Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

dekka said: i like said sunshine for us. :x
*because making my feeling good when said this in eng...

but when said this with korean... i prefer 'Johui hae' (our sun)... 
:)>- That's it!!
Who says our name and the fan club name can't simply be correlated?
Why do they have to be the same word?
The fan club name can be Johui Hae - because JJS is our sun.
And we will call ourselves Sunshine because Johui Hae, Our Sun, brings US the Sunshine as we will bring the Sunshine to HIM as well!
"I am Sunshine." It's brilliant! :D

Guest kujaichi

Okay, not that I know a thing about the Korean language besides what dramas and Wikipedia told me, but... "joahe"(sp?) means "I like you", right?
And that's why I like the suggestion of "joie" because you actually pronounce it similar - so that could even add another layer of meaning  ;;)

As for a name to call ourselves, I like the Sunflowers that someone suggested earlier :)
(But Sunshine is nice, too!)

babyviolets said:

So, as of 11:37 KST, total donations have reached to:

179.715 USD

@kujaichi
I was actually asking @shabbychic about whether or not joie and joha had similar pronunciation. This was her response:

shabbychic said: @akina haha don't worry my english skills are not that good either but "joha" and "joie" don't have a similar pronunciation cuz the "j" of "joha" is prounounced like a "ch" while in "joie" it's a soft "j" sound (btw joie is also pronounced as jwah or juwa)
So, in actuality... Joha and Joie do not sound similar.

The reason why we didn't do anything more with Sunflower is that it can be seen as entirely too feminine. I am sure there are male JJS fans as well, so we want something that will be, at least, a little more gender neutral.

Since we are on the topic of foreign languages for fan club names... What about JoAi? Jo, as in JJS's last name, and Ai, which is Chinese for love. It'll mean Love for Jo (Jung Suk). Also, JoAi sounds like "long(lasting) love" in Chinese, meaning his fans will never waver in their love and support for him, just like how we know he will always love and appreciate his fans.

akinahana89 said: Since we are on the topic of foreign languages for fan club names... What about JoAi? Jo, as in JJS's last name, and Ai, which is Chinese for love. It'll mean Love for Jo (Jung Suk). Also, JoAi sounds like "long(lasting) love" in Chinese, meaning his fans will never waver in their love and support for him, just like how we know he will always love and appreciate his fans.

What about halo? Like 영광 (yeong-gwang). Google translate says yeong-gwang can also mean "glory" and "sun." Sunshine can create a halo of radiance and shine on someone, like JJS. Yeong-gwang also sounds like "sunlight" in Chinese. Then we can say we're Halos or that we're Angels (for real.) lol. Since Angels have halos.

Halo - a circle of white or colored light around the sun, moon, or other luminous body caused by refraction through ice crystals in the atmosphere.

@akinahana89 i think i crazying myself now. aigooo. i check google translate back about the words and you know what i got today? there's another uncommon translation for sunshine in Korean.
SUNSHINE - ILJO (일조)
if we elaborate it further it can be I Love Jo Jung Suk. 
=)) =)) =))

akinahana89 said: What about halo? Like 영광 (yeong-gwang). Google translate says yeong-gwang can also mean "glory" and "sun." Sunshine can create a halo of radiance and shine on someone, like JJS. Yeong-gwang also sounds like "sunlight" in Chinese. Then we can say we're Halos or that we're Angels (for real.) lol. Since Angels have halos.

Halo - a circle of white or colored light around the sun, moon, or other luminous body caused by refraction through ice crystals in the atmosphere.

Seriously though, I like all the names so far, but I maybe leaning more towards the last two suggestions.

I actually love joie too, only I'm just afraid it might sound too much like jou, and though we might not mind this as most of the active members are jou shippers, but I'm being considerate to jjs fans who ship him with lyj too. They might not like the idea. That’s why I'd rather promote it as the official jou shipper's club name, coz it's just too good a name to pass. :)

Okay. What about this idea?

좋아해 (Jo a hae) - I like you.
The character of hae in "I like you" is the same as the character of hae, as in "sun" (from Johui Hae).
So... we change the first character of jo, into JJS's last name, Jo.
In conclusion, a play on words into:
(Jo a hae).

So by this, we can say the following:
- I like Jo (Jung Suk)
- Jo (Jung Suk is the) Sun

Guest samsooky

JJS WORDS OF WISDOM

“ Immaturity is good for an actor.  And I think all my crazy notions stimulate me a lot.  If I ever do mature…tumblr_m625k7cAKh1rz7x74o2_500.jpg
CR: As taggedAnother quote is from his Singles 2012 interview (cr:translator) when the reporter comments that she can amazingly see a lot of how JJS was back in 2005 when he starred in the musical Grease (she had also interviewed him then) as Roger (JJS chimes in, "the goof!").  By "immature" we can surmise he playful (almost child-like), not taking himself too seriously,  and daringly creative, which is good for an actor - to let go of his personality  and allow himself to "play." We can see this "playfulness" and "crazy notions" resulting in many memorable (ad-libbed or JJS-modified) scenes from Architecture 101 (famous kiss demonstration) to The Face Reader (the dancing scene) and the naturalness with which he convinced us he was Eun Shi Kyung (the honorable soldier) or Shin Jun Ho Daepyonim (adorakable, lovable CEO ex-singer/songwriter who can't be remembered without also his equally adorkable, beloved Soon-Shin-ah) or Naebdukki (the player and neighborhood best buddy in iconic 90s style) or Paeng-heon, the Face Reader's brother-in-law, who looks nor sounds like the real JJS!

Guest samsooky

JOMMERCIALS(JJS CFs)Jo Jung Suk was selected, along with Taiwanese actress Chun E Han, to be honorary ambassadors for the Taiwanese Travel and Tourism Administration. According to the TTTA,  tourism from SK to Taiwan went up after the release of the promotional video. The 60-minute promotional video is a mini-movie-esque montage of beautiful scenery in Taiwan, a hint of romance (more and more with the country), and JJS at his most charming, sexy, and adorable self. 

PUTONGPUTONG.COM RELEASES FULL 15-MINUTE MOVIE WITH JO JUNG SEOK & IVY CHEN

December 4, 2012/CR for Article & PhotoCOUCH KIMCHIpputong3.jpg
The Taiwanese Tourism Bureau’s putongputong.com has released the 15-minute CF of The King 2Hearts‘ Jo Jung Seok and Taiwanese actress Ivy Chen.

So, it’s not like Before Sunrise, but it’s much better since the leads spend three separate 24 hours together after each serendipitous meeting. As they travel through Taiwan, Jo Jung Seok learns and falls more for the country, and his heart beats faster with Ivy as his personal tour guide … I wish this were a 16-episode drama!

Full Version from (putongputongTaiwan) YouTube

This is the Taiwan CF with JJS and Ivy with Eng Subs.

http://www.viki.com/videos/213622v-time-for-taiwan

I understood the Mandarin, but not the Korean, so I went looking for subs. I forgot who, but someone found it for me in either JoU or YTBLSS thread. They really captured the beauty of Taiwan. I was so happy with that. I only wish I had been there when JJS was filming with Ivy. Maybe I could have caught a glimpse of him!!

Guest samsooky

...Take me out to the ball game, Take me out to the crowd...
Curveball Pitcher JJS at the Doosan Bears Game Pitches a Flying :-* ?

Not everyone can make pink into a "masculinely charming" color...
tumblr_m71pi4kj1p1rz7x74o1_r1_500.jpg

Focused and Seriously Winding Up for the Pitch...tumblr_m71oip9PDU1rz7x74o1_r4_500.jpg
CR for Photos: As tagged
Trivia: Did the Bears actually win on July 12, 2012?