Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

I've always had a hard time choosing my absolute favorite Korean actor because I have so many favorites. I would take time obsessing over different actors each time I watch a Korean drama, but now I can finally and firmly acknowledge that JJS is my all- time favorite Korean actor. His facial expressions, his gifted vocal acting, his musical talent, I can't say enough. He's the man. The only other Korean actor who tops my list is Won Bin...and...yeah. Um anyway, JJS for life!! I just need to go watch all his past works so I can qualify to be a FAN! Lol. 

• Like 6

I just had a talk with my sister in law who is married to a Korean. She was astonished that I remember a Korean name  ( except of course by brother- in-laws' name) I told her I can only remember 2 Korean Kdrama actors' name and one of them is Jo Jung Suk. That is how I knew I adore  this guy. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Ihjj said:

I've always had a hard time choosing my absolute favorite Korean actor because I have so many favorites. I would take time obsessing over different actors each time I watch a Korean drama, but now I can finally and firmly acknowledge that JJS is my all- time favorite Korean actor. His facial expressions, his gifted vocal acting, his musical talent, I can't say enough. He's the man. The only other Korean actor who tops my list is Won Bin...and...yeah. Um anyway, JJS for life!! I just need to go watch all his past works so I can qualify to be a FAN! Lol. 

I have no idea how good Won Bin is as an actor apart from him looking good since I'm still pretty new to k-dramaland and haven't watched any of his dramas/movies.  Thus far, my favourite actors have been So Ji Sub and Jo In Sung but sorry to fans of these two, I think even they can't hold a candle to Jo Jung Suk as an all-round entertainer. His phenomenal acting, singing, dancing, guitar-playing bring so much entertainment joy to me and yeah, with JI, I can now "declare" JJS as my all-time favourite k-actor!  

Love to watch these two, SJS and JIS, on my screen too and both have acted with GHJ before.......but IMHO, among these three actors, JJS is GHJ's best on-screen partner, their chemistry lights up the screen and she just seems so so comfortable with JJS on and off-camera......the way she looks at him, she being touchy-feely with him, snuggling up to him, leaning on him, the way she responds to his dorm kiss.......the list goes on and on.  JJS/GHJ is now my favourite OTP too!  

moPAOR9.gif

KJNVrho.gif

I like both JIS and SJS as actors but am not like obsessed with them as i am with our Jung Suk right now :wub:.  Have never been in this kind of fangirling situation before and JJS is really to blame for it.....yay JJS for life.  JJS is :heart:

S3E3Jov.gif

cr: as tagged

• Like 8

I have been a fangirl too, many times over. Lee Dong Wook, So Ji Sub, Go Soo, Jo Hyun Jae, Jang Hyuk. But this is the first time I have gone this crazy, I mean extremely crazy. I'm like Na Bong from Oh My Ghost. I can't have proper sleep because every time I wake up, Jung Suk pops into my head and I watch his videos again, search for new pictures, interviews, etc. Everyday too, I discover things about him that make me like him even more. I mean with other celebs, my obssession kind of wears off as time passes by. Not with Jung Suk. It's like there's always an endless craving for things about him and it's driving me crazy. I guess it's because he is multi-talented so there are so many facets of him to adore. Above all, he seems to have a happy, vibrant personality which I find very appealing. He makes the people around him comfortable. I think I need a medication for this. Haha. Ah well, I really don't want to be healed. I love the happy feeling this Jung Suk madness is giving me. 

• Like 10

@Ihjj Won Bin is the first kdrama actor that I like back then in 2002, when first watched him with Song Hye Kyo in Autumn in my heart. He was so cute back then. Hehehe. But I stop watching kdrama in 2004.. 

Start to watch kdrama again only by end of 2013 until now that I can't stop. So far, my fave actors are the ones above 35 years old. Haha, age won't lie in picking fave actors! But, it's not like now that I jump into the actors' soompi thread!! For me, JJS acting in JI is just brilliant!! If I can compare when I was amazed with Ji Sung in Kill Me Heal Me.. It was different. Ji Sung can nails all personalities in one drama and it was awesome indeed. But his emotion in main character of KMHM is not shown as intense as Jo Jung Suk as Hwa Shin. Jo Jung Suk only nails 1 personality in JI, but it is with so much details, emotions, natural, chemistry with GHJ, conflicts, miserable, in love, longing, happy, childish, anger, dancing, singing, jerk, arrogant, etc. So much complexity, and he really shows it blending with him. His eyes can speak all of HwaShin emotion!! So far, only him that I've watched can pull all of these. Even if I compare with Jang Hyuk's eyes in Fated to love you when he was sad. I was also amazed. But, Jung Suk's eyes speaks more volume of sadness (especially in the scene when HS went to NR's room after NR kissed JW, and HS asked NR to date him and he will do anything for NR, his sad eyes are just awesome!!). I think that's why I'm becoming his fan now and put Jo Jung Suk as my no 1 fave for kdrama actor!

• Like 9

@mundaliv @karen527

@kenjo80 I personally fell in love with Won Bin because he was so charming in AIMH, and because it was one of the first Kdrama's I had seen. In a way it's because he was my first hence my favorite. However, after seeing almost all of his works I have to say he really is a talented and versatile actor. He doesn't only have the looks he's got the skills to go with it as well, he's just not using it wisely. People tend to overlook his acting because he's very handsome, but I personally feel he's a great actor.

Jo Jung Suk is...unique. His acting style is very unique and refreshing, and very real I guess. He comes to life. That's the biggest reason I love him so much. I've mentioned it before, he may not have the looks, but he definitely has the acting chops. I fangirl over many actors due to their looks (and of course their acting...lol), but this is the first time I've fangirled over an actor because he's just such a great actor. 

• Like 9

For me, it's his look. Perhaps it's just my type. Hahaha. He looks a bit like my husband. Lol. Perhaps I'm also reminiscing the date back then when my husband was my boyfriend. He played guitar and sang for me. Hahaha. He still plays and sings now. So, finding JJS who can also play guitar and sing is just wonderful. Of course I got hooked with JJS after seeing his acting in JI,  especially starting episode 3, I become addicted to JI and JJS! Then, thanks to this thread I know more about him and really amazed with his talents. I will watch his other past works after JI ends. Now, I will just enjoy JI and watch YoF

• Like 7

10 hours ago, mundaliv said:

Jo Jung Suk only nails 1 personality in JI, but it is with so much details, emotions, natural, chemistry with GHJ, conflicts, miserable, in love, longing, happy, childish, anger, dancing, singing, jerk, arrogant, etc.

Well said! 

7 hours ago, Ihjj said:

but this is the first time I've fangirled over an actor because he's just such a great actor. 

Ha ha.. ! :)

10 hours ago, karen527 said:

But this is the first time I have gone this crazy, I mean extremely crazy. I'm like Na Bong from Oh My Ghost. I can't have proper sleep because every time I wake up, Jung Suk pops into my head

Oh yes! That's my level of crazy right now - Na Bong Sung crazy. I don't think I've even had proper sleep since I became obsessed with Jealousy and now Jo Jung Suk. 

22 hours ago, mintea18 said:

This man is so cute that I constantly forget he's actually 36 lol~

Me too! I have a weak spot for guys who have the aegyo factor. Something about them that really draws you in.. Like you wanna be part of all the fun they are having.

I am SO with all of you guys who have had to replace their previous 'oppas' with JJS.

You know, you think you've finally settled on your Kdrama ideal type - Your one and only oppa, who will rule your heart forever - and then...... Jo Jung Suk comes along...      

Oh dear! :wub:     Here we go again.

:heart:

• Like 7

Jo Jung Suk showing lots of aegyo actions during the live movie talk........what a treat for the fans!!  

Actor vs Idol (Jo Jung Seok & DO)

S84Letn.gif

DO losing his idol title to Jo Jung Seok

dzgol: Actor vs Idol.gif

-What's he doing? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-He's a stan attractor ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-Losing his idol title ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-Jo Jung Seok is called the idol of the musical world ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ But just curious, is DO not usually the type to do aegyo stuff?

-Did he just steal DO's thunder? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-When I read the title, I thought this would contain malicious content comparing actors and idolsㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-Why are they so cute together? ㅠㅠ

-His fandom would be no joke if he was an idol

Source

Jo Jung Suk rules my :heart:

• Like 6

Personally, I would never have given any Jung Suk starrer a chance had it not been for Gong Hyo Jin. I saw her pictures w/ Jung Suk at the presscon for JI but had no idea who he was then. I thought well, he's decent looking but not tall enough for a kdrama leading man. But still, I gave JI a chance. The first few episodes, I was confused which guy to root for. But when Jung Suk's character Hwa Shin started getting jealous, keeping all his feelings to himself, acting as if there's a huge bomb inside his heart everytime he'd see Nari w/ his bestfriend,...I started to get curious. I found myself googling things about him. He made me sympathize w/ Hwa Shin and somehow I felt the many conflicting feelings he was trying to keep in his heart. So I guess, his amazing acting ability was what I liked about him first. Then I heard him sing and found him even more charming. He may not be as tall and pretty boy goodlooking as most kdrama leading men, but he has his own charm, a face that is pleasant, warm & comforting. He gets to be more handsome the more you look at him.  He grows on you and suddenly you're helpless cause all you want is to watch him, over and over again. Gosh, feels like I'm writing a love letter. Haha! Forgive me my fellow fangirls. I'm just really Jung Suk crazy. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, karen527 said:

Personally, I would never have given any Jung Suk starrer a chance had it not been for Gong Hyo Jin. I saw her pictures w/ Jung Suk at the presscon for JI but had no idea who he was then. I thought well, he's decent looking but not tall enough for a kdrama leading man. But still, I gave JI a chance. The first few episodes, I was confused which guy to root for. But when Jung Suk's character Hwa Shin started getting jealous, keeping all his feelings to himself, acting as if there's a huge bomb inside his heart everytime he'd see Nari w/ his bestfriend,...I started to get curious. I found myself googling things about him. He made me sympathize w/ Hwa Shin and somehow I felt the many conflicting feelings he was trying to keep in his heart. So I guess, his amazing acting ability was what I liked about him first. Then I heard him sing and found him even more charming. He may not be as tall and pretty boy goodlooking as most kdrama leading men, but he has his own charm, a face that is pleasant, warm & comforting. He gets to be more handsome the more you look at him.  He grows on you and suddenly you're helpless cause all you want is to watch him, over and over again. Gosh, feels like I'm writing a love letter. Haha! Forgive me my fellow fangirls. I'm just really Jung Suk crazy. 

That's a beautiful love letter, @karen527:) Indeed, I guess there're a lot of newly minted JJS-fans like you who had never heard of him before JI and gave JI a try for GHJ.   For me, I started watching OMG, not because JJS was the lead but because I like the premise of the show and PBY who is such a cutie pie.......did not fancy JJS as a lead then cos of his height.......sorry, the shallow-me is one who is more into tall good looking actors who can act.  Gave OMG a shot without expecting much from the leading man and lo and behold, I found myself taken in by his manly charm and his natural acting......JJS is heaven-sent!  After OMG, YOF-Iceland came out and my love and admiration for this actor just exploded and I just can't get enough of him.....watched back his dramas, movies, variety shows, interviews, youtube videos of his musical performances and am amazed by his incredible acting skills, his singing, his smiles, and just everything about him......I have truly become a JJS-addict!

Back to JI, when the news of JJS-GHJ pairing came out early this year, k-netizens thought they made an odd pairing (see article below)! That's exactly my thought also cos visual-wise, it's not the most ideal pairing.... she's tall and he's not that tall but regardless, I kept my faith as these two are great actors and as expected, not only JJS did not disappoint, he is phenomenal as HS. JI has now become my favourite k-drama of all time and this pairing is just truly awesome (the whole production is pure gold from the script to the directing to the music, the supporting cast members) :wub:  Don't know if another OTP or JI will take over my heart like JI and JJS/GHJ have right now! 

hMaC7iz.jpg

Ilgan Sports - Naver: [Exclusive] Jo Jung Seok and Gong Hyo Jin to work together in KBS 'Incarnation of Envy'

1. [+2,871, -60] Such an odd pairing but I think it's alright! Looking forward to it

2. [+2,333, -62] Odd pair. No words needed for Gong Hyo Jin's acting. I can't picture her chemistry with Jo Jung Seok but looking forward to it

3. [+1,986, -42] Heol. From the writer of 'Pasta' ㄷㄷ

4. [+1,325, -52] Must watch it ㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+1,187, -51] Looking forward to their pairing!!! Gongvely ♡

6. [+119, -14] What is up with people picking on Jo Jung Seok for his height? If you didn't know, he's taller than the average Korean man. Seems like there are those who always make a fuss about his height and get doubtful of his chemistry with his leading lady but his dramas always end up better than expected

7. [+135, -21] Looking forward to Gongvely in a romcom!!!!

8. [+88, -8] It freaking annoys me when journalists write about casting news when actors aren't even confirm. Please stop.. Only write an article when they're confirmed

9. [+52, -2] He said in an interview that he wants to act with Gong Hyo Jin ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ His wish came true. Hwaiting!!!!!!

10. [+81, -17] Gong Hyo Jin's acting adds so much charms to her characters. She's jjang

Source

• Like 4

I've watched a lot of k-dramas and had some actors that I like too. But no one makes me obsess with the character he plays the way JJS does. Sometimes he even makes me depressed because his character grows on me too much lol. That's why JJS is my favorite actor of all time. I'm so glad we have this thread to pour out our love for him :P

QVNQCQI.gif

fOclfgj.gif

The amount of feelings I have for Hwashin right now :tears::tears:

• Like 8

8 hours ago, mintea18 said:

I've watched a lot of k-dramas and had some actors that I like too. But no one makes me obsess with the character he plays the way JJS does. Sometimes he even makes me depressed because his character grows on me too much lol. That's why JJS is my favorite actor of all time. I'm so glad we have this thread to pour out our love for him :P

fOclfgj.gif

The amount of feelings I have for Hwashin right now :tears::tears:

This is so me right now........sulking so badly knowing JI is coming to an end in 3 days' time :bawling:  No! No...No!

Hwa Shin-ah, what have you done to me?  My Wed and Thurs will be so empty without Hwa Shin and am going to miss this handsome face terribly :tears:

MTkLcRh.gif

2KuAzSj.gif

sOHkitg.gif

lFT6Ni7.gif

cr: as tagged  

• Like 10

@kenjo80 the netizen buzz article you posted reminded me of something he mentioned about height.  Apparently, his fans since his musical days has always teased him about his height, but he personally never thought that he was short. I loved the way he said this because it showed just how confident he was of himself.kkk

Anyway, sorry girls for being MIA, but I did promise to give some pictures of lobby pictures from the Blood Brothers play, so here are a few:

2014-08-10%2021.17.11_zpsrxhat6fr.jpg

2014-08-10%2021.12.40_zpsrapreb4y.jpg

2014-08-15%2021.28.00_zpszvddyxd3.jpg

2014-08-10%2021.43.49_zpsyuddscse.jpg

2014-08-10%2021.14.10_zpsuygupwkx.jpg

sorry it took some time...I had to battle with account passwords (as you do!lol)

• Like 5