[Drama 2012/13] Horse Doctor 마의 馬醫 马医

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest liamandniall4ever

Hi guys! I've been a silent reader on this thread for a while. And if I'm not mistaken, this would be my first time to post on this thread. :)

Maybe some of you guys have already know but still, I wanted to share it to you. I just don't know in other categories but Jo Seung Woo and Lee Yo Won are both nominated for 49th Baeksang Awards 2013 Most Popular Actor/Actress.

Check the it out here: 49th Baeksang Arts Awards 2013 Nominees for Most Popular Actor and Actress

I was waiting for this drama to end and after watching all 50 episodes, I must express my opinion here.

I can see many who said that this drama was dull and repetitive but I did not get that feeling at all. Actually, for me it is quite the contrary. I must agree with those who said that there are many similarties to Dae Jang Geum (which is my all time favorite) and that there were some unnecessary scenes but for whatever reason it didn't disturb me and it didn't spoil my watching. I didn't try to guess what's going to happen next, I didn't try to find faults, I didn't try to make comparisons to other dramas... I just let it take me on a long journey. Maybe it's because I didn't have high expectations to begin with.
To me, this drama was really enjoyable. It's the kind of dramas that force the viewer love the main characters no matter what. It can make you admire the lead for all the difficulties he has been through and for all that he has done to overcome it. So it really leaves you with no other choice but to love the main characters. I really love those kind of inspirational storylines that draws you into the characters and make you wish for their success and happiness.

First of all, must mention the OST. I thought all the songs and BGM were amazing. The songs fitted perfectly and each BGM that was playing in a scene really added to my experience as a viewer. I liked the main OTP casting (Cho Seung Woo and Lee Yo Won). I thought they had a perfect chemistry and they are both very, very good actors . And I must say that Kim So Eun acting was a pleasent surprise. She has a brilliant future ahead of her.
There's much medicinal information and knowledge and while watching this drama I learned quite a lot about korean history and about surgeries used in those days. It always amazes me how people were ignorant and how despite everything the medicine has progressed since then. I liked how the ending was wrapped up. I loved the fact that everyone got what they deserved be it the bad or the good. I wish they had showed us one more scene with the OTP together just before the ending. But all in all, the ending was good. Not much angst or unnecessary sadness just showing us that no matter where thay are, they are fulfilling their dreams: curing people and animals. Just as Kang Ji Nyung said: "He's doing what he does best, what makes him happiest."

Guest loveitall

liamandniall4ever

said:

Hi guys! I've been a silent reader on this thread for a while. And if I'm not mistaken, this would be my first time to post on this thread. :)

Maybe some of you guys have already know but still, I wanted to share it to you. I just don't know in other categories but Jo Seung Woo and Lee Yo Won are both nominated for 49th Baeksang Awards 2013 Most Popular Actor/Actress.

Check the it out here: 49th Baeksang Arts Awards 2013 Nominees for Most Popular Actor and Actress

loveitall said:

49th Baeksang Awards 2013 Most Popular TV Actress Nominees

Missing In Action: How surprising that they snub big stas namely Shin Min Ah in The Arang and The Magistrate and Lee Yo Won in Horse Doctor! 
Indeed. She's included in the 

49th Baeksang Awards 2013 Most Popular Movie Actress

for her role in the movie "Suspect X" though. 

Guest loveitall

I think she still deserved to be in the list & is worthy of it because in spite of how weak her character was, she managed to attract the viewers attention through her strong acting & helped made HD drama at least an enjoyable one to watch. I share the same sentiments that HD was a waste for Lee Yowon's time & ability, but with what she had shown & how the audience were charmed, she deserved to be included in acting & popularity award, IMO. 
For MBC to include HD in the drama award when the drama was not even yet halfway was the most unlogical thing I've ever seen in Korean drama land.

@rrmski I share the same opinion. :-)  It has a lot of the Dae Jang Geum vibe. And I loved it! Though, Horse Doctor had a slightly different feel but it was all worth my hours. I downloaded all episodes and I always watch them... :)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest loveitall

nikachan2008 said:

Horse Doctor is broadcast right now in Japan NHK BS Premium Channel & this is 
Director 
Lee Byung Hoon Interview.. 
20120929103905000.jpgLee Byung-Hoon (director)-01.jpg
photo source: asianwiki

What's your impression of LYW?

In the drama, I also wanted to show how a male veterinarian from a lowly status who became a top doctor meet & compete with a wealthy & top female doctor who studied medicine properly. However, in the middle part of the drama BGH became very excellent that the competition became unclear on the way. The intention originally was for the two to compete each other to the end. That's why it was necessary to choose a heroine which was a strong, wise & an intelligent woman with a beautiful image. As you know, LYW played a role of a doctor in "Surgeon Bong Dal Hee" about four years ago. The acting was solid. She was able to to play the role of a surgeon extremely well & was very popular in Korea. Seeing that I thought LYW could perform the part of a wise & strong female doctor perfectly & so I had chosen her. But what I was concerned about was she played the title role in the Korean drama Queen Seondeok. Because the drama gained a great success in Korea I thought whether she who had already done the title role of a drama would take on the offer. Although LYW's role in HD is a heroine, however BGH was the actual hero so I was anxious whether she would take on the role because it was centered on a male protagonist. Surprisingly she accepted it & I was happy. It was fortunate we could cast her saying "I decided to do this drama because I believe Director Lee would certainly make me shine" 

Source: 
http://navicon.jp/news/20955/

Sorry, I could only translate LYW's part.. 

Archived