❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

*** "Doctor John" was on Netflix over the last few months - I actually watched this drama while it was airing but did not complete the run since I lacked time. But, I also bought a DVD copy for my collection & can watch the drama anytime I want to. I had picked it up again for 2x. This is an informative medical drama on pain management and assisted death. I love medical dramas.  Here I liked how the team of anaesthetists gradually banded together to provide the most appropriate care for their patients. Love the drama!  :wow1:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, willenette said:

*** "Doctor John" was on Netflix over the last few months - I actually watched this drama while it was airing but did not complete the run since I lacked time. But, I also bought a DVD copy for my collection & can watch the drama anytime I want to. I had picked it up again for 2x. This is an informative medical drama on pain management and assisted death. I love medical dramas.  Here I liked how the team of anaesthetists gradually banded together to provide the most appropriate care for their patients. Love the drama!  :wow1:

Doctor John is now one of my top 3 dramas of all time! Really love it. 

• Love 1

• Guest changed the title to ❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 [Upcoming drama : devil judge]

*** "Devilish Judge" has been in the works for a long time. Finally................ they got a network under tvN. That's reassuring! I've been missing JS since "Doctor John". He's a versatile actor! He received (2) Daesangs already, which is about to tell you about this man's talents. Can't wait to see JS soon .   :emmm:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

*** Jang Young-nam will star in the upcoming tvN series "The Devil’s Justice."  She has been roped in to breathe life into Justice Minister Cha Kyung-hee. The Devil’s Justice, also known as "Devil Judge", is slated for broadcast during the second half of the year.  :star:

source : https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202102171584H

• Like 1

21 hours ago, willenette said:

*** Jang Young-nam will star in the upcoming tvN series "The Devil’s Justice."  She has been roped in to breathe life into Justice Minister Cha Kyung-hee. The Devil’s Justice, also known as "Devil Judge", is slated for broadcast during the second half of the year.  :star:

source : https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202102171584H

I am so looking forward to this new drama!! :)

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

*** Glad that JS had completed his military service earlier. :smile:

*********************************************************************************

12 K-Drama Actors Who Fulfilled Military Duties Early In Their Acting Careers

If you’re an avid K-drama viewer and have garnered a lot of actors on the bias list, it can be pretty painful when they get to the point in their career when duty calls and they have to go to the military. It’s happened to a lot of us and it’s never fun having to wait 18 months (previously two years). There have been a fair share of Hallyu stars who have completed their military duties earlier on in their careers or even before they debuted, which helps in making things a little less painful for fans. It’s great not having to dread the inevitable military duty responsibilities, and you can just continue to look forward to their next project. Here are 12 of those actors who completed their service early in their careers or before they even debuted!

Ji Sung

ji-sung.jpeg

Ji Sung debuted in the drama “KAIST.” At the time, the screenwriter ended up writing in a whole new character for him because she was intrigued by his talent. He played in minor roles until his big breakthrough in 2003 when he was cast alongside Lee Byung Hun and Song Hye Kyo in the series “All In.” He continued to star in some successful dramas until he enlisted in the military in June of 2005. He was discharged on June 6, 2007. It was unfortunate that he had to take a hiatus from his acting career, but it took no time at all for him to get into the groove of things, and he has been a successful actor ever since.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

[HanCinema's News] 10 Time Travel K-Dramas That Will Blow Your Mind

Time travel is a common genre in the world of Korean dramas but it is very rare that this concept is dealt with in a manner that doesn't look like a caricature of science-fiction. Most of the time, K-Dramas hit the right spot when it comes to time travel but in extraordinary cases, they can blow your mind.

"Familiar Wife"

photo1308874.jpg

A man frustrated in his marriage, struggling financially and emotionally, travels back in time and wakes up in a totally unfamiliar situation, married to his first love from his college days. Everything looks ideal at first but soon, things start to change. This drama is definitely worth watching with your family to learn to cherish what you have.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Hancinema

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-10-time-travel-k-dramas-that-will-blow-your-mind-149589.html

• 1 month later...

“I Am Not A Robot,” “Kill Me Heal Me,” “The Moon Embracing The Sun,” And More Now Free On Viki In Southeast Asia!

“I Am Not A Robot,” “Kill Me Heal Me,” “The Moon Embracing The Sun,” And More Now Free On Viki In Southeast Asia!

Eight more dramas are now available for free on Viki in Southeast Asia!

The Moon Embracing the Sun,You Are My Destiny,” “Shopaholic Louis,” “My Secret Terrius,” Kill Me Heal Me,”Splash Splash Love,” “I Am Not a Robot,” and “Come and Hug Me” can now be watched for free in Southeast Asia, joining the already diverse lineup of available dramas.

soompi-collage-900x600-april2021.jpg

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

[HanCinema's News] Top 10 Korean Dramas With the Best OSTs

OSTs are an important part of any narrative, be it films, dramas or otherwise. Contributing majorly to the immersion of any story, OSTs help us associate music to feelings and emotions and also signal certain situations that are to come. K-Dramas are no exception. Korean drama OSTs deserve to be a genre of their own with how beautifully they're suited to the exact emotions being portrayed on screen. Here are 10 K-Dramas with the best OSTs!

"Kill Me, Heal Me"

photo1330178.jpg

"Kill Me, Heal Me" has one of the most hair-raisingly energetic OSTs out of all those mentioned on this list. As the subject matter of the drama itself is an ever-changing narrative, sometimes quite literally so, it definitely called for the OST to keep up with the pace and so it did! "Auditory Hallucinations" by Jang Jae-in is easily one of the best OSTs of all time.

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

***Kim Jae Kyung has been cast in the upcoming tvN drama “The Devil Judge”! She will be playing the role of Oh Jin Joo, an associate judge at the trial court. “The Devil Judge” is set to air in the second half of this year - 2021. Ohhh...........why little or no news about this drama, huh?  And I'm not really so familiar with her, haven't watched any of her dramas......  Although, she's pretty.  :cutekitty:

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=117&aid=0003494993

• Like 1

16 hours ago, willenette said:

*** The script-reading took place yesterday, May 18. Major cast members gathered together. It will air in July.  :heart3:

"The Devil Judge" Script Reading

photo1335936.jpg

photos source : Hancinema

So excited and can't wait!

• Love 1

On 5/20/2021 at 7:44 AM, sunny88 said:

So excited and can't wait!

@sunny88, I'm excited, too since it's basically the JS show. Wahhh....here in the drama he won't be a romantic one. It's been quite a while not seeing him on the screen. This also adds up to my excitement. I hope he and Kim Min Jung will have this electrifying chemistry together on screen. I'm checking this out without a doubt. :blush:

• Like 1

*** "The Devil Judge" has released its first teaser poster. The teaser poster previews the court setup where the “live” justice-seeking will take place. Devil judge Kang Yo-han, played by Ji Sung, is standing in the middle of the court. He will decide on a criminal’s punishment with the help of a live audience and those who are watching from their screens. At the bottom of the poster is a text that reads, “Fellow citizens! Now, your court will commence.”  "The Devil Judge" is

scheduled to begin airing this July.    :hypehype:

The-Devil-Judge-teaser-poster.jpg

source : http://m.slist.kr/news/ampArticleView.html?idxno=252632

*** Ahhh............tvN has shared another teaser of Ji Sung in the upcoming drama “The Devil Judge”! The new teaser begins with Ji Sung showing his gaze as he puts on flashy judges’ robes. The drama premieres on July 3 at 9 p.m. KST.  This looks amazing. Can't wait to watch this. He's perfect for the role. I’ve been waiting for a new drama from him!  :luvarrow: 

0000912843_001_20210528145104254.jpg?type=w540

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000912843

*** On May 28, JS character poster was released wherein he can be seen holding a long hammer as he looks sharply at the camera, his back facing us. The scale of justice standing tall behind him. The poster has dominance of magenta, black, blue and purple colors painting the screen. The atmosphere looks devilish, as the

title of the show suggests.  Is the judge Kang Yo Han (Ji Sung) a hero of the people, or a devil who wears the

mask of the law?  "The Devil Judge" premieres on July 3 at 9 p.m. KST.    :sweating:  

ji_sung_the_devil_judge_poster_main_1.jp

poster source : pinkvilla

*** tvN has a lot of dramas for both  domestic and international viewers to look forward to this year.  :crazily:

The tvN dramas you should look out for, when they air in the later half of this year (2021)

Expected to receive a huge wave of popularity from all over the world, tvN is releasing new drama series to look forward to, in the later half of this year, 2021. 

In the previous year, tvN drama series 'Crash Landing On You' and 'It's Okay Not To Be Okay' captivated many viewers with their comical twists, unique and charming characters, and heart-wrenching romance storylines. Specifically, 'Crash Landing On You' became the 6th most popular Netflix show internationally, and 'It's Okay Not To Be Okay' was ranked the '10th best international TV show' according to New York Times. The recently completed drama 'Vincenzo' continued this K-drama wave with its immense popularity. 

In the later half of 2021, these are some of the tvN dramas to look out for:

3. 'The Devil Judge'

1622601270-devil-poster.jpg

Starring actor Ji Sung, actress Kim Min JungGOT7's Jinyoung, and Park Gyu Young, 'The Devil Judge' is about a judge named Kang Yo Han (played by Ji Sung) who punishes the evil with a live courtroom show that the entire nation participates in. Here, he will use the law to punish them mercilessly. The high quality acting of the lead actors, the variety to the characters' stories, and their interactions with each other will likely add to the drama's interesting plot. The drama series will reportedly air its first episode on July 3, at 9PM KST.

(skipped unrelated.....)P

source : allkpop

*** Such a strong lineup from tvN to look forward to. Too many great dramas from them this year. All dramas in the list are so promising. This cable network is dominating the K-drama world. tvN has always been such a powerhouse

network..WELL, the network has more subscribers in SK. Daebak!  :twerk2:

tvN Shares Detailed Drama Lineup For 2nd Half Of 2021

tvN has released their drama lineup for the remainder of 2021!

202106021126039897_d_20210602112903324.j

Coming up on tvN is “Hospital Playlist 2” on June 17 and “Voice 4” on June 18. Scheduled for July are “The Devil Judgeand “You Are My Spring” (literal title). Upcoming shows without premiere dates include “The Tragedy of One,” “Seashore Village ChaChaCha” (literal title), “High Class,” “Yumi’s Cells” (literal title), “Cliffhanger,” “The Secret Royal Inspector and Jo Yi” (literal title), and “Bulgasal” (literal title).

“The Devil Judge” is set in an imaginary dystopian Korea and aims to share a message about justice through a live broadcast courtroom show in which the entire nation participates in a trial. The drama stars Ji Sung as Kang Yo Han, a head trial judge who wears legal robes in order to hunt down villains.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=052&aid=0001595870

• Like 1

*** Ji Sung showed his support to his wife Lee Bo Young by sending her a lunch and snack truck. Yesterday, June 6 Lee Bo Young's staff shared photos on Instagram with a caption - "Ji Sung sent us a lunch truck as well as snack truck to the filming site of 'Mine'. They were sent to show his support to Lee Bo Young. Thank you so much, hyung!"  Lee Bo Young posed in front of a lunch and snack truck. On the lunch truck, Ji Sung wrote, "Hey, everybody! Make sure to take great care of yourselves until the end of it. Keep it up! From Ji Sung."  Then on the snack truck,  he wrote, "To Lee Bo Young, the most beautiful actress in the world. And to all staff working hard for the drama. Thank you for giving your love and taking care of my lovely Bo Young. From Ji Sung."  :heart3:

201558480_1280.jpg

201558481_1280.jpg

201558482_1280.jpg

(Credit : SBS Entertainment News)