Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

@yoeda, chunmaneyo - your welcome. 

JJS is the find of the decade for me, he is so very talented and by all accounts a lovely person, well liked and respected by his fellow colleagues too.  I hadn't realised there was a thread for him here until I saw @akinahana89 mention it on JoU ( I think it was her ) so I came looking and I was saddened by the inactivity.  I will try my best to be a good supporter of this thread, I am sure many others will follow once the new movie comes out.  It's exciting to be at the early stages of JJS's career into mainstream TV and Film. XXXtra Plus he is my favourite 'special friend' for you know who! Kekeke!

Kumawo for all your love and support as well.

Annyeong yeoreobon 

JJS never travels anywhere without his GUITAR 

p94s.jpg  IU-jo-jung-suk_1374096493_af.jpg

jojungseok_20.jpg         0.jpg 

king-jo-jung-suk-interview4.jpg

IU-signals-her-return-with-Modern-Times-

OOPS how did this get here?  Oh well since it's about guitars and she is a good friend of JJS's, her 'Oppa' after all

it should be OK? Arachi?

What do think Yeoreobon can you see the similarities between the two?         

amalilconfused Follow tumblr_mtxiqmYcWC1qdafa6o2_500.jpg tumblr_mtxiqmYcWC1qdafa6o1_250.jpgtumblr_mtxiqmYcWC1qdafa6o3_250.jpg tumblr_mtxiqmYcWC1qdafa6o5_500.jpg tumblr_mtxiqmYcWC1qdafa6o4_500.jpg

Seeing Doubles: Masahiro Higashide (XXXHolic) and Jo Jung-suk (King2Hearts) edition

I just finished watching the XXXHoLic Live Action drama and I believe that it was the perfect drama adaptation for the popular anime/manga. Though most of the characters were not THAT good looking, specially the actor who played Watanuki and the actress who played Yuko, I still believe that they did a great job in giving life to the XXXHolic characters. They were so great that by the end of the drama I didn’t even remember their real names, I just saw them as Yuko and Watanuki. Anyway, the actor who played Doumeki (Watanuki’s life/love partner), Masahiro Higashide is the perfect Doumeki… Let’s see I believe that the actor who should play Doumeki should have 3 things: 1) Height (he should be taller than Watanuki- CHECK), 2) Chemistry (He should have that perfect love/hate chemistry with Watanuki- CHECK) and 3) Manliness (he should be manly enough to complement Watanuki’s “girliness”- HMMMM).  Though Masahiro wasn’t that manly enough, he sure did make up for it by looking eerily similar to Jo Jung-suk who played Eun Shi-kyung (Lee Jae Ha’s bff/bodyguard) in King2Hearts. I swear they really look a like. From their equally bushy eyebrows to the way they smile and frown when faced with their exasperating partners/charges, Watanuki and Lee Jae-ha. :D Just look at their pictures and you’ll know. ;) Happy viewing. 

Yeoreobon

walking down memory lane with JJS and IU as the Leads JH and SS in their Weekend drama YTBLSS.  JH likes to hold SS in his arms.          

tumblr_mrdgiiGu831rlzlwyo5_500.jpgtumblr_ms1pmgCJdB1rlzlwyo4_500.jpg

tumblr_ms1cdxwoPX1rlzlwyo7_500.jpg

tumblr_mrdg8z0PMn1rlzlwyo6_500.jpg

Drama adaption for the Face Reader:
The Face Reader heads to the small screen for drama adaptation
2LL6kco.jpg

The Face Reader was one of the year’s biggest film blockbusters, drawing in just under 9 million ticket admissions, and now producers have announced a television adaptation in the works for next year. Y…ay?

Don’t get me wrong, by all accounts the movie is entertaining and worth the price of admission, and the cast is winning: Song Kang-ho, Lee Jung-jae, Jo Jung-seok, Kim Hye-soo, Lee Jong-seok, Baek Yoon-shik. It’s just that every time we get a hit movie made into a drama, I get all excited, and then… well, then I watch the drama. (See: Jeon Woo-chi, Level 7 Civil Servant.) (Though I did like Gourmet.) (But not Tazza.)

Still, maybe The Face Reader will have a luckier fate in dramaland; a producer with its company Jupiter Films confirmed that they had been talking about making a drama series from an early stage, as far as two years ago when they were working on the screenplay. They’ll be co-producing with a production company that specializes in television production (as they are a film company), and are even looking at taking the concept to multiple formats, including novels and more, which they call “one source multi use.” (Um… the last time a project spread itself out over several formats with such hype was IRIS, which thankfully was a hit in one format, though none of its others made much of a dent.)

In the film version of The Face Reader, the plot centers around a Joseon-era man with the ability to read fortunes in people’s faces (played by Song Kang-ho in the film). Lee Jung-jae played the conniving Prince Suyang who wants to know if the throne is in his future (it eventually was, though he helped his fortune along with a whole lotta murder). The drama will actually take as its hero one of the movie’s lesser characters, which is an interesting and possibly smart approach—it’s definitely one way of taking the setup of the world but creating its own story. That character’s name is Han Myung-hoe, played by Kim Eui-sung in the movie, who had a rivalry with main face reader Song Kang-ho.

The TV series will be 24 episodes and is in talks to get a major broadcaster to air it, with hopes to hit TV screens in the latter half of 2014.

Via TV Report + dramabeans

id="storyheadline" class="storyheadline" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(54, 108, 163) !important; font-weight: normal !important;"New Korean movie : The Face Reader.
The face reader is an upcoming South Korean film starring Song Kang-ho as the son of a disgraced noble family who goes around Joseon and studies physiognomy. He is able to assess the personality, mental state and habits of a person by looking at his or her face. His talents bring him to the royal courts where he becomes involved in a power struggle between Grand Prince Suyang and general Kim Jongseo, a high-ranking loyalist to King Munjong.

as

This new Korean movie opened at AMC EMPIRE 25 ,New York on October 4th. So, I went to AMC EMPIRE 25, on October 4th and watched The Face Reader.

z

After I watched the movie, I was moved by The Face Reader and it was very interesting. The Face Reader was about Nae-gyeong, the most skillful face reader in Joseon dynasty, was living in seclusion when he was offered a lucrative partnership by Yeon-hong, a gisaeng.

g

Nae-gyeong accepts the proposal to read the faces of Yeon-hong’s guests only to get involved in a murder case. With his face reading skills, Nae-gyeong successfully identifies the murderer and his skills are soon acknowledged by King Munjong who orders him to identify the potential traitors who threaten his reign.

k

However after the unexpected death of Munjong, Nae-gyeong is courted by Grand Prince Suyang who yearns to become King himself by killing the young successor Danjong. Nae-gyeong decides to keep his loyalty to the late King and help Kim Jongseo protect the young King which forces him into the biggest power struggle in the history of the Joseon dynasty.

h

I think that many Americans will love The Face Reader because they can feel totally different culture indirectly and there are many interesting scenes in this movie. Thus, I strongly recommend to you watch this new Korean movie.

- See more at: http://theimpactnews.com/columnists/positive-power/2013/10/09/new-korean-movie-the-face-reader/#sthash.vJZqig9A.dpuf

Yeoreobon

Let's have a........... 'Who does it better'...........competition?

tumblr_mtvwwm3T6c1r9e4rto1_400.jpg   tumblr_mug905PMgm1rwnoyho1_500.jpg

20130901_jo_jung_suk_7.jpg  jo-jung-suk03.jpgjo_jung_suk_4_2.png