❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

Drama viewership ratings for the week of June 13-19, 2016

dramaratings_2.jpg

Entertainer continues to be in third place, though at least it’s been holding steady around the 7% mark.

Wednesday, June 15      
Master—God of Noodle 15 KBS 6.9%
Lucky Romance 7 MBC 9.8%
Entertainer 17 SBS 7.5%
Thursday, June 16      
Master—God of Noodle 16 KBS 9.0%
Lucky Romance 8 MBC 8.7%
Entertainer 18 SBS 7.8%

(skipped unrelated.....)

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/06/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-june-13-19-2016/

• Like 1

Actor Ji Sung to throw the first pitch at LA Dodgers game

ji-sung_1466486002_af_org.jpg

Actor Ji Sung was invited to throw the ceremonial first pitch at LA Dodgers vs. Baltimore Orioles game!

In celebration of Korea Day, Ji Sung, who is well-known for his outstanding performance in hit dramas like 'Ddanddara', 'Kill Me Heal Me', and more, is opening the game on July 6. It's reported that the LA Dodgers sent a special request to the actor, and he happily accepted.

Ji Sung is also scheduled to greet fans and provide autographs at the Korea promotion booth. Lucky fans can now enjoy baseball as well as the time with Ji Sung! 

source : allkpop

• Like 1

QUIZ: Can You Guess Which Of These Celebrities Are Older?

Do you ever look at a celebrity and wonder if they’ve found the elusive fountain of youth? I sure do. Some of these people just don’t age at the same pace that we earthly commoners do. It’s so unfair. *cries*

Test your knowledge and see if you can guess who’s older among these celebrities that all age like fine wine.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Which handsome actor is older?

Which handsome actor is older?

LINK here : http://www.soompi.com/2016/06/22/quiz-can-guess-celebrity-older/

• Like 1

June 28, 2016

Ji Sung, Park Bo-young chosen best Korean TV actors

SEOUL, June 28 (Yonhap) -- Park Bo-young, the heroine of the South Korean TV series "Oh My Ghostess," has received best actress from an annual drama awards hosted by an American online Asian drama-streaming site.

(skipped unrelated.....)

DramaFever is one of North America's leading Korean drama streaming services with a monthly average of nearly 20 million users.

In the awards where the winners were chosen by the votes of about 1.9 million users, the best actor went to Ji Sung for his starring role in the 2015 MBC drama series "Kill Me, Heal Me."

K-pop boy band Super Junior's Choi Si-won received best assistant actor for the MBC series "Pretty Woman," while Kim Seul-gi of "Oh My Ghostess" clinched the best assistant actress award.

sshim@yna.co.kr

(END)

credit : Yonhap News

• Like 1

June 29, 2016

Park Bo-young, Ji Sung Voted Best Korean Actors in U.S.

Park Bo-young (left) and Ji Sung

Park Bo-young and Ji Sung were named best Korean actors by the U.S.-based Asian drama streaming website Drama Fever on Monday.

At the site's annual awards, Park won the honor for her role as a ghost-possessed cook in "Oh My Ghostess," while Ji won for his starring role in "Kill Me, Heal Me."

The winners were chosen via online vote by more than 1.9 million users.

"I'm so thrilled because this is the first time I have received this kind of award." Park said in an interview during the ceremony in New York, adding that she will share the honor with colleagues from the drama.

englishnews@chosun.com / Jun. 29, 2016 10:47 KST

• Like 1

Announcing the winners of the Fourth Annual DramaFever Awards!

af6c6f91-9bdd-4191-9a45-84cbf3259105.jpg

The dramas of 2015 made us laugh, cry, and fall in love. With nearly 1.9 million fan votes, it's time to recognize the best of the best by announcing the winners of the Fourth Annual DramaFever Awards! And the winners are...

2. Best Actor 

Ji Sung in Kill Me, Heal Me

13. Best Korean Drama – Comedy 

Kill Me, Heal Me

Congratulations to all the winners this year! 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : dramafever

• Like 3

Park Bo-young, Ji Sung awarded as best actors of 2016

Actress Park Bo-young and actor Ji Sung have proved to be the most beloved by American fans.

DramaFever, one of America’s leading online Asian drama-streaming sites, chose Park, the heroine of the 2015 tvN comedy series “Oh My Ghostess,” and Ji, the male lead in the 2015 MBC soap opera “Kill Me, Heal Me,” as the best actress and actor for the year on June 27.

The announcement was made at the 4th DramaFever Awards ceremony hosted by the drama-streaming service in New York.

JiSung_DramaFever_Award_03.jpg

Actress Park Bo-young gives an acceptance speech after she received the Best Actress of the Year Award at the fourth DramaFever Awards ceremony hosted by DramaFever on June 27.

JiSung_DramaFever_Award_02.jpg

Actor Ji Sung sends a video message to his American fans after winning the DramaFever Best Actor of the Year Award.

“I am so thrilled because this is the first time I have received an award like this,” said Park during the awards ceremony. The actress added, “I will share this honor with the other cast and crew, including my chef, Jo Jung-suk” (the male lead in the drama). She starred in the drama as Na Bong-seon, a woman who is an assistant chef possessed by the ghost of a young woman.

Ji, too, sent a message of appreciation to his American fans via video, saying, “I realize that my drama has been really well-loved across America. I was so honored to be part of this production.” The actor continued, “I appreciate all of you for giving me this amazing award and I hope you will be able to see more of me in future productions.” The star played Cha Do-hyun, a man from a well-off family who has seven different personalities.

The DramaFever streaming site has around 20 million users a month and this year's winners were chosen by the votes of about 1.9 million drama lovers.

By Sohn JiAe
Korea.net Staff Writer
Photos: DramaFever
jiae5853@korea.kr

• Like 1

On 7/3/2016 at 3:16 AM, LoVeCartier said:

he's at LA. :)
cr: justin_jisung instagram

Hi LoVeCartier, thanks for sharing the photos. JS is in LA right now? Oh, thanks for the info. I wonder - for vacation or work. :P

Park Seul Gi Explains Her Special Relationship With Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young

Park Seul Gi Explains Her Special Relationship With Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young

During a recent filming for KBS’s quiz show “1 vs. 100,” reporter Park Seul Gi talked about her relationship with the celebrity couple Ji Sung and Lee Bo Young.

She said, “I did an interview with Ji Sung, and, saying he had a lot of fun, he invited me to be the emcee at his fan meeting. When I gifted him with some socks after his baby was born, he even sent me a picture of his baby wearing the socks.”

Park Seul Gi said that she then had the opportunity to interview Lee Bo Young. “After that, Lee Bo Young said she wanted to do her post-natal interview with me. I think Ji Sung probably recommended me to her. I’m always thankful.”

The episode of “1 vs. 100” featuring Park Seul Gi airs on July 5 at 8:55 p.m. KST.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 2

*** Awww...she's cute - look at her ponytails! She looks a lot like him or is it just me? :P

Ji Sung shows off his adorable daughter to a chorus of 'awwwws'

ji-sung_1467821422_af_org.jpg

Actor Ji Sung showed off his adorable daughter Ji Yoo in a new Instagram picture!  She's already gotten so big - it seems like she was born just yesterday.

In a new picture posted onto his Instagram on July 6, Ji Sung walks with his back toward the camera while his daughter in his arms looks back with wide eyes, her hair in adorable pig tails.  

Doesn't she look adorable?!  What a cute father-daughter pair.

SEE ALSO: Actor Ji Sung to throw the first pitch at LA Dodgers game

https://igcdn-photos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xat1/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/p750x750/13561516_524537271069786_674603355_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTI4ODE5NTA2MzExNzE4ODIzNA%3D%3D.2

source : allkpop

• Like 2

July 8, 2016

Kim Tae-woo, Ji Sung Participate in MLB Korean Event

Singer Kim Tae-woo and actor Ji Sung joined pitcher Ryu Hyun-jin at the Los Angeles Dodgers' home stadium on Tuesday to celebrate an event for Koreans

Ryu Hyun-jin (center) poses with Kim Tae-woo and Ji Sung at Dodgers Stadium in Los Angeles on Tuesday. /Yonhap

Ryu Hyun-jin (center) poses with Kim Tae-woo and Ji Sung at Dodgers Stadium in Los Angeles on Tuesday. /Yonhap

The event was held prior to a game between the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Baltimore Orioles.

Kim sang the national anthems of Korea and the U.S. and Ji threw the first pitch.

englishnews@chosun.com / Jul. 07, 2016 11:17 KST

• Like 1

10 K-drama characters we’d date in a heartbeat

Which K-drama character would you date in a heartbeat in real life? Can’t decide? Check out our candidates below!

(skipped unrelated.....)

7. Cha Do Hyun (Ji Sung)

87c7e2be-76fc-4e36-892f-8738628f4bc8.jpg

Okay, it will take you a little while to get used to multiple personalities, but once you get the hang of it, we swear dating Cha Do Hyun of Kill Me, Heal Me will be a lot of fun!

LINK to Vote : https://www.dramafever.com/news/10-k-drama-characters-youd-date-in-a-heartbeat/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

*** Wahhh............another drama again for JS. Currently, I’m re-watching “Entertainer” for JS. I am enjoying it. It seems that this new drama has no loveline. I hope he’s taking this role because the story looks promising & engaging. I hope Ji Sung says yes! Besides, I can totally see him in this role! Ji Sung would be awesome in this role. It is the writer of City Hunter after all so my expectations for this are pretty high. In “Swallow the Sun” he was so badass in there – that drama was full of thriller and vengeance.so I could say he can manage this drama… I love to see him in this meaty role. I love to see Ji Sung in something like this, a complex & intriguing role. I would definitely watch this because I am a fan of Ji Sung. Whatever it is, I’m in! :P

Ji Sung considers SBS prison break thriller Defendant

JiSung2.jpg

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/08/ji-sung-considers-sbs-prison-break-thriller-defendant/

• Like 1

Ji Sung Considering SBS Mon-Tues Legal Drama Defendant

SBS is really rocking and rolling with scheduling new dramas, and hopefully the network continues to do well in either ratings or critical reception. There seems to be no end of legal dramas, ever, and another is in the works called Defendant which is along the lines of a medical drama calling itself Doctor. Turns out Ji Sung may not be nursing any bad feelings towards SBS for the low-rated Entertainer earlier this spring, a drama that didn’t really have a compelling story and saddled him with an incompatibly cast Hyeri as the leading lady. Defendant is courting Ji Sung as a prosecutor with the major crimes unit, which will be his second time playing a prosecutor after being in Royal Family. What gets me excited is that his wife Lee Bo Young is also a SBS regular and it would be amazing if the network could get her to pick this as her first post-baby drama and combine the two marrieds.

The PD of Yawang will be directing Defendant, which makes me expect twist and turns as well as lots of intensity. Defendant is slated to take over the Mon-Tues slot after Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart: Ryeo.

source : http://koalasplayground.com/2016/08/02/ji-sung-considering-sbs-mon-tues-legal-drama-defendant/

• Like 1

On 8/3/2016 at 1:44 AM, willenette said:

Ji Sung considers SBS prison break thriller Defendant

I'm so excited about this. I would love to see him in a role like this. He would just nail this role. I hope everything works out for him taking this drama.

Edited by evie7

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2016 at 3:16 AM, LoVeCartier said:

he's at LA. :)
cr: justin_jisung instagram

Hi LoVeCartier, thanks for sharing these photos from JS's last drama. How I missed it. I enjoyed it. And the articles I read about the drama were positive. I love the drama and I don't get why everyone is complaining. It's a really heart-warming story. I was hoping for a fun and heart-warming drama with “Entertainer” and that’s exactly what I got! It’s cheesy but in the best way possible. “Entertainer” populates its world with so many lovable characters. Ji Sung nails all aspects of this character from despicable to eccentric to heartbroken to genuinely kind. I really enjoyed Kang Min Hyuk as Jo Ha Neul, too. It's my 1st time to watch him in a drama. He looks so good.....he's cute. And this guy can act, huh?  “Entertainer” did well at highlighting just how damaging false charges can be for anyone especially for someone in the public eye. The message here is : You never know what hurt is buried in someone’s heart. And bromance really overflows in this drama! Happy endings abound in “Entertainer.” I'm a sucker for a happy-ending-story. I love the ending.   “Entertainer” for me was truly a beautiful drama that made me laugh, cry, and inspired me. :P

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Korean movie of the week "Whatcha Wearin'?"

photo770291.jpg

Korean movie of the week "Whatcha Wearin'??" (2012)

Directed by Byun Sung-Hyun

With Ji Seong, Kim Ah-joong, Shin So-yul, Kang Kyeong-joon, Kim Seong-oh, Jeong Soo-yeong,...

Also known as "Whatcha Wearin'??"
Synopsis
I'm an impatient girlfriend who wants to marry a man then I mistakingly call a stranger. I'ts an exciting, disastrous, sulky episode pleasantly described as a eye popping, exhilarating Rated R romance.

Release date in Korea : 2012/12/06

Available on DVD and Blu-ray from YESASIA

Blu-ray (Digipack) (En Sub)
Blu-ray (Digipack) (En Sub)
DVD HK (En Sub)
DVD HK (En Sub)
Blu-ray HK (En Sub)
Blu-ray HK (En Sub)

Episode 1

Watch on DramaFever

source : Hancinema

• Like 2