Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

• 2 weeks later...

done watch 2 episodes of Lee Soon Shin the Best.....and seriously....Jo Jung Suk oppa was so damn hilarious.....and sometimes quite ugly with his words to women.....OMG~....but this new kind of character show how oppa can act well.....i really love the scene when he try to practiced the conversation with choi yuna so funny lol.....hehehe....anyway i never thought this drama will running with 50 episodes....kind of freak me out since i never follow any k-drama with so much episodes....but guess i will give it a try since it's just started and becauce Jo Jung Suk oppa at last a HERO!!!.....yay~~

• 2 months later...

awwwww my baby...JJS i'm sorry i didn't saw any of your work before,but since i saw you in LEE SOON SHIN IS THE BEST, boy my life ain't same anymore,from now on you have become my favourite actor ,FIGHTING<33333 :x :x :x <:-P

• 1 month later...

Thank goodness for this thread.I was introduced to JJS through YATBLSS and since then I have finished watching TK2H and what shall I say...seriously where was this jewel all this time? His goofed up adorkableness as JunHo at first felt like more of the actor than being in character but after I went back and watched  him as  bodyguard Shin Kyung ...his verstality as a fine performer is undoubtable.He is not just a pretty face....his flair of acting seems so effortless....this guy is now on my radar and looking forward to more of him post YTBLSS :-/ :x

Cr:AlobAro (ytblss forum)
Interview with Jo Jung-seok (Singles) - part I
September 4, 2012 by Archana

Any fans of The King 2 Hearts’ heart-melting, swooniest of swoony, squeal-worthy Eun Shi-kyung out there?  I’ve been keeping an eye on actor Jo Jung-seok since I first saw him What’s Up, where he plays a nerdy kid with a great voice but terrible stage fright; all I can say at this point is GIMME MOAR.

Jo’s actually a well-known name in musical theater, but this year he found his way into the the realm of TV and film and I can only hope he has plans to stay.  I came across his interview in Singles magazine last month and wanted to have another go at translating longer articles, so here goes.  (Disclaimer:  All copyright belongs to the original writer.  I’m not profiting by this translation and I can’t guarantee its accuracy.)

Look! At! That! Face!

jjs.jpg?w=652

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

조정석은 서른셋 소년이다
Jo Jung-seok, a 33-year-old boy

Source:  Singles

In 2004, he made his debut in <The Nutcracker>.  Now nine-year actor Jo Jung-seok says he has his own ‘ridiculous acting philosophy’ that he abides by.  His ‘immature charm’ must be counted as part of that philosophy.  With an expression that can never predict the future, resembling a boy’s days to come.

We must take ahold of this and turn it over in our minds.  What is one’s first impression of actor Jo Jung-seok?  Is he Nabddeuki, who ranted about what a kiss felt like in <Introduction to Architecture>, or is he the taciturn but charming Captain Eun Shi-kyung from <The King 2 Hearts>?  Considering the raging mania for musicals, surely we must choose from one of the following productions.  Perhaps the goof Roger from <Grease> or the haughty rocker from <Hedwig> or maybe the sharp-witted Moritz from <Spring Awakening>.  But one thing is certain, he is Ppodwig (milky, fair-skinned Hedwig, as nicknamed by his fans), praised as “Idol of the Musical Community”! Then one day, Ppodwig took on two characters with strong personalities in TV and film and became hot stuff this year.  Because in 2012, audiences laughed until they cried at this man’s brazenness and way of speech, and because his eyes for Princess Jae-shin made the hearts of girls everywhere race.

One Monday afternoon at 5 PM, at a bar in Itaewon, I met him face-to-face for this interview.  He said he had been to and from Jeonju several times to film his movie immediately after his drama had ended.  He appeared somewhat weary, but throughout his photoshoot and interview, his eyes were filled with energy just like that of a sweet, innocent boy.  Like a new actor who had just made his debut.  Before the interview, I was curious whether his real personality was more like Eun Shi-kyung’s or Nabddeuki’s, but after talking and laughing with him for an hour, ‘Jo Jung-seok-esque’ was what resonated with me most strongly.  It doesn’t matter whether he is most like Eun Shi-kyung or Nabdeukki.  What matters is the fierce charisma of Jo Jung-seok who played both of these characters simultaneously.

I noticed during your photoshoot that you have a really diverse range of emotions.  Do you do face yoga?
Haha face yoga!  Well… the truth is, contorting and manipulating my expressions aren’t difficult.  Stuff like that comes from my immature features, you see.  I’ve been like that since I was young.  I find those expressions come very naturally to me.  If I’m happy, I laugh, but I can also fully transform my face to a laughing one even if I’m not particularly happy.

Let’s go back to the first time we met in 2005.  You had the role of Roger in <Grease>.
Hm… Roger!  The goof (laughter)!

Amazingly, I can still see a lot of how you were back then still in you now.
Well… I’m an immature kind of person (like Roger).  Immaturity is good for an actor.  And I think all my crazy notions stimulate me a lot.  If I ever do mature… (head tilt).

Watching your drama, a thought occurred to me.  That Eun Shi-kyung’s character shines even brighter because of Nabddeuki.
You’re right.  In reality, rather than thinking of them as opposites, it’s better to think of them as “two characters who are very different.”  I think the people who remembered Nabdeukki probably felt really strange about approaching Eun Shi-kyung.  But because a character like Shi-kyung has charisma of his own, maybe that’s why he attracted so much attention?

Did you feel the full extent of the fans’ Shi-kyung Fever on set?
Hm… I think we definitely did get some feedback.  With dramas, you can immediately get a sense of the viewers’ reactions the day right after an episode has aired.  But even though we had that feedback, there wasn’t a lot of time to deal with it during filming.  Because when we were in between locations, I would always be sleeping in the car and on set, I would be thinking a lot about how Shi-kyung should act.

You looked so good with Jae-shin (Lee Yoon-ji) that a scandal broke out.
I know right haha.  Though you can’t really call it a scandal… I’m incredibly grateful that people are still interested in Yoon-ji and me even though the drama has ended.  “Eun-Shin Couple” is what they nicknamed us, right?  I think that because viewers went to the extent of feeling like ‘Ah~ I wish they had gotten together at the end.  Why did Shi-kyung have to die,’ all of this was possible, because that kind of longing and regret was so huge.  I’m merely thankful and grateful for that type of reaction.  I think the scandal probably arose because of something we said during an interview we did after the drama.  It seems that we praised each other a little too conspicuously.  So that’s why a lot of people misunderstood but there’s absolutely no reason for them to misunderstand in that way (laughter).  Because as our characters, we cherished and loved each other within the drama.

Speaking of scandals.  I’m curious about the type of women you like in real life.
At present, a nice, easygoing person!  It’s true that I tend to always be drawn to attractive, appealing women.  But the appeal I’m talking about is an appeal that only I can feel.  Even if others think she isn’t that great, if I notice that appeal, I will like her.  But there aren’t any specific features that I can list in particular.

cr: panjjakpanjjak

Jo Jung-Seok and Jung Jae-Young Cast to Hunt Down Hyun Bin

Hyun Bin’s army comeback project has finally started casting other people, which is a relief. I know we missed him and all, but my love does not extend to one-man plays. The Joseon-era sageuk is called The King’s Wrath, and stars Hyun Bin as King Jeong-jo, at the height of political discord during his reign in the late 18th century. Hot-streak star Jo Jung-seok (You’re the Best, Lee Soon-shin) and go-to movie badass Jung Jae-young (I Am a Murderer) have joined the cast as a pair of assassins sent to kill the king.

It sounds like more of an action thriller than I was expecting, which is just fine by me. I’d rather see the king fight off assassins than give good speeches, though I fully expect some of those as well. Jung Jae-young plays a killer who goes undercover in the palace in order to get close to the king, but when he gets to know him, Jeong-jo actually inspires him so much that he starts to waver in his mission. That’s a really interesting conflict, and I already love the potential assassin-turned-loyal-soldier bromantic explosion waiting to happen.

It’s not a surprising turn, given that this is PD Lee Jae-kyu’s big screen debut, he of The King 2 Hearts’ heartwarming and soul-tugging king-and-soldier friendship (between Lee Seung-gi and Jo Jung-seok). I’m excited about his first film, and now more so because of the setup. Jo Jung-seok will be reuniting with the director, but this time he’ll be playing the other assassin — the badass mofo who’s trained for nothing but killing. But… look at that face. Is that the face of a killer?

So with one assassin’s loyalty wavering and another sent in Terminator-style, the king will have to decide whom to trust. Jung Eun-chae (Nobody’s Daughter Hae-woo) has also signed on to play an assassin’s first love. We don’t know which one, and I kind of hope it stays a mystery, if the romance has anything to do with the king’s survival.

The King’s Wrath starts shooting in August for a 2014 release.

Via Sports Hankook, Star News

Translation: DramaBeans

Jo Jung Seok jjangg !!!  :x :\"> :xi am so glad that he get the chances to work with quality actorsHyun Bin is pretty good, but Jung Jae Young is even better
Looking forward for JJS' upcming movie, The Face Reader, and the movie for next year, the King Wrath

LoveSG said: joyy said: @LoveSGfrom the synopsis given, i think the chance of JJS turned from a cold-blooded killer to be bromance with the king is slimJung Jae Yong will be the one who waver to kill the king whereas JJS is the killing machine ??if that is the case, i want some romaces for JJS' character to make him more human than just a killing machinebut...i sensed he won't have a happy ending :(( Oops. I read the synopsis again and i think you are right. JJS gonna be the villain in this movie, I guess :((
And he may just die.... again :(( JJS torments us too much with taking the characters that meet an unfortunate end. :(( I hope his character in this drama will be given a chance for redemption so we don't have to witness his death again. [-O<

akinahana89 said: LoveSG said: joyy said: @LoveSGfrom the synopsis given, i think the chance of JJS turned from a cold-blooded killer to be bromance with the king is slimJung Jae Yong will be the one who waver to kill the king whereas JJS is the killing machine ??if that is the case, i want some romaces for JJS' character to make him more human than just a killing machinebut...i sensed he won't have a happy ending :((

LoveSG said: akinahana89 said: JJS torments us too much with taking the characters that meet an unfortunate end. :(( I hope his character in this drama will be given a chance for redemption so we don't have to witness his death again. [-O< Yeah.... at least we know in YATBLSS and Face reader.... it won't be likely he'll meet with a sad ending...
But I think it's rather commendable that he wants to try a villain role... I don't know how the Korean audience might react to him playing one BUT I definitely look forward to it. Only an actor acting villain can convince me that he has what it takes to be a good actor :D Very true. What makes a truly talented actor is trying out many different types of roles rather than the same one over and over again. We've already seen him with several different roles, all of which he excelled at. JJS is very commendable. :D

i totally agree with y'alli'm glad JJS take the villian rolebut i don't want his character to end tragically :((
his character doesn't have to die to prove JJS' acting skill i hope the writer & PD will be merciful to JJS & his character

joyy said: i totally agree with y'alli'm glad JJS take the villian rolebut i don't want his character to end tragically :((
his character doesn't have to die to prove JJS' acting skill i hope the writer & PD will be merciful to JJS & his character