❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

TV : Entertainer (Pilot)

201604210900169110_1.jpg

LINK here : http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.sg/2016/04/tv-entertainer-pilot.html

MORE --

NEW RELEASE: The Entertainer, starring Ji Sung and Hyeri

e21be107-e231-45ea-aac0-4a4692bdaa16.jpg

Ji Sung and Hyeri's highly anticipated romantic comedy The Entertainer is finally out! Here's what to expect from this delightful new drama: 

Synopsis

Shin Suk Ho (Ji Sung) was once a hotshot director at South Korea's biggest entertainment company, but as the CEO of a small agency, he discovers there's more to the business than glamour. Forced to wear different hats, Suk Ho juggles everything from talent recruitment to managing fledgling trainees—eventually discovering his true calling as a band manager.

d32ca6fd-b6c9-4a13-b341-269f0bfd1cc8.jpg

f2589b8e-2383-4306-908c-686a6aee4133.jpg

3c0a2d93-5968-4065-8125-34df62360044.jpg

Watch Now

source : dramafever

• Like 1

Fashion Faceoff: Ji Sung and Hyeri vs Hwang Jung Eum and Ryu Joon Yul

d36084a7-c805-4a0b-9461-600c22a77c40.jpg

In a strange turn of events, two of the most popular dramas of 2015,  Kill Me, Heal Me and Answer Me 1988, are switching their leads for two of the most highly-anticipated K-dramas of 2016, The Entertainer and Lucky Romance. As luck would have it, both pairs recently completed couple photo shoots, and I want to know who you think made the sexiest pair: Ji Sung and Hyeri or Hwang Jung Eum and Ryu Joon Yul!

Exhibit A: Ji Sung and Hyeri for The Entertainer

The Ji/Hye couple sported a flirty and fun look with bold cuts and colors for InStyle. They look like one couple who knows how to have a good time! 

Entertainer37.jpg

Entertainer34.jpg

Entertainer35.jpg

Entertainer36.jpg

Entertainer38.jpg

Spoiler

LINK to Vote : https://www.dramafever.com/news/fashion-faceoff-ji-sung-and-hyeri-vs-hwang-jung-eum-and-ryu-joon-yul/

Remember, this voting is just in good fun. During the press conference for The Entertainer, Ji Sung was asked about the rivalry between the two dramas and he said, "Hwang Jung Eum is a friend who means a lot to me. From Secret Love to Kill Me, Heal Me, we know each other's acting, and I even know Hwang Jung Eum's weakness. (chuckles) And her partner is Ryu Joon Yeol. It's good to see them together, and they seem to have unique chemistry. I look forward to a high quality drama. I also am going to work hard to create a 'Ddanddara' band with Hyeri."

Hyeri commented on the subject, "I was really surprised. I think about 6 episodes overlap each other. First and foremost, I think we have to work hard to shoot the drama." She continued, "I actually have talked with Ryu Joon Yeol. I gave him a call, and we talked about it. I asked if he's going to be okay because our drama is really good. I am going to give my best for the role and also cheer him on for a fantastic drama." 

The Entertainer is now out on DramaFever. Watch the first episode now! 

Spoiler

• Like 1

Ji Sung makes a new SNS post in celebration of the premiere of 'Entertainer'

Ji Sung made a new SNS post in celebration of the premiere of his new drama, 'Entertainer.'

On April 20th, actor Ji Sung uploaded a new photo on his SNS and wrote, "The premiere day of 'Entertainer'! Excited.. Nervous.. and Anxious.. I am always thrilled thanks to everyone's supports, though."

He lastly added, "Now! 'Entertainer' beings today. I love you all."

The photo shows Ji Sung making a charming smile while holding the official poster of 'Entertainer.'

Meanwhile, new SBS drama 'Entertainer' will air on every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 PM.

Ji Sung makes a new SNS post in celebration of the premiere of 'Entertainer'

/Reporting by Kim Hye-in en@starnnews.com

• Like 1

First Impressions: “Entertainer”

First Impressions: “Entertainer”

Spoiler

The star-studded cast features Ji Sung, who is coming off of a Daesang award for his 2015 drama “Kill Me, Heal Me”; Hyeri from Girl’s Day, bouncing right back from the end of “Reply 1988″; and CNBLUE’s Kang Min Hyuk, whose last drama was “Heirs” in 2013.

Most of the dramas I’ve watched recently have been on the serious side, so “Entertainer,” which is about an entertainment director breaking from a large agency to form his own company, sounded like it would offer a more light-hearted change of pace. So, how did “Entertainer” hold up in its first two episodes? (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Production Value

The goofy, light-hearted teasers and pre-release information led me to expect a comedy, probably an underdog-type story that would set us up to cheer for some unlikely but talented rookies in the music industry.

So I was surprised when “Entertainer” hit upon some very dark notes right out of the gate and dove straight into a much more complicated plot. That’s a good thing, though; it makes for a much more interesting drama and (hopefully) more nuanced character development.

Visually, I don’t think I’ll ever see anything as pretty as “Descendants of the Sun,” so maybe I’m just ruined forever on cinematography. (I don’t really mean to compare these dramas — I’m clearly just not over “Descendants” yet…) I did appreciate what is thus far a tastefully subtle OST for “Entertainer.” The music fit the scenes perfectly and didn’t have that glaringly obvious “CUE OST!” feel that many dramas have. I hope the drama continues to find ways to seamlessly work in its music, especially because we will presumably be seeing more performances from Kang Min Hyuk’s rookie band (and maybe some competitors?). I mean, this is a drama about the music industry, after all!

Cast and Characters

After his award-winning performance in “Kill Me, Heal Me,” Ji Sung has a lot to live up to in this drama. He plays the role of Seok Ho, a ruthless music producer who seems willing to do anything for his own profit. He built his fame upon two K-pop groups — a boy group called Jackson and a girl group called Lucy Girls — but now wants to form his own agency.

I’m still not quite sure if I want to root for Seok Ho or if I want to loathe him. On one hand, there seems to be more to him than meets the eye; I’m curious to see more of his backstory and how his character develops throughout the drama. On the other hand, Seok Ho seems like a downright slimy character who is self-centered and manipulative. But if anyone can make a character interesting and compelling, it’s Ji Sung — so even if I found his character frankly unlikable, I trust Ji Sung to bring depth to Seok Ho as the drama continues.

Hyeri also has some high expectations riding on her first post-“Reply 1988” project. I haven’t watched “Reply 1988” yet — it’s at the top of my to-binge list for the summer — but I was looking forward to seeing what Hyeri could do on the small screen. In “Entertainer,” she plays a devoted noona named Geu Rin who juggles several part-time jobs to support her younger brother; their parents tragically passed away, so it’s just the two of them.

Unfortunately, Geu Rin hasn’t gotten to do much except cry a lot of pretty tears so far. I hope her character gets a lot more development, because I did enjoy the cute sibling dynamic between Geu Rin and her younger brother Ha Neul. I can’t help but feel weird about what looks like a forthcoming romance between Geu Rin and Seok Ho, though. I guess it’s the age difference that bothers me…

Little brother Ha Neul is played by Kang Min Hyuk. He’s a talented high school student who wants to pursue music, but his parents always disapproved (for reasons that are clearly tragic — something to do with the death of his older brother — but it’s all still a bit mysterious to the audience). He’s a star student, but a sudden (and apparently false) accusation of sexual harassment tarnishes his reputation. Understandably, he’s left feeling pretty hopeless, until Seok Ho comes along and offers him a shot at a singing career.

Ha Neul is also a pretty understated character so far, which isn’t surprising given that he’s being forced to grit his teeth and bear some very heavy burdens. I hope his character really gets to shine now that he’s finally getting his shot at music — even if I still don’t quite trust Seok Ho to be a good and honest manager. I will say that there’s also huge potential for an adorable bromance between Ha Neul and Seok Ho. I hope the drama does it justice.

Storyline

The more dramas I watch, the more I appreciate how difficult it is to strike a balance between laying a contextual foundation (i.e. backstory) and setting a brisk, engaging pace. Looking at “Entertainer” from a big-picture stance, I found the pace to be on the quicker side, but not horrendously so. But on a closer level, I couldn’t help but wish for a more solid background. “Entertainer” jumps right into the thick of things pretty quickly. Because of this, I felt like the emotional payoff was diminished.

For example, I didn’t feel like I had enough background information to feel sorry for Seok Ho when his star boy group Jackson jumped ship on him, because we only got a few very brief flashes of their happy memories together after the damage was already done. This, combined with the fact that Seok Ho is kind of a sleazy character anyway, meant I felt little sympathy for him when everything started crumbling.

ji sung tear

I also felt abruptly hurled into Ha Neul’s court scene, where he is accused of sexual harassment by a classmate. While there was clearly something fishy going on, I knew literally nothing about Geu Rin, Ha Neul, or the accusatory classmate Ji Young, which meant that I had no feelings to invest in Hyeri’s tearful outburst or the apparent deceit taking place.

Episode 2 improved upon this a fair amount by giving us some further insight into Ha Neul and Geu Rin’s tragic family story. While I can certainly understand a strategy of revealing the past bit by bit, I stand by my opinion that providing even just a little bit more of the backstory earlier on would have set up the audience for a much deeper emotional reaction to some of the early scenes. That being said, I am certainly interested to find out what else from the past is going to come back to haunt all of these characters.

Final Thoughts

Overall, I’m honestly not sure if this drama impressed me enough to keep watching. It’s no fault of the cast — the storyline is just too patchy and hasn’t given me enough reason to emotionally invest myself in it. While I see great potential for development, I’m not sure if my curiosity about the characters’ pasts is enough for me to stick around. Am I wrong?

credit : soompi news

Spoiler

MORE --

“Entertainer” Reveals Ji Sung and Kang Min Hyuk’s Bromance on Set

“Entertainer” Reveals Ji Sung and Kang Min Hyuk’s Bromance on Set

On April 25, SBS’s new drama “Entertainer” shared some behind-the-scenes stills of actors Ji Sung and Kang Min Hyuk, as well as insights into their on-set relationship.

In the photos, the pair are seen fooling around on location after a blooper, as well as practising their lines, and taking a break together between shots.

A representative from the production team of “Entertainer” says, “The two actors have a lot of scenes together, and so they became close very fast.” They add, “In particular, Ji Sung is incredibly passionate about his work while filming, and the younger actors see that and are learning a lot from him.”

They describe how Kang Min Hyuk follows Ji Sung around while calling himhyung-nim, a respectful way to address his older co-star. “Ji Sung affectionately takes care of Kang Min Hyuk, and the two of them are always together, whether they’re practising lines or chatting,” the representative says. “Their bromance warms up the whole set. Please look forward to their boss/employee bromance in the drama.”

“Entertainer,” starring Ji Sung, Kang Min Hyuk, and Hyeri, tells the story of a former entertainment company director (played by Ji Sung) who starts his own company and recruits Kang Min Hyuk’s character as the vocalist of his new band. The drama airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays on SBS.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

10 Youthful Stars Whose Age Will Surprise You

10 Youthful Stars Whose Age Will Surprise You

To celebrities, image could possibly be the single most important feature about them that gives them a competitive edge. So it should come as no surprise that many celebrities of all ages put so much money into taking care of their image – especially in a country as particular about skin-care as Korea.

Even among celebrities, however, there are those lucky few who never seem to look any older, no matter how much time passes. Here are ten celebrities whose youthful looks defy their age (all ages are by Western reckoning).

(skipped unrelated.....)

8. Ji Sung (39)

ji sung

Ji Sung slayed in 2015 by playing seven roles in one drama, “Kill Me, Heal Me,” and is currently starring in “Entertainer.” Born in 1977, he doesn’t let his age slow him down.

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

Ji Sung's performance in drama 'Entertainer' becoming a hot issue

Ji Sung's performance in drama 'Entertainer' is becoming a hot issue among many fans and viewers.

Ji Sung is playing in SBS drama 'Entertainer' as a lead role named Shin Suk Ho, and on April 24th, new photos of Ji Sung from 'Entertainer' were released through Ji Sung's official Facebook.

Ji Sung is playing in the drama as Shin Suk Ho, the CEO of KTOP Entertainment, and the first two episodes showed Shin Suk Ho's great leadership as band Ddandara's manager.

Shin Suk Ho used to be widely recognized as one of the most talented producers of Korea, but he lost his career after getting betrayed by a few people who he had deep trust for. While looking for ways to start his career once again, he runs into Jo Ha Neul (played by Kang Min Hyuk).

Meanwhile, 'Entertainer' airs on every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 PM.

Ji Sung's performance in drama 'Entertainer' becoming a hot issue

/Reporting by Kim Hye-in en@starnnews.com

• Like 1

5 Reasons why you should watch the drama “Ddandara”

CgYRC_FUMAAtFlp.jpg

If you are wondering if “Entertainer” or also known as “Ddandara” is worth a try then we will be giving you 5 Reasons to watch it! Because this k-drama is worth your time, we can assure you that!

1) You can trust the acting of the main leads, Hello Ji Sung of Kill Me Heal Me and our Duk Seon, Girl’s Day Hyeri.

Both have proven their acting skills from the previous dramas they starred on. And in just the first episode, you can tell that we are stating facts :)

2) You will get the gist of the pre-debut to idol life.

Ever wondered the real life in pre-debut days? Then you should definitely watch this! You can even get the idea of all the things revolving around an entertainer.

3) You can see the great singing and acting talent of CNBLUE’s Kang Minhyuk.  He is a new gem in the industry!

Check out episode 2 and surely, you’ll be a fan of this drummer boy!

4) Upcoming romance between Ji Sung and Hyeri. Whoever gets partnered with Ji Sung, makes our heart flutter.

Just with the small interactions they have, you can see that they have a cute chemistry.

5) The story itself talks about the life of an aspiring person that wants to achieve his/her dreams despite difficult situations.

This story can really inspire us to achieve the dreams we buried just to get a living.

So what are you waiting for? Go and watch episodes 1 and 2 to keep up with the drama! “Entertainer” airs every Wednesdays and Thursdays on SBS!

source : http://kpopfighting.com/2016/04/26/5-reasons-why-you-should-watch-the-drama-ddandara/

• Like 1

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Entertainers" Episode 3

Spoiler

photo718572.jpg

As with all of the strongest dramas, "Entertainers" has begun to put together the one thing that always grabs at hearts and convinces the viewer to invest into it. It has created a family, a band family. A group of hurting misfits band together (pun intended) for the love of music, and will most certainly learn to love each other. Even ruthless Seok-ho is starting to show his gooey center. Perhaps that is helping the climbing rating - a 7.2%.

While Seok-ho endeavors to pick his life and career up off of the ground, so do Ha-neul, Kyle (Gong Myeong), and Green. The ranks of the misfits grows larger with not one, but two more people who don't quite belong: twenty-five-year-old single father Na Yeon-soo (Lee Tae-seon) and his adorable five-year-old son, Chan-hee. Nearly broke Seok-ho and his band of ex-cons and single fathers are aiming to find their way into our hearts.

photo718570.jpg

There are several mysteries running deep within the veins of our characters and fueling their pain. Foremost is Ha-neul's rape accusation by Lee Ji-yeong. Why did she do it? And was Joo-han in on it? Seok-ho suggested helping him look into it to make the band viable in the industry, but I have a feeling it will make Seok-ho less focused on material success and more focused on his growing band family. Then we have the backstory that is shared by Seok-ho and Ha-neul and Ha-neul's dead older brother. In that we also have the mystery of how Green connected with them. So much juicy material to explore.

Newbie actor Lee Tae-seon playing single father Na Yeon-soo is utterly delightful. He smiles in a way that makes him seem foolish, but his kind heart that sympathizes with pain and his experience from being a young father in a very judging society make him tougher than he seems. My favorite moment of the episode was when he and his son painted over the slurs sprayed painted on the wall of Ha-neul's and Green's home. Kyle isn't quite as mature as Yeon-soo, but we see that he is not slow. He sees and understands much more than he lets on. I'm surprised Green hasn't gotten as much development as these guys. Mostly she's an overworked, overprotective big sister who doesn't care what Seok-ho says, she's going to take care of her brother at any cost! Including giving up everything to be his manager!

photo718571.jpg

A few small things I enjoyed: Park Shin-hye's cameo as a maknae PD. Ha-neul's shirt saying "guilty" in English. Probably not the best wardrobe choice. The use of Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" when Seok-ho realizes that he knows Ha-neul from long ago via the "Nevermind" album. A bigger thing I appreciated was Ha-neul thinking of others and quitting the band. It may seem like the typical "noble idiot" trope, but in this case, he could really damage a young father and his song, Kyle's burgeoning guitar career, and Seok-ho's path of career redemption. Ha-neul has no faith in himself, but that's okay. His new family will help him build that. I have faith in them.

ent1ent2

Written by: Raine from 'Raine's Dichotomy'

"Entertainers" is directed by Hong Seong-chang and Lee Gwang-yeong, written by Yoo Yeong-ah, and features Ji Seong, Hyeri, Kang Min-hyuk, Chae Jeong-an, Jeon No-min, and Jeong Man-sik.

Episode 3

Watch on DramaFever

source : Hancinema

Spoiler

"Entertainers" Ji Seong and Kang Min-hyuk in a delicate situation

photo718535.jpg

Ji Seong was spotted crying with a dazed look on his face.

Stills of Ji Seong (Sin Seok-ho) and Kang Min-hyuk (Ha-neul) from the SBS drama "Entertainers" were released on the 27th.

The two stand in a delicate situation. Kang Min-hyuk looks calm while Ji Seong looks full of hatred.

In the next picture, Ji Seong has a dazed look on his face but he's got tears in his eyes. He looks surprised and is about to cry.

These pictures were taken in a café in Ilsan on the 11th. Ji Seong and Kang Min-hyuk worked on their emotions by rehearsing by themselves and paid attention to every single detail. Thanks to their hard work, the scene was shot without NG.

Source : www.asiatoday.co.kr/v...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 1

***Under fire? Why is it wrong? I’m sure they know that this actually happens in the real world. This is awareness to people. Is it big deal in Korean dramas? ;)

'Ddanddara' under fire for airing a scene hinting at rape

Minhyuk-Minhyuk-Hyeri-ji-sung_1461891502

Viewers were uncomfortably disturbed by a scene blatantly referring to rape on the most recent episode of SBS drama 'Ddanddara'. 

On the 4th episode aired on April 28, Hyeri told Ji Sung the story of the night that unjustly caused Minhyuk to become a rapist. She said, "He went to go pick up his MP3, and saw Ji Young being attacked by some guy. But then someone hit him on the head, which caused him to faint, and when he woke up, police was there, and he became the rapist." 

During Hyeri's narration, the scene transitioned into one of Ji Young being assaulted by an unknown male. Viewers then strongly reacted in discomfort and said, "Is it necessary to show that part? It would've been okay with just the narration", "That scene is offensive and inappropriate. Can't believe it was allowed to air", "Are they trying to air provocative scenes to increase viewership ratings?", "Ji Young is a high school student. It's not okay to show scenes like that with young actors", etc. 

Do you think the scene on 'Ddanddara' was inappropriate? 

ji-sung_1461890949_dd.jpg

source : allkpop

• Like 1

[Drama Review] 'Ddanddara' - Episode 3

Minhyuk-Minhyuk-Hyeri-ji-sung_1461878329

Spoiler

Is it possible to get more confused as the episodes go on? Because the more I watch 'Ddanddara,' the more lost I get. Seriously, what tf is going on? 

The drama is trying to delay telling us what happened to Ha Neul as much as possible...just dragging it on and on and on, possibly until the very last episodes, which, I dearly hope is not the case because I don't think I can bare the curiosity and frustration any longer. 

The mystery surrounding what occurred between Ha Neul and Ji Young, and how the latter framed to former to make it appear as though he raped her, isn't presented in a way that makes the viewers like myself grow intrigued and anticipate the next episode--frustration and hair-pulling are what ensue instead. The whole scenario is very messy so far, and the writer and production crew just plop one mystery down after another, and to be very frank, I'm not liking the direction in which this drama's plot is heading. But...I'll stay the optimist and hold on to that meagre ray of hope that it can only go uphill from here.

ji-sung_1461878525_Screen_shot_2016-04-2

Please give us more backstory on this chick because right now she seems kinda pointless. 

For example,  we only see bits and pieces of what happened to Ha Neul: a flashback to the day of his 'crime,' a scene of weasly Joo Han snapping at Ji Young for creating a huge gap in their evil little scheme (whatever it is) which clearly involves Ha Neul, and Ji Young phoning someone to ask for a favor with a somber expression on her face. Yeah...and those scenes tell us nothing. Nada. Nil. Zip. Cero. Except that, of course, Joo Han is a weasly little bastard and that Ji Young is probably the biggest richard simmons in this series. But hey, even evil guys must have sound enough reasons for stepping on the nice guys, right? We'll find out...perhaps soon. 

ji-sung_1461878577_Screen_shot_2016-04-2

How I laugh at myself for getting so lost every time I watch this drama. 

The reason I say 'soon' is that without Ha Neul, there is no more Ddanddara band. For Ddanddara to continue on, Ha Neul's crime needs to be cleared. As Seok Ho's Voice of Reason friend Min Joo said, when Ha Neul's supposed sexual deviant past is eventually dug up--and you know it will be dug up, knowing these ruthless netizens--everything and everyone will be ruined, including Seok Ho, his company, the rest of the Ddanddara bandmates...basically everything and everyone near and dear to Seok Ho. So I'd advise Seok Ho, much like Min Joo did, to follow his head rather than his heart. But hey, who am I to be giving advice to a fictional character in a drama, especially a K-drama, where characters are notorious for placing themselves in disastrous situations which are often the direct results of listening to their hearts rather than their heads? 

ji-sung_1461878670_Screen_shot_2016-04-2

This cute lil' kid named Chan Hee was honestly the best part about this entire episode. 

Moving on, it's finally good to see Seok Ho not get beat up by fate anymore...literally and figuratively. Remember how I said what goes around eventually comes back around in my last review? Well, it looks like the couple selfless actions Seok Ho showed to people in the past finally caught up to him; thanks to some heaven-sent mannas, Seok Ho is able to pick himself back up slowly, finding a talented new bassist named Na Yeon Seo, screwing Joo Han over big time, and as an extra, even recruiting a new band manager, aka Geu Rin, who eagerly volunteered for the job in order to be by Ha Neul's side 24/7. 

ji-sung_1461878894_Screen_shot_2016-04-2

Oh look, more clues! ...that tell us nothing. 

I can already tell that a so-called cheesy 'love line' will soon be developing between Geu Rin and Seok Ho. To that I say, "Ugghhhh." Yeah, you heard me, "UGHHHHHHHHH." It's not even the age difference that is making me cringe so much at this soon-to-be couple. I feel no chemistry between them. The drama tries too hard to force the chemistry on us, and because it's so unconvincing, I find myself reacting even more aversely toward it. But to be fair, it's only the third episode. Maybe the love between Geu Rin and Seok Ho will turn more natural. 

Score

Plot: 6

Cinematography: 8

Pacing: 6

Overall Score: 6.7

source : allkpop

Spoiler

• Like 1

On 4/29/2016 at 2:58 AM, willenette said:

***Under fire? Why is it wrong? I’m sure they know that this actually happens in the real world. This is awareness to people. Is it big deal in Korean dramas? ;)

I don't understand this eitherconfused-onion-head-emoticon.gifI guess they want to bury their heads in the sand and pretend things like that don't happen to high school girls. SMH, SMH. 

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Apr. 25–May 1, 2016

dramaratings_2.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

Entertainer is still performing solidly, and even rose an entire point between its third and fourth episodes. What’s interesting about Entertainer is that they aired a rebroadcast of the first episode in light of all the negative criticism, in a bid to make the hero seem much more likable. Do-overs in dramaland sound like they shouldn’t be a thing, but it certainly seems to have helped(?).

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Apr. 25–May 1, 2016

Wednesday, Apr. 27      
Master—God of Noodle 1 KBS 7.6%
Goodbye Mr. Black 13 MBC 8.7%
Entertainer 3 SBS 7.2%
Thursday, Apr. 28      
Master—God of Noodle 2 KBS 6.5%
Goodbye Mr. Black 14 MBC 8.7%
Entertainer 4 SBS 8.3%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/05/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-apr-25-may-1-2016/

• Like 1

Ji Seong with red bandana and being a cat in selfie

photo720153.png

Ji Seong shared a funny photo of himself online to say hello to his fans.

On May 3rd, Ji Seong wrote on his personal Instagram, "#Entertainers My stylist made this image like this. It's not me. I really didn't know what was going on. Never. ^^ But, I feel good because it may help you have a happy day today ❤" for the caption of the photos.

In the revealed photos, Ji Seong smiles softly or make a cute face with the eyes open big. The photos decorated with stickers filter show Ji Seong wearing a red bandana around his head or with cat's ears, mouth and whiskers.

Source : osen.mt.co.kr/article...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 1

Ji Seong, selfie with Hye-Ri during shooting drama 'Ttanttara'

17383_1.jpg

Actor Ji Seong posted a photo he took with Girl's Day Hye-Ri.

On May 2nd, Ji Seong posted a photo on his Instagram with comment "#Ttanttara #ShinSeokHo #JeongGeuRin Ttanttara~"

In the released photo, Ji Seong is staring into the camera with Hye-Ri, who is appearing on SBS 'Ttanttara' together.

Hye-Ri is shining bright like an idol star, and Ji Seong is making a cute face.

Meantime, drama 'Ttanttara' is a story of manager Seok-Ho (played by Ji Seong) and rookie star.[Photo=Ji Seong's Instagram]

source : Innolife.co.kr

• Like 1

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Entertainers" Episode 5

"Entertainers" comes in at 7.4% and delivers heavy feels, buckets of tears, and a whole lot of family fuzzies. The band of misfits that makes up Seok-ho's indie rock band has come together for the love of music, and because they found something special in each other. Sure, there are a few things that I questioned along the way, but Directors Hong and Lee paired with Writer Yoo deliver a powerful hour of entertainment.

This drama doesn't waste time with keeping secrets. It reveals them fairly quickly and then revels in the fallout. Seok-ho's beloved Jinu turns out to be the true culprit behind Seok-ho's new protege Ha-neul's sexual assault accusation. Two boys that Seok-ho loves as his own - a situation that forces Seok-ho to choose one or the other. It's a parent's nightmare. Although Seok-ho is not a parent, he does fill that role for these young men (and Yeon-soo and Kyle), and we see it in how he cares for them, and also in how he worries he can't do right by them. His atrocious behavior as part of KTOP shielded him in an armor that kept him distanced from the pain he caused. The suicide of the singer that he pushed to the limits was the richard simmons in that armor - the heartbreaking stories of his misfits completely shattered him. And that's where this episode finds Seok-ho, broken and lost. His misfits must find him and bring him home.

posterphoto720938.jpgposterphoto720937.jpg

Now, I love the family feeling of this drama, but one thing that bugs me is that we didn't spend enough time with the band as they grew close. We didn't see them fight and rehearse and share meals together, not really. That would've helped me get behind them even more. But at the end of the day, Writer Yoo knows how to deliver poignant emotional moments. She also has a penchant for ending episodes on Seok-ho's crying face, or alternately, his beaming face. She likes to focus on emotional breaks or shifts, but I'd like a different episode ending just to throw me for a loop.

This episode was also full of tears. While I was watching the drama, I was swept away by the emotion. Only now that I write about it do I realize that there wasn't a dry eye in the episode. All of the band members and those around them have hit rock bottom. They've no where to go and they need each other. There is Yeon-soo, the young, tender-hearted father; the firecracker tempered Kyle, and wrongly accused Ha-neul. Not to mention Min-joo who wants to strike out on her own, and Seok-ho who struck out, was cast out and now must find a way to stand again. Green is the only character who isn't quite as filled out as the others. Her role is defined by how much she cares for Ha-neul, and by how she becomes a surrogate noona/older sister for the boys in the band. She has the strength and wherewithal to bring together these boys and make them feel comforted, loved, and like they've come home when under her roof. That's powerful. But I also want her to stand alone apart from her role as caregiver. I don't want that to equate with her being a love interested for Seok-ho or a love rival with Min-joo either. In a similar way, I'm looking for more from the resident evils: KTOPS's CEO, Joo-han, and Ji-yeong. They are 1-D characters driven by selfish desires. I want more. The best villains are multi-layered.

posterphoto720940.jpgposterphoto720936.jpg

The music of the show is another strength. Singer/songwriter sounds are scattered throughout, giving the drama an "indie" vibe just like the indie band in it. It's just lovely. And then there was the horror soundtrack and sound effects hysterically juxtaposed with the carnival music as Green checked out a potential rehearsal space with landowner Byun Gil-joo (Ahn Nae-seong). Ahn was absolutely hilarious as the wily man and according to previews for tomorrow he's going to stick around!

Am I looking forward to tomorrow's episode. You bet I am!

Written by: Raine from 'Raine's Dichotomy'

"Entertainers" is directed by Hong Seong-chang and Lee Gwang-yeong, written by Yoo Yeong-ah, and features Ji Seong, Hyeri, Kang Min-hyuk, Chae Jeong-an, Jeon No-min, and Jeong Man-sik.

Episode 5

Watch on DramaFever

source : Hancinema

• Like 1