❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

10 Beautiful Office Romances From K-Dramas That You Can’t Miss

The office is the perfect habitat for the budding romance. Day in and day out, potential couples work side-by-side, sharing ideas, time, meals, and often, late nights at the office. Co-workers or bosses and their underlings begin to see each other differently as they work together. And that’s where the romance happens, in the stolen minutes before, during, and after work.

Here are 10 office romances in K-dramas that will have you gushing.

Protect the Boss

Protect-the-Boss1.gifProtect-the-Boss2.gif

A classic office romance, “Protect the Boss” is the story of Cha Ji Hun (Ji Sung) and No Eun Seol (Choi Kang Hee). Ji Hun is pretty much a useless company figurehead while Eun Seol struggles to land full-time work. She does so at Ji Hun’s company and works hard to make sure she isn’t fired from her first real job. As she gets to know Ji Hun and why he is so immature, she captures his interest with her trust and understanding. There is some pretty intense second lead meddling in this one, but it doesn’t quite go as expected.

Watch “Protect the Boss”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

***Rom-com for JS? Love it! I’m super happy to hear it's a rom-com. I adore Ji Sung – he’s my 1st bias. :P

Losing love and changing fates in The Wife I Know

wifeiknow-poster01.jpg

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/07/losing-love-and-changing-fates-in-the-wife-i-know/

• Like 1

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] Things Turn Violent in Latest "Familiar Wife" Stills

photo987944.jpg

I can't count the times when domestic abuse is presented as comedic, or worse, romantic in Korean drama, but I hope that "Familiar Wife" will be going for a more down to Earth approach in its universe-bending story. Ji Sung and Han Ji-min's couple has seen better, and less abusive days.

Ji Sung plays Cha Joo-hyeok, a man who gets grief from his wife at home, and from his boss at work. Han Ji-min becomes Seo  Woo-jin, a working mom who is busy at work and at home. I can definitely see how the pressures of daily life they are both under would turn this marriage sour, especially if the two don't mutually support each other and communicate their problems adequately.

In these latest stills, Woo-jin seems to have thrown something at her husband, who seems rightfully confused about the whole thing. I do hope that this dysfunctional marriage is not played up for laughs too much, especially now that abuse is on the table. Ideally, Joo-hyeok's supernaturally fueled, fate-altering choice would also help him find ways to address his current life, rather than provide a supernatural escape to another one.

I hope that this couple finds ways to heal and grow by the end of it all, so if the journey looks fun, I'll be joining them on it, starting August 1st on tvN.

photo987942.jpg

photo987941.jpg

photo987940.jpg

Written by: Orion from 'Orion's Ramblings'

credit : Hancinema

• Like 1

Watch: Ji Sung And Han Ji Min Have Hilarious Dynamic In New “Familiar Wife” Teasers

Ji-Sung-Han-Ji-Min1.jpg

Familiar Wife” has dropped two more teasers ahead of its premiere on August 1!

See Also: "Familiar Wife" Offers Some Clues In Official Posters Of Ji Sung, Han Ji Min, And More

“Familiar Wife” is a romance that tells the fated love story of how the main characters must live their present lives after it is changed by a single decision. It will be a drama that satisfies both “relatability” and “romance.”

The first clip begins with a eery scene of the dark night sky and the sound of a wolf’s howl, but switches to a realistic situation where Seo Woo Jin (Han Ji Min) suddenly barges into the restroom, where Cha Joo Hyuk (Ji Sung) is sitting in the bathtub, without warning.

He gets treated as if he’s invisible when Han Ji Min plops down on the toilet and says in a cynical tone, “What a sight.” This is a scene that truly captures the hilarious moments of a married couple of five years.

As the video continues, Ji Sung narrates, “The countless enemies I’ve met as I’ve lived my life, but the strongest and most vicious of them all is —.” He is cut off by scenes of Ji Sung screaming, losing control of a fire extinguisher, and getting into his car. Finally, the clip slows down and shows Ji Sung, passed out in his car with his phone’s caller ID flashing with the word “wife.”

Ji-Sung.jpg

The second teaser shows a similar dynamic between Ji Sung and Han Ji Min as Ji Sung narrates, “What happened to the cute and lively girl I once knew…” He continues, “Do I have this live this way with this woman for the rest of my life?”

The lead actors then showcase another realistic couple moment when Ji Sung says, “I came home without eating,” to which Han Ji Min bluntly responds, “So?”

“Familiar Wife” is set to premiere on August 1 at 9:30 p.m. KST following “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” and will be available on Viki.

LINK to watch the video here : https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/19/watch-ji-sung-han-ji-min-hilarious-dynamic-new-familiar-wife-teasers/

• Like 1

Watch: Ji Sung, Han Ji Min, And More Are All Smiles In Behind-The-Scenes Video For “Familiar Wife”

Familiar-Wife2.jpg

tvN’s “Familiar Wife” has released a behind-the-scenes video of the cast!

See Also: Ji Sung And Han Ji Min Go On Lovey-Dovey Library Date In "Familiar Wife" Stills

“Familiar Wife” is a fantasy romance drama that will explore the “what ifs” of life after the future of an ordinary couple changes due to one decision.

On July 24, the drama gave viewers a look at the cast filming on set.

Han Ji Min, who appears as Seo Woo Jin in the drama, said, “Since I was comfortable from the beginning, it felt like [my character] was someone I knew for a long time, and I could immerse myself in Woo Jin quickly. I think I filmed the first day of filming without it feeling like so.”

She had fun laughing with Ji Sung and the staff members, and even danced on set.

Ji Sung portrays Seo Woo Jin’s on-screen husband Cha Joo Hyuk. He said, “All of the actors and staff of ‘Familiar Wife’ are all bright and friendly. The atmosphere is really good.”

He filmed a scene where his character showed his cold personality, but laughed when he ran into the camera to the left of him.

Han Ji Min added, “I think teamwork with the co-star has the biggest effect. He makes me so comfortable, so I’m looking forward to our chemistry ahead.”

Familiar-Wife21.jpg

Kang Han Na plays the role of Lee Hye Won in the drama. She commented, “I felt young and fresh filming at a university. I gained lovely energy and am filming while also receiving Joo Hyuk’s love.”

Jang Seung Jo, who appears as Yoon Jong Hoo, began, “Everyone probably gets nervous on the first day of filming, right? Ji Sung made me really comfortable, so I had fun.”

The cast concluded, “We’re working hard and having fun filming from the warm spring days to the hot summer, so please look forward to this drama.”

As for the reason why viewers should watch their drama, Han Ji Min added with a laugh, “Ji Sung appears in it. I also appear in it.”

“Familiar Wife” will air its first episode on August 1 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki. Check out the behind-the-scenes video below!

On 7/12/2018 at 8:53 AM, jhjsw said:

Thanks for the link. Oh, JSJ was in Scholar Who Walks the Night? I love Lee Joon Gi but have not had the chance to watch this yet. Now I will since we have 2 fine actors in this drama. 

I am so excited for Ji Sung's new drama to start! I've missed him since the Innocent Defendant. Was waiting for  his movie release with Jo Seung Woo as co-star, but still no news about that. :( So I'm really glad he is doing this new drama.

Hi jhjsw, I read that JS is being praised for his performance in his upcoming film “Myung Dang” (literal title). He’s a great actor who always works extremely hard whatever project he's in. Whatever role he gets he just nails it. He always excels! Looking forward to watch the film.  Can't wait for September.  “Myung Dang” will premiere during the Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving) holiday. :lol:

• Like 2

Exclusive: “Familiar Wife” Cast Talks About Why They Chose The Drama, Dream Jobs, And Their Chemistry

Familiar-Wife-22-1.jpg

On July 25, the press conference was held for tvN’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “Familiar Wife.” Actors Ji Sung, Han Ji Min, Jang Seung Jo, and Kang Han Na were present, along with director Lee Sang Yeob and scriptwriter Yang Hee Seung.

Familiar-Wife-12.jpg

“Familiar Wife” is a romance drama that tells the story of how a single decision in life can make everything change in the future. In the drama, Ji Sung plays bank employee Cha Joo Hyuk, a very ordinary man who gets pushed around by his wife at home and his boss at work. Han Ji Min will star as his wife, Seo Woo Jin, who is a short-tempered working mom that is exhausted by work and family life.

Ji-Sung-Han-Ji-Min-2.jpg

The press conference started with the photo time, and cast members took turns going on stage for individual shots.

Han Ji Min then joined Ji Sung for couple photos. They showed their sweet chemistry by demonstrating the pose from the poster as requested by the MC, and then all the cast members posed together for group photos.

Ji-Sung-Han-Ji-Min2.jpg

Spoiler

During the interview session, the actors discussed why they chose to star in the drama, their chemistry, and their impressions of each other.

In response to the question on why they picked this drama, Ji Sung shared, “In my previous drama, my character was a bit dark, so I wanted to choose a brighter and more optimistic role this time. After reading the script, I was attracted to the plot as it tells a realistic story of an ordinary man that we may see in real life.”

He continued, “Honestly speaking, though I was interested in story, I refused to accept the offer at the beginning as I was worried if I could handle the role as a married man. However, after communicating with the production team and with their support, I felt more confidence in accepting this challenge.”

Ji-Sung3.jpg

Han Ji Min also shared the reason for selecting this drama as her first in three years. “In life, we have to make choices everyday, and I think all of us have at least once thought of the question like, ‘What if I had made a different decision at that time?’ or ‘What if I could go back to the past?’ The ‘what if’ concept that this drama is trying to portray resonated with me, and I believe that it will resonate with the audience as well.”

Kang Ha Na, who has been cast in the role of Cha Joo Hyuk’s first love from college in the drama, was asked about taking on this drama after recently being active in variety shows. Kang Ha Na explained that in “Running Man,” she showed more of a “chill” personality which is more like herself in real life, while in this drama, she tries to be more refined in order to fit with her character.

With the concept of “what if” being emphasized, the actors were asked about the occupations that they would be if they were not actors. Ji Sung first responded to the question by saying he would be a baseball player, revealing that his passion for the sport is very strong. Jang Seung Jo, the actor who will play the role of Ji Sung’s co-worker and friend Yoon Jong Hoo, answered, “Sometimes I do think about what I would have done if I wasn’t an actor, but I can never think of an answer. I am happy being an actor.”

The cast members then talked about the chemistry between them and their first impressions of each other. Ji Sung said, “Seung Jo and I have many things in common as we are both husbands and dads in real life.” Jang Seung Jo aadded that as Ji Sung are more experienced in both acting and in life, he has learned a lot from him, and he can always ask for his advice.

When talking about her impression of Ji Sung, Han Ji Min said, “In the past, I always hoped to collaborate with actor Ji Sung as he is a very experienced and good actor. However, after filming with him, I find that Ji Sung in real life is actually even more appealing to me because of how kind and caring of a person he is. I rely on him a lot, and he always make the filming atmosphere comfortable and bright.”

At the end, Kang Ha Na was asked to respond to the reports from earlier in the day on the controversy with her company Fantagio. She commented, “I am in conflict with Fantagio,” and concluded, “However, as this is a press conference for the drama and not for myself, it is difficult to go into detail. I will respond later on.”

“Familiar Wife” will premiere on August 1 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi jhjsw, I read that JS is being praised for his performance in his upcoming film “Myung Dang” (literal title). He’s a great actor who always works extremely hard whatever project he's in. Whatever role he gets he just nails it. He always excels! Looking forward to watch the film.  Can't wait for September.  “Myung Dang” will premiere during the Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving) holiday. :lol:

OMG! I can't wait for September! Drama in August and a movie in September. This is great! I've been waiting for him for more than a year now. 

• Like 1

*** Can’t wait for this next month. They look perfect in the picture. Look at his eyes – there’s sweetness in his eyes. HJM looks lovely. Their chemistry is natural as they look a real couple. It's their first time working together, but it seems like this is the 2nd time around. :lol:

“Familiar Wife” Reveals 1st Glimpse Of Han Ji Min And Ji Sung’s Wedding

Han-Ji-Min-Ji-Sung2.jpg

tvN’s upcoming drama “Familiar Wife” has unveiled a sneak peek of its romantic wedding scene!

See Also: Ji Sung And Jang Seung Jo Are Handsome Businessmen In Upcoming Drama "Familiar Wife"

On July 27, the drama released new stills of its two stars, Ji Sung and Han Ji Min, making a gorgeous couple at the altar. The actors show undeniable chemistry as a bride and groom, with Ji Sung looking adorably giddy as he gazes into Han Ji Min’s eyes.

Even though the wedding scene was the very first scene that Ji Sung and Han Ji Min filmed together for the drama, the two stars reportedly took no time at all to look effortlessly at ease with one another.

Ji Sung commented, “[Han Ji Min] is a warm actress who makes you smile just from looking at her. Because we had to become a married couple from our very first shoot, I was worried about whether we’d be able to portray [our characters’] closeness and intimacy, but we worked so well together that we were both relieved.”

Han Ji Min similarly remarked, “I think we understood each other very well from the first shoot. We had to film a wedding and a kiss scene from the very beginning of filming, but I think that we were able to capture a natural chemistry, so I’m looking forward to [the scene].”

Director Lee Sang Yeob added, “We expressed the subtleties of Ji Sung’s and Han Ji Min’s emotions, without missing a single gaze or breath.” He also praised the two actors’ remarkable chemistry, explaining, “Even though this is their first time working together on a production, they are showing surprising teamwork that makes it seems as though they’ve lived together for 10 years as they act out the lives of a realistic married couple.”

Ji-Sung4.jpg

“Familiar Wife” is a fantasy romance about a man who gets pushed around at home by his wife and pushed around at work by his boss. The drama premieres on August 1 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available with English subtitles on Viki.

LINK to watch the video : https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/26/familiar-wife-reveals-1st-glimpse-han-ji-min-ji-sungs-wedding/

• Like 1

5 Elements Of “Familiar Wife” That We Can’t Wait To See

Han-Ji-Min-Ji-Sung1.jpg

Brought to you by director Lee Sang Yeob of “Shopping King Louie” and writer Yang Hee Seung of “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo,” it’s safe to say that “Familiar Wife” is this Summer’s most anticipated drama.

Set to air on August 1, the drama stars Ji Sung and Han Ji Min, who respectively play the roles of Cha Joo Hyuk and Seo Woo Jin, a typical married couple whose lives suddenly change because of one critical decision.

A handful of romance and comedy as well as a pinch of suspense are expected to crown the intriguing plot. Albeit being fed with a few teasers, our curiosity about how the story goes is piqued with every reveal. So as we await the premiere, here are five things from “Familiar Wife” that we’re looking forward to!

Spoiler

1. Ji Sung’s captivating acting skills

Ji-Sung1-768x531.jpg

If you’re familiar with Ji Sung’s work, you know that the magnitude of his talent cannot simply be put into words. In fact, he is known to completely adapt to every project he works on to the point of becoming one with the part he plays.

Ji-Sung.gif

From epic personas to ordinary ones, Ji Sung always puts his own personal touch to his characters. It’s exciting to see him in the role of Cha Joo Hyuk, who is a true depiction of an average male citizen. He’s a naïve husband and bank manager who can’t catch a break at either position.

Ji-Sung-crying.gif

Ji Sung’s mindblowing ability to wholeheartedly convey any role he takes on is one of many reasons I’m personally looking forward to this drama. His dual portrayal of Cha Joo Hyuk is going to shake up the already puzzling plot, and the anticipation is definitely building our excitement to trail the development of the main character!

2. Han Ji Min’s small screen comeback

3. The intriguing characters

familiar-wife1.jpg

By looking at the poster above, Ji Sung seems to be a central turning point in the lives of Han Ji Min, Jang Seung Jo, and Kang Han Na. Seeing the duality of their characters makes me wonder about the cast’s synergy in both situations, and how their respective stories unfold.

In terms of secondary leads, Jang Seung Jo plays Cha Joo Hyuk’s friend and colleague Yoon Jong Hoo, while Kang Han Na plays Lee Hye Won, Cha Joo Hyuk’s old flame from his college days.

Ji-Sung-Jang-Seung-Jo-2-768x512.jpg

Yoon Jong Hoo’s delightful personality helps counterpart Cha Joo Hyuk’s soulless nature. These two hardworking employees indirectly boast about their entertaining bromance as they stick together through thick and thin during working hours. We have yet to know how his character precisely adds to the story, but I have a feeling he’ll most likely relieve whatever tension is surrounding the drama.

Similarly, little is revealed about Kang Han Na’s character Lee Hye Won, but so far, she is said to be the ideal type of all men. I, for once, am tempted to witness the possibility of a love triangle reveal between her and the main characters, which would definitely spice things up more than they already are!

4. The thought-provoking storyline

Situated between the past and the present, “Familiar Wife” depicts how a single choice can completely alter one’s course of life. Based on the “What if” concept, the story follows Cha Joo Hyuk who gets to a point where he asks the fateful question himself.

FW-Fast-Forward-Scene.gif

Because of the constant pressure he finds himself in, between his work and his wife, Cha Joo Hyuk takes a minute to consider the possibility of a “what if” moment that can perhaps bring some peace, which he so desperately lacks, back to his life. The decision he makes instantly puts him and the people around him through an unexpected change of events that restarts their respective lives.

“What if?” is a highly relatable question that each and every one of us find ourselves asking at least once in our lifetime. Although it’s more of a wishful thinking, it’s easy to push our imagination to draw a sketch of the possible aftermath in the case that our wishes could be granted. The fact that this drama is all about this concept is what makes it so appealing.

5. The evolution of the couple’s relationship

Throughout the captivating teasers, Ji Sung’s and Han Ji Min’s characters show an undeniable chemistry. Although the shots are revealed in a random order that look more like a mix of flashbacks and previews, we can still get a sense of how Cha Joo Huk and Seo Woo Jin’s love story came to be, and most importantly, how it started to fall through.

FW-Ji-Sung-Han-Ji-Min-Lovey-Dovey.gif

In the beginning of their relationship, Seo Woo Jin is a total sweetheart with a graceful and bubbly personality, while Cha Joo Hyuk is irresistibly in love with his girlfriend. Fast forward to present time, and the couple is having a hard time co-existing under one roof.

FW-Han-Jimin-yelling-at-Ji-Sung.gif

Judging from the stills, the main characters go through an inevitable roller coaster of emotions throughout their five years of marriage. I’m definitely excited to see if and how their couple survives the bumpy road in the future, but I’m mostly thrilled about the journey they go on that puts their relationship to the test.

Familiar-Wife-Ji-Sung-looking-for-Han-Ji

All of the above lets us question what the newly established future holds for Cha Joo Hyuk and Seo Woo Jin’s pairing, and how their lives are affected in the process. Overall, the amazing plot, the incredible cast, and the thrilling suspense surrounding the drama are surely keeping us on our toes, and the more we venture into the narrow but baffling details, the more we’re left with more head-scratching questions. I guess we’ll have to wait for the premiere to air to get the answers we’re so desperately looking for!

FW-Ji-Sung-and-Han-Ji-Min-apart.gif

What are you looking forward to the most in “Familiar Wife?”

Spoiler

• Like 1

Ji Sung And Han Ji Min Share Romantic First Kiss On “Familiar Wife”

Han-Ji-Min-Ji-Sung3.jpg

tvN’s upcoming drama “Familiar Wife” has revealed a glimpse of Ji Sung and Han Ji Min’s romantic first kiss!

See Also: 5 Elements Of "Familiar Wife" That We Can't Wait To See

“Familiar Wife” is a love story about how one decision can change a person’s destiny forever. The sentimental yet relatable romantic comedy stars Ji Sung as Cha Joo Hyuk, a man who gets pushed around by his wife at home and pushed around by his boss at work, and Han Ji Min as Seo Woo Jin, a weary working mother and Cha Joo Hyuk’s wife of five years.

On July 31, the drama unveiled stills of Cha Joo Hyuk and Seo Woo Jin in the early stages of their romance, years before they became the all-too-realistic married couple they are today. The photos show the two young lovers sharing their first kiss on a deserted street at night and gazing affectionately into each other’s eyes.

The producers of “Familiar Wife” commented, “Ji Sung and Han Ji Min are actors that need no explanation. They will capture viewers’ hearts with their synergy, which exceeded all expectations.”

They added, “Ji Sung and Han Ji Min are currently acting with a focus on relatability. The two actors’ detailed and meticulous acting will deliver both refreshing laughs and plenty of heartwarming emotion, so please look forward to it.”

Familiar-Wife3.jpg

“Familiar Wife,” which premieres on August 1, will take over the time slot previously occupied by “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” at 9:30 p.m. KST. The drama will be available with English subtitles on Viki.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

Han Ji Min On Why Working With Ji Sung Is Better Than Working With An Attractive, Single Man

Ji-Sung-Han-Ji-Min.jpg

On August 1, stars Ji Sung, Han Ji Min, Jang Seung Jo, and Kang Han Na of the new Wednesday-Thursday tvN drama “Familiar Wife” held a V Live broadcast.

See Also: 5 Elements Of "Familiar Wife" That We Can't Wait To See

Ji Sung, who plays the character Cha Joo Hyuk in the drama, said, “I always wanted to work with Han Ji Min. I think we’ll be a good match. There are a lot of attractive, single actors out there, so I’m sorry I’m a married man.”

Han Ji Min replied, saying she might not have done the drama if not for Ji Sung. “Ji Sung is definitely an actor that a lot of women want to work with. If Cha Joo Hyuk wasn’t being played by Ji Sung, I would’ve had to think more about doing this drama. He’s always present on set, so it’s very reassuring, and he was very approachable from day one. Actors that are single are more shy, so [Ji Sung being married] was actually more comfortable for me.”

“Familiar Wife” is a about a couple whose lives completely change after one fateful decision, and airs its first episode on August 1.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

“Familiar Wife” Premieres With Solid Viewership Ratings

Familiar-Wife1.jpg

The new tvN drama “Familiar Wife” is off to a promising start!

See Also: Han Ji Min On Why Working With Ji Sung Is Better Than Working With An Attractive, Single Man

After the premiere of the first episode of “Familiar Wife,” the drama was able to bring in an average viewership ratings of 4.7 percent nationwide, with a peak of 6.0 percent, according to Nielsen Korea.

Among those in tvN’s target audience of people aged 20 to 49, the drama achieved an average of 3.1 percent and peaked at 3.9 percent. These were the highest ratings among dramas airing at the same time.

“Familiar Wife” is a love story about how one decision can change a person’s destiny forever. The sentimental yet relatable romantic comedy stars Ji Sung as Cha Joo Hyuk, a man who gets pushed around by his wife at home and pushed around by his boss at work, and Han Ji Min as Seo Woo Jin, a weary working mother and Cha Joo Hyuk’s wife of five years.

The first broadcast of “Familiar Wife” explored the chaotic, but realistic relationship between the couple. The two spend each day as if in battle, constantly bickering and, for Woo Jin, exploding in rage. They portray the image of a real-life couple who are too busy to look back at each other due to the harsh realities of life.

Things begin to change as Joo Hyuk by chance meets his first love from his college days, Hye Won (Kang Han Na), while he handing fliers for his job as a bank teller. During their meeting, Hye Won utters the life-changing words, “I used to like you, remember?” Joo Hyuk begins to look back on his life from that time, and remembers that he had been on his way to meet Hye Won on the bus, but came to start a relationship with Woo Jin due to his fateful decision of protecting her from sexual harassment. That decision eventually led him to his marriage with Woo Jin.

Strange things begins to happen to Joo Hyuk, an average guy. After helping out an unknown man on the subway, he hands Joo Hyuk two coins. He takes a different route back home, and uses the coins he received from the man to go through the tollgate.

Suddenly, he opens his eyes to wake up in his room from his college days, with his younger sibling Ju Eun (Park Hee Bon) nagging at him, just as she had 12 years ago. When he checks the calendar, it reads “June 2006.”

“Familiar Wife” will take over the time slot previously occupied by “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” at 9:30 p.m. KST. The drama will be available with English subtitles on Viki. Check out the premiere of “Familiar Wife” below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

On 7/26/2018 at 5:26 PM, jhjsw said:

OMG! I can't wait for September! Drama in August and a movie in September. This is great! I've been waiting for him for more than a year now. 

Hi jhjsw, JS drama is currently airing. I like Han Ji Min, too. Hopefully, its plot will work well. And it sounds like a perfect rom-com. JS looks so fine in the drama. I’ve enjoyed all of Ji Sung’s works, anyway. :lol:

• Like 1

Ji Sung, VIXX’s N, Jang Seung Jo, And More Portray Realistic Work Life In “Familiar Wife”

Ji-Sung-VIXX-N-Jang-Seung-Jo.jpg

The realistic characters of tvN’s “Familiar Wife” add more entertainment to the interesting plot.

Cha Bong Hee (Son Jong Hak), the branch manager of the bank who always maintains a high-tension personality, is the master of dad jokes. His employees master their own reactions to play along with him. He is a rather adorable man who once got mad when everyone else drank iced coffee without him, but quickly forgave them when Cha Joo Hyuk (Ji Sung) gave up his iced coffee for him.

Contrary to the easy-going Cha Bong Hee, team leader Byun Sang Woo (Park Won Sang) is all about making progress and watches his subordinates like a hawk. He also has the charm of showing slapstick comedy when he is in gratitude. Team leader Jang Man Ok (Kim Soo Jin), who once used her smiling face to take earrings from her subordinate, portrays the nasty side of bosses and allows viewers to empathize with the subordinates.

Familiar-Wife3.jpg

VIXX’s N plays the shameless and stubborn newbie Kim Hwan who always causes messes and never apologizes for them. He’s always so bold and brave because he’s from a wealthy family. Joo Hyang Sook (Kim So Ra) and Choi Hye Jung (Gong Min Jung) are tactful around their superiors, yet use their sly charms to ask Cha Joo Hyuk to buy them coffee, making him use up his weekly allowance.

Cha Joo Hyuk’s one and only light in his hectic work life is his powerful supporter Yoon Jong Hoo (Jang Seung Jo). In the first episode, Yoon Jong Hoo secretly places a box on his desk and even shows all kinds of bad acting in front of the audit team to prevent him from being late. When Cha Joo Hyuk is depressed, Yoon Jong Hoo jokes around to lift up his mood, and he always listens to Cha Joo Hyuk vent about his life after work.

With realistic characters many can easily find in their own lives, the office life is another key point in “Familiar Wife.”

The third episode will air on August 8 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Check out the first episode below:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

On 7/12/2018 at 8:53 AM, jhjsw said:

Thanks for the link. Oh, JSJ was in Scholar Who Walks the Night? I love Lee Joon Gi but have not had the chance to watch this yet. Now I will since we have 2 fine actors in this drama. 

I am so excited for Ji Sung's new drama to start! I've missed him since the Innocent Defendant. Was waiting for  his movie release with Jo Seung Woo as co-star, but still no news about that. :( So I'm really glad he is doing this new drama.

jhjsw, his drama has premiered exclusively on tvN in Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia last August 2 (Every Thursday and Friday) at 21:45 and at 20:45. The drama has English, Chinese, Bahasa Malaysia and Bahasa Indonesia subtitles. The drama is off to a strong start after dominating viewership ratings by its first episode. And I'm happy for JS.  The chemistry between JS & HJM caught my attention. It is beyond my expectations. They have perfect romance chemistryJi-Sung is well-known for his down-to-earth and versatile acting. It makes the character even more convincing, though. :lol:

tvN is available in the channels listed below:

Singapore:
新電信電視 Singtel TV Channel 518 (HD) / Channel 619 (HD)
星和視界 StarHub TV Channel 824 (HD)

Malaysia:
Astro Channel 395 (HD) / Astro GO

unifi tv Channel 211 (HD) / unifi playtv app

Indonesia:
Big TV Channel 262 (HD)

First Media Channel 339 (HD)

K-Vision Channel 26

My Republic Channel 46 (HD)

Transvision Channel 321 (HD)

Tribe (available download on Android & iOS) (HD)

Useetv Channel 516 (SD) and Channel 955 (HD)

Website                                 :               tvNAsia.net
Facebook                                               :               @Ch.tvNAsia
Instagram                                              :               @tvN.Asia
Twitter                                  :               @tvN_Asia
Youtube                                                :              
https://www.youtube.com/c/tvNAsiaOfficial

Official Hashtags                   :               #tvNAsia #WhereFunTakesOff #FamiliarWife

• Like 1

Ji Sung Meets A Completely Different Version Of Han Ji Min After Tampering With Fate In “Familiar Wife”

55f8a3889e96473eb6641e9db1a47fda.jpeg?s=

You never know how things will turn out in tvN’s “Familiar Wife”!

The drama recently dropped intriguing stills of Ji Sung and Han Ji Min.

The two actors respectively portray Cha Joo Hyuk and Seo Woo Jin, a five-year married couple. Cha Joo Hyuk fatefully gains the ability to change the past, and decides to make a different choice on the first day he met his wife Han Ji Min.

As shown in the previous broadcast, his decision caused his reality to change, and Cha Joo Hyuk found himself married to his first love Lee Hye Won (Kang Han Na).

The new stills reveal Cha Joo Hyuk and Seo Woo Jin’s tense “first meeting” in this new reality of his.

Cha Joo Hyuk is shocked at the sight of Seo Woo Jin, who appears at his bank with a changed appearance. Looking like a goddess and overflowing with charisma, Seo Woo Jin stares Cha Joo Hyuk down while aiming what appears to be a gun towards him. As she approaches him and he slowly backs away, they share curious glances. It is not revealed if the situation is just a part of a dream or not.

Ji-Sung-Han-Ji-Min3.jpg

The production team shared, “Joo Hyuk and Woo Jin’s first meeting after their lives changed will play out in an interesting manner.

People will experience a different kind of thrill and be able to relate to the relationship between Joo Hyuk, who has retained his memory, and Woo Jin, who has been changed by fate.”

“Familiar Wife” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 p.m. KST. Catch up with the latest episode below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

"Familiar Wife" Ji Sung and Han Ji-min's Changed Present

photo993161.jpg

On the upcoming episode of the tvN drama "Familiar Wife", Cha Joo-hyeok (Ji Sung) and Seo Woo-jin (Han Ji-min) met in a different present reality.

They were madly in love, but they were exhausted by the tough reality of life of being married for 5 years. Joo-hyeok got an opportunity to change the past and he travelled to the day he met Woo-jin for the first time. He made a different choice and their present changed. Joo-hyeok had married his first love Hye-won (Kang Han-na) and Woo-jin, who was balancing work and childcare, appeared healthy and energetic.

In the picture, Joo-hyeok and Woo-jin's first encounter is filled with tension. Joo-hyeok's mind shook at the beautiful sight of Woo-jin at the bank. Woo-jin looks mesmerizing and she's pointing a 'gun' at him with charisma. She steps forward and he steps backward.

On the third episode that's coming up on the 8th, Joo-hyeok and Woo-jin live completely different lives. They know each other, but not in the same way.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

Translation : Hancinema

'Familiar Wife' makes strong debut on weekly TV ratings chart

By Woo Jae-yeon

SEOUL, Aug. 8 (Yonhap) -- New fantasy romance "Familiar Wife" on cable channel tvN made a strong debut on the weekly TV chart, taking the No. 4 spot in its first week on air, data showed Wednesday.

Featuring Ji Sung and Han Ji-in as a couple, the new series, which premiered on Aug. 1, recorded a score of 242.4 on the weekly Content Power Index (CPI) for July 30-Aug. 5.

The show revolves around the over-familiar couple who've been married for five years after years of dating.

Actor Han plays tough married woman Woo-jin, who has to juggle work, childrearing and taking care of her Alzheimer's-afflicted mother while Ji Sung plays the pathetic, henpecked husband. Suffering from a strained marriage, they start to wonder what might have been if they hadn't chosen each other.

The Wednesday-Thursday shows received 4.7 and 5.5 percent in viewership ratings for its first and second episode, respectively.

Meanwhile, the top spot went to cable music channel Mnet's new idol competition show, "Produce 48, which garnered a score of 284.4. "Mr. Sunshine," starring A-list actor Lee Byung-hun, came in second with 274.8, followed by "Life On Mars," the Korean version of the British TV show with the same name, with 246.9.

The CPI, created by CJ E&M and Nielsen Korea, measures the level of popularity, social media trending and influence on consumer behavior of entertainment TV programs aired on three major terrestrial networks -- MBC, SBS and KBS -- and seven cable channels owned by CJ E&M, including tvN, Mnet and OCN, during prime time. JTBC, another cable network that airs some highly popular entertainment shows and dramas, is not included in the measurement.

AEN20180808010200315_01_i.jpg

A poster for "Familiar Wife" provided by tvN (Yonhap)

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

(END)

credit : Yonhap News