Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi!

Just dropping by to share this international project organized by international fans to celebrate JJS's birthday this year. You can check out the project accounts on Twitter and Instagram @alohacjsproj

Donations are currently ongoing so you can check it out!

https://twitter.com/alohacjsproj/status/1306201197506822144?s=20

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

https://zapzee.net/2021/06/20/k-stars-best-character-jo-jung-suk-an-actor-and-musical-actor-we-can-count-on/
[K-Star’s Best Character] Jo Jung Suk: The Go-to Actor We Can Count On

by Joeun | Edited by Seo Hayne | Translated Cho EK

Jo Jung Suk is an actor who stands out in various fields of Korean popular culture. He debuted in the musical The Nutcracker in 2004, and in the first seven years of his career, he secured his place as an actor in both musical and theater stages. Since 2011, he has appeared in TV series and movies. And the soundtrack he participated in won numerous music awards.

6EB51DEE-7022-47F9-B8DC-522D157D77CD.png
Credit: Shownote

Jo’s small screen debut was in MBN’s What’s Up (2011). In it, he plays an aspiring musical actor with stage fright named Kim Byung Gun, although Jo personally has no fear on stage whatsoever. And for his acting as Moritz in the musical Spring Awakening (2009-2010), a character who revolts at the world brandishing his half-shaved head, he won the Best Supporting Actor in various musical awards. In addition, Jo was in the musical Hedwig and the Angry Inch 4 times over ten years (in 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2016). He goes by ‘Ppod-wig’ (The Fair-skinned Hedwig) for his porcelain skin among the theater and musical fandom. And his shows sold out night after night.

A9BAEE69-D17C-443F-B9AC-B3C6D9673FCE.jpg
Credit: Lotte Entertainment

Jo Jung Suk first caught the moviegoers’ attention by perfectly pulling off Nab Ddeuk in the movie Architecture 101, a comic role that teaches the main character how to get girls. In the same year, in MBC’s The King 2 Hearts, he showed his versatility by acting Eun Shi Kyung, a loyal and strict chief officer in the Royal Guard, a character utterly different from his previous role in Architecture 101. His role in Architecture 101 has won him the New Icon award and the Best New Actor award in 2012. Later he continued starring in romantic comedies: TV series such as KBS’s You Are the Best! (2013), tvN’s Oh My Ghost (2015), SBS’s Don’t Dare to Dream (2016), and the movie My Love, My Bride (2014). 

In the movie EXIT (2019), in which he co-starred with Yoona, he won the audience’s sympathy by playing Yong Nam, a young man who attempts to escape the catastrophe-struck city. As a result, he contributed to the movie’s success that attracted more than 9 million viewers. Later in the interview, he shared that the experience of spending the two extra years for his college admission helped him get in tune with the character’s state of mind. Besides, he performed his own stunts, climbing up the building walls and jumping off from height to render realistic and exciting scenes.

3DC375A7-B1F3-4DBD-BE43-54F59BC3E4E2.png
Credit: tvN

Jo Jung Suk was the first cast to participate in tvN’s Hospital Playlist. He played Lee Ik Jun, a medical doctor with a warm personality, and portrayed his life filled with love and moving episodes. He also appeared on the top soundtrack list with the song he sang, “Aloha,” and won five music awards. 

Jo Jung Suk is a versatile actor who can play any role in any given genre, comparable to an all-around character in an RPG game that excels in every aspect.

Editor Seo Hayne: I like actors as they faithfully lead through their long running-time. I also like idols who accomplish everything on stage within 3 minutes.
Translator Cho EK: I’m a big fan of Korean dramas and movies.

• mintea18 changed the title to Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Current Drama: Hospital Playlist Season 2
  • 2 weeks later...

https://zapzee.net/2021/07/13/lee-sun-kyun-joins-jo-jung-suk-in-masquerade-director-choo-chang-mins-new-movie/
Lee Sun Kyun Joins Jo Jung Suk in ‘Masquerade’ Director Choo Chang Min’s New Movie

by krishkim

5B31F4E8-0396-4518-BB47-04A68606EE36.jpg
Credit: HODU&U Entertainment, JAM Entertainment

Lee Sun Kyun will star in the new movie The Land of Happiness (literal title).

According to JTBC News, Lee Sun Kyun recently joined The Land of Happiness and is coordinating details. As a result, he will work with Jo Jung Suk, who already confirmed his appearance.

The Land of Happiness follows a lawyer who struggles to save a person who is caught up in a case that shook modern history. It’s a new project by Choo Chang Min, who has attracted 12.32 million moviegoers with his movie Masquerade. Lee Sun Kyun will play the soldier who gets involved in a case that shocked modern society.

Since Parasite had swept the world last year, Lee worked on three new projects – films Silence and Killing Romance and Apple TV original series Dr. Brain.

Meanwhile, The Land of Happiness is co-produced by Papa’s Film and Oscar10studio and distributed by NEW. The filming will begin later this year.

Source (1)
Translator Kim Hoyeun: If you are a fan of K-drama, K-movie, and K-pop, I am your guy. I will continue to provide you with up-to-date K-entertainment news.

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2021/08/24/entertainment/television/Cho-Jungseok-Jo-Jung-Suk-Saturday-Night-Live-Korea/20210824101900525.html
Actor Cho Jung-seok to host episode of SNL Korea

August 24, 2021

Actor Cho Jung-seok [COUPANG PLAY]
Actor Cho Jung-seok [COUPANG PLAY]

Actor Cho Jung-seok is set to host an episode of the entertainment show "Saturday Night Live Korea (SNL Korea)," according to streaming platform Coupang Play on Tuesday.

"As a fan of SNL, I am glad to appear as a host," the actor said. "I am expecting to give a lot of laughs and energy, and I will do my best with the production staff and crew to do so."

"SNL Korea," which previously aired on tvN from 2011 to 2017, will air the first episode of its reboot on Sept. 4 via Coupang Play. The first episode is to be hosted by actor Lee Byung-hun, followed by actor Ha Ji-won for the second episode. "SNL Korea" also announced its 13-member crew lineup on Friday.

Cho is best known for his roles in films "Architecture 101" (2012) and "Exit" (2019), and the currently-airing tvN series "Hospital Playlist" (2020-).

Episodes will not be broadcast live, but pre-recorded, similar to some previous seasons. New episodes will be released on Saturdays at 10 p.m.

BY HALEY YANG [yang.hyunjoo@joongang.co.kr]

EVENT ALERT! As many of the dramas are on a break for Olympics, we thought it will be fun to have an Olympics theme poll. What sports would you participate in if you were a super athlete? Join us for some sports related fun and chatter! 

re: @partyon, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart326, @agenth, @Lmangla 

• Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

• 6 months later...

EVENT: Choose which k-drama characters would win in a street fight and win prizes!

Mortal_Combat.jpg

What would happen if you pitted Joo Won from Secret Garden against Ahn Yo Na from Kill Me, Heal Me? Who of them would win a street fight using power, strategical skills and/or verbal skills?

Now is your chance to win prizes by voting in our polls where k-drama characters battle each other out for glory and fame.

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @confusedheart @Sleepy Owl @agenth

• 11 months later...
  • partyon changed the title to Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted
  • 5 months later...

Sejak, The Enchanted" is an upcoming drama starring Jo Jung Suk. It seems like an intriguing project, but I don't have specific details about the plot or production. Jo Jung Suk is a talented actor, so it's likely to be an exciting series to watch. I'd recommend keeping an eye out for more updates as the release date approaches! If you wanna go to see a show or movie you simply book a ride online and enjoy.