Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

In some angles, Jo Jung Suk resembles TVXQ's Jung Yun Ho quite a bit from what I see. Jo Jung Suk nonetheless is handsome in a unique way. To be honest, I love his somewhat chubby cheeks! :P

Everyone. I just saw "The Face Reader" today. It was only shown at one theater (with English subtitles) which was like 1 hour away from where I live, but I finally had time to go today. I just got home. And all I have to say is... wow. Wow. That movie was simply amazing. I don't know if I can put it into words right now.

I can say that all of the actors in the movie acted so well. Every single role in the movie was done amazingly well. I can see why so many people in Korea have gone to seen this movie... it's just amazing. The movie started off with humor and it slowly transitioned into a serious type of plot, and then as the movie ended it was just so sad, so heart-wrenching I was just in tears in the end. 

I need... need to talk about the parts of the movie that had the largest impressions on me. So here we go...

SPOILER ALERT FOR THE MOVIE, UNDER THE SPOILER. DON'T CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN THE MOVIE:

Spoiler

Character list [so you know when I explain it below]: Nae Kyung (actor: Song Kang Ho), Sooyang (actor: Lee Jung Jae), Yeon Hong (actress: Kim Hye Soo), Kim Jong Seo (actor: Baek Yoon Sik), Paeng Hun (actor: Jo Jung Suk), Jin Hyeong (Lee Jong-Suk), Han Myung Hoi (Kim Ui Sung), Crown Prince (Chae Sang-Woo).

The movie started off some humor with Nae Kyung, Paeng Hun (NK's brother-in-law), and Jin Hyeong (NK's son) living together in the country side. Nae Kyung is basically a 'face reader', meaning he's able to look at the facial features of a person and can tell what they've done in the past, and also predict what will happen to that person in the future. Yeong Hong, who's a fellow face reader comes by to ask NK to work for her (she shows off her body to "affect" him, which is pretty funny lol). NK's son aspires to be a government official. Long story short, NK's son leaves countryside to train to become a government official, and NK (with his brother-in-law) goes to become a face-reader in that area.

It's funny on the first night there, YH goes and brings girls and drinks to NK and PH. It's funny because they do this hilarious dance as they both flirt with the women (you've probably seen the BTS of this dance online lol, I'm sure JJS had fun with that). The next day, they wake up from drinking so much last night...  and Paeng Hun wakes up in a women's hanbok. (Yes, JJS in a women's hanbok is hilarious LOL!) He gets offended when he can't remember much of last night so he rips off the top half of the women's hanbok exposing the first half of his body. (So yeah, that was the JJS shirtless scene. It felt funnier with him being in a women's hanbok HAHA.)

So I'll skip some of the movie (because I don't want to spoil every detail), but one of the most emotional parts for me was when after the King died and Nae Kyung was asked by Kim Jung Seo to check Sooyang's face again, because when he was worried that Sooyang would plan a coup to take over now that the King died (and since the Crown Prince was too weak to retain the throne). The audience knows all along that Sooyang is an evil person to the core... 

When Sooyang's men kidnapped NK and his brother-in-law and where about to kill them...  that was just emotional for me. Once the Crown Prince was convinced that Sooyang would plan a coup, he ordered the exile of Sooyang, and so Kim Jung Seo and Nae Kyung had planned to kill Sooyang...  but in order to put Kim Jung Seo and Nae Kyung against each other, Sooyang sent his men to blindfold and blind Jin Hyeong (NK's son) by pouring a chemical into his eyes. Sooyang's men fooled them into thinking they were Kim Jung Seo's men. So now JH is blind and because NK wasn't there (he was in the mountains), so Paeng Hun mistakenly thought it was KJS's men. Reacting emotionally, Paeng Hun went to Sooyang and told him that NK was going to kill him...  since he thought that KJS betrayed them, and so Paeng Hun begged Sooyang to help him. (I have to say that when JJS was acting that scene, on his knees in the rain, begging with the saddest expression and yelling in the most heart-wrenching voice I have ever heard...  I just about lost it then. T__T)

And when Paeng Hun tells Nae Kyung what he had done, NK was angry, because he knows Kim Jung Seo is the only hope they have. Eventually Kim Jung Seo gets killed by Sooyang's men in front of Nae Kyung's face. Han Myung Hoi (one of Sooyang's man) tortures Nae Kyung by killing the rest of KJS's men in front of his eyes. The Crown Prince cries as Sooyang takes over the throne. Sooyang, who's now the King, tells everyone who doesn't support him will die. Jin Hyeong (NK's son) decides to not support Sooyang and eventually gets killed by an arrow shot by Sooyang. Nae Kyung and Paeng Hun cry in the most sorrowful way possible as Jin Hyeong dies in Nae Kyung's arms. (SKH and JJS's acting there is just so painfully sad I just...  by that point I was crying so freakin' much.)

And later (time jump), Paeng Hun tried to kill himself by cutting his throat, but doesn't die...  he just loses his voice (and the ability to speak) forever...  he cut his throat out of guilt (since if he didn't talk to Sooyang, no one would've died.) Han Myung Hoi (Sooyang's man) visits them and Paeng Hun's launches at him, trying to yell, but since he has no voice all that comes out is a sad gasp. Paeng Hun is unable to do anything.  (JJS's acting as Paeng Hun in that scene is amazing. He acted out the sadness and anger so well.) Nae Kyung talks to Han Myung Hoi and tells him he'll die a cruel death one day. Many years later, Han Myung Hoi is very old and thinks about what Nae Kyung said that day...  as he dies. And that's basically how it ends.

Let's talk about the acting. The acting is amazing. JJS acted the humorous scenes just as well as the sorrowful scenes. SKH did so very well acting out the scenes...  that's why he's a respected veteran actor. I like LJS as well, I love the father-son storyline he had with SKH...  and when LJS's character died, it was so sad. KHS didn't appear as long as the other characters, but she did her character well. LJJ, btw...  WOW. I've seen LJJ in some other acting projects, but I just need to say, LJJ did the evil character Sooyang so much justice. ALL the actors in the movie NEED to win awards for this movie later in the award shows. Man it's just amazing. When they have the movie awards next year, they need to win.

That's basically it. I'm sorry this was crazy long lol.

Here are some images from when I was at the theater (not from the actual movie since we're not allowed to do that lol)--

ODGa2eN.jpg

JJS practicing his Red Carpet Look and Walk.  He is a talented actor and I am sure we will see him on the Red Carpet many times.   JJS Fighting!!!

121030_508fbbdf74282.jpg            30.+Jo+Jung+Seok.jpg             IjDlx.jpg                                                                                    

The very cute JJS don't you agree yeoreobon?

tumblr_mtvx1oORmL1r9e4rto1_500.jpg Jo-Jung-Suk-13.jpg

SK-Farewell.jpgimg_1205994_36732342_4?1337940610 lens19527625_1338791975_.jpg

Things have been very quiet on the set of King's Wrath, but I will post news of JJS as soon as it comes available.  What's not to love about this guy. 

Hi everyone.  Finally made way over here from JoU forum.  Just a greeting before I dive back and start going through this thread from page 1.  

If you have a Livejournal account, please vote for JJS here by replying to the original comment and commenting "+1" to vote for him. This is just a fun award thing being held at omonatheydidnt (k-entertainment news community at Livejournal), but I want JJS to get more votes too, thanks!
VOTE FOR JJS ON OTD BIAS AWARDShttp://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/11993915.html?thread=1141670971#t1141670971

Voted.  :)Ayame said: If you have a Livejournal account, please vote for JJS here by replying to the original comment and commenting "+1" to vote for him. This is just a fun award thing being held at omonatheydidnt (k-entertainment news community at Livejournal), but I want JJS to get more votes too, thanks!
VOTE FOR JJS ON OTD BIAS AWARDShttp://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/11993915.html?thread=1141670971#t1141670971