Anime/Comic/Game Conventions of 2012!

Guest Sereny

Guest Sereny

What conventions have you been to, or looking forward this year?

FanExpo Vancouver last month was a BLAST! I'm so excited for Anime Revolution now, since it'll be in the convention center too. That place was AMAZING, even though it was a little crowded... and the registration, don't get me started lol. Didn't get anything signed, the cost was out of my league for the ones who interested me lol...

Besides AR, I'm looking forward to J-Fest, Summerfest, RenFest, and C&E this summer! I'm not sure if I'll be attending all days for all of them(Summerfest takes place on one day of RenFest), but I'm planning to go at least one day of RenFest, and C&E, so I'm gonna pay by the door. Paid in advance for AR because the prices were so much cheaper compared to their door price - I'm expecting it to be big with the price and all the guests that they have coming in.

How about you guys? Which cons have you gone to this year & how were they? Cons that you're looking forward to? Favourite moments? Anticipated favourite moments?

Guest cosmoze

I'm going to Anime Revolution as my first convention ever, so I'm expecting big things lol. Dunno what to cosplay yet but things are so much easier in the Summer when you don't have to worry as much. Maybe as Sailor Moon for the Sailor Moon panel? ;)

cosmoze - Can't go wrong with Sailor Moon. ^_^ The key is to find the perfect wig!

I went to this year's Kawaii Kon. It's pretty much the same as the last year except the registration lines are getting longer and longer each time because of the increase in attendees. @_@ I don't really have a favorite moment, but I go solely for the cosplays and to cosplay. :D Mmm, but there aren't a huge amount of pro cosplays in Hawaii. Don't get me wrong, there are really pro ones, but not as many to look at as other conventions. My dream anime convention to go to is Anime Expo. :o

Guest FluffyBunnyPwn

I don't go to anime conventions and whatnot, but I always keep track and follow them. Two of my most anticipated are of course E3 2012 because of video game announcements and Anime Boston because I'm always expecting Monty Oum to show something special there. 

Guest shinigamix

Heyyy I was at Fan Expo too! It was awesome. Anime Revolution will be my 3rd Vancouver con! 

and Peace_UP, omg you were at Kawaii con...in Hawaii~ so nice! I agree...I really go to look at wonderful cosplayers! I have yet to go to a very large con though so I think Anime revolution will be the biggest anime con I go to (as Fan Expo was a comic con~)

Ya I like to keep tabs on E3 too....all the games....really hoping from some titles ><

Guest loverock

Yes! as a matter of fact, me and my friends at school are going to Anime Revolution! I can't wait! :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest angeliceternity

Oh wow that sounds like a fun summer, for sure I'll be going to Anime Revolution since it's down in downtown, there's gonna be a lot of entertainment! 

• 1 month later...
Guest Sereny

Wow, so many people here do attend anime conventions ^^ I mean, from the number of attendees it'ss pretty obvious.. but it's one thing seeing the #s and another to actually heard peoples' experiences. It makes me so much more excited for AR, which will hopefully be bigger than Summerfest(Nothing against it, I like it as a small con) and maybe even one day be Canada's biggest con? I don't know, but with only one day till pass pick up...

You can bet I'm excited.

And my cosplays aren't done. QQ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest suumpii

Don't know if it's fine to bump up old topics~ but I plan on attending many cons this year! Now cosplays are a different story..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I will be on the AnimagiC convention in Germany. I applied there to work as a helper and finally got a letter of acceptance. I'm so excited since it's my first convention i visit. :D Its dated 26-28 July

Archived