Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

Hi guys! First time to post here. Anyway, Jealousy Incarnate introduced me to this talented man. I actually almost didn't watch it. And even when I started watching, I didn't really find Jung Suk appealing. But when his character Hwashin started getting jealous, looking miserable and struggling inside, he got me curious. I then watched Oh My Ghost and voila, my life is never the same. His acting skills amaze me. More than that I think I must have fallen for him when I heard his singing voice in that JI karaoke scene. I was like, he's the only actor I've watched in any kdrama singing with that kind of (amazing) voice. But wait there's more. He's a great dancer too...and he's so funny and down to earth. The more you look at him, the more beautiful he gets. I've never seen anyone as charming! Yup, I'm in love with this man and I love it! 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, mundaliv said:

Has JJS ever shown together in public with Gummy? I mean in one show together? perhaps variety show? It would be nice seeing them singing together on a stage

If I'm not mistaken they have never shown up together in public events. I'm dying to see them on stage singing together too. JJS is really sweet to her. Gummy said that he often monitors her music shows :lol:

• Like 2

I totally love this his voice!!! His regular speaking voice and his singing voice. The way he delivers his lines.....*faints* It's like he's not even reading the script it's really him. 

My favorite JJS look is suited with unbuttoned collar. So smexy. Show us that chest!

• Like 5

I also just start to watch YOF Iceland.. He is so different with HS, the real JJS seems totally opposite HS. Hehe.. Seems that he is humble, cute, and innocent. 

I think his hair style in JI as HS is the best one. He is his very best look as HS and also in awards last week. I compare his hair in OMG, and in OMG his front hair is too long. IMO he is more shining now, compare to last year. Hehehe. 

He is quite late in becoming a famous star for drama and movies, right? The other kdrama stars are usually already famous before 30 years old. JJS will be 36 this year. If I compare with other actor that I know is in almost the same age, JJS's drama is really only a few. Hope next year he will be in minimal 1 drama, or more!! Because other actors can do even 2 dramas a year.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, gemina78 said:

Now i am watching, YOF Iceland. He was so pure, innocent, gentle, sensitive. Watching him as HS, is unbelievable, he looks like  two different persons. Great actor indeed :wub:

Me too, re-watching YOF-Iceland (cos I miss him so :blush:) and it seems like seeing two different persons on my screen, the real "rather dorky-looking" mild-mannered JJS vs the in-your-face character HS!  Kudos to the actor JJS for the great portrayal of HS :wub: 

AVI5IT3.jpg

He is a sensitive and serious guy who likes to nag and takes care of people around him as what Kang Ha Neul said in his interview in YOF.  Similar comments from PSH and DO during the Hyung interview.

D1djwNT.jpg

Can't get bored watching these "stones" and their journey across Iceland.....love their camaraderie and their hilarious adventures!

NqeEIuA.jpgeA7NMkf.jpg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, mundaliv said:

I also just start to watch YOF Iceland.. He is so different with HS, the real JJS seems totally opposite HS. Hehe.. Seems that he is humble, cute, and innocent. 

I think his hair style in JI as HS is the best one. He is his very best look as HS and also in awards last week. I compare his hair in OMG, and in OMG his front hair is too long. IMO he is more shining now, compare to last year. Hehehe. 

He is quite late in becoming a famous star for drama and movies, right? The other kdrama stars are usually already famous before 30 years old. JJS will be 36 this year. If I compare with other actor that I know is in almost the same age, JJS's drama is really only a few. Hope next year he will be in minimal 1 drama, or more!! Because other actors can do even 2 dramas a year.

Have you watched him and Shin Minah on Running Man ep215?  Poor JJS was oh so sweet.......seeing him so gullible to believe everything SMA said is just pure variety gold :D:wub:  He sang, he danced, he ran......and even sang a cappella one of my favourite musical songs, "One Moment In Time" from "Jekyll and Hyde" ......have watched that part for a million times and still loving it! My favourite Running Man episode so far!

I find that his look in OMG is attractive, very charming too and that's the drama that got me "hooked" on JJS. Well, he did debut late,,,,,better late than never!  Jung Woo did ask JJS why he debuted so late and JJS answered that he took time to study classical guitar! Good for us viewers that he took time to hone his acting skills in musicals for 7 years from 2004 till 2011 until his first drama role in What's Up and we now get to be mesmerised by this awesome actor on our screen!   Would love to see him in another variety show where he can just be JJS, the lovable, personable and dorky self :heart:

10 hours ago, Ihjj said:

I totally love this his voice!!! His regular speaking voice and his singing voice. The way he delivers his lines.....*faints* It's like he's not even reading the script it's really him. 

My favorite JJS look is suited with unbuttoned collar. So smexy. Show us that chest!

Totally agree with you......he's got this tantalising voice that can melt hearts especially when he starts singing....when he gets into that "romantic" voice mode, my poor heart skips another beat!  He has bulked up quite a bit since his OMG days and yeah, so smexy in those shirts unbuttoned.  Smexy to the max! Hope to see him reveal THAT chest again in the next ep when he visits the Doc :lol:

• Like 6

@kenjo80 dorky style! that's the word that I cannot find before. hahaha.

I also find him attractive in OMG, but, I prefer his style now, as he is like in the most good looking stage IMO. Especially in the awards ceremony last week!! 

I will watch running man later then. Preparing it for after Nov 10, after JI is finished :(

• Like 2

Oh my, in this article about a poll on rom-com kings, JJS's name did not even appear on the list but from the netizens' comments, JJS is clearly the HOT rom-com king right now!  Out of the Top 10 comments, 7 of the top comments felt that the current rom-com king should be none other than JI's JJS......couldn't agree more!  Witty Comment No. 7......JJS is #0 :blush:

Kim Soo Hyun polls in as the #1 romcom king

Source: Sports Donga via Nate

1. [+698, -103] I'd personally vote for Jo Jung Suk... Anyone who's seen 'Jealousy Incarnate' would agree that he's not just a romcom star, he goes above and beyond just pulling off the script he's given

2. [+631, -81] I don't have any problems with Kim Soo Hyun winning #1 but I personally find Jo Jung Suk a better fit for the romcom role ㅎ

3. [+566, -75] Isn't Jo Jung Suk a better representative of romcom ㅋ but this does make me miss Kim Soo Hyun's acting. I wish he'll return to dramas soon instead of just bowling now!

4. [+40, -16] Jo Jung Suk is great. I first saw his acting in 'Jealousy Incarnate' and 'Oh My Ghost' and wondered how I never noticed an actor so natural all this time.

5. [+33, -14] Jo Jung Suk for me ♥

6. [+31, -11] Do Min Joon is just a wall... he matched so well with Chun Songyi and his chic yet cocky character with his youthful looks despite his 400 years of age... The drama still airs reruns and I still find them fun to watch ㅎㅎ

7. [+25, -3] #0 is probably Jo Jung Suk then. I know his face isn't anywhere up to par with the other guys on the list but his acting skills alone can dominate all of them. His acting is so on another level.

8. [+24, -2] Out of all the male actors in their twenties, Kim Soo Hyun probably has the best acting skills... something about him just pulls you in. I also prefer him in roles from like the 70s and 80s like in 'Giant' rather than the super rich chaebol type.

9. [+21, -7] Where was this survey held? Everyone knows and agrees that the romcom king is Jo Jung Suk. His acting skills alone puts him way up there.

10. [+19, -8] Kim Soo Hyun... I've never felt that his acting was sweet and lovey dovey or anything though.

Source

• Like 5

Thanks for the warm welcome my fellow Jung Suk lovers. Just can't contain my happiness that finally, people are recognizing the brilliance of Jo Jung Suk. I may be a new fan of his but in a span of one month I was able to see most of his previous works. In all those I've seen, he showed so much dedication and mastery in his craft. It's also evident how much he loves and enjoys his work. He's just awesome in anything he does. Glad he transitioned from theater to tv and film. Otherwise, it would've been a shame if the world didn't see the brilliance of this gifted thespian. He definitely deserves a wider audience and I'm thankful Jealousy Incarnate is giving him that. 

• Like 5