Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

I want to say I'm sorry to everyone for not translating this earlier...  this was on the blog like nearly 1 week ago, but because the awards, I didn't get to it until now. Part 6 of the JJS's Japanese blog staff interview. The previous part was supposed to be the last part, but now the blog released a bonus part of the interview. Enjoy. 
[TRANSLATOR'S NOTES1) This is part of an interview that the staff of JJS's official Japanese blog did recently. If you want to see the previous parts of the interview go here: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5. 2) This interview took place somewhere between July and August of this year. 3) Please read the entire message from the blog staff. It's interesting, lol.]
Jo Jung Suk, Q&A Bonus & Inside Story (Vol.6)
Message from Japanese Blog Staff:Everyone 039_zps5d88d371.gifDid you enjoy the Jo Jung Suk Q&A from Vol.1 to Vol.5? 139_zps50f088c4.gifBecause we received questions from everyone, with all respect from the staff, they choose which (50) questions to ask Jo Jung Suk. 268_zps8be6fa3b.gif
At first, the staff who prepared the 50 questions... Because the staff had to choose which questions (to ask), we wondered if there were any questions that were hard to answer, thoughts like that. We ended up having a few spare questions. 089_zpsff997834.gif
Well, (the staff) was surprised at the skill of the questions asked, so we had to go back and look again. 242_zps566a4c6d.gifSo we had to prepare the answers to the questions (to post). 176_zps41b0a47a.gif
To tell you the truth, regardless of his busy schedule, he answered all the questions, by phone with the staff...  107_zps547a14a6.gif
Jo Jung Suk wanted to hear the questions (that you asked). When we asked him, "Which entertainer do you have the best relationship with?", in reply to that (he said), "The entertainer that I have the best relationship with, well...  I think perhaps (everyone) doesn't know, right... ", and we (the staff) wondered what should we do (with this answer). (laughs) 
In that moment, we (the staff) had very lovely thoughts as we talked on the phone, we smiled a lot. (laughs)
Because of the reports, "If there is a difficult-to-answer question, from the questions we (chose and) prepared, it's alright to overlap some of them. If you receive the questions, it'll be okay", during that time, there was never a time where we had any thoughts to do that, from the answers we got from the questions. 059_zpsf09c3322.gif
This is such a place with great personalities, right~ (The staff's emotion...  (>_<))
The fact that we didn't post the answer to the question (about which entertainer he's close to) earlier, to the person who submitted this question~ Please forgive us with this inside story. m(_ _ )m
Reading until Q&A Vol.5, you thought, "Ah, it's finished", right. 040_zps9850294f.gifWe didn't betray the expectations of everyone, right. 193_zpsb977617e.gif 105_zpsbd6d987c.gif
Out of the questions prepared, of the questions answered, there are 4 (more) questions that we have released. 173_zps6a7f69c9.gif(We wonder if it's alright to release 4 questions... 029_zps1c70ee45.gif)
Well then, this is the start of Jo Jung Suk's Bonus Q&A. 106_zps2d1551e7.gif
Q: As a man, what do you think is something a man shouldn't do?A: Before being a man, as a human being, I think it's no good if you don't have a sense of duty. I think behaving with no sense of duty is something you absolutely shouldn't do.
Q: What was the first musical you watched? During that time, what kind of impression did you have?A: In 2002, the musical, "The Phantom of the Opera". It was a performance that made me think that there's absolutely no way I can't do musicals.
Q: Do you have any plans to appear in a musical again?A: There's always plans for me to appear in a musical. Even though I'm not sure when I'll do one again, I'll always (appear) in musicals.
Q: What do you think are the charms of dramas, movies, musicals?A: For dramas, thanks to the advantages of having the fastest feedback, every time, we're able to feel each person's experience. There are huge advantages (for being) on TV programs.For movies, for the sake of creating the most excellent scenes, we're able to devote our sincerity. As an actor, I really like the genres in movies.For musicals and plays, when I'm performing live on stage, I always feel like I'm alive and communication with the audience I think are the best charms.
[Note from staff] In the end, there were 54 questions. 089_zpsff997834.gif  This is really, really the end~  139_zps50f088c4.gif
[original jpn source]

September 23, 2013
'Face Reader' Exploits Changing Trends to Race up Film Charts
Source: The Chosun Ilbo
Director Han Jae-rim's "The Face Reader" is fast establishing itself as the nation's next box-office hit. The movie, which revolves around a power struggle in the Chosun Dynasty, attracted over six million viewers by Sunday, within just 12 days of its release.
Pundits say that part of its success can be attributed to its all-star cast, and part to the way in which it has grasped the changing trends of the market in terms of target viewers and themes. 
It already ranks as the third-fastest Korean movie to attract this many viewers after "The Host" and "The Thieves," both of which subsequently went on to break the 10-million mark. The former sold 13.01 million tickets and the latter 12.98 million. 
Since it was released, "The Face Reader" has accounted for 50 percent of all domestic box-office sales. On Friday alone, it was seen by over 900,000 people. This puts it just shy of the daily record of 910,000 for a Korean movie, which was set by "Secretly Greatly" on June 6.
2013092302040_0.jpg

◆ Star-Studded Cast
The movie features six A-listers, including both young and veteran actors. Song Kang-ho, Lee Jung-jae, Kim Hye-soo and Baek Yoon-sik all have proven hits behind them and established fan bases, while promising actors Cho Jung-seok and Lee Jong-suk will draw the interest of young viewers. 
Although Song's titular role propels the plot, all six actors are granted similar screen time and equal importance in the film. 
This kind of star-studded cast helps broaden the film's appeal to a wider audience, given the range of characters and the actors' varying ages.
◆ Engaging Family Flick
Film booking site MaxMovie polled its customers before the Chuseok holiday to find out who they planned to watch the movie with, and some 63 percent of the respondents said they planned to make it a family affair. 
Kim Hyung-ho at MaxMovie said, "While many people take their kids to the movies during the summer holidays, the demographic changes to adults accompanied by their parents for the big traditional holidays." As such, films that can be enjoyed with elderly parents soar in popularity over Chuseok. 
"The Spy," a comedy made specifically for the holiday season, has emerged as the biggest rival to "The Face Reader" at the box office. But while it featured famous actors Moon So-ri and Sol Kyung-gu, the cast was not broad enough to engage teenagers or parents in their 60s. 
No Hollywood productions have also been able to match the success of "The Face Reader" this year. "The Conjuring," a supernatural horror, "Monsters University," an animation, and "Superbad 2" have only ha

September 24, 2013
'The Face Reader' tops 7 million in audience mark
YonhapNews
SEOUL, Sept. 24 (Yonhap) -- A Korean costume drama about a Joseon era physiognomist has drawn an audience of more than 7 million, a market tracker said Tuesday.
"The Face Reader" surpassed the 7 million milestone in the cumulative audience number on Monday in 12 days since its release, the Korean Film Council (KOFIC), a state agency for promoting Korean films, said.
Directed by Han Jae-rim, the movie is about a talented physiognomist named Nae-gyeong who tries to change the fate of Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) in peril after reading Prince Suyang's future as a traitor from his face. Actor Song Gang-ho played the face reader.
Despite Nae-gyeong's efforts, Prince Suyang takes the throne from his young nephew Danjong in a coup and becomes the seventh king of Joseon in 1453.
AEN20130924008300315_01_i.jpg

sshim@yna.co.kr

class="tit_detail" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 17px 0px 13px; border-style: none none solid; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-color: rgb(73, 79, 95); outline: 0px; font-family: Arial, verdana, dotum, AppleGothic, 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, gulim, Arial, helvetica; vertical-align: top; line-height: 36px; float: left; width: 710px; font-size: 28px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-weight: normal; margin-bottom: 0px !important;"‘Physiognomy’ Song Gang Ho tells “Jo Jung Suk is an actor who I look foward to in the future”

by pyn9167 Editor - August 29, 2013

0 0  

130829_521f0f7de78c3_59_20130829180904.j

Actor Song Gang Ho showed his high expectation for fellow actor Jo Jung Suk in the movie ‘Physiognomy.’

In August 29th, all the actors of ‘Physiognomy’ came to participate in the online showcase of famous Korean portal site ‘Naver.’ Song Gang Ho told in the showcase “Jo Jung Suk has lots of abilities and I look foward to his future. Actually there will be many movie scenes of me and Jo Jung Suk. Jo Jung Suk recently finished his KBS2 drama ‘The Best Yi Sunshin’ and there he appears as a clean dandy person. But in ‘Physiognomy,’ he has different characteristic.”

When asked about other actors such as Kim Hye Soo and Lee Jung Jae, he said “Not only Jo Jung Suk but Lee Jung Jae also gave his all to make the movie perfect. It’s not that I like boy couples. I liked all casted actors.”

Song Gang Ho continued “Jo Jung Suk is also good at singing. At the movie making site or at the afterward meetings, Jo Jung Suk sings to make the atmosphere brighter.”

All the actors asked Jo Jung Suk to sing in front of all the movie fans who were watching the online showcase so Jo Jung Suk eventually sang the song ‘Bounce.’

Meanwhile, the film ‘Gwansang’ is about the greatest fortuneteller of the century. He can tell the future of every people just by reading his face. The fortuneteller tries to change the fate of Joseon Dynasty with his incredible ability. It will be released in September 11th.

cr:http://www.kofan.com/?p=11227

September 25, 2013
“The Face Reader” to Donate Profit to Charity
by Kang Jung Yeon TENASIA
art_1380032269.jpg
The production company of highly-successful Korean period-set pic “The Face Reader” will be making big donation.
Jupiter Film, the production company of “The Face Reader,” will be donating half of the film’s profit to Korean charity foundation The Beautiful Foundation, an official with the charity told TenAsia over the phone Wednesday.
The official explained that Jupiter Film agreed to donate half of the film’s profit to The Beautiful Foundation during the movie’s filming. It is unusual to decide to donate a movie’s profit in such an early stage, since the success of the film can not be predicted.
The donation will be made after the film ends its successful run, now grabbing over 7 million moviegoers in only two weeks of its opening, thanks to the long Chuseok holiday, Korea’s Thanksgiving Day, last week. The production company will calculate the profit and then make the donation, the official added.
Starring Song Kang-ho, Lee Jung-jae, Cho Jung-seok, Lee Jong-suk and Kim Hye-soo, the film centers on a talented face reader Nae-kyung (Song) who tries to stop Sooyang Daegun’s (Lee Jung-jae) conspiracy to rise in revolt.
Founded by Seoul’s mayor Park Won-soon, The Beautiful Foundation is a philanthropic group that promotes volunteerism and community service and addresses issues of income inequality.
Reporter. Kang Jung-yeon atoz@tenasia.co.krEditor. Lee Hye-ji hjlee@tenasia.co.kr

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 2.4em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: inherit; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.375;"“The Face Reader” Takes 3rd Crown on Weekend Box OfficePosted on 2013/09/30 by Lee Hye Ji in FILM with 0 Comments

The Face Reader

Korean actor Lee Jung-jae on the set of Korean period-set film “The Face Reader.” [showbox]

Korean period-set film “The Face Reader” achieved noticeable success after taking the third top spot on Korean weekend box office.

“The Face Reader” pulled in over 641,000 moviegoers during the weekend from September 27 to 29, securing its top place for three weeks running, the Korean Box Office Information System (KOBIS) showed on Monday.

The star-studded film, starring Song Kang-ho, Lee Jung-jae, Cho Jung-seok, Lee Jong-suk and Kim Hye-soo, has now surpassed eight million audiences in less than 20 days of its opening with its interesting subject of face reading and story of success and fail.

Sitting at No. 2 is U.S. horror film “The Conjuring,” which drew in some 448,000 moviegoers in its second week of opening, elbowing out Korean spy comedy “The Spy: Undercover Operation” to the third place after selling 234,000 tickets.

“Runner Runner,” singer-actor Justin Timberlake’s crime thriller, made its debut to No. 4 after a bit disappointing ticket sales of 94,000, while Pixar’s animated pic “Monsters University” took one step down and rounded off the top five with 90,000 tickets sold.

Other movies much beloved last weekend were U.S. animation “Despicable Me 2,” Woody Allen’s new drama “Blue Jasmine,” fantasy adventure “Percy Jackson and Sea of Monsters,” action adventure “The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones” and Korean romantic suspense “Jit.”

Reporter. Lee Hye-ji hjlee@tenasia.co.kr

Courtesy of Showbox

<ⓒ Korea Entertainment Media Co., LTD. (www.tenasia.com) All rights reserved.>
cr:http://www.tenasia.com/archives/74099

October 1, 2013
'Face Reader' Attracts 8 Million Viewers
The Chosun Ilbo
2013100101144_0.jpg

"The Face Reader," directed by Han Jae-rim, has attracted over 8 million viewers within just 19 days of its release. 
The film drew 1 million spectators in its first three days of hitting cinemas on Sept. 11 and a total of 2.5 million after five days. 
Due to its popularity over the recent Chuseok holiday, tickets sales swelled to 4 million in nine days and 6 million in 11 days. 
It became the fourth movie this year to draw over 8 million viewers after "Miracle in Cell No. 7," "Iron Man 3" and "Snowpiercer."