif

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @agenth @Sleepy Owl

*** I loved his performance in this drama. It's just an eye-candy watching him always on the screen.  :heart:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

15 Top K-Drama Actors That Impressed In 2021

This past year has been the year of K-dramas. With the international success of several K-dramas including “Squid Game,” many viewers have come to learn about K-dramas and have fallen in love. With the amount of solid K-dramas this past year, there have been an endless amount of amazing performances by our favorite actors. Here are 15 performances that stood out in 2021. (Stay tuned for an article on actresses of 2021!)

Disclaimer: List is in no particular order, and actors whose K-dramas premiered in December of 2021 are not included on list.

14. Ji Sung in “The Devil Judge

jisung1.jpeg

In “The Devil Judge,” Ji Sung plays Kang Yo Han, a special kind of judge who works in an imaginary dystopian Korea. The biggest mystery in this series is whether or not Kang Yo Han is a hero or a devil, a role in which Ji Sung delivered effortlessly. He is no stranger to playing roles that involve dual personalities, so in this particular drama, he was a natural. The charisma and poise in which he portrayed this particular role made him one of the best this past year, and the drama showcased his veteran acting abilities.

Watch “The Devil Judge” here:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 2

5 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

New news!:).

JiSung, SeoJiHye and LeeSooKyung confirmed to lead tvN drama Adamas, tells the story of twin brothers who dig into the secrets hidden in the murder case of their father 20 years ago.

@backstreetboysfan thanks for sharing this. Finally...............the cast has been confirmed. And it's tvN..... Ji Sung, the epitome of a trusted actor, is set to play both twins. I hope we could get the exact date of the premiere soon. I love JS!  :Fist1:

202201190904372410_1_20220119090704104.j

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=609&aid=0000534666

• Like 1