❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

*** NICE that I could get to watch JS on the screen again soon. :P

********************************************************************************

Watch: Ji Sung Stars In Graceful New Teaser For Upcoming Medical Drama

18895d51438043e480ce860509e085f3.jpeg?s=

SBS has released the first teaser for their upcoming medical drama, “Doctor John.”

“Doctor John” is about doctors who work with pain management and try to figure out the unknown causes of pain experienced by patients with chronic illness. The drama stars Ji Sung, Lee Se Young, Lee Kyu Hyung, Hwang Hee, Jung Min Ah, and more.

The new teaser shows Ji Sung standing in the middle of an empty space as images of Hippocrates, the surgical room, electrocardiographs, and butterflies fly past. Ji Sung then reveals his toned body as he moves gracefully in front of a scanner beam.

“Doctor John” premieres on July 19 at 10 p.m. KST.

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

*** I have always loved medical dramas. So, I hope this is good. :P

**********************************************************************************

Ji Sung Talks About Playing A Genius Doctor In Upcoming Medical Drama

5acfad9c1fd14bb28a5a81fb286be98c.jpeg?s=

SBS’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “Doctor John” has unveiled a new look at Ji Sung’s character Cha Yo Han.

The drama is about pain management doctors who seek to pinpoint sources of pain in chronically ill patients. Starring alongside Ji Sung is Lee Se Young.

Ji Sung’s Cha Yo Han is a highly skilled anesthesiologist and pain management doctor who is nicknamed “Doctor 10 Seconds” for his ability to assess a patient in the 10 seconds it takes them to open his office door and take a seat. He says, “God gives you pain, and I take it away,” and is persistent in his desire to live up to his words.

In the new stills of Ji Sung, the actor displays the severity and sharp charisma of his character, the youngest to ever reach the level of professor in his department.

doctor-john-ji-sung-2.jpg

The drama is helmed by director Jo Soo Won, whose previous works include “I Hear Your Voice,” “Pinocchio,” and “30 But 17.”

On his decision to join “Doctor John,” Ji Sung said, “I’ve known director Jo Soo Won for a long time, and I trust him very much.

Moreover, ‘Doctor John’ is a medical drama as well as a melodrama. The drama having a clear subject of something that needs to be discussed in these times played a large role in my decision.”

Talking about the heart surgery that his father underwent, Ji Sung said, “Experiencing the pain of being a caretaker and seeing my father and daughter [throughout the ordeal], I thought very deeply about life. That’s the foundation upon which I chose this drama, and I thought I’d be able to do it with absolute sincerity.”

doctor-john-ji-sung-3.jpg

Describing his approach to his character, the actor said, “They say my character is a genius, but I’m just thinking of him as a doctor that is able to make a diagnosis quickly and accurately. I thought about what kinds of pain Cha Yo Han would have experienced, and I am working to understand his emotions and life as best I can.”

SBS’s “Doctor John” premieres on July 19 at 10 p.m. KST, taking over the time slot of “Nokdu Flower.” Watch the latest trailer for “Doctor John” here.

dotor-john-00-ji-sung.jpg

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

Watch: “Doctor John” Cast Is Detailed And Professional In New Behind-The-Scenes Video

5c6cdfde43bf4a2d82417c921001ff5a.jpeg?s=

On July 2, SBS uploaded a new behind-the-scenes video of their main cast of the upcoming drama, “Doctor John.”

“Doctor John” stars Ji Sung, Lee Se Young, and Lee Kyu Hyung, and tells the story of doctors who try to uncover the unknown causes of pain that their chronically ill patients experience.

The video begins with Ji Sung, who looks daringly into the camera as he takes his photos as doctor Cha Yo Han. His character is a highly skilled anesthesiologist and pain management doctor. The cast utilizes smog, glass, and water to enhance their shoot, and they are all sure to meticulously monitor their photos.

Next up is Lee Se Young, who plays empathetic resident Kang Si Young. Lee Se Young poses with a lively but warm gaze, and a light smile. Although feeling a little awkward, as it is her first time in a doctor’s lab coat, the actress fits the look perfectly and she is able to overcome any nervousness. Once again proving her professionalism, Lee Se Young consistently discusses the concept of the shoot with the staff.

Lee Kyu Hyung looks fierce and powerful during his shoot as he transforms into fundamental inspector Son Seok Gi. As he smirks into the camera, the actor hilariously takes a break from shooting to comment, “My smile looks so rotten.”

Watch the full behind-the-scenes video below!

“Doctor John” premieres on July 19 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki!

Catch the trailer for the drama below!

Watch Now

• Like 1

*** It's been over some years now since his drama, "New Heart" where he played a doctor. So, this is the 2nd time now that he'll be playing the same character. I don't complain, though - I just love to look at him with this sexy white coat. I'm happy to see him back on my small screen soon. I love medical dramas & I'm so looking forward to watch this, to watch again his great acting. :P

• Like 1

*** I thought all along when I saw this picture it's an old from the drama, "Defendant"   because of his prison outfit. I told myself : Ohhh.......I've seen this before.  But, no, this still picture is currently from his upcoming medical drama "Doctor John".  Ohhh..........it shows Ji Sung in an inmate outfit. I'm starting to be curious of how is the plot of the drama will be. Well, we won’t have to wait too long to get these answer: "Doctor John" will premiere on July 19. I will definitely watch this. Can't wait! :P

doctorjohn-still731.jpg

doctorjohn-still732.jpg

doctorjohn-still733.jpg

• Like 1

*** I love the poster. NICE! :P

Upcoming Drama Starring Ji Sung Reveals First Poster

203129e537e44f9da8b3abb2f57a054e.jpeg?s=

SBS’s upcoming drama “Doctor John” starring Ji Sung has released a new poster!

The drama is about pain management doctors who seek to pinpoint sources of pain in patients. Ji Sung plays Cha Yo Han, a highly skilled doctor who’s been dubbed “Doctor 10 Seconds” for his ability to quickly assess and accurately diagnose patients.

With text placed meaningfully as a tear track on Ji Sung’s face, the new poster says, “I will not ignore your pain.”

A source from “Doctor John” said, “Ji Sung is himself ‘Doctor 10 Seconds’ Cha Yo Han, who focuses on patients’ pain and can relate to their pain better than anyone.”

“Doctor John” premieres July 19 at 10 p.m. KST, and will air on Fridays and Saturdays.

doctor-john-ji-sung.jpg

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

*** The text in the poster says, "Resolve a patient's pain. To the patient, pain is despair and a doctor is hope". JS character focuses on the pain his patients go through and connects with them more than anyone else. It seems that he is a little different from other doctors in medical dramas.  :P

*** SBS is releasing two medical dramas & one of them is JS upcoming series, "Doctor John". "Doctor John" is the first of its kind, as it's about pain medicine and the doctors who look for the source of that pain. I love medical dramas & I highly anticipate this one. The reason is mainly for JS. This isn't his 1st role as a doctor since he has played this character in the popular medical drama "New Heart" in the past.  The drama begins on the 19th and airs every Friday and Saturday. Can't wait!  :P

*** I pray this would be good. Looks promising. Ji Sung rarely makes bad choices when he picks his drama, anyway. Well, as far as I know the prison sentence happened in the past. Whatever.......JS has a way of making it worth watching. :P

Prisoners and protests in new teaser for SBS medical drama Doctor John

dj6.jpg

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/07/prisoners-and-protests-in-new-teaser-for-sbs-medical-drama-doctor-john/

Reasons Why “Doctor John” Is Unlike Any Other Medical K-Drama

cfc221b307d445cd921670a1082662bb.jpeg?s=

A new kind of medical drama is coming your way!

Ahead of its July 19 premiere, SBS’s newest Friday-Saturday drama “Doctor John” is Korea’s first human medical drama that looks into the lives of anesthesiologists and how they discover the unknown causes to their terminally ill patients’ pain. The drama stars Ji Sung, Lee Se Young, Lee Kyu Hyung, Kim Hye Eun, Shin Dong Mi, Uhm Hyo Sup, and Oh Seung Hyun.

Here are the reasons why “Doctor John” is different from other medical K-dramas!

Its analysis of euthanasia

“Doctor John” is the first-ever Korean drama to touch on “death with dignity,” otherwise known as euthanasia. Throughout treatment, if two doctors ever deem the patient is unable to recover or terminally ill, they or their family members can decide on a natural death.

Whether that means removing a resuscitator, stopping chemotherapy or hemodialysis, or failing to perform CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation), it means to only provide the patient the necessities of water, nutrients, and air before they die on their own accord.

However, the standard or basis of which this is decided is unclear and therefore presents an extremely divided case in the medical world. Also, the term “patient” has been growing in definition to represent a wider variety of cases, adding to this undefined range.

“Doctor John” will allow deeper representation of the conflicts that arise with this topic and inspire both thinking and discussion about one’s right to decide the end of their life.

Spoiler

Their focus on Anesthesiology

Although a medical drama, “Doctor John” tells the story of anesthesiologists, or pain doctors, instead of the typical emergency doctors or surgeons. Each episode will demonstrate the patient as the victim, and the doctor as the detective in discovering the cause of the chronic pain that a terminally ill patient is enduring.

Just like a hunt to find a suspect or criminal, this mystery aims for the same thrill and nervousness. Everyone has experienced both physical, mental, and emotional pain, enough to say that the history of humanity is a history of pain. However, “Doctor John” will focus on not the typical pain, but on the pain that follows you no matter how hard you try to avoid and escape it, so much so that it becomes a part of your identity.

A producer from the show shared, “Through our society’s tremendously developed medicine and medicinal technology, ‘Doctor John’ captures the story of how life and death are not so typical and obvious nowadays. A doctor is someone who saves lives, heals patients, and makes people feel better, but is also someone who tries their best even if they cannot save lives, heal patients, or make the pain go away. We will greet our viewers with the meaningful message that how you die will inevitably correlate with how you live.”

“Doctor John” premieres on July 19 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki with English subtitles.

Check out the trailer below!

Watch Now

Source (1)

*** Can’t wait for this. NICE poster - This is just making me highly anticipate this drama more. :P

“Doctor John” Releases Striking Main Posters Ahead Of Premiere This Week

7b0cdc967ec443f4a787957b66ce5005.jpeg?s=

SBS’s “Doctor John” has shared its official main posters!

The upcoming drama stars Ji SungLee Se Young, and Lee Kyu Hyung, and it tells the story of doctors who try to uncover the unknown causes of pain that their chronically ill patients experience.

On July 16, one poster with solely Ji Sung and another poster featuring the three main characters were unveiled. In the poster with Ji Sung, he is sitting inside a transparent box with his knees pulled towards his chest while wearing a doctor’s gown.

With rainbow lights drawn on the floor, as if a streak of light passed through a prism, foggy smog quietly fills the glass case. In addition, the phrase “Human medical sympathizing with your pain” sits next to the right of Ji Sung. It’s said that his character Cha Yo Han is both the “Doctor of Death” and “Doctor of Salvation.”

ji-sung3.jpg

In addition, the poster containing Ji Sung, Lee Se Young and Lee Kyu Hyung reveals their unique characters as a doctor, resident, and prosecutor respectively. They are holding out their hands against a glass, and the same words “Human medical sympathizing with your pain” is written in the center.

lee-kyu-hyung-ji-sung-lee-se-young.jpg

The production crew shared, “The main poster of ‘Doctor John’ contains the explosive passion of the three actors, Ji Sung, Lee Se Young, and Lee Kyu Hyung. We want you to look forward to the first episode airing on July 19 and see what the three leading actors wanted to capture through the main poster.”

“Doctor John” premieres July 19 at 10 p.m. KST, and it will be available on Viki!

Source (1) / soomp news

11 Supporting K-Drama Characters That Are Total Scene Stealers

d155189aee6e4674a359d86da0517d52.jpeg?s=

As weird and wonderful as K-drama lead characters may sometimes be, they always have to fit inside a certain framework in order to make the story work. Heroes and heroines are generally good or redeemable. They go through hardships, learn tough lessons, and receive rewards for their struggles. Supporting characters, on the other hand, are a whole different ball game, and that’s why we love them so much!

Supporting characters could be good guys, bad guys, friends, colleagues, or complete randoms who fall from the sky – sometimes literally. They don’t get much screen time, so they have to make the most of what they have, and they’re way less predictable, which means anything could happen while they’re on screen. So it’s really no surprise that supporting K-drama characters can be the best ones in the show! Here are 11 of our favorites. Have fun getting to know them!

Warning: minor spoilers ahead!

11. Yo Na in “Kill Me, Heal Me”

ji-sung.gif

The only scene stealer to be played by a lead actor (Ji Sung), Ahn Yo Na is a flirty, feisty teenage girl… who happens to be trapped in the body of a man in his thirties. From the moment you hear Yo Na’s battle cry of “OPPA!” you know you’re in for a treat. Every time she reappears for a hair-pulling fight with Ri Jin (Hwang Jung Eum) or a madcap kiss chase with Ri Jin’s twin Ri Ohn (Park Seo Joon), we’re laughing so hard we can’t actually breathe.

Check out the first episode of “Kill Me, Heal Me”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

"Doctor John" and "Be Melodramatic" Off to a Bad Start

photo1082551.jpg

Nowadays, with the changing social attitudes regarding women, the sexist settings and scenes that used to be taken for granted in dramas and movies are showing signs of decreasing gradually. However, among them, there are dramas that have been criticized by internet users even before the show was aired due to the gender consciousness that failed to keep up with social trends.

"Doctor John", an SBS drama about anesthesiology and pain medicine doctors coming this 19th, had to revise its character descriptions, as it was criticized for introducing the head nurse as an 'ajumma' on its homepage.

Originally, the "Doctor John" production explained the character of Nurse Hong as "Also known as Hong. She's a chatty and fussy ajumma who has to know everything that goes on in the hospital and spreads rumors about them". About Nurse Na, who is 3 years into the job, it explained, "She is in charge of the anesthesiologists' center admissions. She eats a lot, sometimes all day, but her life changes when she meets Doctor John".

photo1082552.jpg

Internet users responded to this by saying, "The director and writer of this drama obviously have no idea what a nurse does. Do your homework before making the drama", "You need at least 20 years of experience and at least a Masters degree to become a head nurse, but that's what you're calling her? That doesn't make sense. It looks like anyone can be a writer these days" and more.

Among them were women's opinions that they were ignoring and holding discriminating views toward nurses, who are mostly women.

The term 'ajumma' degenerates a woman's effort and success in getting a high social position. In the end, netizens complained on the bulletin board and "Doctor John" revised certain terms to 'atmosphere maker' and 'grows into'.

These dramas haven't even begun yet and they've already caused quite a controversy.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source : /news.nate.com/view/2...

Translation : Hancinema