Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

On 21/12/2016 at 12:05 AM, mundaliv said:

@Angela Yn @karen527 @mintea18 hehe, don't know how can someone say he is not handsome enough to be the main lead. I was shocked also when I read it. I forgot where did I read it, Youtube or DB comments. Too many articles on him that I read. Hahaha. 

We are addicted :blink::wub:

source.gif

source.gif

• Like 6

Awwww.....the new Yanadoo English CF brings back all the ShinNari memories and the audition lesson by HwaShin at the staircase in ep 14 is definitely one of the BEST moments in JI.  But here in this CF, JJS is talking to the camera like he is talking to US, the Nari-wannabes out there :flushed: :w00t:

XpgGFWZ.gif

Sexy King :phew:

f9tOG3H.gif

cr: as tagged

• Like 3

9 hours ago, karen527 said:

It's just a few days before his birthday and I am so excited coz this is the first birthday of Suk I'll be celebrating. I'm planning to cook for his birthday. Let's have a party! Lol. Think I'm more excited than JungSuk himself. Haha.

4 more days to his 36th birthday and I am getting excited for him also!  Let's have a party here on this thread.........we will be celebrating in spirit with him :phew:   What kind of party do you have in mind, chingu @karen527?

But first and foremost, my birthday wish for him is for Hyung to reach the 3 million viewers target by his birthday or by the end of 2016!!! Hyung is still in the Box Office Top 10 but has dropped to #8.

JqNImRU.png 

Speaking of year end, my other wish is of course for him to win the SBS Daesang, Best Couple and Best Kiss!  And to come back stronger with drama/movie/CFs/Variety Show appearances in 2017.  Fighting :heart:

sxpnCum.jpg

cr: JJS DC 

• Like 3

@mundaliv @snowlou chingu-deul, when you get the chance to watch Hyung, do share your thoughts on the movie with us here!

14 hours ago, Jy Jy said:

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=955151

Could you please translate for me this news, Thanks :heart:

@Jy Jy - the title of the article 조진웅→박신양→조정석, 올해의 연기神 translates to Jo Jin Woong > Park Shin Yang > Jo Jung Suk, this year's acting gods :grin:  It basically just talks about their dramas and that the bold and detailed acting of JJS as HwaShin brings the character to life  (very rough translation with the help of chingu google).  It is a recognition in itself for JJS to be compared against these two veteran actors!

11 hours ago, mintea18 said:

His voice hahahah. I like it so much xD

His voice, his eyes, his lips, his tongue, his wink, his pout, the flip of his hair.......just every little gesture of his......I LIKE too :wub:

@mundaliv congrats on finishing YTBLSS in lightning speed :w00t:.....what next?? Try watching Time Renegades, The Face Reader and The Exclusive, if you have not.  JJS is equally good and captivating in these movies.

H71f3RZ.gifrNE25wc.gif

cr: Mystic blog

SHMazx3.gif

• Like 4

@kenjo80 haha, thanks to the power of skipping the other storyline!! The real focus is JJS-IU storyline, so after episode 20 something, I tend to skip the other storyline :D JJS-IU were so cute and sweet in YTBLSS. No wonder there is a thread on JoU ship in soompi forum. At that time JJS was still single or at least no annoucement on his relationship with Gummy yet. Seeing his 4 dramas, it's JI that pulls all of his abilities in one drama: dancing, singing, all of his emotional acting skills, kissing skills!! And he looks really older in JI in comparison even with OMG. His role is also more adults.. while in TK2H he only has one kiss with the princess, and then in OMG with lots of kisses.. and then, a locker room kiss and a bed scene in JI!! No wonder he becomes a Sexy King :D 

Thanks for his movies reference! I tried to watch The fatal encounters but couldn't stand the blood and that he became the villain :( 

Let's see when can I watch Hyung in the cinema. I don't know whether my husband would like to accompany me or not to watch JJS! hahaha. He usually doesn't watch Korean movies and drama :D 

There was an article in the website of my country a few days ago, concerning a list of 12 ahjussi that "taste" or feel like oppa. and of course JJS is one of them, beside Gong Yoo, LDW, Hyun Bin, Jo in sung, etc :) 

• Like 3

@mundaliv haha the power of FF which makes our drama-watching all the more exciting!!  I decided not to watch Fatal Encounter also cos he played an assassin in the movie and like you said, there's just too much blood and fighting for my liking!  He has definitely matured with each lead role he has taken on from the young chaebol in YTBLSS to the arrogant chef in OMG to the manly/macho matured professional in JI.  HS is definitely the best of the characters he has acted in, a role in which he could showcase his talent from singing to acting..........and his acting prowess is at its peak in JI, from a consummate announcer to a mentor to Nari and Hong Announcer, from a jealous boyfriend to a "curious" husband and from a delinquent son to a pacifier-sucking father and the list goes on and on......:w00t:

Chingu-deul, have you voted?

Edit: Looks like there's another category for public voting which is the K-Wave Star Award (Vote for the favorite actor who contributed the most to SBS dramas in 2016).  There are 10 candidates and surprisingly, GHJ is not on this list :blink:

To vote for Best Couple > http://saf.sbs.co.kr/2016/together/vote.jsp?lang=kr&pgType=act&voteType=couple

To vote K-Wave Star Award > http://saf.sbs.co.kr/2016/together/vote.jsp?lang=en&pgType=act&voteType=pop

May the best man/star and best couple win! He's the man :wub:

wgpxT7W.gif

• Like 5

@mundaliv @kenjo80 I love his character in KW, he really shows the figure of a cold-blooded killer who never smiles but has a romantic side also, His martial arts skills are also very good. I like it

I don't really like his character in OMG because there are similarities between the chef and Shin Joon-ho so as if he just repeats the same character despite the lure of acting. But I really really like his style as a chef.. he is very handsome

what I like about him is that he not only has good looks but also have the acting skills, he has singing talent with a good voice,  he is a good performer, has an attractive stage act and has a lot of expertise

Damn it! he make me addicted

• Like 4

@Angela Yn I only watched the beginning of the movie, but the blood is already so much. That's why I stop the movie. I'm actually always curious with this movie because this is Hyun Bin comeback project. But never had the courage to watch it. With JJS as the assasin, I really wanted to watch it. So I started to watch the beginning of the movie. Well, yeah, I have to collect my courage first before seeing it again :D 

I read somewhere that JJS does not want to do action like this movie anymore because actually he is afraid of heights. One time when he did the shooting above the roof, he was thinking of what am I doing here. Hehehe. 

I think he should be very careful in selecting the next project. Hope that he will not choose "too easy" role like what Ji Sung did this year. After winning MBC 2015 Daesang last year, his role in this year's Entertainer has not used his acting skils to its maximum. Make the drama becomes dry for me. Really hope that Jo Jung Suk will choose the right role in a drama in 2017 and of course, wish that he wins SBS 2016 Daesang!! Still 9 more days to the SBS awards! 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Angela Yn said:

@mundaliv @kenjo80 I love his character in KW, he really shows the figure of a cold-blooded killer who never smiles but has a romantic side also, His martial arts skills are also very good. I like it

I don't really like his character in OMG because there are similarities between the chef and Shin Joon-ho so as if he just repeats the same character despite the lure of acting. But I really really like his style as a chef.. he is very handsome

what I like about him is that he not only has good looks but also have the acting skills, he has singing talent with a good voice,  he is a good performer, has an attractive stage act and has a lot of expertise

Damn it! he make me addicted

@Angela Yn - I was hesitant to even start on Fatal Encounter as the synopsis of the movie does not quite interest me.....I may just go back to watch it when I run out of dramas/movies to watch or when I need my JoJungSuk vitamin :phew:  I actually love his OMG chef character much more than the chaebol character in YTBLSS and his chemistry with PBY was off the chart!  The two roles may be similar but OMG actually elevated his popularity to another level since the 50-ep long family drama, YTBLSS appealed more to the older demographics whereas OMG brought him fame not only domestically but internationally ......he and PBY even held a meet-and-greet session in Singapore!  OMG is also the drama which GHJ took notice of JJS's unique way of acting and proposed him for the HwaShin role and as they say, the rest is history!  Agree with you that JJS is the whole package......good looking and oh so talented! I have become a JJS-addict too :blush:

2 hours ago, mundaliv said:

I think he should be very careful in selecting the next project. Hope that he will not choose "too easy" role like what Ji Sung did this year. After winning MBC 2015 Daesang last year, his role in this year's Entertainer has not used his acting skils to its maximum. Make the drama becomes dry for me. Really hope that Jo Jung Suk will choose the right role in a drama in 2017 and of course, wish that he wins SBS 2016 Daesang!! Still 9 more days to the SBS awards! 

I hope too that he will challenge himself to a different genre other than romantic/comedic roles.......but I would miss seeing him being romantic and funny :grimace:   

Looking forward to seeing his radiant smiles at the SBS Drama Awards!

0y3IDeI.gif

cr: as tagged

• Like 5