Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

Annyeong yeoreobon, @yeoda - Mianhe for my lack of participation this past week.  My BFF is having some major Employment issues and I am her spokesperson during this Mediation process which will tie me up until the end of the week So this is just a flying visit to say 'HI'

@yeoda I missed celebrating with you the   30 page milestone.....Chukahae!!!

Here is my gift for you.  JJS in conversation..........look at his expressions....considering what he is going to say...........pondering over what he just said........smiling at his responses...........looking away into the distance using his hand/fingers to pull from the 'air' his DEEP thoughts.......so endearing.                

mrsbluth Follow tumblr_mvybs4tuoN1qbydg2o1_250.giftumblr_mvybs4tuoN1qbydg2o2_250.giftumblr_mvybs4tuoN1qbydg2o3_250.gif tumblr_mvybs4tuoN1qbydg2o4_250.giftumblr_mvybs4tuoN1qbydg2o8_250.giftumblr_mvybs4tuoN1qbydg2o5_250.gif tumblr_mvybs4tuoN1qbydg2o6_250.giftumblr_mvybs4tuoN1qbydg2o7_250.giftumblr_mvybs4tuoN1qbydg2o9_250.gif #ytblss #the king 2 hearts #cho jung seok #k-drama #cho jung suk #ugh this guy #x: jo jung suk #x                    

1. [*]
avatar_1397a87aac54_64.png    JJS with some of the boys......his eyes draw you in......he has that special aura about him.missesbie Follow tumblr_liwdm6AFag1qbvinho1_500.jpg #Choi Jae Woong #Hedwig #Kim Dong Wan #Kim Jae Wook

Loading...Show more notes                                     

Yeoreobon here is a great expose of JJS.

adooramaqueen Follow Actor Spotlight: Jo Jung Suk (조정석)

Name: Jo Jung Suk (조정석)

Also written as: Cho Jeong Seok

Date of birth : 1980 December 26

Height : 175cm, Weight : 64kg

Blood Type: B

Zodiac: Capricorn

Social networks: Twitter

Entertainment : Dreamstar entertainment — {Website & Youtube}

Nicknames by fans: Earnest Bot and Nabtteuggi 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Musicals]

• Hedwig and the Angry Inch (2011)
  • Spring Awakening (2009)
  • Fever Night (2008)
  • Hedwig and the Angry Inch (2008)
  • Janggeum the Great (2008)
  • Evil Dead (2008)
  • Organ in My Heart (2008)
  • First Love (2007)
  • Hedwig and the Angry Inch (2006)
  • You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown (2006)
  • All Shook Up (2006)
  • Le Passe-Muraille (2006)
  • Nunsense A-Men (2005)
  • Grease (2004–2005)
  • The Nutcracker (2004)

[Theater]

• True West (2010)
  • The Island (2009)

[Dramas]

• The King 2 Hearts [MBC] (2012) — {
  • What’s Up [MBN] (2011-2012) — {http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=80AzW2eg9no,
    & Drama}

[Films]

[list of some CFs]

• LG pluslite (2012) — {
  • Lotte’s energy drink, Hot6 (2012) — {CFs}
  • Lotte’s Buon Gelato (2012) — {

[intervies]

• MBC Ent. Rising Star (2012) — {
    eng subs*

[Photo Shoots]

• Jo Jung Suk Profile Photo Shoot (2012) — {http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KfxXDL4y4BU} 

*All of the upcoming projects are movies and will probably premier in late 2012 and early 2013;

• Steel Dae-oh Saving the Country
  • Physiognomy
  • Covertness

Jo Jung Suk started off as a musical actor and debut in the Nutcracker in 2004.  I have heard great things about his stage presence as well as watched some clips of performances and I can see how he takes on his characters so well.  From researching I found that he has been busy building his own world in musicals and becoming a well-known name among musical fans as the ‘Prince of Musicals’.  He has acted in 25 musicals for the past nine years of course debuting in the Nutcracker in 2004.  He has followed that role with many other acts but seems to been known for his performances in “Hedwig and the Angry Inch” in 2008 & 2011 as well in “Grease” 2006.  However, he hit the jackpot apparently with his 2009 piece in “Spring Awakening.”  Of course being a musical actor he is not just great at acting but has a beautiful voice which we got to hear in “What’s Up” and a little bit in “King 2 hearts.” I hope that he will do more work with his dramas’ OST or use that side of his talent in upcoming dramas and movies.

And more.............

A few photos from “Hedwig and the Angry Inch”

*Group photos, Jo Jun Suk is the one not wearing black black* 

How amazing is it for a male actor to take on a “female” character and feel comfortable in that characters “skin” as well as their own.

Still more...........

My thoughts on Jung Suk as a actor in the drama/film world and rambles about how he did with his characters so far.

His first small screen role was as the stage-shy, awkward & introvert musical student Kim Byung Gun, in “What’s Up.”  Byung Gun is a musically talented young man who didn’t have enough confidence to sing in public and as you watched him come out of his shell, take hold of the stage and proved that he had talent was endearing.  Also as he slowly connected with the other characters and showed us his quirky mannerisms you really grew to love him and route for him to succeed.  I have to say as for “What’s Up” I started watching for BIGBANG’s Daesung, but as the drama went on the main reason I stuck with it was because of Jung Suk.

However his stellar performance as the sound, honest and idealist royal guard Eun Shi Kyung, in “The King 2 Hearts” was the role that propelled him as one of the most rising actors in 2012.  This character just made me falling in love with Jung Suk even more.  The way he captured your heart as this honest, earnest, loyal, brave, adorably awkward, handsome, caring, manly, sensitive and a bit damaged character was amazing.  To see him start off as a character who was stedfast in his role as a palace guard and then becoming a personal guard to the King and Princess was so enchanting to watch.  With helping the Royal family become strong again they in turn, through their trust and care for him started to break down the wall he put up he thought was necessary for the job.

What made him so captivating was the warming up of his character and as we watched what fueled his reasons to protect the people close to him change over the course of the drama.  Especially with the King and the Princess, it start out as all business for his reason to fight for and along side the King then it became mainly about friendship.  As for the princess it changed from business and lack of confidence when it came to protecting emotions, to expressing his masculine beauty and sensitivity, and by the afflictive yet undying love for her.  It is this dignified charisma that I am sure touch people’s hearts probably more so women.  I know that is what did it for me. I would also like to mention that the widely known nickname given to the Eun Shi Kyung because of his beloved personality is Earnest Bot.  Fans have also dubbed Jung Suk with that same nickname since this was the character most fans connect with more. I think it is such a cute nickname and I have been wanting to use it throughout this post, I love it. ^_^

Still going................this person is obviously a BIG fan.............awesome!

People were given another character to fall for as he played the very colorful and comical best friend Nab Ddeuk (lovingly know as Nabtteuggi) in the movie “Introduction to Architecture.”  He was so hilarious as he used flamboyant gestures as he gave advice to his friend Seung Min.  Now this advice was in itself just as hilarious as the actions he used.  Even though he made you laugh by being this character he didn’t let you forget that he really was this guy’s friend and was willing to be there for him, albeit in his own eccentric way, but it still felt genuine. One of my favourite parts of the movie was how he tried to describe the method of a great french kiss, oh man that was funny. (

)

Just like the stage he seems to lay it all on the line for his characters, not holding anything back, searching every nook and cranny to fully understand his characters and taking them where they need to go.  Which I am sure is due to his long period spent underground giving him a variety of pieces to act in, allowing him to build his basics through diversity.  Even though he is new to the screen and is considered a rookie to the small screen, he gives this feeling of connection and comfort, as if we have been friends for years.  What I mean by that is you have this kind of “relationship” with actors who seem to pull you in and you end up supporting their work whether meaning to or not.  So it feels like he has been a part of the drama/movie world for much longer than a year and a bit.  With each character he has taken on he always makes you curious of who he is and where he is going to take you emotionally.  The strength of his ability is that he makes you connect with his characters and give yourself over to feel what he wants you to feel, and that pulls you in.  We as humans whether it be reality or fiction we still need this sense of protection that we will be taken care of when emotionally connecting with people or characters.  Part of his charm as an actor, I find is that you have this sense of safety with feeling these emotions, whether good or bad, because he is willing to go there with you.

Even though they call him a rookie, after watching all three of his screen works so far it amazes me that he wasn’t in higher demand for the screen earlier.  The impact already is amazing I hope to see more of him screen wise, since I can’t personally see him on the stage quite yet.  As for upcoming project I only know of the ones mention above and it seems they are all movies.  The one that he has tweeted about is “Steel Dae-Oh Saving the Country” so I believed that will be the next one to be released.  He has also gotten a lot of praises from the people he has worked with such as Lee Yoon Ji, who acted alongside him in The King 2 Hearts, who said, “More than any piece of dialogue, I was thankful for the existence of the actor named Jo Jeong Seok.”  Comments like those along with evidence of his skills have garnered love calls from actresses who would like to act along side him in the future. Also from reading he is in high demand for other, dramas, movies and CFs. So I am quite sure we will be seeing more of him and I hope sooner than later and in no time he will be among the great at the top. ^_^

And finally............

Photos

*More of Jo Jung Suk as Eun Shi Kyung*

Photos from Magazines

*I do not own these please find the name of the magazine in the bottom corner of the photos if you would like to check them out*

What too many photos? I seem like a creeper? ㅋㅋㅋ psssh a creeper that shares the love you mean HAHAHA Oh well, all the more gorgeousness to drool over, you’re welcome ^_^   

Ha ha ha ha!......reminds me of uri@yeoda

*I’m a not an expert on this man although I wish was ^_^ and everything except my written bit was what I found online so some info could be wrong.

**Photos and video cred to rightful owners**

#Jo Jung Suk #Jung Suk #Byung Gun #What's Up #Eun Shi Kyung #The King 2 Hearts

@babyviolets...........Yes Yes Yes!.... count me in, for any major Disaster Relief and Aid drives our Banks set up accounts to collect donations which are then handed over to the major organisations working in the affected countries.  I will make a donation in JJS's name.......wonderful idea.  PS have yet to read your fanfics, when I do I'll flip you a review, that goes for @akinahan89 as well.  I'm savouring the idea of sitting down with those fanfics, a pot of tea, date scones on the side and uninterrupted 'me' time..........kekeke!...........Take care one and all.

mumfu said:

@babyviolets...........Yes Yes Yes!.... count me in, for any major Disaster Relief and Aid drives our Banks set up accounts to collect donations which are then handed over to the major organisations working in the affected countries.  I will make a donation in JJS's name.......wonderful idea.  PS have yet to read your fanfics, when I do I'll flip you a review, that goes for @akinahan89 as well.  I'm savouring the idea of sitting down with those fanfics, a pot of tea, date scones on the side and uninterrupted 'me' time..........kekeke!...........Take care one and all.

That sounds like a fantastic date with yourself!
Wish I could have that kind of free time to do the same!